[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What if Porzingis...
Author Thread
nyk2017
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7538

1/31/2019  9:45 PM
... comes back and is a step slower. What if he loses some athleticism from before the injury. All I hear everyone talk about is how we gave up a superstar for nothing, but ignoring the fact that this guy is coming of major knee surgery. No one knows how a 7 foot 3inch thin player will respond to major knee surgery. His center of gravity is very high and is at risk for repeat injury. There are very reports of how his rehab is going. I have not seen many videos of him being explosive in practice or otherwise. I also remember that he had 30 great games and then started to fade even before his ACL tear. It’s not like we traded AD for nothing. This is not even considering the fact that he asked for a trade and did not want to be here. If we waited for him to reject a long term deal this summer and sign a qualifying offer rather than test restricted free agency, we would have been completely screwed. No leverage at that point for a fair trade. Not to mention that KP acts like a diva. He has not been established enough in his career to be making these kinds of trade demands. Heck even Towns did not ask for trade and he is better than KP.

Now he may comeback and become a top 5 NBA player and lead Dallas to NBA championship but there are just as many IF’s with KP as there with the knicks after this trade. Remember we got essentially 3 FRPs and 2 max slots for this offseason. Not too bad IMHO.

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/31/2019  9:51 PM
KP has all the potential in the world but although he has been good he hasnt set the NBA on fire yet THEN he tears his ACL which is always a red flag. He hasnt played in a long time, his frame makes another injury very likely,and he has some very bad management around him. Became too much of a risk on and off the court. Obviously him not thanking the fans and telling other players not to come here is another reason he needed to go. I used to be a big fan and defended him but im glad its over to be honest. Maybe he proves me wrong and has a healthy career and becomes a top 3 player but like you said a lot of IF's
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/31/2019  9:56 PM
nyk2017 wrote:... comes back and is a step slower. What if he loses some athleticism from before the injury. All I hear everyone talk about is how we gave up a superstar for nothing, but ignoring the fact that this guy is coming of major knee surgery. No one knows how a 7 foot 3inch thin player will respond to major knee surgery. His center of gravity is very high and is at risk for repeat injury. There are very reports of how his rehab is going. I have not seen many videos of him being explosive in practice or otherwise. I also remember that he had 30 great games and then started to fade even before his ACL tear. It’s not like we traded AD for nothing. This is not even considering the fact that he asked for a trade and did not want to be here. If we waited for him to reject a long term deal this summer and sign a qualifying offer rather than test restricted free agency, we would have been completely screwed. No leverage at that point for a fair trade. Not to mention that KP acts like a diva. He has not been established enough in his career to be making these kinds of trade demands. Heck even Towns did not ask for trade and he is better than KP.

Now he may comeback and become a top 5 NBA player and lead Dallas to NBA championship but there are just as many IF’s with KP as there with the knicks after this trade. Remember we got essentially 3 FRPs and 2 max slots for this offseason. Not too bad IMHO.

It's 2019 and he's 23 years old. Medical procedures improve they don't regress. Pretty good chance he comes back 100%.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/31/2019  9:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2019  10:00 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:KP has all the potential in the world but although he has been good he hasnt set the NBA on fire yet THEN he tears his ACL which is always a red flag. He hasnt played in a long time, his frame makes another injury very likely,and he has some very bad management around him. Became too much of a risk on and off the court. Obviously him not thanking the fans and telling other players not to come here is another reason he needed to go. I used to be a big fan and defended him but im glad its over to be honest. Maybe he proves me wrong and has a healthy career and becomes a top 3 player but like you said a lot of IF's

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0

10/17/2018 9:17 AM
Look we all want the knicks to win. But lets be realistic we are a young team who will be without our best player for most if not all the year. KP isnt going anywhere no matter how many games we win. Free agents understand the situation but they also understand the knicks are compiling a lot of good young talent that makes us more attractive than previous year. Also getting another top pick is another great thing.

one day you will listen to me, this way you wouldn't sound so clueless

ES
StarksEwing1

1/31/2019  10:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:KP has all the potential in the world but although he has been good he hasnt set the NBA on fire yet THEN he tears his ACL which is always a red flag. He hasnt played in a long time, his frame makes another injury very likely,and he has some very bad management around him. Became too much of a risk on and off the court. Obviously him not thanking the fans and telling other players not to come here is another reason he needed to go. I used to be a big fan and defended him but im glad its over to be honest. Maybe he proves me wrong and has a healthy career and becomes a top 3 player but like you said a lot of IF's

StarksEwing1

Look we all want the knicks to win. But lets be realistic we are a young team who will be without our best player for most if not all the year. KP isnt going anywhere no matter how many games we win. Free agents understand the situation but they also understand the knicks are compiling a lot of good young talent that makes us more attractive than previous year. Also getting another top pick is another great thing.

Wow Rainman good for. True I underestimated what a Jackass KP turned out to be so now I know. You finally got something right after 15 years....lets get you a medal Rainman
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2019  10:04 PM
Welpee wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:... comes back and is a step slower. What if he loses some athleticism from before the injury. All I hear everyone talk about is how we gave up a superstar for nothing, but ignoring the fact that this guy is coming of major knee surgery. No one knows how a 7 foot 3inch thin player will respond to major knee surgery. His center of gravity is very high and is at risk for repeat injury. There are very reports of how his rehab is going. I have not seen many videos of him being explosive in practice or otherwise. I also remember that he had 30 great games and then started to fade even before his ACL tear. It’s not like we traded AD for nothing. This is not even considering the fact that he asked for a trade and did not want to be here. If we waited for him to reject a long term deal this summer and sign a qualifying offer rather than test restricted free agency, we would have been completely screwed. No leverage at that point for a fair trade. Not to mention that KP acts like a diva. He has not been established enough in his career to be making these kinds of trade demands. Heck even Towns did not ask for trade and he is better than KP.

It's 2019 and he's 23 years old. Medical procedures improve they don't regress. Pretty good chance he comes back 100%.

I don't think that's how it works. Medical procedures improve injuries, which have already made a player regress.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/31/2019  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2019  10:14 PM
Or what if he is a superstar in 2 years?
You can’t say if he were an unrestricted free agent
That teams wouldn’t be lining up to max him out
Because they would be

We don’t really know where he will be at
However the chances of us getting a better player anytime soon are very low

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/31/2019  10:22 PM
It takes a special player to became winner in NY.
KP had a chance but decided that is not worth it.
Every man is a maker of his own destiny.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/31/2019  10:41 PM
Welpee wrote:

exactly...just look at Kawhi

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/31/2019  10:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

StarksEwing1

yes, all will be forgiven and we will finally realize thats we shoulda listened to you more. Everyone will be happier . The children will run through the streets shouting your name in joy. Yeah, ok

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Cartman718

1/31/2019  10:54 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

StarksEwing1

yes, all will be forgiven and we will finally realize thats we shoulda listened to you more. Everyone will be happier . The children will run through the streets shouting your name in joy. Yeah, ok

lol that made me laugh. Rainman doesn't get that a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1

1/31/2019  11:00 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

StarksEwing1

lol that made me laugh. Rainman doesn't get that a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day.

LOL. Rainman spends too much time talking to his Spike Lee cardboard cutout to know what is going on
Cartman718

1/31/2019  11:03 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

StarksEwing1

LOL. Rainman spends too much time talking to his Spike Lee cardboard cutout to know what is going on

StarksEwing1

1/31/2019  11:07 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

StarksEwing1

RAINMAN finally told the truth...he is tight with Spike lol
nyk2017
Member: #7538

2/1/2019  12:25 AM
Welpee wrote:

Just like Gordon Hayword, right.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/1/2019  5:14 AM
Haywood is 50 games back form an injury that used to end careers. It takes time.
Time......
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/1/2019  6:50 AM
nyk2017 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Just like Gordon Hayword, right.

He also isn't 7'3". You guys realize these guys don't last. They will get 1 contract out of him before his game falls off a cliff.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/1/2019  7:38 AM
Go back to KP's rookie year and you will find that I said that this might happen when Phil was here. Even though players like KP usually stick on their rookie deals.

KP could come back 100 percent from this injury. Doesnt mean he wont be susceptible to other injuries. If KP stayed, he would likely be carrying the bulk of the load. Has yet to show that he is physically up to the job. Potential FAs might pass before they see KP play at an elite level for more than a handful of games.Before they commit.

Would have been pleased if KP stayed, but he clearly doesnt want to be here, and doesnt care about draft picks. By the end KP was acting like he had already arrived.

Porzingis is an injury prone player, who has yet to fufill his potential, we are getting 1st rounders, a talented PG who has shown he can ball, but needs to play more in control. As Uptown pointed out, maybe Fizdale can help him with that.

StarksEwing1

2/1/2019  8:07 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Go back to KP's rookie year and you will find that I said that this might happen when Phil was here. Even though players like KP usually stick on their rookie deals.

KP could come back 100 percent from this injury. Doesnt mean he wont be susceptible to other injuries. If KP stayed, he would likely be carrying the bulk of the load. Has yet to show that he is physically up to the job. Potential FAs might pass before they see KP play at an elite level for more than a handful of games.Before they commit.

Would have been pleased if KP stayed, but he clearly doesnt want to be here, and doesnt care about draft picks. By the end KP was acting like he had already arrived.

Porzingis is an injury prone player, who has yet to fufill his potential, we are getting 1st rounders, a talented PG who has shown he can ball, but needs to play more in control. As Uptown pointed out, maybe Fizdale can help him with that.

Exactly how I feel Gustav
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/1/2019  12:32 PM
It will take him a year to get back to where he was, this is just the facts of the ACL injury aftemath. This is ONLY if he does not get hurt again in another part of the body.

At his size, he will likely be injured again sooner rather than later. NY FO made a wise decision here. I am not sying he wont be good again and maybe great but the risk is higher than the reward, IMO.

What if Porzingis...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy