[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No rising stars on this knick roster
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
1/30/2019  4:21 PM
The format of this event is somewhat arbitrary. It used to be 2nd year players vs rookies, US-born vs non-US 1st and 2nd year players... Quite odd, but I guess the numbers worked out.

For what it's worth, only 3 US rookies were selected: Young, Jaren Jackson JR, and Bagley. All 3 of them were selected with higher picks than our guys.

Frank, ah, Frank. This "vs World" format was made for you, buddy.

In general, though, I do like Knox, Trier, and Robinson turning into solid pros, with a floor of being at least NBA-quality
rotation players, with perhaps all-star capability for all three.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/30/2019  4:25 PM
I like Trier a lot but still see Trier topping out at below All-Star level.

Comparisons:

Best Case: Lou Williams
Avg Case: Jamal Crawford
Worst Case: JR Smith

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/30/2019  4:56 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Only three rookies made the USA team. All of them were drafted in the top 5 (2,3,5). Knox, Mitch and Trier don't crack that group at this point. I don't think anyone saw the Knick trio as top picks last June. I think all of them move up in a re-draft but not to top 5. Frank didn't earn it this year.

True...Sexton and Carter were both drafted before Knox and they didn't make it either...It's a different format from years ago. Its international vs 2nd and 1st year NBA players meaning Rookies are fighting with 2nd year players for a roster spot....Not a big deal...

This is just another angle for Knicks1248 to push his agenda nothing more. Josh Okogie is averaging 7pts on 35% shooting. Trier has been a way better rookie than him. But because he is international and they don't have better options at that tail end of the World team he made the cut.

Tim Hardaway had an epic rising star challenge shooting match (I forget with who)a couple seasons back. Making or not making the team doesn't really dictate what a player is gonna be when his career unfolds.

He is just a clown at this point. He brings up no legit points.

Sand box boy your the biggest kick fan clown that i have come across....

This time around when mills gets fired and this roster is completely dismantled(within the next 12 months)when these same players your thinking is the future are long gone. I'm going to put you particular on MAJOR BLAST, you and your silly fantasy outcomes..sometimes I think your like 10 yrs old..

Sexton and carter both suck, and so do their respective teams, and they are a big reason why..

You know why frank made it to the rising star last year, because we had a decent first half of the yr (as a team)..all this BS talk about frank is was only 19, the youngest guy in the league, then the very next yr watch 19 yr doncic play big boy ball...

your new name is TATTOO... because you reside on fantasy island

Teen hormones are boiling...

hell even teens act more mature than Agendaboy
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/30/2019  5:43 PM
So what's the solution? Fire everyone and trade all picks and young players? the rising stars challenge factors into your assessment? Teams that turnover FO every year or 2 never succeed. I'm not sure why 1248 thinks that we'll be the exception. Noone trusts Mills but so far it looks like Perry is in the driver's seat.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/30/2019  7:17 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:So what's the solution? Fire everyone and trade all picks and young players? the rising stars challenge factors into your assessment? Teams that turnover FO every year or 2 never succeed. I'm not sure why 1248 thinks that we'll be the exception. Noone trusts Mills but so far it looks like Perry is in the driver's seat.
Agreed. I think most of us agree Mills shouldnt be making the big decisions on what talent we acquire BUT most of us have been very happy with Perry. I have liked his trades and picks so far. We all knew this season was gonna be rough without KP. Doesnt mean we "accept losing" like one knucklehead keeps saying. It just means we understand the reality of the situation. Things are gonna get better quickly
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/30/2019  8:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Yo Rainman
Frank made it to Rising Stars challenge last year...how's that working out for him this year?

Jarret Allen didn't, seems to be doing fine this year
Monk didn't, seems to be doing fine this year
Cavs' Osman didn't, but with Lebron gone, seems to be doing fine with playing time and getting passes.

Since when did Frank, Dot become rookies?

Since when did whether a rookie is selected as a starter or reserve in the rookie/rising stars game determine their career trajectory?

You are in complete denial and its sad bro...smh

I think you really think we are tanking on purpose..

Thanks for answering my question
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/31/2019  10:42 AM
Just read the post article on how Knox said he'll use the snub as motivation, but What is it with Berman- he seems to have had it out for Knox since the start of the season, writing ****ty comments and pieces every few days/weeks. He's just rookie, leave him alone
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2019  11:03 AM
smackeddog wrote:Just read the post article on how Knox said he'll use the snub as motivation, but What is it with Berman- he seems to have had it out for Knox since the start of the season, writing ****ty comments and pieces every few days/weeks. He's just rookie, leave him alone

lol how long have you been a Knicks fan? That comment is like circa 2000

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/31/2019  11:18 AM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Just read the post article on how Knox said he'll use the snub as motivation, but What is it with Berman- he seems to have had it out for Knox since the start of the season, writing ****ty comments and pieces every few days/weeks. He's just rookie, leave him alone

lol how long have you been a Knicks fan? That comment is like circa 2000

ha, he usually gives rookies a grace period of at least a few months- seemed to take an instant dislike to Knox

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/31/2019  11:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
It's hilarious
to hear some of you applaud our Development process, rave about trier,frank, Mitch, knox, dotson..WE HAVE THE MOST ROOKIES IN ROTATION in the league..

Not one of these player made the rising star challenge..Its just further proof that

frank (who at least made it last yr) took a giant step backwards,

Knox is roller coaster ride,

Mitch can't stay on the floor,

Trier is a selfish player with a an extremely low IQ,

Dotson has no role at all, and is jerked in out of the rotation like a Yo yo...

Some of you still think FIZ is doing a great job(just because he doesn't throw anyone under the bus) Despite zero progress from our young player, who continue to make the same exact mistakes game after game.

These young players and coaches staff has produce the worst record in the league..

Even if we get the #1 pick, the development is pure trash

You could funnel a 1000 players though here, bring in a 100 different coaches..But if you don't change at the TOP of the pecking order..these are the results

We make a little run in a game, and some of you are convince were competing and playing hard for a few minutes...LMAO>>>

We gotta do better than this....

I'm surprise they didn't CAST DOLAN IN THE HIT NETFLIX SHOW "BIRD BOX" considering he's so good at walking around with a BLIND FOLD and has hired BIRD BRAINS to run his franchise

lets celebrate last place..lol

He has to laugh. Rainman "Chuckles" The Clown.

Telling Knicks1248 that rebuilding takes time and the past is not indicative of the future if the decision making process has changed and we are developing youth...

or asking him why he follows and likes the Knicks?
Just going to repeat the same Shyt over and over again.
But he just has to laugh at us.......

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2019  4:30 PM
Bump:
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
No rising stars on this knick roster

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy