[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No rising stars on this knick roster
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/30/2019  9:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2019  10:01 AM
It's hilarious to hear some of you applaud our Development process, rave about trier,frank, Mitch, knox, dotson..WE HAVE THE MOST ROOKIES IN ROTATION in the league..

Not one of these player made the rising star challenge..Its just further proof that

frank (who at least made it last yr) took a giant step backwards,

Knox is roller coaster ride,

Mitch can't stay on the floor,

Trier is a selfish player with a an extremely low IQ,

Dotson has no role at all, and is jerked in out of the rotation like a Yo yo...

Some of you still think FIZ is doing a great job(just because he doesn't throw anyone under the bus) Despite zero progress from our young player, who continue to make the same exact mistakes game after game.

These young players and coaches staff has produce the worst record in the league..

Even if we get the #1 pick, the development is pure trash

You could funnel a 1000 players though here, bring in a 100 different coaches..But if you don't change at the TOP of the pecking order..these are the results

We make a little run in a game, and some of you are convince were competing and playing hard for a few minutes...LMAO>>>

We gotta do better than this....

I'm surprise they didn't CAST DOLAN IN THE HIT NETFLIX SHOW "BIRD BOX" considering he's so good at walking around with a BLIND FOLD and has hired BIRD BRAINS to run his franchise

lets celebrate last place..lol

ES
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/30/2019  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2019  10:10 AM
Knox was rookie of the month last month, he probably should have made it based on that alone. Only 2 rookies with that accomplishment so far. But it's fine. Our only star is Porzingis. Our other guys hopefully just develop into good role players. Only Knox has some star potential. Our draft pick will determine a lot, as will free agency of course. Remember this year is ground zero of a rebuild and our best player is injured, there's no sugar coating it though.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/30/2019  10:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2019  10:19 AM
Rising starts is about meeting the expectations and consistency.
I think expectations for Knox and Frank were set too high for their age.
Trier and Mitch are nobody for the most of the league, so is Dot.
I am glad no one from Knicks made it.
This should motivate them to get better,burn the fire behind their butts to put some work in.
Also we can have all of them for chip and no one will try to trade for them.
I am interested in how they all will progress next 2 years and how they will fit in what we are building.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/30/2019  11:13 AM
Yo Rainman
Frank made it to Rising Stars challenge last year...how's that working out for him this year?

Jarret Allen didn't, seems to be doing fine this year
Monk didn't, seems to be doing fine this year
Cavs' Osman didn't, but with Lebron gone, seems to be doing fine with playing time and getting passes.

Since when did Frank, Dot become rookies?

Since when did whether a rookie is selected as a starter or reserve in the rookie/rising stars game determine their career trajectory?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/30/2019  11:20 AM
This team lacks star power.
There’s no denying that.

It’s Porzingis and a lot of role players in the making.
Many of these role players still need time to even become reliable role players in winning situations.

But I like Robinson, Knox, Trier, Frank and Vonleh around KP.

We need a second star bad though.
Dunno if FA will work out for us.
And a top 3 draft pick if we can get a player that’s star potential would also work out.

A nice scenario could be

Robinson/Vonleh
Porzingis
Knox/Hardaway
Thompson/Trier
Morant/Frank

Signing Klay is a long shot
But he fits in really well

knicks1248
1/30/2019  11:48 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Yo Rainman
Frank made it to Rising Stars challenge last year...how's that working out for him this year?

Jarret Allen didn't, seems to be doing fine this year
Monk didn't, seems to be doing fine this year
Cavs' Osman didn't, but with Lebron gone, seems to be doing fine with playing time and getting passes.

Since when did Frank, Dot become rookies?

Since when did whether a rookie is selected as a starter or reserve in the rookie/rising stars game determine their career trajectory?

You are in complete denial and its sad bro...smh

I think you really think we are tanking on purpose..

ES
knicks1248
1/30/2019  12:19 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:This team lacks star power.
There’s no denying that.

It’s Porzingis and a lot of role players in the making.
Many of these role players still need time to even become reliable role players in winning situations.

But I like Robinson, Knox, Trier, Frank and Vonleh around KP.

We need a second star bad though.
Dunno if FA will work out for us.
And a top 3 draft pick if we can get a player that’s star potential would also work out.

A nice scenario could be

Robinson/Vonleh
Porzingis
Knox/Hardaway
Thompson/Trier
Morant/Frank

Signing Klay is a long shot
But he fits in really well

Is our system similar to GSW..In fact what is our system?

Klay scored 43 points against us and took 4 dribbles the entire game.

75% of our roster will shoot a contested shot as oppose to passing the ball..and when the do pass, it sails into the front row..

dead last in assist..

Trier, and knox won't even pass the ball on a 3-1 or 3-2 fast breaks.

the coach has sat a healthy Mitch (our only rim protector and a natural shot blocker)and watch us lose games on a last second LAYUP.

Vonleh will rather shoot a contested put back (as oppose to passing it off) only to get his sht swatted into the stands..

Mudiay and Burke are scoring PGs who can pass but rarely do...contract yr

THJ,frank and Dotson are confused as what their role is..

Since sitting kanter we have been crushed on the boards..

Nothing at has been establish so far this season..

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/30/2019  12:53 PM
Only three rookies made the USA team. All of them were drafted in the top 5 (2,3,5). Knox, Mitch and Trier don't crack that group at this point. I don't think anyone saw the Knick trio as top picks last June. I think all of them move up in a re-draft but not to top 5. Frank didn't earn it this year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/30/2019  1:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Only three rookies made the USA team. All of them were drafted in the top 5 (2,3,5). Knox, Mitch and Trier don't crack that group at this point. I don't think anyone saw the Knick trio as top picks last June. I think all of them move up in a re-draft but not to top 5. Frank didn't earn it this year.

True...Sexton and Carter were both drafted before Knox and they didn't make it either...It's a different format from years ago. Its international vs 2nd and 1st year NBA players meaning Rookies are fighting with 2nd year players for a roster spot....Not a big deal...

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/30/2019  1:26 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Only three rookies made the USA team. All of them were drafted in the top 5 (2,3,5). Knox, Mitch and Trier don't crack that group at this point. I don't think anyone saw the Knick trio as top picks last June. I think all of them move up in a re-draft but not to top 5. Frank didn't earn it this year.

True...Sexton and Carter were both drafted before Knox and they didn't make it either...It's a different format from years ago. Its international vs 2nd and 1st year NBA players meaning Rookies are fighting with 2nd year players for a roster spot....Not a big deal...

This is just another angle for Knicks1248 to push his agenda nothing more. Josh Okogie is averaging 7pts on 35% shooting. Trier has been a way better rookie than him. But because he is international and they don't have better options at that tail end of the World team he made the cut.

Tim Hardaway had an epic rising star challenge shooting match (I forget with who)a couple seasons back. Making or not making the team doesn't really dictate what a player is gonna be when his career unfolds.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
1/30/2019  1:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2019  1:33 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

This is just another angle for Knicks1248 to push his agenda nothing more. Josh Okogie is averaging 7pts on 35% shooting. Trier has been a way better rookie than him. But because he is international and they don't have better options at that tail end of the World team he made the cut.

Tim Hardaway had an epic rising star challenge shooting match (I forget with who)a couple seasons back. Making or not making the team doesn't really dictate what a player is gonna be when his career unfolds.

Whats my agenda ?

Since you say this all the time.

I'm suppose to support this Bull sht and pretend our development is A1

ES
arkrud
USA
1/30/2019  1:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Whats my agenda ?

You agenda is negative attitude to everything Knicks, except if Knicks will win a bunch of games (50+?) with a host washed out vets or host some star player like Melo/Marbs/Stat who will go to All-star game and drug the team to 35 win season just to miss playoff or get bumped out of 1st round. Reading too many super-hero Comic books has negative affect on kids development...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/30/2019  2:58 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/30/2019  3:03 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

He is just a clown at this point. He brings up no legit points.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

1/30/2019  3:41 PM
We wanted a rebuild. We wanted young player development. We wanted to get rookies serious minutes to play through their mistakes. We wanted a high draft pick. Wishes fulfilled.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/30/2019  3:49 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Waiters

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/30/2019  3:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:It's hilarious to hear some of you applaud our Development process, rave about trier,frank, Mitch, knox, dotson..WE HAVE THE MOST ROOKIES IN ROTATION in the league..

Not one of these player made the rising star challenge..Its just further proof that

Just further proof you don't seem to grasp the selection process.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/30/2019  4:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Whats my agenda ?

Simple, your agenda is your push for instant gratification. Anything that doesn't provide you instant gratification gets torn down by you.

You also look to play all angles of the negative spectrum. A couple of examples. With Hernangomes you complained about his lack of athleticsm and how he was a plodder and doesn't fit today's NBA. But then when he is only valued at 2 second rounders and traded away. You were upset that he didn't net more value. With KP you play the he is injury prone angle. And we should pay him max contract angle. At the same time push the he is gonna leave us for nothing angle if we don't start winning immediately. Your willing to contradict yourself and spin any and all angles into the worst outcomes if the team isn't offering you the instant gratification that you desire.

In an unrelated toward disecting you but related to the current Knicks situation. In 2002-2003 when the Knicks traded for Mcdyess to pair with Houston and Sprewell hoping to make the playoffs to make guys like Knicks1248 feel good inside. Mcdyess as we know injuries his knee and was lost for the season. The up coming draft that year had future superstars and hall of famers such as Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony. Knicks went on to win 37 games that year and miss the playoffs yet also missed out on the top 5 sweepstakes for these players.

Pat Riley and the Miami Heat on the other hand(who you consider the standard) who won 50 games 2 seasons prior tanked that season with Alonzo Mourning being forced to sit out due to his kidney. Heat won 36 and 24 games the 2 season before they landed Butler and then Wade.

With KP out for basically the season. We need to pull a 2003 Miami Heat and not a 2003 New York Knicks. And it looks like the Knicks have learned from that lesson. Miami Heat then went on to build a championship team around their new franchise player a few yrs later. So all those "bad habits" they developed the yr when thru tanked must off been removed or forgotten.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
1/30/2019  4:07 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Sand box boy your the biggest kick fan clown that i have come across....

This time around when mills gets fired and this roster is completely dismantled(within the next 12 months)when these same players your thinking is the future are long gone. I'm going to put you particular on MAJOR BLAST, you and your silly fantasy outcomes..sometimes I think your like 10 yrs old..

Sexton and carter both suck, and so do their respective teams, and they are a big reason why..

You know why frank made it to the rising star last year, because we had a decent first half of the yr (as a team)..all this BS talk about frank is was only 19, the youngest guy in the league, then the very next yr watch 19 yr doncic play big boy ball...

your new name is TATTOO... because you reside on fantasy island

ES
arkrud
USA
1/30/2019  4:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Sand box boy your the biggest kick fan clown that i have come across....

This time around when mills gets fired and this roster is completely dismantled(within the next 12 months)when these same players your thinking is the future are long gone. I'm going to put you particular on MAJOR BLAST, you and your silly fantasy outcomes..sometimes I think your like 10 yrs old..

Sexton and carter both suck, and so do their respective teams, and they are a big reason why..

You know why frank made it to the rising star last year, because we had a decent first half of the yr (as a team)..all this BS talk about frank is was only 19, the youngest guy in the league, then the very next yr watch 19 yr doncic play big boy ball...

your new name is TATTOO... because you reside on fantasy island

Teen hormones are boiling...

No rising stars on this knick roster

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy