[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's the consensus on Bradley Beal?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/7/2019  2:31 AM
I know we have the 75 mill to spend... but if we flip Kanter, Mudiay and Vonleh I think we could get Beal easily... the Wizards look to be having a fire sale. I would prefer to trade Frank and Lsnce and throw in a Dallas pick only to scrape off extra cap...

With that being said if we salary dump Beal that leaves us with 50 mil for the summer. If we can slide Lance and Frank instead then we'd have 60 mil. Either way we would have 38 million for KD if he wanted plus 12-22 million left for whomever wanted it

Thoughts?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/7/2019  2:36 AM
Bottom line....

Knox, KD, DeAndre Jordan (2 year team option) Dennis Smith Jr (I'm sold on the kid already) and Beal

Add possibly Zion to that mix...toss numbers around and we could flip Knox, Zion, future picks for Anthony Davis

AD, KD, DeAndre, DSJ and Beal

Stranger things have happened. We have a smart GM in Scott Perry

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/7/2019  3:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  3:27 AM
If the Wiz want rid of him, the lakers could easily outbid us at this point (there was a report that they had turned their attention to him). I'm suspicious of all those Wizard players after all the chemistry and locker room issues they've had these past few years. Plus isn't pairing Beal with DSJr, just recreating the Beal/John Wall backcourt that was part of the whole problem in Washington?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/7/2019  9:14 AM
smackeddog wrote:If the Wiz want rid of him, the lakers could easily outbid us at this point (there was a report that they had turned their attention to him). I'm suspicious of all those Wizard players after all the chemistry and locker room issues they've had these past few years. Plus isn't pairing Beal with DSJr, just recreating the Beal/John Wall backcourt that was part of the whole problem in Washington?

exactly...IF two alpha dogs sign this offseason, I can see Beal deferring to them in the locker room. Otherwise, I see the "imma get mine" playing out. John Wall is not the best personality to be around and learn from.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2019  10:34 AM
EnySpree wrote:I know we have the 75 mill to spend... but if we flip Kanter, Mudiay and Vonleh I think we could get Beal easily... the Wizards look to be having a fire sale. I would prefer to trade Frank and Lsnce and throw in a Dallas pick only to scrape off extra cap...

With that being said if we salary dump Beal that leaves us with 50 mil for the summer. If we can slide Lance and Frank instead then we'd have 60 mil. Either way we would have 38 million for KD if he wanted plus 12-22 million left for whomever wanted it

Thoughts?

Otto and Morris were not draws for fans, Beal can be. Otto and Morris were traded for financial reasons, those reason are now extinguished.

As a GM, would you trade Beal for nothing?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/7/2019  10:38 AM
Personally, I'm not much of a fan. I think he's more of a 3rd or 4th best player on a good team but he's being paid like he's the 1st or 2nd. Much better value for the money out there and bringing him in before signing anyone else would be a massive mistake.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/7/2019  10:41 AM
Don't think we want to pull the trigger on anything pre-FA signing period this summer. Save for two maxes and quickly shift to plan B if we don't get two takers.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/7/2019  11:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  11:17 AM
I'm a big Beal fan and would love to have him as our starting SG. He's not just a shooter but also gets REB and Assists as well and play good defense. What's not to like? I would love love love to sign KD and Kawhi in free agency then trade for Beal and let DSJ and Frank handle PG duties or if we could get Beal without having to give up this years 1st round pick and can draft Ja Morant then oh my goodness that would be a starting unit right there.

PG--Ja Morant/DSJ
SG--B.Beal
SF--KD/Kawhi/Knox
PF--Kawhi/KD
C--M.Robinson/Kornet

Myabe we could even find a way to get D.Jordan to come back and play with his buddy KD for the mid level which i think is like $4.7 mil.

PG--Ja.Morant/DSJ
SG--B.Beal/Franky
SF--KD/Kawhi/Knox
PF--KD/Kawhi
C--D.Jordan/M.Robinson/Kornet

Lot of two way players right there as well which should be a focus for Perry to get players that play defense as well as what they do on offense.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
2/7/2019  11:24 AM
I'd stay away from anything long-term with Beal - believe he has chronic knee issues (degenerative). Worries me we could have another Amare or Martell Webster situation where they just wear down. Short-term then he would be a very good option for us.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/7/2019  11:44 AM
Right or wrong he reminds me a lot of Gilbert Arenas. Not sure I would make him Plan A. I think he is a Plan C type player if Plan A and B don't materialize.

Plan A should be the Generation K players. KD, Kyrie, Kawhi, Klay. Get any 2 from that group.

Plan B should be trying to trade for Lillard.

Plan C then go for Beal.

Just my 2 cents.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/7/2019  11:54 AM
Moonangie wrote:Don't think we want to pull the trigger on anything pre-FA signing period this summer. Save for two maxes and quickly shift to plan B if we don't get two takers.

+ 100%

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/7/2019  12:14 PM
Uptown wrote:
Moonangie wrote:Don't think we want to pull the trigger on anything pre-FA signing period this summer. Save for two maxes and quickly shift to plan B if we don't get two takers.

+ 100%

I agree too. That said, I think Beal was the Wiz's best player. I think if we could get something along the lines of Frank, a pick, and space for Beal would work. I live in the DC market and I watch more Wiz than I should. I like Beal. I don't think it's coincidence that the Wiz are .500 club all of a sudden without Wall and now that they feature Beal

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2019  1:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  1:13 PM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I know we have the 75 mill to spend... but if we flip Kanter, Mudiay and Vonleh I think we could get Beal easily... the Wizards look to be having a fire sale. I would prefer to trade Frank and Lsnce and throw in a Dallas pick only to scrape off extra cap...

Thoughts?

Otto and Morris were not draws for fans, Beal can be. Otto and Morris were traded for financial reasons, those reason are now extinguished.

As a GM, would you trade Beal for nothing?

Yeah, we'd have to eat a lot more salary than that for Beal. It would take us out of the Durant sweepstakes. Beal is good, but not worth that. Plus, now I'm hearing the Wiz want to resign Green, Satoranasky, Thomas Bryant, Portis and Ariza. Sounds weird, but I guess they are just looking to survive. Also, it's being reported they could open more space with moves like getting rid of Dwight etc., while keeping Beal. The Oubre trade looks worse in hindsight.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/7/2019  1:26 PM
I'd possibly look at this as a backup to trading for AD. I'd really want to save our assets to see if we can make a run at him first though. Beal is a #2 on a big-time team. AD is a #1.
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/7/2019  1:39 PM
biggest concern to me is the price

I like him as a player (Wall not so much); and he's only 25 still plenty of runway

We need some guys who can reliably hit shots. Klay would be dynamite

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2019  1:53 PM
Yeah, it doesn't look like their going to be that aggressive moving Beal. Strange, but it looks like they're stuck in Knicks mode, throwing out bad money. I'm kinda relieved. It would suck to know the moves we made led to us trading for Bradley Beal as the endgame.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/no-longer-salary-cap-hell-wizards-could-now-be-players-free-agency

There are many potential domino effects of their Wednesday night deals. For one, they may actually have cap room this summer for the first time since 2016.

Parker has a team option for next season worth $20 million, Johnson is a free agent and Portis is a restricted free agent. Opting out of Parker’s deal would give them more than $20 million to spend.

Washington could free up even more money in two ways. For one, if Dwight Howard were to opt out of his contract, that would add $5.6 million. That may seem unlikely at this point, but if Howard returns this season and plays decently, he could want to test free agency, either for more money or a chance to win a ring elsewhere.

The other way the Wizards could free up some money is by using the stretch provision for the final year of Ian Mahinmi’s $64 million contract. He is due to make $15.9 million next season and if the Wizards stretch him between July 1 and August 1, they could spread that money out over three years at $5.3 million annually.

That would give the Wizards an additional $10.6 million in room. If they take the Mahinmi option, and let Parker walk, they could have about $30.7 million to spend. Add Howard’s potential opt out and that money could move to $36.3 million.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
What's the consensus on Bradley Beal?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy