[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Comparing Beasts in different eras.......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/6/2019  10:41 AM
Finally thought of a comparison of Zion.....

Wes Unseld. Wes as a rookie was both rookie of the year and league MVP. a 6-7 beast as center who was thick as a brick. He held his own against Reed, Wilt and Alcinder/Jabbar of that era.

I cannot vouch for what he was in college and it was a different era of ball. I'd say Zion might be quicker and have better vertical but I mostly think of wes in his later years. 1978 MVP of championship series a year before he retired. Could a young Wes play in todays NBA?

A beast rebounder in college. Remember they played a year in JR Varsity:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/wes-unseld-1.html

im going to guess this was Wes at 21-22 years old. Zion is 19 and cut.
Then Wes played center. Zion I think eventually plays PF. Wes used his strength to rebound and play defense. Was a great passer at the top of the key with a good midrange shot. Im not comparing their games, Wes played at a high level until age 32. That was a great career back then! 10 NBA years! Wes was thick but not fat. My point is there is another beast that had a great career. My take is Zion does not have to play over the rim to be a beast night after night. I think he can take the PF from Karl Malone to the next level. At 19 he is not a finished product. Not even close.
Unself was a great rebounder and was master at the two handed outlet pass to start a break.

AUTOADVERT
Comparing Beasts in different eras.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy