Author Thread
homeskillitprigioni
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4507

2/6/2019  4:52 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
homeskillitprigioni wrote:
Uptown wrote:
homeskillitprigioni wrote:They got better picks than we did for Zingus.

They got picks no prospects....we picks and a prospect in Smith Jr....Thats the difference...

A mediocre prospect isn't a big difference. And to be honest...if I'm looking at it from a perspective of who's going to be better on a winning team, I actually like the player they got back in Landry Shamet more than DSJ. My hope with DSJ is he'll get a lot of usage and we can deal him this summer, he might have a little more value from that end.

I really don't know how people think DSJ, who was upset about not being the focal point of the Mavs offense even though he was the inferior player to Doncic...is going to be totally fine with his role if we do land 2 max's, pick in the top 3, and still have Knox. Dude would be the 4th or 5th option at best.

It's why I say he's a classic losing team player. He's not good enough to warrant the role he wants on a good team.

For the Clips to get what I think is a better compensation package for a lesser talent is a pretty good job by West. The biggest thing we got out of our trade was the salary dump.

We get it dude you think we got back garbage. I mean his injury obviously made it harder to get back a Kings ransom. Also he has not proven himself fully yet. We went to the jazz kings and pelicans who ALL said no. So we got the best package we could and when you look at it fully it’s not bad at all

I think now with this Tobias deal it looks even worse. This dude's a 3 month rental and they got a better haul than we did for a better talent that the Mavs will have for at least a year and a really nice shot at keeping after.

And I'll fix that last part for you...this is the best package Perry and Mills could get. That's part of the problem. Lets not forget this was largely the same FO that "negotiated" that THJ deal that we became so desperate to get rid of and cost us extra talent/draft capital in this deal.

I'm glad these elite FA's are maxed out so we don't have to worry about that part if we get them but even though I want AD, for that or any other trade it scares me to see how badly this FO might get beat in a deal again or in non-max FA negotiations.

AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/6/2019  7:21 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

They got picks no prospects....we picks and a prospect in Smith Jr....Thats the difference...

A mediocre prospect isn't a big difference. And to be honest...if I'm looking at it from a perspective of who's going to be better on a winning team, I actually like the player they got back in Landry Shamet more than DSJ. My hope with DSJ is he'll get a lot of usage and we can deal him this summer, he might have a little more value from that end.

I really don't know how people think DSJ, who was upset about not being the focal point of the Mavs offense even though he was the inferior player to Doncic...is going to be totally fine with his role if we do land 2 max's, pick in the top 3, and still have Knox. Dude would be the 4th or 5th option at best.

It's why I say he's a classic losing team player. He's not good enough to warrant the role he wants on a good team.

For the Clips to get what I think is a better compensation package for a lesser talent is a pretty good job by West. The biggest thing we got out of our trade was the salary dump.

We get it dude you think we got back garbage. I mean his injury obviously made it harder to get back a Kings ransom. Also he has not proven himself fully yet. We went to the jazz kings and pelicans who ALL said no. So we got the best package we could and when you look at it fully it’s not bad at all

I think now with this Tobias deal it looks even worse. This dude's a 3 month rental and they got a better haul than we did for a better talent that the Mavs will have for at least a year and a really nice shot at keeping after.

And I'll fix that last part for you...this is the best package Perry and Mills could get. That's part of the problem. Lets not forget this was largely the same FO that "negotiated" that THJ deal that we became so desperate to get rid of and cost us extra talent/draft capital in this deal.

I'm glad these elite FA's are maxed out so we don't have to worry about that part if we get them but even though I want AD, for that or any other trade it scares me to see how badly this FO might get beat in a deal again or in non-max FA negotiations.

One quick point...Tobias avged 20 ppg this yr...KP 0.0 ppg

He will help them in the playoffs ...KP is a next year player...big difference...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/6/2019  8:29 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

He will help them in the playoffs ...KP is a next year player...big difference...

While being the best player on his team and shooting the lights out from everywhere?

I don't watch LAC at all but his stats are outstanding.

Is Tobias worth a $30+M max? No. Will he get one? Probably close to it? He's in a good spot.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/6/2019  9:13 PM
martin wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

While being the best player on his team and shooting the lights out from everywhere?

I don't watch LAC at all but his stats are outstanding.

Is Tobias worth a $30+M max? No. Will he get one? Probably close to it? He's in a good spot.

He is not a max...but with what Philly gave up to get him...he will get one from them.
Ot: but Tobias to Philly

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy