[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can we flip Matthews n Jordan for
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/1/2019  12:05 PM
Remember we have kanter at $18mil too. think we'll end up flipping either his $18mil or Mathews to the Bulls for Parker, to save the bulls $2mil when buying out the contract (Parker is $20mil)
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/1/2019  12:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2019  12:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:
technomaster wrote:I think Matthews and Jordan are serviceable players - particularly if they can get traded to playoff caliber teams. Any decline seen in those players could be seen as drop off from being part of losing situations.

With that, I think the best trade opportunity would be another team's 2015-2018 first round bust still on a rookie deal.

Think along the lines of: Marquese Chriss, Thon Maker, Dragan Bender, Stanley Johnson, Frank the Tank, Tyus Jones.

We could do with adding a young/cheap PF and a SF too- we're pretty thin at those two positions, especially if we don't retain Vonleh

problem is Mathews salary is $18mil and Jordans is $22mil, so it will be hard finding matching salary (without adding to next season's payroll)

Please...the last thing we need right now is for this FO to head another trade scenario.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/1/2019  12:19 PM
technomaster wrote:I think Matthews and Jordan are serviceable players - particularly if they can get traded to playoff caliber teams. Any decline seen in those players could be seen as drop off from being part of losing situations.

With that, I think the best trade opportunity would be another team's 2015-2018 first round bust still on a rookie deal.

Think along the lines of: Marquese Chriss, Thon Maker, Dragan Bender, Stanley Johnson, Frank the Tank, Tyus Jones.

Correct - this makes sense....cheap PF types.
smackeddog
2/1/2019  12:54 PM

Fingers crossed

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/1/2019  1:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Fingers crossed

Yes. Any asset we can get for him would be great.

Knicks_Fan
blkexec
Member: #748
2/1/2019  2:35 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I think that Jordan, Vonleh, Matthews front court is gonna be pretty solid for the remainder of the year.
I hope not. The tank has to be strong

Don't worry...Fitz is leading the tank charge this time, unlike other past coaching trying to secure their coaching status. Fitz has the green light to develop players and systems....That's his goal. It's not to make the playoffs. But I believe that's a real threat. We got some good players in return that will give us more wins than loses, unless we buy them out.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
smackeddog
2/1/2019  4:51 PM
For what it’s worth, Hahn said in his latest article:

Jordan, a two-time first-team All-Defensive selection, could help mentor Mitchell Robinson as a defender and rebounder. Matthews may look for a trade or buyout to land with a playoff team. But in the meantime, the Knicks may be better now than before this trade and that could — all kidding aside — impact their chances to land the No. 1 pick.

https://www.msgnetworks.com/2019/02/01/as-porzingis-chapter-ends-knicks-take-hope-in-new-direction/

So it looks like we’ll keep DeAndre for the rest of the season to mentor Mitch, but will either trade or buyout Mathews.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2019  5:16 PM
Begley reporter at least one team has contacted the Knicks about Matthews.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/1/2019  6:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Begley reporter at least one team has contacted the Knicks about Matthews.

My guess, Sacramento Kings. Matthews would make more sense than Kanter.

Randolph and Koufous for 2 2nd rounders.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/1/2019  11:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Begley reporter at least one team has contacted the Knicks about Matthews.

My guess, Sacramento Kings. Matthews would make more sense than Kanter.

Randolph and Koufous for 2 2nd rounders.

Philly and Houston would also make sense. Philly desperately needs shooting around Embiid, Simmons, and Butler. Houston just desperately needs healthy bodies. Don't know if either has expiring contracts to make it work.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
MS
Member: #724
2/2/2019  9:11 AM
It has to be the Kings they are the only team that has a real need for a veteran and have expirings in Zach and Shumpert. Would definitely take a second round pick.

He would actually be a nice fit with the Lakers as well.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/2/2019  9:39 AM
Kings have Giles and Bagley and still Cayley Stein.
Let Jordan walk. He is a free agent in 30 games. He can’t hit a foul shot and is a playoff liability.
I like Matthews and his “King Fu fighting” look. Off the bench Mario kind of money.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/2/2019  10:09 AM
dwiley20 wrote:A First rounder

Yes, if we take back longer worse contracts

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

2/2/2019  10:13 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I think that Jordan, Vonleh, Matthews front court is gonna be pretty solid for the remainder of the year.

to solid, its going to kill the tank. Dendre Jordan and Matthews are the best players on the team. Why I want to buyout Jordan and Matthews if we get 2 max free agents and convince him to take smallers deals they would be a hugely valuable pieces.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

2/2/2019  10:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2019  10:19 AM
Nalod wrote:Kings have Giles and Bagley and still Cayley Stein.
Let Jordan walk. He is a free agent in 30 games. He can’t hit a foul shot and is a playoff liability.
I like Matthews and his “King Fu fighting” look. Off the bench Mario kind of money.

Jordans foul shooting has improved tremendously this year. He is near 70%.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/2/2019  10:43 AM
You
HofstraBBall wrote:If there was another NBA organization with the likes of Dolan at the helm, that would be a strong yes. Watching Mavs games this year I can tell you that they are both real bad. No one will want them on a playoff squad. Oh yeah but some will say the they with help the tank. But the tank seems like a ten year plan at this point. Cant believe I fell for the idiots that justified the tank so that we can finally get lucky with KP but only to trade him a few years later. Everyone keeps forgetting tanks only work when you have an organization that know how to use draft picks, can develop them and create a situation where they want to stay. Its like stupidity groundhog day around here. Everyone thinks things will change. Now were also back to the Lebron is coming to NY bull**** everyone did when LBJ was leaving the Cavs and Miami and Cavs. NO ONE wants to come here. No KD, no Irving no Leonard. Go Knicks!

This is the new NBA plans will rarely work out the way you want them to. Players control their own destiny now. They say where the want to go and steer themselves there. Teams are at the mercy of the players. KP wanted out or the rebuild would go as planned. By the way NYK is not a destination of choice for FAs. So they have no choice but hope a draft pick has the charisma to attract FAs. It seems like the NYK money is no good for top tier players. They need a charismatic friend to convince them it’s just as good. Let’s hope this years top draft pick has that charisma if he doesn’t then he will want out just as KP did.

smackeddog
2/2/2019  12:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2019  12:37 PM
Certainly seems like we plan on keeping DeAndre Jordan for the season- Fiz comments, Bagley's tweet mentioning Wes Mathews up for trade but not Jordan, and now this from Dotson:

Doesn't have a tweet for Wes

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/2/2019  1:44 PM
smackeddog wrote:Certainly seems like we plan on keeping DeAndre Jordan for the season- Fiz comments, Bagley's tweet mentioning Wes Mathews up for trade but not Jordan, and now this from Dotson:

Doesn't have a tweet for Wes

Do you think Dotson has some insight into what the front office is planning on? Also, obviously the front office is going to say we're planning on keeping this guys. If the front office says that we were planning on waiving after the deadline then no teams are going to try to trade for them.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
ankurk
Member: #6075

2/2/2019  4:25 PM
wilson chandler out for a few weeks
wes to phi? wes to indiana? whats the likely move?

Deandre to the kings?
sitting right on the outside of the playoffs looking in with no first rounder this year (send to boston)
Deandre for zbo + koufos + future protected pick?

smackeddog
2/2/2019  4:44 PM
ankurk wrote:wilson chandler out for a few weeks
wes to phi? wes to indiana? whats the likely move?

Deandre to the kings?
sitting right on the outside of the playoffs looking in with no first rounder this year (send to boston)
Deandre for zbo + koufos + future protected pick?

I think sixers will be focused on dealing for Mirotic, And I don’t think the pelicans will move him until the AD situation is resolved. So once all that’s sorted out, then I think the sixers will focus on adding a shooter, so we’ll have to wait a few days.

Can we flip Matthews n Jordan for

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy