[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Cleaning the balance sheet
Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/31/2019  6:33 PM
If Dolan want to sell the team this move seems logical.
Someone can start from scratch...
They did similar thing with Rangers.
Does not looks like accident to me.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2019  6:34 PM
Interesting
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
homeskillitprigioni
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4507

1/31/2019  7:01 PM
arkrud wrote:If Dolan want to sell the team this move seems logical.

I might be the most negative on the board about this trade...and I don't think this has any shot of actually happening...but really that's the only way it would all be worth it and more, if it meant Dolan was gone.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/1/2019  12:13 AM
But minutes after his seemingly heartfelt goodbye, he posted a cryptic Instagram story that read simply: “The truth will come out :)”

https://nypost.com/2019/01/31/kristaps-porzingis-fans-flames-of-knicks-trade-conspiracy-theory/
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/1/2019  11:22 AM
Franchise would likely have more value with KP from a marketing stance. I think Dolan was probably happy to see KP go though because I don't think KP showed any deference (or even mentioned Dolan) the whole time he was here- we all know how petty Dolan can be with that sort of thing.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/1/2019  11:57 AM
smackeddog wrote:Franchise would likely have more value with KP from a marketing stance. I think Dolan was probably happy to see KP go though because I don't think KP showed any deference (or even mentioned Dolan) the whole time he was here- we all know how petty Dolan can be with that sort of thing.

with KP the Knicks didn't yet have enough cap space for a 10 year vet max, and they would still have to slog through Lee/THJr contracts while maybe barely making playoffs IF they could secure Durant.

New owner would probably value a shot at 2 max players more from a marketing standpoint going forward.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/1/2019  12:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2019  2:50 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Franchise would likely have more value with KP from a marketing stance. I think Dolan was probably happy to see KP go though because I don't think KP showed any deference (or even mentioned Dolan) the whole time he was here- we all know how petty Dolan can be with that sort of thing.

with KP the Knicks didn't yet have enough cap space for a 10 year vet max, and they would still have to slog through Lee/THJr contracts while maybe barely making playoffs IF they could secure Durant.

New owner would probably value a shot at 2 max players more from a marketing standpoint going forward.

Question: Why would two max players come here when they can go to teams that are better set up for winning? As we have seen, winning is the number ONE variable for these superstars. But okay, lets say KD and Irving got hit on the head and the truth about this organization/Dolan was magically erased from their memory. What players will they be looking at as a supporting roster? Frank, Smith Jr, Trier, Knox and a rookie? Do you really think they want to be on a team where those are the players responsible for their success? IMO, KP was the only thing that opened the door for either of those guys to want to come here. Now that KP is gone, fans have to concede that there is no chance of KD coming here. Irving will stay in Boston, why wouldn't he? Much better FO supporting cast. Kawhi will be in LA. I actually think the Nets have a better chance of getting two max players. Or even the Clippers are looking to make room to add 2 max as well. Knicks, nah. In case no one is paying attention (Noah and Timmy) the Knicks are not exactly masters in FA. Get ready for Al Horford and Kemba Walker.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/1/2019  12:41 PM
why would 2 max players come to a team full of 19 and 20 years olds? we were rebuilding to be good 4-5 years out. those guys are still going to be green

Kyrie was griping about playing with Brown and Tatum

(5)(5)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/1/2019  12:43 PM
arkrud wrote:If Dolan want to sell the team this move seems logical.

I agree with martin, very interesting...

the thing I will say about the Rangers though is that was way different than this. The Rangers traded away their veterans when it became clear all the long postseason runs took their toll on everyone. They needed to reset and the prudent thing was to get draft picks and prospects. That was the equivalent of the 90s Knicks. Instead of reloading, the Rangers went to rebuild from the ground up.

The Knicks just sucked and their 22 year old star is a spoiled prep school brat. That's the big difference.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/1/2019  8:27 PM
According to Basketball-reference.com the Knicks have the most cap space next year even with Lance Thomas on the books.
However, they also claim that only $1M is guaranteed for 2019-20. Does that mean he can be waived for another $7M in capspace?
That would mean they would have only $28M of salary next year + cap holds. Thoughts?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/1/2019  8:43 PM
Chandler wrote:why would 2 max players come to a team full of 19 and 20 years olds? we were rebuilding to be good 4-5 years out. those guys are still going to be green

Kyrie was griping about playing with Brown and Tatum

More reason to not get Kyrie. Get KD and Kwahi, dump Kanter using Dennis Smith Jr. and you can easily add a decent vet or two. They'll come to play with the two max guys. A reset in this league is a huge deal, this doesn't happen often. I posted this in the trade thread yesterday as well.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2019  9:13 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Question: Why would two max players come here when they can go to teams that are better set up for winning? As we have seen, winning is the number ONE variable for these superstars. But okay, lets say KD and Irving got hit on the head and the truth about this organization/Dolan was magically erased from their memory. What players will they be looking at as a supporting roster? Frank, Smith Jr, Trier, Knox and a rookie? Do you really think they want to be on a team where those are the players responsible for their success? IMO, KP was the only thing that opened the door for either of those guys to want to come here. Now that KP is gone, fans have to concede that there is no chance of KD coming here. Irving will stay in Boston, why wouldn't he? Much better FO supporting cast. Kawhi will be in LA. I actually think the Nets have a better chance of getting two max players. Or even the Clippers are looking to make room to add 2 max as well. Knicks, nah. In case no one is paying attention (Noah and Timmy) the Knicks are not exactly masters in FA. Get ready for Al Horford and Kemba Walker.

What is being said is they can offer a max to one of the K's and tell them that they can choose who they want to play with of the guys left because the money is there. Also, 7 firsts in 5 years and a lot of young players would allow the Knicks to remake the roster pretty quickly if they moved some of the young guys and picks. Have to think the rebuild stops and the championship roster building begins if they can pull off two stars this offseason. NOt saying it is going to happen but that is the theory I have been hearing. Also, speculation that the Knicks can put together a better AD package with the picks they got, their own picks and young players.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cleaning the balance sheet

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy