2/6/2019  7:47 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

2/6/2019  7:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I believe they could have gotten more for him..

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/6/2019  8:30 PM
Why do teams trade for Jabari Parker???
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/6/2019  8:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Why do teams trade for Jabari Parker???

Dumped Porters contract. Parkers deal next year is team opt.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2019  9:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2019  9:03 PM
Nalod wrote:

Dumped Porters contract. Parkers deal next year is team opt.

Yep. They're acknowledging that this year, and probably the year after, is a lost cause. Beal should be available during the summer. But the trade partner is going to have to eat some crap deals.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/6/2019  9:01 PM
So you guys think this was a good deal? Porter is going to make 27 mil next year and 28 with a player option the year after that... Bobby Portis and Parker are damn good nba players. I'd rather have them in the roster than Porter....

Also Chicago is tanking.... why would they be adding to their salary cap? This trade is stupid

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2019  9:04 PM
EnySpree wrote:So you guys think this was a good deal? Porter is going to make 27 mil next year and 28 with a player option the year after that... Bobby Portis and Parker are damn good nba players. I'd rather have them in the roster than Porter....

Also Chicago is tanking.... why would they be adding to their salary cap? This trade is stupid

I don't know. I thought the bulls might, at the very least, get a pick out of this. Definitely a good deal for the Wizards as they try and year it down.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Welpee
Member: #6239

2/6/2019  9:29 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:So you guys think this was a good deal? Porter is going to make 27 mil next year and 28 with a player option the year after that... Bobby Portis and Parker are damn good nba players. I'd rather have them in the roster than Porter....

I don't know. I thought the bulls might, at the very least, get a pick out of this. Definitely a good deal for the Wizards as they try and year it down.

And the Wiz gets a 2nd round pick too. Great deal for them. I have no idea what the Bulls are thinking.
homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/6/2019  9:36 PM

Agree, horrible deal for the Bulls. I don’t really agree that Parker and Portis are that good but they could’ve had both off the cap after this season.

Makes me wonder if we could have done something similar to this to get rid of THJ’s contract instead of taking back poor value in the Zingis deal to dump it. Amazing how other teams pull stuff like this off and we have to deal our best asset to do it.

Welpee

2/6/2019  9:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2019  9:48 PM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:

Agree, horrible deal for the Bulls. I don’t really agree that Parker and Portis are that good but they could’ve had both off the cap after this season.

Makes me wonder if we could have done something similar to this to get rid of THJ’s contract instead of taking back poor value in the Zingis deal to dump it. Amazing how other teams pull stuff like this off and we have to deal our best asset to do it.

Maybe they actually like Porter (beats me why)? Can't assume somebody else out there liked Hardaway the same way.
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/6/2019  11:51 PM

Out of his own mouth, Parker says that he can't be expected to play defense for 20 million a year. This guy would have to go

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/7/2019  5:37 AM
Welpee wrote:

Maybe they actually like Porter (beats me why)? Can't assume somebody else out there liked Hardaway the same way.

Porter is way better than Hardaway. I really like Otto Porter jr he is just overpaid about 7 millio a year. He is the ultimaate 3 and D wing. There were multiple teams calling about Porter jr. and trying to acquire him. No one tried to trade for Hardaway Jr.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Welpee

2/7/2019  7:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  7:36 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Porter is way better than Hardaway. I really like Otto Porter jr he is just overpaid about 7 millio a year. He is the ultimaate 3 and D wing. There were multiple teams calling about Porter jr. and trying to acquire him. No one tried to trade for Hardaway Jr.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, minus the contract I like Porter too. But that max contract he got for 14 ppg? And people here complained about Hardaway's deal claiming it was the worst contract in the league. Not even close to how bad that Porter contract is.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2019  10:28 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

There were reports that Mavs were interested in THJr for Wes with DSJr/Frank included. Something like that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/7/2019  10:32 AM
Hopefully this puts the Bulls tank slightly off course
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/7/2019  4:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hopefully this puts the Bulls tank slightly off course

I think it should not that it would matter in % for 1,2,3 slots

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/7/2019  8:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  8:40 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

There were reports that Mavs were interested in THJr for Wes with DSJr/Frank included. Something like that.

Not buying that if the Knicks could of dumped Hardaway without Porzingis they would of done it. They could of sent Porzingis by himself elsewhere

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/8/2019  12:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  12:09 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Dallas did....

Argument can also be made that nobody in their right mind would trade for a guy making 27, 28 million with his limited skill set. Especially a team at the bottom line the Bulls

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2019  1:02 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

I think this new way of weighting the lottery will be a disaster- bad teams will have no means of getting better- at least you had hope that you could tank in the past, take that away and what are fans supposed to do to keep themselves going when their teams are out of playoff contention? if you run a few sims on Tankathon, the worst teams keep dropping 3 or 4 spots, so we're going to have a situation where the worst teams only get the 5-10 picks, and the mediocre-bad teams get the 1-10. It's going to be very depressing for the bad teams going forward (probably us!).

Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/8/2019  4:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I think this new way of weighting the lottery will be a disaster- bad teams will have no means of getting better- at least you had hope that you could tank in the past, take that away and what are fans supposed to do to keep themselves going when their teams are out of playoff contention? if you run a few sims on Tankathon, the worst teams keep dropping 3 or 4 spots, so we're going to have a situation where the worst teams only get the 5-10 picks, and the mediocre-bad teams get the 1-10. It's going to be very depressing for the bad teams going forward (probably us!).

i prefer the NFL route. clear cut worst record = 1st overall pick and so on...hence more parity, minus cheatriots.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Bulls get Porter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy