[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP About to go to Dallas
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/4/2019  7:21 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:The trade is terrible because you used Porzingis in a salary dump and some middling future picks.

Dennis Smith Jr is irrelevant. He's garbage.

Bill Simmons brought up a good point. A team like the Kings probably would have offered Bagley and a pick + take back Hardaway for expirings, which would have been a way smarter. The fact that you trade this guy and get zero players back with potential is what makes the trade bad. Regardless of how you want to talk about Porzingis, his health, his attitude, his brother, etc, he still was a 23 year old All Star player.

No it isnt terrible. We had a diva who was gonna leave without us getting squat. We checked with 8 other team including NOLA who said no. Dallas gave us the best deal
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/4/2019  7:26 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:The trade is terrible because you used Porzingis in a salary dump and some middling future picks.

Bill Simmons brought up a good point. A team like the Kings probably would have offered Bagley and a pick + take back Hardaway for expirings, which would have been a way smarter. The fact that you trade this guy and get zero players back with potential is what makes the trade bad. Regardless of how you want to talk about Porzingis, his health, his attitude, his brother, etc, he still was a 23 year old All Star player.

So you disregard Dennis Smith Jr. just because. And say we took back zero players with potential?

Very objective

Knicks_Fan
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/4/2019  7:29 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

So you disregard Dennis Smith Jr. just because. And say we took back zero players with potential?

Very objective

Marvin has a few warts and doesn't look like a good fit with Knox. DSJ might, at least, fill a position of need if he stays.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/4/2019  7:30 PM

Nice piece of investigative reporting by Simmons...I see he still has some great inside sources

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/4/2019  7:49 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Chandler wrote:in 2-4 years the basketball universe will be revolving around KP, KAT, Giannis, Joel, Jokic, maybe Tatum. Those will be the "bad men"
Ironically all those guys destroy KP when they face him especially Jokic. Lets see if he can actually last a full season without getting tired or getting hurt before annointing him as a "bad man". It would be nice if he could actually rebound too lol

OMG, you said it . Jokic just takes KP's lunch money. Like its going out of style. And Giannis. No comment there. KAT shows him how a big man should rebound. Joel takes him to school too. Its embarrassing.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/4/2019  7:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2019  7:59 PM

yes yes. The trade it terragbbbl : Barkley voice: Shoulda just let him walk.Who needs draft picks and cap space. Better yet who needs an all star who is about to walk. And then . . . . there is NO and then. You get nothing. zip. nada. squelch.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
StarksEwing1

2/4/2019  8:01 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Chandler wrote:in 2-4 years the basketball universe will be revolving around KP, KAT, Giannis, Joel, Jokic, maybe Tatum. Those will be the "bad men"
Ironically all those guys destroy KP when they face him especially Jokic. Lets see if he can actually last a full season without getting tired or getting hurt before annointing him as a "bad man". It would be nice if he could actually rebound too lol

OMG, you said it . Jokic just takes KP's lunch money. Like its going out of style. And Giannis. No comment there. KAT shows him how a big man should rebound. Joel takes him to school too. Its embarrassing.
Yeah I dont want to be hypocritical. I was a fan of KP but those are concerns I had for a while. I remember when Jokic put up 40 against him he just looked so overmatched
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/4/2019  8:13 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Yeah I dont want to be hypocritical. I was a fan of KP but those are concerns I had for a while. I remember when Jokic put up 40 against him he just looked so overmatched

KP will probably bounce back and be dominant as well, but I doubt it will be in Dallas with ball hogs around.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1

2/4/2019  8:20 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

KP will probably bounce back and be dominant as well, but I doubt it will be in Dallas with ball hogs around.

Who knows. So far KP has only had one really good year and he started slowing down about a month from when he eventually got injured. His frame is gonna make it tough to stay healthy IMO
BigDaddyG

2/4/2019  8:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2019  8:50 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

The Bulls games where Lauri Markonnen out muscled him raised my eyebrows a bit. I know Lauri is talented, but he's a rookie. Someone also mentioned the game where he was physically dominated by Marcus Smart down the stretch.. I can't say I was alarmed, but it made wonder what direction his game was going. He was dubbed the Unicorn because we hoped he would develop into the ultimate center, not 7'3" SF who can't defend. I think Carlisle will try to hammer that point home.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
lurts
Member: #3190

2/4/2019  8:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2019  8:53 PM
Another Latvian here. I'm glad he put the country on the map, so to speak. I'm a Knick fan since the Bellamy Barnett days, along for the bike through this 45 year wilderness, hoping he'd lead us to the promised land. When I heard about the trade, I shut off media for about four hours. That was to work through the sunk costs of emotional investment. Later that evening, all good. For all his talent, he's not shown that he is a warrior. Bitches gonna bitch.
lurts
Member: #3190

2/4/2019  8:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2019  8:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

The Bulls games where Lauri Markonnen out muscled him raised my eyebrows a bit. I know Lauri is talented, but he's a rookie. Someone also mentioned the game where he was physically dominated by Marcus Smart down the stretch.. I can't say I was alarmed, but it made wonder what direction his game was going. He was dubbed the Unicorn because we hoped he would develop into the ultimate center, not 7'3" SF who can't defend. I think Carlisle will try to hammer that point home.

I'm drawing a blank on the player and team, but there was a skinny Chinese rookie center,also 7'3" , at the end of '17 that ate Kristaps' lunch, too
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/4/2019  9:12 PM
lurts wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I'm drawing a blank on the player and team, but there was a skinny Chinese rookie center,also 7'3" , at the end of '17 that ate Kristaps' lunch, too

He was routinely outplayed by opposing big men, many whom had far fewer skills. That doesn't mean it will always be that way but Porzingis is not all that - not at all.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/4/2019  9:18 PM
lurts wrote:Another Latvian here. I'm glad he put the country on the map, so to speak. I'm a Knick fan since the Bellamy Barnett days, along for the bike through this 45 year wilderness, hoping he'd lead us to the promised land. When I heard about the trade, I shut off media for about four hours. That was to work through the sunk costs of emotional investment. Later that evening, all good. For all his talent, he's not shown that he is a warrior. Bitches gonna bitch.

100%

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/4/2019  9:20 PM
fwk00 wrote:
lurts wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

He was routinely outplayed by opposing big men, many whom had far fewer skills. That doesn't mean it will always be that way but Porzingis is not all that - not at all.

The celts put Marcus Smart on him....if that was AD ....Lebron...Giannis....they would have ate him alive

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/5/2019  4:35 AM

perry used to work for the Kings- do you really think he wouldn't have known/tried that angle? They had to find a place KP would likely be willing to stay- there is no way he would have said he was staying with the Kings, he would have just said he'd sign the QO and then leave so there's no way the Kings would have given up all that for a 1 season rental.

So you can blast the trade all you like but can you honesty suggest a better trade where we dump all our contracts, get multiple 1st round picks (including an unprotected), get a young player on a rookie deal, AND that KP could be convince into staying with?

Also note, that now we have JUST enough to sign KD and Kyrie, so if we took on even one or two million more contract-wise, we would not be able to sign them, so remember that when proposing these better deals.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/5/2019  1:41 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
lurts wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

The celts put Marcus Smart on him....if that was AD ....Lebron...Giannis....they would have ate him alive

KP needed some more junk in his trunk. Dude is light. That will be his weakness. Get somebody strong and physical to bang him around.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/5/2019  1:58 PM
It was always about KP filling out and evolving. We don't know what will become of him.
Young players are inconsistent. He was.
Will his body be able to adapt to the demand? His talent and athletic ability was there. I know "good riddance" is easier but this kid might still be a generational type talent. Janis don't play. Kristaps does.
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/5/2019  2:05 PM
Nalod wrote:It was always about KP filling out and evolving. We don't know what will become of him.
Will his body be able to adapt to the demand? His talent and athletic ability was there. I know "good riddance" is easier but this kid might still be a generational type talent. Janis don't play. Kristaps does.

good points.

What KP needs to fix is fixable. He can improve core strength. He can get a coach who will put him in better positions to succeed. They can promote Janis to some irrelevant position (someone needs to tell him he has a girl's name while we're at it)

Not saying the above will happen but it's entirely possible. Same too for the criticized stamina issue. That could be conditioning or even medical related. We'll see

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, and fingers crossed Knicks were right.

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG

2/5/2019  2:17 PM
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:It was always about KP filling out and evolving. We don't know what will become of him.

good points.

What KP needs to fix is fixable. He can improve core strength. He can get a coach who will put him in better positions to succeed. They can promote Janis to some irrelevant position (someone needs to tell him he has a girl's name while we're at it)

Not saying the above will happen but it's entirely possible. Same too for the criticized stamina issue. That could be conditioning or even medical related. We'll see

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, and fingers crossed Knicks were right.

The thing is, I think Janis had more of a hand in Kristap's training and medical regimen than the Knicks did. Maybe it was for good reason [lol Knicks], but the results and implementation have raised a few eyebrows. Is he still with Dr. Gearhead?
KP About to go to Dallas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy