[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Be ready for longer rebuild.
Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/31/2019  6:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2019  6:28 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to short-circuit it having KP back to 2-3 years instead of 5-6.
This ship is sailed.
No top FA will come here this year.
Unless we see some other supper-friends emerging in Perry pocket.
He does not look so deep to me.
So it will be loooooooooong story before relevance.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
sidsanders
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2426

1/31/2019  6:31 PM
they havent won in well over 40 years. have largely been irrelevant this century. cant say they suck again, it has not changed outside of a few outlier seasons. maybe this is the knicks version of the hinkie process.
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/31/2019  6:31 PM
I dont necessarily agree. Yes Perry needs to work magic but if he can get KD and kyrie who have shown interest in coming here along with our top pick things can change quickly
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/31/2019  6:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2019  6:37 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont necessarily agree. Yes Perry needs to work magic but if he can get KD and kyrie who have shown interest in coming here along with our top pick things can change quickly

Perry is not a magician, he is grinder.
Mills is scared insecure bureaucrat who wants to drag the time to retirement parachute.
And Fiz want all to go his way (Pat school).
So they are all in their element.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/31/2019  7:06 PM
well, yeah. The rebuild will be longer because supposedly now noone will want to come here without KP. We might be able to nab a better rebounding and blocking big man this coming draft. Oh Wait, we already have one in Mitch Rob. So to replace KP we need a big man that can also score. Maybe the draft can solve that. Lets see how the draft unfolds.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/31/2019  7:41 PM
Couldn't mend the relationship with Melo, noah,willy, and now kp.

This FRONT OFFICE thinks they are about to do the one thing that NO PRESIDENT HAS EVER DONE and thats sign not only one max player BUT TWO..

They completely swung for the fences with this trade, KP hasn't don't sht, can't stay healthy, and they weren't feeling him ever since the EXIT meeting..regardless to how they played it on thesurface
erry said in OCTOBER, KP knows where we stand and we know where he stands, and I think we are all cool with that (in so few words)..

What that told me was KP wanted out if the roster turns out to be trash, and the knicks were like, we aren't deviting from our fckng plan regardless....

TODAY what went down was... we are in full tank mode and we dont need you getting on the curt and winning some meaningless fcking games that sinks us to pick 7 in this weak ass draft....

This could be a smart move, if a different FO was in place, but its just to much public player/FO drama..it's too much FOR FA to overlook

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/31/2019  7:52 PM
Knicks have enough cap space, prospects and draft equity now to utilize all phases possible to build a team even if they miss out on the cream of the crop.

Knicks can go in many directions right now.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/31/2019  7:53 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Knicks have enough cap space, prospects and draft equity now to utilize all phases possible to build a team even if they miss out on the cream of the crop.

Knicks can go in many directions right now.

True
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/31/2019  8:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Couldn't mend the relationship with Melo, noah,willy, and now kp.

This FRONT OFFICE thinks they are about to do the one thing that NO PRESIDENT HAS EVER DONE and thats sign not only one max player BUT TWO..

They completely swung for the fences with this trade, KP hasn't don't sht, can't stay healthy, and they weren't feeling him ever since the EXIT meeting..regardless to how they played it on thesurface
erry said in OCTOBER, KP knows where we stand and we know where he stands, and I think we are all cool with that (in so few words)..

What that told me was KP wanted out if the roster turns out to be trash, and the knicks were like, we aren't deviting from our fckng plan regardless....

TODAY what went down was... we are in full tank mode and we dont need you getting on the curt and winning some meaningless fcking games that sinks us to pick 7 in this weak ass draft....

This could be a smart move, if a different FO was in place, but its just to much public player/FO drama..it's too much FOR FA to overlook

They didn’t want to mend the relationship with Melo, Noah or Willy. I don’t think anyone misses those guys. They tried with KP but he wanted out. The Knicks set themselves up nicely with a ton of cap space and picks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

1/31/2019  8:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Couldn't mend the relationship with Melo, noah,willy, and now kp.

Didn't Miami sign TWO MAX contracts in Lebron James and Bosh?

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/31/2019  8:40 PM
The rebuild is much quicker now.

Knox,DSjr, Frank, Trier and Robinson are the core now. I hope they can Vonleh too.

Add a pick and 2 Max FA's and this team is pretty good immediately.

The 2 max FA's are the key of course. What 2 fit the best?

Be ready for longer rebuild.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy