[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP About to go to Dallas
Author Thread
FrenchFreak
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7568

2/5/2019  2:56 PM
I loved KP's upside but his odds of staying healthy always concerned me. And, as long as we're piling on his limitations, I think he's a pretty terrible on-ball defender. He's a good help defender but really needs to be guarding centers rather than 4s. And a lot of 5s are just too big/strong for him. I don't think he'll ever be a great rebounder.
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/5/2019  3:07 PM
FrenchFreak wrote:I loved KP's upside but his odds of staying healthy always concerned me. And, as long as we're piling on his limitations, I think he's a pretty terrible on-ball defender. He's a good help defender but really needs to be guarding centers rather than 4s. And a lot of 5s are just too big/strong for him. I don't think he'll ever be a great rebounder.
Also his rebounding is bad for a guy his height. Like you said when he plays against physical big men it greatly effects him both physically and in performance. Ive mentioned how Jokic absolutely destroys him
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/5/2019  3:12 PM
FrenchFreak wrote:I loved KP's upside but his odds of staying healthy always concerned me. And, as long as we're piling on his limitations, I think he's a pretty terrible on-ball defender. He's a good help defender but really needs to be guarding centers rather than 4s. And a lot of 5s are just too big/strong for him. I don't think he'll ever be a great rebounder.

Believe it was Clyde who said that boxing out is a lost art. Thats what KP needs to learn to do if he wants to grab more boards. Dirk was good (like Barkley) at using his butt to push players off the blocks. KP needs to get thicker if he wants to do that.

KP/Lopez was briefly one of the best defensive front lines in the league, because Lopez could box out as well as almost any big in the league. He almost always took the toughest assignment. If KP wants to be a superstar, he has to become that guy.

Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/5/2019  3:18 PM
lurts wrote:Another Latvian here. I'm glad he put the country on the map, so to speak. I'm a Knick fan since the Bellamy Barnett days, along for the bike through this 45 year wilderness, hoping he'd lead us to the promised land. When I heard about the trade, I shut off media for about four hours. That was to work through the sunk costs of emotional investment. Later that evening, all good. For all his talent, he's not shown that he is a warrior. Bitches gonna bitch.

Mike Drop

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/5/2019  5:37 PM
From KnicksFilmSchool:

Again, there are three ways to build in the NBA: free agency, the draft and trades. Following the Porzingis deal, the Knicks have more cap space than any team in league history, seven first rounders over the next five years – including a likely top-five pick this season – and a bevy of young trade chips to rival any team outside of Boston or LA.

All of this, in a market that keeps coming up again…and again…and again, every time one of these big-name guys becomes available.

This(the bolded) is crazy!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/5/2019  5:47 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:From KnicksFilmSchool:

Again, there are three ways to build in the NBA: free agency, the draft and trades. Following the Porzingis deal, the Knicks have more cap space than any team in league history, seven first rounders over the next five years – including a likely top-five pick this season – and a bevy of young trade chips to rival any team outside of Boston or LA.

All of this, in a market that keeps coming up again…and again…and again, every time one of these big-name guys becomes available.

Wow.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/5/2019  5:50 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Also his rebounding is bad for a guy his height. Like you said when he plays against physical big men it greatly effects him both physically and in performance. Ive mentioned how Jokic absolutely destroys him

if you want rebounds, go get Drummond or Whiteside. That's not and never has been KP's game. KP's rebounds are in line with Dirk's and Durant's. Not a fair criticism given his game.

He's gone; you got what you wanted; no we wait to see if history proves us right, Dallas, or both

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/5/2019  6:18 PM
Chandler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

if you want rebounds, go get Drummond or Whiteside. That's not and never has been KP's game. KP's rebounds are in line with Dirk's and Durant's. Not a fair criticism given his game.

He's gone; you got what you wanted; no we wait to see if history proves us right, Dallas, or both

Hold up... Dirk was averaging almost 9 rebounds by his 3rd year and kept it around there for his career (ish). Durant played more SF in OKC?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/5/2019  6:24 PM
My effing God...how did the board miss this lol

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/5/2019  6:31 PM
U may
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Hold up... Dirk was averaging almost 9 rebounds by his 3rd year and kept it around there for his career (ish). Durant played more SF in OKC?

U may be right about ur 3 but he shows up career as 7/game

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/5/2019  6:58 PM
Chandler wrote:U may
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

U may be right about ur 3 but he shows up career as 7/game

lol that's cause Dirk is like 50 now and has been averaging 5 rebounds for a decade

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/5/2019  7:22 PM

yes that is kinda amazing

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2019  8:33 PM
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/5/2019  8:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2019  10:27 PM
ekstarks94

2/5/2019  10:40 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The petty machine at the AAC is cranked up to 1000
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/5/2019  10:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Knicks_Fan
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

2/6/2019  3:51 AM

A massive amount of open cap space still runs into the question on whether you have the BIRD RIGHTS of the players who comprise your team core.

Many teams will have five first rounders in five years. No one is giving up the farm for Knox, Frank N, Trier and/or MRob. Maybe that changes in time, but not now.

Knicks have slim to none chance at the biggest impact names in FA.

They are better off than compared to two years ago, but it's not the windfall everyone considers it to be.

ekstarks94

2/6/2019  6:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2019  6:22 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

A massive amount of open cap space still runs into the question on whether you have the BIRD RIGHTS of the players who comprise your team core.

Many teams will have five first rounders in five years. No one is giving up the farm for Knox, Frank N, Trier and/or MRob. Maybe that changes in time, but not now.

Knicks have slim to none chance at the biggest impact names in FA.

They are better off than compared to two years ago, but it's not the windfall everyone considers it to be.

That is all true...but it allows you to pursue many different avenues to get better than if you do not have flexibility. However if not used wisely it can be a curse and create problems for years...I believe we all know our Knicks history to believe that

Also with exception of Vonleah we have bird rights to everyone

Gudris
Member: #6213

2/6/2019  8:07 AM
Kp will be coming back to NYC..to the Nets
KP About to go to Dallas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy