[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ot: but Tobias to Philly
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/6/2019  5:33 AM
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree

2/6/2019  5:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2019  6:24 AM
I can't wait to be good enough to bang with these teams
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/6/2019  5:49 AM
Worrying for us:

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/6/2019  6:25 AM
smackeddog wrote:Worrying for us:

Not in my eyes..they always were going to have two max slots....personally I do not think KD wants to play in LeBrons backyard...

EnySpree

2/6/2019  6:32 AM

Clippers don't know what they wanna do over there.... they are like choosing Brooklyn over the Knicks. That might be appealing to some so I can't knock it. California is a dope place to live especially when you are rich.... that's all they have going for them. They don't have a clear focus or culture in place. They are throwing **** to the wall hoping it sticks.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/6/2019  6:46 AM
EnySpree wrote:

Clippers don't know what they wanna do over there.... they are like choosing Brooklyn over the Knicks. That might be appealing to some so I can't knock it. California is a dope place to live especially when you are rich.... that's all they have going for them. They don't have a clear focus or culture in place. They are throwing **** to the wall hoping it sticks.

At first I was thinking WTF are they thinking. But Tobias who is a FA is gonna want around max money. If they dont value him at that price range then its not a bad move to get Shamet and 2 future first and 2nd for him.

Philly is probably planning on losing Butler in FA and wants to make a run now. Tobias is a better fit.

This pushes Kyrie one step closer out the door if Miluakee or Philly keep them from reaching ECC.

Toronto will probably lock in a Gasol and Conley trade to compete.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
2/6/2019  10:07 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

At first I was thinking WTF are they thinking. But Tobias who is a FA is gonna want around max money. If they dont value him at that price range then its not a bad move to get Shamet and 2 future first and 2nd for him.

Philly is probably planning on losing Butler in FA and wants to make a run now. Tobias is a better fit.

This pushes Kyrie one step closer out the door if Miluakee or Philly keep them from reaching ECC.

Maybe Butler and Kawhi end up on the Clips- I'm sure there were rumours about him and another star going to the Clips back when he was with the Twolves.

homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/6/2019  10:22 AM
They got better picks than we did for Zingus.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/6/2019  10:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2019  10:35 AM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:They got better picks than we did for Zingus.

Nah.. I am sure Mills/Dolan vetted this.

Only thing that makes sense is that Philly wanted help for the second half. KP would not be able to oblige.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/6/2019  10:45 AM
glad tobias harris is off the list for us...i would definitely put him in the "B" list of FAs
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
MS
Member: #724
2/6/2019  11:11 AM
What are the Clippers thinking? Get two nice draft picks for a guy they didn't want to sign anyway who is expiring? That's an unbelievable package, not to mention if they miss the playoffs they keep their pick.

This is not great news for the Knicks. Clippers are far from second class at the moment. The Lakers if they don't get AD are in a very tough position. The Lebron culture is pretty toxic at all times and there is always tremendous drama. The Clips have Balmer running the team and Jerry West making the decisions. If you're a free agent the logo is far more persuasive then the Knicks team they are brining to the table.

If I am the Sixers, they are going to have to give Harris 25MM a year, I think I might have rather had Hardaway Jr. and held onto my draft picks and have a guy locked in at 6MM cheaper.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/6/2019  11:15 AM
MS wrote:What are the Clippers thinking? Get two nice draft picks for a guy they didn't want to sign anyway who is expiring? That's an unbelievable package, not to mention if they miss the playoffs they keep their pick.

This is not great news for the Knicks. Clippers are far from second class at the moment. The Lakers if they don't get AD are in a very tough position. The Lebron culture is pretty toxic at all times and there is always tremendous drama. The Clips have Balmer running the team and Jerry West making the decisions. If you're a free agent the logo is far more persuasive then the Knicks team they are brining to the table.

If I am the Sixers, they are going to have to give Harris 25MM a year, I think I might have rather had Hardaway Jr. and held onto my draft picks and have a guy locked in at 6MM cheaper.

Porzingis, sign and trade.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/6/2019  11:33 AM
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Maybe Butler and Kawhi end up on the Clips- I'm sure there were rumours about him and another star going to the Clips back when he was with the Twolves.

this is about Kawhi for sure. I can't see him wanting to carry Lebron's bags with the Lakers, and if all those rumors about LA are to be believed Clips are making room for (at least) him

(5)(5)
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/6/2019  11:44 AM
Well, with Harris to Philly, that PROBABLY takes 1 high priced FA off our wish list. Thank goodness. As good as he is, he's a bit of a 2nd tier prize.

Obviously our main targets' first names need to start with the letter K.
KD, Kyrie, Kawhi, Klay... might as well throw in Kemba for good measure.

#no-K-is-not-OK

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/6/2019  12:10 PM

They got picks no prospects....we picks and a prospect in Smith Jr....Thats the difference...

homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/6/2019  1:37 PM
Uptown wrote:

They got picks no prospects....we picks and a prospect in Smith Jr....Thats the difference...

A mediocre prospect isn't a big difference. And to be honest...if I'm looking at it from a perspective of who's going to be better on a winning team, I actually like the player they got back in Landry Shamet more than DSJ. My hope with DSJ is he'll get a lot of usage and we can deal him this summer, he might have a little more value from that end.

I really don't know how people think DSJ, who was upset about not being the focal point of the Mavs offense even though he was the inferior player to Doncic...is going to be totally fine with his role if we do land 2 max's, pick in the top 3, and still have Knox. Dude would be the 4th or 5th option at best.

It's why I say he's a classic losing team player. He's not good enough to warrant the role he wants on a good team.

For the Clips to get what I think is a better compensation package for a lesser talent is a pretty good job by West. The biggest thing we got out of our trade was the salary dump.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/6/2019  1:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2019  1:40 PM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:
Uptown wrote:

A mediocre prospect isn't a big difference. And to be honest...if I'm looking at it from a perspective of who's going to be better on a winning team, I actually like the player they got back in Landry Shamet more than DSJ. My hope with DSJ is he'll get a lot of usage and we can deal him this summer, he might have a little more value from that end.

I really don't know how people think DSJ, who was upset about not being the focal point of the Mavs offense even though he was the inferior player to Doncic...is going to be totally fine with his role if we do land 2 max's, pick in the top 3, and still have Knox. Dude would be the 4th or 5th option at best.

It's why I say he's a classic losing team player. He's not good enough to warrant the role he wants on a good team.

For the Clips to get what I think is a better compensation package for a lesser talent is a pretty good job by West. The biggest thing we got out of our trade was the salary dump.

We get it dude you think we got back garbage. I mean his injury obviously made it harder to get back a Kings ransom. Also he has not proven himself fully yet. We went to the jazz kings and pelicans who ALL said no. So we got the best package we could and when you look at it fully it’s not bad at all
MS
Member: #724
2/6/2019  2:30 PM
Are we really comparing Tobias to KP? Tobias is going to ask for a max level deal and is expiring in 3 months and they got two valuable draft picks one likely in the lottery and by selling their assets they retain their pick which will be in the lottery. Which makes this a genius move. Jerry West managed to clean up this roster in a season and lock in Lou Williams to one of the best contracts in the league and someone that has the ability to get another pick in subsequent deal.

Smith has all the talent in the world ( as did JR Smith, Tim Thomas, Gerald Green, Beasley, etc) But, does he have the head. Hopefully he makes the most out of the fresh start. But, it's hard to ignore he had to leave the team because he was unhappy with the coach and his role in his second season. (Derrick Rose?) We were crying about KP missing an exit meeting, but this kid has accomplished nothing to date outside of being a slam dunk participant, so there is reason to be worried. I would have Clyde all over this kid and folks like Ward, Mark Jackson in to help him. If they can channel his potential we might have a special player down the road.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/6/2019  3:06 PM

+1

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
2/6/2019  3:54 PM
Crap, just realized the sixers trade means they can no longer do a Wes trade with us (sent out chandlers expiring)
Ot: but Tobias to Philly

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy