Member: #582
3/11/2019  3:58 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Well here we are 41 games under 500, and some will insist the coach has no part of that....YEAH RIGHT

It's becoming more and more obvious that fizdale is not a good HEAD COACH..

It's either this roster has completely tuned him out or he just can get majority of these kids to focus, raise their level of play, or play hard for more than 12 minutes.

He is using youth as an excuse every chance he gets, why not just coming out and say I'm not good at getting young guys to step up, focus, play smart or play hard..I COULD COUNT ON ONE HAND THE AMOUNT OF TIMES HE HAS SAID "I NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB" very little accountabilty

What Fiz is showing me is that he can't elevate talent... like Luke walton, everybody thought he was the hottest coach on the planet after guiding the super talented GSW who had the best chemistry since the 90's Bulls team (without KD) to 70+ wins. Only to see him look lost with a Avg roster, that's primarily young..

I see the knicks still playing well below their level even with 2 max players as long as Fiz is the head coach.

I love the guys attitude, love his charisma, loves is sales pitch but when it comes down to X&O, he is pure trash..Take that for DATA..

Show me you can take a BS roster and make them better, show you can take a good roster and make them the best..that's how I judge coaches

Do you believe that Fizdale's job should depend on this season alone?

It has to be a part of the process regardless if the Knicks are tanking the improvements in the players is minimal at best. Some have actually regressed under his coaching. He is a bad coach I believe he will not be good even with talent.

That's my point, just look at JH when he got a 2nd chance, everybody wanted to blame the triangle and he was just as bad with no triangle.

The question is, what makes you think FIZ is a Good Head coach?

As soon as guys stop playing hard and focus, your done as a coach. Yeah fiz will let you play through 100"s of mistakes(and guys like that) until it becomes a everyday habit, and then he blames youth..

Never did answer my question...

If it was up to me, I'd thank him for the job he's done, and go in another direction. He hasn't proven to me that he can be a head coach or elevate talent to be a top coach in the NBA, or he can take a demotion(which i never seen done with a head coach).

my other option would give Fiz perry's job, and i would give perry Mills job, and I would give mills back his marketing job.

I would then hire JVG or Mark jackson without even a formal interview..

I would never in a million yrs hire another coach without a proven track record..

this dude has won 5 games in 3 months, that 5-40 dispite having reasonable talent.

And BTW, answer this, What make you think he's a good head coach?

Reasonable Talent? WTF does that mean?

Please let us know what reasonable talent means and how the Knicks have met that threshold

smh..I'm not going through that with you because you have basically defended every coach we ever had since i joined this forum.

IF IT WAS UP TO you, it's never the coaches fault..LIKE EVER

ES
AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

3/11/2019  4:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Well here we are 41 games under 500, and some will insist the coach has no part of that....YEAH RIGHT

1 ) Fizdale will at least get two full seasons. Since he will be here the rest of this season and all of next, it costs nothing at this point to see what will happen. ( The roster is bad enough where this team will lose next year with any coach under the helm. ANY COACH)

2) If you fire a coach into his first year, you've effectively ruined your chances any coach open to taking the job. Even first time coaching prospects who want to get experience. You can't just keep churning coaches. It has a destabilizing impact on any team. Churning as it firing a dude a year into the job. Sometimes it happens, most of the time it does not for a reason

You want a better coach. Well you'll pretty much firebomb any chance to get one if you churn Fizdale in less than one full season

3) Losing teams will struggle to get coaches with actual options. Bad companies will struggle to hire top shelf talent. You want a better coach, then you need to make the situation more attractive. You know what makes a team more attractive? A top talent type young player to build around. Stan Van Gundy does not go to Detroit without Andre Drummond there. You know how you get that top young potential talent? In the draft, which you've already decided is a **** show.

You want to push for trades that don't exist, to further push away the kind of coach you say you want.

OK, let's disspell the idea that Fizdale is a "well liked coach" When in Miami, his wife had status. She wasn't just some typical roastie who latched onto someone with money and a nice high profile job. She became friends with the wives of Wade and LBJ. So he was part of their social circle. Wade and LBJ are just people too. They don't need to eat **** from their wives because they can't get along with Fizdale, the husband of one of their inner circle. You socialize with people, odds are you going to bond with them and hopefully get along.

Fizdale might be as bad as you say. But since he will be here another year, nothing to do but watch and find out.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/11/2019  4:23 PM
Proven coaches don't provide proven results.
Its been proven many times. Even by knicks.

Red Holzman's second stint. A disaster.
Nellie.
Mcloud
Chaney
Wilkens
MDA

And that's just the knicks. JVG has not coached in over 13 years. Jax did good. On a team that drafted 3 allstars and two likely HOF's. Can you replicate that by hiring him? He was let go for reasons off basketball and nobody has hired him. Brett Brown and Brad Stevens both took a painful growth path.
Its your opinion but there is no guarantee that past success translates going forward.
Read up on Joe Torre's career. Two bad endings but his third gig was magnificent!
No two experiences are the same. Hire without an interview? Your giving Fiz Perry's Job? Really?

knicks1248
3/11/2019  4:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2019  4:39 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

1 ) Fizdale will at least get two full seasons. Since he will be here the rest of this season and all of next, it costs nothing at this point to see what will happen. ( The roster is bad enough where this team will lose next year with any coach under the helm. ANY COACH)

2) If you fire a coach into his first year, you've effectively ruined your chances any coach open to taking the job. Even first time coaching prospects who want to get experience. You can't just keep churning coaches. It has a destabilizing impact on any team. Churning as it firing a dude a year into the job. Sometimes it happens, most of the time it does not for a reason

You want a better coach. Well you'll pretty much firebomb any chance to get one if you churn Fizdale in less than one full season

3) Losing teams will struggle to get coaches with actual options. Bad companies will struggle to hire top shelf talent. You want a better coach, then you need to make the situation more attractive. You know what makes a team more attractive? A top talent type young player to build around. Stan Van Gundy does not go to Detroit without Andre Drummond there. You know how you get that top young potential talent? In the draft, which you've already decided is a **** show.

You want to push for trades that don't exist, to further push away the kind of coach you say you want.

OK, let's disspell the idea that Fizdale is a "well liked coach" When in Miami, his wife had status. She wasn't just some typical roastie who latched onto someone with money and a nice high profile job. She became friends with the wives of Wade and LBJ. So he was part of their social circle. Wade and LBJ are just people too. They don't need to eat **** from their wives because they can't get along with Fizdale, the husband of one of their inner circle. You socialize with people, odds are you going to bond with them and hopefully get along.

Fizdale might be as bad as you say. But since he will be here another year, nothing to do but watch and find out.

Thats sounds like a direct shot at the FO..

Mega Cap space, top draft pick and 9 slots to be filled and you predict we will be lousy next yr..

I agree that firing him won't look good, especially after one season, but it's clear he is clueless, or he is being instructed to do dumb sht.

Even with a top 5 roster, fiz wouldn't get us more the 40+ wins

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/11/2019  4:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2019  4:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Mega Cap space, top draft pick and 9 slots to be filled and you predict we will be lousy next yr..

I agree that firing him won't look good, especially after one season, but it's clear he is clueless, or he is being instructed to do dumb sht.

Fiz running developing camp not a team.
This group will have hard time to win in G-league.
The priorities were set clear and agreed between FO and Fiz.
Wins are nice bonus if they will happened after all objectives of the game are met.
Provide prospects and tryouts with agreed playing time and try them in specific situations.
The main focus is development and evaluation.
Also some stat padding to improve the value of mediocre dudes like Mud, Vonley, Tomas, Mario, etc.
I think Fiz did a heck of a job in all this areas.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/11/2019  5:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

This will be answered next season. He didn't look this bad his days in Memphis. They actually overachieved his first season. Memphis sucked last season without him and traded Gasol this season. Which shows maybe he wasn't really the problem in Memphis. But again these questions will probably be answered next season.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/11/2019  5:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2019  5:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

It's either this roster has completely tuned him out or he just can get majority of these kids to focus, raise their level of play, or play hard for more than 12 minutes.

He is using youth as an excuse every chance he gets, why not just coming out and say I'm not good at getting young guys to step up, focus, play smart or play hard..I COULD COUNT ON ONE HAND THE AMOUNT OF TIMES HE HAS SAID "I NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB" very little accountabilty

What Fiz is showing me is that he can't elevate talent... like Luke walton, everybody thought he was the hottest coach on the planet after guiding the super talented GSW who had the best chemistry since the 90's Bulls team (without KD) to 70+ wins. Only to see him look lost with a Avg roster, that's primarily young..

I see the knicks still playing well below their level even with 2 max players as long as Fiz is the head coach.

I love the guys attitude, love his charisma, loves is sales pitch but when it comes down to X&O, he is pure trash..Take that for DATA..

Show me you can take a BS roster and make them better, show you can take a good roster and make them the best..that's how I judge coaches

It has to be a part of the process regardless if the Knicks are tanking the improvements in the players is minimal at best. Some have actually regressed under his coaching. He is a bad coach I believe he will not be good even with talent.

That's my point, just look at JH when he got a 2nd chance, everybody wanted to blame the triangle and he was just as bad with no triangle.

As soon as guys stop playing hard and focus, your done as a coach. Yeah fiz will let you play through 100"s of mistakes(and guys like that) until it becomes a everyday habit, and then he blames youth..

If it was up to me, I'd thank him for the job he's done, and go in another direction. He hasn't proven to me that he can be a head coach or elevate talent to be a top coach in the NBA, or he can take a demotion(which i never seen done with a head coach).

my other option would give Fiz perry's job, and i would give perry Mills job, and I would give mills back his marketing job.

I would never in a million yrs hire another coach without a proven track record..

this dude has won 5 games in 3 months, that 5-40 dispite having reasonable talent.

You let go of a veteran coach, after one rebuilding season, with the youngest team in the league. The star, and a veteran starter, traded not long after he arrives. Good luck getting anyone to take the Knicks seriously. How many coaches have the Knicks gone through?

Mark Jackson ran lots of ISO before Kerr got to GS. Thats your biggest complaint. JVG hasnt coached an NBA team in eons. Last time, he didnt get far with a very good Houston team. These are homer picks.

The coaches who are right now considered at the top of their game would be hesitant to take a job with a franchise that does things like you're suggesting. Firing a coach after a season like this. Its thought to be why Kerr went back on his word to coach the Knicks, not trusting ownership.

Im not suggesting I know what kind of a job Fizdale will do next season. As far as Im concerned, thats when the clock starts. Makes no sense to base Fizdale's job performance only on this one season, too many moves made.

knicks1248
3/12/2019  1:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You let go of a veteran coach, after one rebuilding season, with the youngest team in the league. The star, and a veteran starter, traded not long after he arrives. Good luck getting anyone to take the Knicks seriously. How many coaches have the Knicks gone through?

Mark Jackson ran lots of ISO before Kerr got to GS. Thats your biggest complaint. JVG hasnt coached an NBA team in eons. Last time, he didnt get far with a very good Houston team. These are homer picks.

The coaches who are right now considered at the top of their game would be hesitant to take a job with a franchise that does things like you're suggesting. Firing a coach after a season like this. Its thought to be why Kerr went back on his word to coach the Knicks, not trusting ownership.

Im not suggesting I know what kind of a job Fizdale will do next season. As far as Im concerned, thats when the clock starts. Makes no sense to base Fizdale's job performance only on this one season, too many moves made.

18 straight losses, 17 straight home losses. I mean who loses that much even to teams that we're supposed to be worse than .

Again it's not even so much about the wins and losses, it's the fact that the entire team looks like Knox in a fckng daze, careless with the ball, players going for self, players look disinterested, unforced turnovers, no one playing hard, guys making the same mistakes in game 65 as they did in game 1, no identity, no system, no defense, no offense...NOT ONE FCKNG THING HAS BEEN ESTABLISH UNDER FIZ.

As of today we are, I think the 9th youngest team playing at a min age of 24 give or take a few months, yet we are the worst and keep using that as an excuse for displaying completely unwatchable basketball..

You know he's trash and wont do much better with an ALL star roster, he's just a very likable guy who you want the best for, that doesn't make you a good head coach

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/12/2019  2:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

18 straight losses, 17 straight home losses. I mean who loses that much even to teams that we're supposed to be worse than .

Again it's not even so much about the wins and losses, it's the fact that the entire team looks like Knox in a fckng daze, careless with the ball, players going for self, players look disinterested, unforced turnovers, no one playing hard, guys making the same mistakes in game 65 as they did in game 1, no identity, no system, no defense, no offense...NOT ONE FCKNG THING HAS BEEN ESTABLISH UNDER FIZ.

As of today we are, I think the 9th youngest team playing at a min age of 24 give or take a few months, yet we are the worst and keep using that as an excuse for displaying completely unwatchable basketball..

You know he's trash and wont do much better with an ALL star roster, he's just a very likable guy who you want the best for, that doesn't make you a good head coach

I agree, you have to give him more than one season. But what Fiz has shown so far has been unimpressive. The lineups have been atrocious to start the season and I still can't tell what the team's system is. I will admit that the players do give consistent effort.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/12/2019  2:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

What the flying **** are you even talking about?

Teams that are top 3 bottom lousy one year will typically be lousy the next year too. This is not some wild far reaching prediction on my part. You will eventually cite the Heat. Yes, have a top 5 player, pair him with a generational top player in the game, and a top 1 guy in Bosh, then have a recent 2nd overall pick in Beasley ( no one knew he wouldn't pan out then) and in and in a different CBA era where sign and trades and the mid level exception and repeater tax/tax line were all different.

If firing him won't look good, and it will hurt finding another coach, then SHUT FUCK UP ABOUT FIRING HIM NOW THEN. Seriously, just shut the **** up about it.

A top 5 roster would be the Warriors, Bucks, Rockets, Nuggets and Raptors. In the East, outside of the Warriors which is basically like gifting someone a ring, he'd make the Eastern Conference Finals pretty easy with one of those rosters.

Your solution is to give someone without GM training or experience the GM job. Then to give someone without experience running the business side of a franchise that job. Your ****ing solution is to give people jobs they have NO EXPERIENCE and NO TRAINING for at all.

Then your options here is to hire an aging coach who hasn't suffered this kind of grind for over a decade OR a guy who is plain ****ing crazy and poisons every franchise he's been on with his insufferable personality/character?

You still haven't addressed the major conflict in your reasoning. A good established coach wants to have a player to build around, a young one. You only get those in the draft. No one is trading those kind of guys. Since you say the draft is bull****, how are you getting that player to attract the kind of coach you say this teams need?

No answer right? Seriously dude, shut your ****ing mouth. You are literally contributing nothing to actual basketball discussion on this site. You are just generating noise and volume. What makes it even worse is you incite blkexec to keep saying blame the fans, because he's clearly failed 5th grade math ( One poster, like you, or a few dozen, who are the loudest on a few sites or outlets, out of millions of Knicks fans around the world, does not hold the viewpoint of all those fans. How much of an entitled narcissistic ****head do you have to be to say blame the fans? Without the fans, there is no game. At all. There is nothing. )

Nalod
USA
3/12/2019  2:32 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Teams that are top 3 bottom lousy one year will typically be lousy the next year too. This is not some wild far reaching prediction on my part. You will eventually cite the Heat. Yes, have a top 5 player, pair him with a generational top player in the game, and a top 1 guy in Bosh, then have a recent 2nd overall pick in Beasley ( no one knew he wouldn't pan out then) and in and in a different CBA era where sign and trades and the mid level exception and repeater tax/tax line were all different.

If firing him won't look good, and it will hurt finding another coach, then SHUT FUCK UP ABOUT FIRING HIM NOW THEN. Seriously, just shut the **** up about it.

A top 5 roster would be the Warriors, Bucks, Rockets, Nuggets and Raptors. In the East, outside of the Warriors which is basically like gifting someone a ring, he'd make the Eastern Conference Finals pretty easy with one of those rosters.

Your solution is to give someone without GM training or experience the GM job. Then to give someone without experience running the business side of a franchise that job. Your ****ing solution is to give people jobs they have NO EXPERIENCE and NO TRAINING for at all.

Then your options here is to hire an aging coach who hasn't suffered this kind of grind for over a decade OR a guy who is plain ****ing crazy and poisons every franchise he's been on with his insufferable personality/character?

You still haven't addressed the major conflict in your reasoning. A good established coach wants to have a player to build around, a young one. You only get those in the draft. No one is trading those kind of guys. Since you say the draft is bull****, how are you getting that player to attract the kind of coach you say this teams need?

No answer right? Seriously dude, shut your ****ing mouth. You are literally contributing nothing to actual basketball discussion on this site. You are just generating noise and volume. What makes it even worse is you incite blkexec to keep saying blame the fans, because he's clearly failed 5th grade math ( One poster, like you, or a few dozen, who are the loudest on a few sites or outlets, out of millions of Knicks fans around the world, does not hold the viewpoint of all those fans. How much of an entitled narcissistic ****head do you have to be to say blame the fans? Without the fans, there is no game. At all. There is nothing. )

Golden nugget line from Triple! Laughing at my computer screen!

howyoudoing
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8744
USA
3/12/2019  3:13 PM
NBA is mostly about stars. There are maybe 4-5 coaches are awful, and 4-5 who actually make a team better. The rest are mostly interchangeable - the key is not interchanging them so often that you lose stability.
Alias was supposed to be howyoudoin, but I accidentally included the g. Clearly I do not have mad game like Joey...
knicks1248
3/12/2019  3:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2019  3:39 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

you are all over the place like the front office..

If you looked around the league more than 60% of all stars are on a team that didn't draft them.

Can you build around james harden, they didn't have to lose 200 games to get him..

when you start thinking the only way to build is through the draft, you should leave the conversation.

when did i ever say any of the sht you claimed i said, and if your perceived it wrong, you should confirm first so you don't sound like an idiot

ES
GustavBahler

3/12/2019  5:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Doesnt matter if Fizdale gets another year, and proves your point. What is more important is how Fizdale is treated while he is part of the Knicks org. You might want to ignore the trades, the rookies getting big minutes. The lack of a star, but quality coaches wont.

Doesnt matter if Fizdale stinks on ice next season. What is important is that the well isnt so poisoned by mgmt/ownership that the Knicks cant attract more than coaches looking for a big payday.

fwk00
Member: #6048

3/12/2019  7:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2019  8:48 PM
The real issue is that the NBA draft is obsolete. It distorts and creates perverse incentives to game the game.

With a hard salary cap there is no reason that teams should not play with all deliberate purpose all year long. Teams needing specific talent should be able to bid on and sign whoever they damned well please over the summer.

The draft has become a spectacle without purpose or positive effect. Its a show within a show that does far more harm than benefit.

The NBA has created a set of golden handcuffs and has welded itself to it. Crazy for coaches and the league to operate with 25% of its teams trying to lose.

knicks1248
3/13/2019  9:11 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Doesnt matter if Fizdale gets another year, and proves your point. What is more important is how Fizdale is treated while he is part of the Knicks org. You might want to ignore the trades, the rookies getting big minutes. The lack of a star, but quality coaches wont.

Doesnt matter if Fizdale stinks on ice next season. What is important is that the well isnt so poisoned by mgmt/ownership that the Knicks cant attract more than coaches looking for a big payday.

How does management justify firing a guy (JH) who had better results with less talent then your current hire(FIZ)who has shattered franchise records for losing.

ES
GustavBahler

3/13/2019  9:40 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

How does management justify firing a guy (JH) who had better results with less talent then your current hire(FIZ)who has shattered franchise records for losing.

My hire? Hornacek got two seasons to make things work. Wasnt getting along with the star, which will get you bounced almost every time. Hornacek got two seasons, thats what Fizdale should get, at least.

Most of the moves made for next season, will probably happen in the offseason, not during the season, as we just witnessed. More time for Fizdale to tailor the offense to his players. Not predicting anything, but an easier time building a team from the ground up for next season.

Nalod
USA
3/13/2019  9:51 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Like when the team was over .500? in the first quarter of the season? Or when Injuries to Timmy took him out? or when Veteran Jack ran out of gas? Or when that tall blond fella who was an allstar had that boo boo on his knee?

This dude Fiz is well liked, did respectable in Memphis but made a mistake with his veterans. Lets talk to him about it. In the interview process they ask: What did you learn from the experience and going forward what would you change. Its called learning.
Why did we fire Larry Brown? Was it about his HOF career and success in Detroit the previous two years prior to being a knick?
Teams make mistakes. Knicks have made plenty. You ask why? You are results oriented and thus want that proof. We hired those guys too. Its no guarantee. Being results oriented your not going to get what 98% of reasonably read fans understand. Your not 100% wrong about things but the answers you seek are not attainable as quickly as you'd like. Most of us "wish and hope" that since Phil has been removed this revised thought process has results. If your expectations don't meet this reality then you'll continue to look the fool. Hours spent here and your asking why did we hire Fiz? Are you that void? That rigid.

I'd ban you just because you don't converse, you rant nonsensically. While its not impolite or rude per se, it lacks integrity. Suck it up and grow a pair. Nobody likes this season. Its easy to be a hindsight dissenter. Its lazy and offers little in terms of conversation or perspective.

knicks1248
4/1/2019  3:14 PM
If the New York Knicks have a superteam for next season, is David Fizdale the right head coach for this?
Let’s assume the New York Knicks’ dreams do indeed come true and they’re able to land a Zion, Kyrie, Durant combo. Is David Fizdale the right coach to lead this championship contending team?

The pros:
Fizdale has always been a well respected “players coach”, dating back to his time as an assistant coach during the LeBron James-Miami Heat days. His experience coaching the ‘Big 3’ in Miami is definitely an advantage as he is no stranger to coaching huge personalities with tremendous expectations.

Also on Fizdale’s resume should include the tremendous job he’s done in grooming the raw 2nd round pick Mitchell Robinson into a potential force in the paint. To begin the season Robinson looked lost at times and was consistently in foul trouble which kept him off the court, something he has significantly improved as the season has progressed. Not only has Fizdale straightened out his foul woes, it now appears that Mitchell Robinson has a significantly better grasp of the game of basketball in comparison to the beginning of his rookie season.

Fizdale also made it a mission this season to restore the confidence of Emmanuel Mudiay, who has quietly made tremendous leaps this year and could serve as a viable backup point guard behind either Kyrie Irving or Kemba Walker.

In addition to his experience coaching superstars and his successful development of young players, it’s widely believed around the league that players want to play for him, which can be an instrumental factor in luring big-name free agents. But what about once the super-team is actually formed?

The cons:
His experience coaching top talent in Memphis didn’t exactly go well, demonstrated by his public beef with Marc Gasol. But it’s tough to say who was really to blame in that situation. David Fizdale compares very similarly to Mark Jackson. Both viewed more as “Ra-Ra” guys than “Xs and O’s” type coaches, like a Brad Stevens for example.

Although Jackson helped form and develop the young Golden State Warriors, you can clearly see the offensive difference under coach Steve Kerr.

If Kevin Durant actually chooses New York then it’s imperative that Fizdale is capable of drawing up an offense that moves that ball. Keep in mind, Durant chose to leave a talented Thunder team that played mostly isolation offense in exchange for the Golden State Warriors who play beautiful, almost artistic offense that is centered around ball movement. Durant will almost certainly prefer an offense that mirrors the style of the Warriors as he shifts towards the tail end of his career.

3 key points

Robison got better on jordan arrive and fiz as admitted that

Mudiay is playing more minutes, taking more shots, and has the green light

Remember the Heat played more ISO ball than any team in the league, but when you have a facilitator with a very High IQ in LBJ, you can afford to do that.

ES
Kemet
Member: #6148

4/1/2019  7:00 PM
From day one of training-camp to the regular season games Fizdale's coaching never implemented chemistry nor team-ball amongst the Knick players. The Fizdale's Knicks started the pre-season games having a isolation-offense system and a poor zone defense system. The switching of different player line-ups and rotations started in the preseason games. Fire Fizdale at end of season !!!
Is FIZ the answer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy