[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The draft picks in trade
Author Thread
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
2/1/2019  12:50 AM
They say it's 2021 unprotected (1st yr high schoolers can enter again) and 2023 top 10 protected. I would love if one of the picks would be a top 5 pick this year if Mavs keep their pick and don't convey it to ATL. We just took 3 starters from Mavs so they are in tank mode now and with new odds there is a decent chance they could drop and land a top 5 pick. Knicks should have done everything they can to give themselves that option. I expect with a healthy kp and doncic and a few others the mavs could be a top 4 team in west and pick will be late 1st ed.
Kenny SkyWalker
AUTOADVERT
homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/1/2019  1:11 AM
SkyWalker wrote:They say it's 2021 unprotected (1st yr high schoolers can enter again) and 2023 top 10 protected. I would love if one of the picks would be a top 5 pick this year if Mavs keep their pick and don't convey it to ATL. We just took 3 starters from Mavs so they are in tank mode now and with new odds there is a decent chance they could drop and land a top 5 pick. Knicks should have done everything they can to give themselves that option. I expect with a healthy kp and doncic and a few others the mavs could be a top 4 team in west and pick will be late 1st ed.

Yup, that part is such a bust. People are acting like those picks are great assets and they're really not. And they might even be delayed even further. We didn't get a great pick or a young centerpiece player. We traded a young star with superstar potential to free up cap space.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/1/2019  5:10 AM
KP goes down again he becomes Eddy but for us.
I hate to think his misfortune could benefit us.
If the Unicorn is a diva players would not want to come play with him.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/1/2019  5:43 AM
Nalod wrote:KP goes down again he becomes Eddy but for us.

What other player on a rookie deal has ever pulled this ****? None. This is bad for the NBA. These kids now are unrealistic. You get drafted high and expect to go to a top team. I mean what the f is wrong with him. The guy was angling for a trade in his 2nd season. He will never stay healthy, I'm glad he is gone. Just wish we got more for him.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/1/2019  7:51 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

What other player on a rookie deal has ever pulled this ****? None. This is bad for the NBA. These kids now are unrealistic. You get drafted high and expect to go to a top team. I mean what the f is wrong with him. The guy was angling for a trade in his 2nd season. He will never stay healthy, I'm glad he is gone. Just wish we got more for him.

Dennis Smith Jr, the guy we just traded for, literally asked to be traded like a week ago.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

2/1/2019  8:23 AM
VCoug wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Dennis Smith Jr, the guy we just traded for, literally asked to be traded like a week ago.

yep, how can anyone blame KP for not trusting the Knicks plans? We Knick fans know how inept this organization has been for a long time. Why would a player trust them to be able to build a winner? KP dealt with more BS in his first 2 years than some players deal with in 10 years. I'm still a Knick fan over players but it's nearly impossible to trust this teams plans, they have NEVER been successful.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/1/2019  8:25 AM
I really hope we somehow get Kawhi, his work ethic and humility...the quietness with which he goes about his work and stays off social media...thats something the youngins on our team could learn from.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/1/2019  8:37 AM
If the Mavs get a top 5 pick in 2019 draft they get to keep it.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/1/2019  10:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2019  10:07 AM
TLover wrote:If the Mavs get a top 5 pick in 2019 draft they get to keep it.

Dallas is currently at #11 from the bottom. Their draft odds of sliding into top 4 which is ping pong based... a total of 9%...I doubt that Mavs get in there.
And a slide from #11 to #5...higly improbable.

Without a miracle...Hawks are getting their pick this draft. Also if Porzingis plays this season, even more probable, those odds I mentioned above go down even further.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/1/2019  10:20 AM
It seems like some are upset that we arent getting a 2019 pick which honestly isnt a deep draft class unless you are at the very top. Obviously 2021 and 2023 are unknowns at this point they may end up more valuable in the longrun especially if KP leaves Dallas
SkyWalker
Member: #814
2/1/2019  10:59 AM
I don't understand why the Knicks couldn't get the 2019 Dallas Pick if it's between 1-5??? There is a 3 game difference between 6th and 11th right now. We just took off 3 starters from Mavs. They play in the West Conference and will surely be losing a lot more games. My thinking is that Cuban didn't want to give up a potential top 5 pick this year and as a result of this trade they are now definitely tanking so that they can keep their pick this year and not convey it to ATL. With the new odds this year it's a greater chance this year for a team in the 6-10 range to jump up into the top 5. I bet the knicks wanted the rights to this and maybe got a 2nd first round pick from Dallas in order to let Dallas keep a potential top 5 pick this year.
Kenny SkyWalker
StarksEwing1

2/1/2019  11:04 AM
SkyWalker wrote:I don't understand why the Knicks couldn't get the 2019 Dallas Pick if it's between 1-5??? There is a 3 game difference between 6th and 11th right now. We just took off 3 starters from Mavs. They play in the West Conference and will surely be losing a lot more games. My thinking is that Cuban didn't want to give up a potential top 5 pick this year and as a result of this trade they are now definitely tanking so that they can keep their pick this year and not convey it to ATL. With the new odds this year it's a greater chance this year for a team in the 6-10 range to jump up into the top 5. I bet the knicks wanted the rights to this and maybe got a 2nd first round pick from Dallas in order to let Dallas keep a potential top 5 pick this year.
I don’t think they can lift the protection from a previous deal. Either way it wasn’t happening for a injured player who may only be there 1 year
MS
Member: #724
2/1/2019  11:08 AM
I don't think you can ever say that picks aren't valuable after getting Robinson and Trier this year. There is talent late in the draft, Kyle Kuzma was one of the better finds last season.

If we want to move Lance Thomas in the offseason to open up an additional $7.5MM in cap space or potentially do a sign and trade with Frank ($4.5MM), a pick, Lance Thomas for someone like Kemba Walker and try to get two max players to take a slight discount, crazier things have happened.

If you played for this team would you trust them? KP was more than warranted.

StarksEwing1

2/1/2019  11:22 AM
MS wrote:I don't think you can ever say that picks aren't valuable after getting Robinson and Trier this year. There is talent late in the draft, Kyle Kuzma was one of the better finds last season.

If we want to move Lance Thomas in the offseason to open up an additional $7.5MM in cap space or potentially do a sign and trade with Frank ($4.5MM), a pick, Lance Thomas for someone like Kemba Walker and try to get two max players to take a slight discount, crazier things have happened.

If you played for this team would you trust them? KP was more than warranted.

Thomas is only guaranteed 1 million
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
2/1/2019  11:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2019  11:30 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
SkyWalker wrote:I don't understand why the Knicks couldn't get the 2019 Dallas Pick if it's between 1-5??? There is a 3 game difference between 6th and 11th right now. We just took off 3 starters from Mavs. They play in the West Conference and will surely be losing a lot more games. My thinking is that Cuban didn't want to give up a potential top 5 pick this year and as a result of this trade they are now definitely tanking so that they can keep their pick this year and not convey it to ATL. With the new odds this year it's a greater chance this year for a team in the 6-10 range to jump up into the top 5. I bet the knicks wanted the rights to this and maybe got a 2nd first round pick from Dallas in order to let Dallas keep a potential top 5 pick this year.
I don’t think they can lift the protection from a previous deal. Either way it wasn’t happening for a injured player who may only be there 1 year

This is the reason. If Dallas' first is top 5 & does not convey to ATL this year, they will owe their 2020 pick. So they can't trade it, as they would then be unable to trade 2020 pick due to the rule against trading picks in consecutive years.

I hate this trade, but the Knicks getting Dallas' pick if it falls in the top 5 would not have been an option, at least as far as I understand it.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/1/2019  11:56 AM
Your basic Melo haters and Phil apologists are the ones now touting this Unicorn shedding for our newest Frankie replacement (how long with Dennis Smith here is Frankie going to be on the roster?), a downside of his career DJ, Matthews and two fuzzy dream picks as the greatest move since trading for Debusschere. Interesting.

We traded KD's unicorn for essentially starting flotsam on another **** team. Oh wait, we're supposed to be attractive to KD now because we have... yoots! And some kids that are in middle school right now!

Mills: KD, how's things going?
KD: WTF you doin Stevie?
Mills: It was ahhhh... Janis... yeah he was badmouthing the team and our direction...
KD: Your direction is the bottom right now...
Mills: Yeah, yeah, but we got... picks! Lot's of em! And we got MitchRob! Seen that kid? He's almost as good a prospect as Knox!
KD: Gleaguers, and your coach is an ahole...
Mills: Max cash man! We got bundles now!
KD: <Click>

The draft picks in trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy