[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Reports that KP wants out
Author Thread
magicTs
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5564

1/31/2019  2:59 PM

This franchise man. Going to be the death of some of us.

AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/31/2019  3:05 PM
Wow; what an arshole. 😡😡😡
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/31/2019  3:09 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Wow; what an arshole. 😡😡😡

Whatever. If a deal that makes sense is out there, make it. If not, he's an adult. The franchise comes first.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
Member: #743
1/31/2019  3:11 PM
Send him out if we get a good enough offer. I was tired of his drama when he got an attitude during the end of the Melo era. What did he expect from the youngest team in the NBA missing their best player for the whole year. I mean look at how bad the 4th place Lakers are without Lebron. If we can get a really nice package for KP I say ship him out ASAP.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/31/2019  3:11 PM
yeah I was literally posting this but got tied up...
this isn't good, but we got a whiff of this before when his bro ran his mouth
I think we could do a lot worse than AD for KP
But honestly my Celtics fan friend just texted me asking what it would take. I said a package featuring Rozier. He said fine, how about Rosier, Brown, and a first. KP is great when available but he's frequently unavailable. If we could get two lotto picks that aren't busts and another first I think we'd have to consider it
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/31/2019  3:17 PM
Not a surprise at all, which is one of the reasons I favored trading him for AD.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/31/2019  3:19 PM
magicTs wrote:

This franchise man. Going to be the death of some of us.

Here's the fall-out to tanking/rebuilding. No matter how the front office spins it, it doesn't help the culture. The Knicks are still extremely unlikely to get the #1 pick. They have a bunch of mismatched pieces who play selfish basketball and vets just stuck on the bench. It does nothing for anyone. Porzingis is calling them out for that. They need to fix this before free agency.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/31/2019  3:19 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:yeah I was literally posting this but got tied up...
But honestly my Celtics fan friend just texted me asking what it would take. I said a package featuring Rozier. He said fine, how about Rosier, Brown, and a first. KP is great when available but he's frequently unavailable. If we could get two lotto picks that aren't busts and another first I think we'd have to consider it

Looking for more than a package featuring Rozier. Rozier upcoming contract has the potential to THJ part deux. Brown is intriguing and the first rounders always draw interest. But we'd need more.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/31/2019  3:20 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kristaps-porzingis-like-rest-us-confused-knicks-direction-193650891.html
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Clean
1/31/2019  3:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Looking for more than a package featuring Rozier. Rozier upcoming contract has the potential to THJ part deux. Brown is intriguing and the first rounders always draw interest. But we'd need more.

Yup, they are going to have to do better than Rozier if they want KP. KP is going to be a restricted FA so we will not be taking any watered down offers for him.

dwiley20
Member: #5755

1/31/2019  3:25 PM
Devin Booker for KP
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
1/31/2019  3:27 PM
not gonna cry about trading him at all.

we'll get something back.

and none of us should have sentimental attachment to him. he's done nothing other than give us some hope.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/31/2019  3:28 PM

Boston would have to offer Hartford in exchange for Thjr and Lee. As well as Rozier & rights to Memphis pick and either their own or rights to Clippers pick.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/31/2019  3:29 PM
This changes things. His brother is ruining his image slowly but surely. Piece by piece. Its a trade request without being a trade request. Without saying which team(s) he prefers to be traded to. He didn't even say that he would only sign an extension with team X. Good for us. Bad for his next team. Lets get some unrestricted first round picks and some young 2 way players with all star potential or maybe take a different approach and trade for another all star. We could really take another teams lunch money here. We are finally in the drives seat for once. Lets not forget that we did not extend his rookie deal, he is a RFA after his rookie deal runs out.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
smackeddog
1/31/2019  3:30 PM
A knock on problem is that without KP, you can kiss the chances of a big FA signing here.

Honestly, at this point it’s pray you can move him for AD, or add years to the rebuild (and pray we land the first pick)- this could be very bad.

Can’t really think of any KP deals that land you a foundation piece

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/31/2019  3:30 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Wow; what an arshole. 😡😡😡

I told you this would happen 3 months ago when the losing commence..

But ya'll was like KP LOVES NY, you don't know what your talking about,

NOBODY WANTS TO BE PART OF A LOSING, and the funny thing is, ya'll keep blaming the player and thinking they should accept losing and shut up..

THE other day DOLAN said NY needs a star, which is why he swoop in and Made the Melo deal happen..Less than 6 month later walsh stepped down..

When Phil was talking about trading KP he was fired 2 wks later

Watch what happens to this FO...and I've been telleing you this for the longest

ES
smackeddog
1/31/2019  3:33 PM
ramtour420 wrote:This changes things. His brother is ruining his image slowly but surely. Piece by piece. Its a trade request without being a trade request. Without saying which team(s) he prefers to be traded to. He didn't even say that he would only sign an extension with team X. Good for us. Bad for his next team. Lets get some unrestricted first round picks and some young 2 way players with all star potential or maybe take a different approach and trade for another all star. We could really take another teams lunch money here. We are finally in the drives seat for once. Lets not forget that we did not extend his rookie deal, he is a RFA after his rookie deal runs out.

For me, it’s co-created- yes, I’m not a fan of his brother (or any brother being a players agent), and I don’t like how KPs attitude has changed over the years. But at the same time we provided such a disfunctional environment what did we expect.

Key thing is, we have more leverage to move him up to the trade deadline. If we leave it until the offseason, he needs to consent to a sign and trade.

Clean
1/31/2019  3:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:A knock on problem is that without KP, you can kiss the chances of a big FA signing here.

Honestly, at this point it’s pray you can move him for AD, or add years to the rebuild (and pray we land the first pick)- this could be very bad.

Can’t really think of any KP deals that land you a foundation piece

If we can't find any good KP deals then we keep him. Call his bluff that he will take a qualifying offer and reject a ton of guaranteed money coming off such a bad injury for a 7'3'' player.

SupremeCommander

1/31/2019  3:34 PM
SupremeCommander

1/31/2019  3:36 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

look, I agree it takes more than a Rozier one-for-one. But remember Perry and Mills said that they "wanted to find their Rozier"? It's obvious we would need waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Rozier. But I think he would be the headliner. I love Jaylen Brown. But I mean I think a more realistic offer is Rozier, Tatum, and a first. Sign me up for that

Reports that KP wants out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy