[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It was not Rainman who foretold of this........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/1/2019  5:44 AM
Coach Phil Jax wanted KP gone!!! THis before he got hurt. Since fans love to lament on what could have been we have to consider there was something Toxic about the realtionship and it was thought Phil was the cause. Jax was run out of town for wanting to trade him. I said before that Phil was thinking like a coach not an exec and what was best for the organization. Phil the exec was not handling it right. Or was he?

I don’t pretend to know what was the truth. Given the Knicks history its hard to gather what it is. The team has never been shy about spending or being loyal to his stars. We were generous to keep Melo? Bring in Amare? Gave Marbles the key to the city after he burned up in PHX and Brooklyn? Our dysfunction is the pursuit of the star.
KP carries himself elite and projects himself a superstar. Perry and MIlls if they were not paying him to both have more cap space and doing their diligence to see the effects of his injury is not a terrible thing to do on a property worth 150millin and then again a few years later? What do you value a star at? 300million piece of property? He is anemic and has not shown durability To stay on the floor and lets assume he is put off by not having the money. Last season he was wearing out before he got hurt. This was a difficult situation before he got hurt.

KP has done a good job promoting himself and set out to make a documentary of his rehab. We saw this Latvian blond god tease us with his work ethic and how proclamations he’d rise up even further. Always a need to build this image and at the same time not embrace NYC as his place to do his rehab. After he did not face Phil he was out bike riding and loved the ability to tease us how he loved being in NY. My sense was the Knicks MIGHT have never been able to do enough for this kid. We outed Melo and gave him the keys. It was not enough. We got the most sought after young coach to grow with him. It was not enough. In the Videos he never dissed the knicks but at the same time was able to keep an uncomfortable distance. We moved to have cap space and build around him in NYC. IT was not enough. Maybe Dallas can do it for him. He has his “Friend” there and a mentor for in Dirk who I suspect will have a presence with the team. Cube will pay him and. Give him the keys.

We did this and there was always an uneasy thing about him in NY. I thought knicks were not a toxic dysfunction mess anymore. Hardaway contract was hardly a franchise killer. New FO and coach’s did not carry the years of problems. KP could not be Rainman blind to think the history of the team is a genetic disorder that continues organically when we cleaned house. Mills cleaned house. He promoted youth and development. KP saw himself above it? Not want to share the spotlight with another star? If so then we did not have a shot at Durant.
I Wanted to believe in Unicorns....Maybe so did Phil. I can’t say he was vindicated but he might have had a point.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/1/2019  5:45 AM
For all his mistakes, Phil was right about needing to get rid of Melo, and right about needing to trade KP.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/1/2019  6:50 AM
Nalod wrote:Coach Phil Jax wanted KP gone!!! THis before he got hurt. Since fans love to lament on what could have been we have to consider there was something Toxic about the realtionship and it was thought Phil was the cause. Jax was run out of town for wanting to trade him. I said before that Phil was thinking like a coach not an exec and what was best for the organization. Phil the exec was not handling it right. Or was he?

I don’t pretend to know what was the truth. Given the Knicks history its hard to gather what it is. The team has never been shy about spending or being loyal to his stars. We were generous to keep Melo? Bring in Amare? Gave Marbles the key to the city after he burned up in PHX and Brooklyn? Our dysfunction is the pursuit of the star.
KP carries himself elite and projects himself a superstar. Perry and MIlls if they were not paying him to both have more cap space and doing their diligence to see the effects of his injury is not a terrible thing to do on a property worth 150millin and then again a few years later? What do you value a star at? 300million piece of property? He is anemic and has not shown durability To stay on the floor and lets assume he is put off by not having the money. Last season he was wearing out before he got hurt. This was a difficult situation before he got hurt.

KP has done a good job promoting himself and set out to make a documentary of his rehab. We saw this Latvian blond god tease us with his work ethic and how proclamations he’d rise up even further. Always a need to build this image and at the same time not embrace NYC as his place to do his rehab. After he did not face Phil he was out bike riding and loved the ability to tease us how he loved being in NY. My sense was the Knicks MIGHT have never been able to do enough for this kid. We outed Melo and gave him the keys. It was not enough. We got the most sought after young coach to grow with him. It was not enough. In the Videos he never dissed the knicks but at the same time was able to keep an uncomfortable distance. We moved to have cap space and build around him in NYC. IT was not enough. Maybe Dallas can do it for him. He has his “Friend” there and a mentor for in Dirk who I suspect will have a presence with the team. Cube will pay him and. Give him the keys.

We did this and there was always an uneasy thing about him in NY. I thought knicks were not a toxic dysfunction mess anymore. Hardaway contract was hardly a franchise killer. New FO and coach’s did not carry the years of problems. KP could not be Rainman blind to think the history of the team is a genetic disorder that continues organically when we cleaned house. Mills cleaned house. He promoted youth and development. KP saw himself above it? Not want to share the spotlight with another star? If so then we did not have a shot at Durant.
I Wanted to believe in Unicorns....Maybe so did Phil. I can’t say he was vindicated but he might have had a point.

This post is on the money...

Thing about is that KP let the lights get to his head....he is a talent ...remembering that last Oct/Nov that run we had with him was unbelievable...I think a lot got to his head....I cannot remember any guy on a rookie deal pull a Lebron and start demanding things....Going back to that mini run last Nov I agree he looked tired and could not sustain it....Has he ever played more than 60 games since coming into the league?

I think Mills/Perry were concerned about handing this young man 150 mill without protections on that contract...because another issue with his lower extremities and that contract would become untradeable...

I believe he will do well in Dallas...Cuban is a smoozer....Luka is the perfect set up guy...and when they start winning this deal will be looked at from the knicks perspective like we were idiots..particularly if we strike out this summer..but I do not think so....deals are not done and looked back over a couple of months...some are evaluated over years....like the BOS BRK deal....that deal essentially gave BOS new life....without it....no Tatum, Kylie, Briwn, Rozier, no meeting with Durant...no Horford....

No saying we have the same deal....but one thing I have seen is that Perry is patient. Initially I thought this deal was knee jerk but good FO read the tea leaves and have contingency plans...I think they plan crashing this year and KP and brother would balk even though they probably told them that was the plan...it is not easy to watch the losing but guess what...Embiid did it...Simmons did it...Kyrie...etc...all did it....KP ultimately could not differentiate the losing on the floor this year than in years past..which imo was better....we have been at least in 70-80% of games...we just have young horses...

I believe the FO knows something...we will see...I do not believe this the same old knicks....they took an untenable situation and took the best deal on the board quickly as opposed to an auction a week or so before the deadline...which when the whole story dribbled out his the more the league knows we have to make a move and the offers would get worse...

I do not know what the plan is but plans are not set in stone...good FO realize this and move on the fly....let’s just see where this takes us

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/1/2019  7:21 AM
can we blame Melo for corrupting him? Dallas will be a great place for him to try to get his head on straight.
Nalod
USA
2/1/2019  7:41 AM
The blame game. If melo “corrupted him” then he was open to it.
Janis is not to blame, right or wrong he represents him.
ekstarks94

2/1/2019  7:42 AM

GTFOH.....MONEY

ekstarks94

2/1/2019  7:43 AM
Nalod wrote:The blame game. If melo “corrupted him” then he was open to it.
Janis is not to blame, right or wrong he represents him.

I think Melo to some degree had a direct and indirect influence....but ultimately it is his decisions

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/1/2019  7:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:For all his mistakes, Phil was right about needing to get rid of Melo, and right about needing to trade KP.

He's the one who gave Melo a max deal and a no-trade clause!

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/1/2019  7:59 AM
Cue meloshouldstillbegoing genius rant with how he hated KP's one dimensional game anyway.

Blame Melo. LMFAO.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/1/2019  10:29 AM
I keep telling you guys, whenever your losing expect major changes and current plan goes out the window.

I think we will end up with an Amare level player and some decent role players..

but if this FO land 2 big fish, I'll eat my shoes

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/1/2019  10:39 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I keep telling you guys, whenever your losing expect major changes and current plan goes out the window.

I think we will end up with an Amare level player and some decent role players..

but if this FO land 2 big fish, I'll eat my shoes

We will hold you to that
Nalod
USA
2/1/2019  10:47 AM
jax giving melo his deal has no bearing on what transpired with KP and him.
Melo got in KP's head? We have no proof of this do we?
If he did, KP let him. Same for Janis. Janis is one and the same as KP. He represents him.
Front office do anything with KP that makes them culpable? KP not happy after his rookie year not a reason to skip exit meeting.
We axed Jax. KP wins. Gives us great 25 games, then he wears out. Fatiqued, blows his ACL. Kid has low level Anemia and at 7'3 moves like no other, but also comes with health concern.
What did knicks do here that warrants fans to go crazy? "Mills signed Hardaway".........19 pts per game and paid like an avg. SG. Big woo!!!
He will do very well in back court with Doncic.
Back on task, Melo is no where in this conversation. KP being a diva is not on him.
Jax to blame for Melo? That is a different conversation. Melo saying he was all about sacrificing his game as part of the allure to resign him? That's on him.

If KP returns, gets hurt again he is screwed. If he signs a long extension Knicks or dallas is screwed.
Maybe he plans on being a free agent and using NBA as leverage to get a good deal in Europe where he can make big money on and off the court, play less games and perhaps not break as much, and be the biggest star in Europe!!!
Im just throwing it out there as a concept but who knows.
Dallas made a good offer with a lot of uncertainties. Did we know last year when Phil wanted to trade him that was his peak? Do we know the future?
Only in hindsight. Blame is over rated.

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/1/2019  10:56 AM
Melo and KP two totally different situations

Melo didn't want to change his game, and never liked sharing the spot light, to the point where he couldn't even pass to a wide open KP under the hoop

KP just wanted to win. There was no "me" in his decision, no "my supporting cast," "no money". He wanted to win and saw a dysfunctional franchise going from bad to worse

We had a very insecure FO that was too obnoxious to admit he was right, or too insecure to show him he was wrong by nailing it in the upcoming draft and developing players to show him he should stay

There is no 30 year old FA (hello KD) who wants to now come and play with a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds including Zion. Age and experience gap is too big

this is a complete **** show and anyone who focuses on KP is missing the mark -- this is Mills and Perry at fault and in truly epic proportions

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
2/2/2019  9:02 AM
Chandler wrote:Melo and KP two totally different situations

Melo didn't want to change his game, and never liked sharing the spot light, to the point where he couldn't even pass to a wide open KP under the hoop

KP just wanted to win. There was no "me" in his decision, no "my supporting cast," "no money". He wanted to win and saw a dysfunctional franchise going from bad to worse

We had a very insecure FO that was too obnoxious to admit he was right, or too insecure to show him he was wrong by nailing it in the upcoming draft and developing players to show him he should stay

There is no 30 year old FA (hello KD) who wants to now come and play with a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds including Zion. Age and experience gap is too big

this is a complete **** show and anyone who focuses on KP is missing the mark -- this is Mills and Perry at fault and in truly epic proportions

YOu seem to know or project KP thoughts on matters.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/2/2019  2:38 PM
jrodmc wrote:Cue meloshouldstillbegoing genius rant with how he hated KP's one dimensional game anyway.

Blame Melo. LMFAO.

I do blame Melo, EINSTEIN. Along with clueless fans and NY sports media and their clickbait bull**** - they destroyed KP and made him into a diva.

KP was never one dimensional, he played on both sides, but didn't rebound well. I wanted KP to succeed AS A KNICK, but just like MElo he decided he was important than the team. Entitled bitches like that are dead to me. Unlike you - I root for the name in the FRONT of the jersey.

So I can only say the same thing I said about MELO being traded

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/2/2019  2:44 PM

KP is as much at fault as Mills and Perry. I don't know how you can see what's happening and say there was no "me" in his decision? What on earth has he done to deserve or demand anything from anyone? It takes blood and guts to be a real star - See what Dirk has done for Dallas , carried teh franchise on his back for 20 years. No KP wanted to take a shortcut to success without even trying to help - how is this on Mills and Perry?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/2/2019  3:01 PM

zion just said if the Knicks win the lottery he would love to play with KD and Kyrie.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
It was not Rainman who foretold of this........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy