[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So nobody is accountable
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/23/2019  4:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:You know the problem with some of you, you press the reset button every off season, and you know why you do that, because either the roster, coach, or president is new, and then you preach the patience BS.

You guys accept the losing because your so fixated on the draft, NEVER MIND THAT THE LOSING IS BRINGING MAJOR CHANGES EVERY OFF SEASON that kills continuity

We kept 75% of the roster, same GM, same president from last season, and we have gotten worse by a mile, mills(FA SPENDING) has netted us Mario and THJ, and no ones really looking at them as a part of the future.. A yr after his signing he's on everyone's trade proposals...and now your looking forward to his next FA signing as if you were impress with the previous

Somebody said they like the moves mills is making..What fkng moves is he making, signing "yes men like perry and handcuffing him, or maybe you enjoy the selfish brain dead G league roster that needs a minimum of 4yrs to make a slight difference

Mix up your fckng roster with a balance of youth and blue chip vets...NOW

This ass hole hasn't landed a top tier FA since he's gotten here 5+ yrs ago , As GM, or PREZ..He hasn't made any block buster trades, and hasn't leveled up a single position on the roster....GET FCKNG REAL...I HAVE NO LOVE FOR MILLS AND IT ALL STARTED WHEN HE SIGNED JR SMITHS BROTHER.

He's a fck boy with ulteria motives, like being a princeton alumni with a president title...what does he know about building a NBA championship team...where in his past has he shown you he is capable of anything but the spinning wheels BS he's showing you...

Please someone tell me something that this guy has done that gives you hope, the roster is total trash

Continuity and Stability are important things. But ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE A CERTAIN BASELINE OF TALENT.

Until you have that talent, you churn the roster.

What moves can they make? They are asset gutted and have a lot of bad contracts. Unlike some other sports, in the NBA, it takes a long time to rid your roster of contract problems.

Nearly all NBA teams have no chance at a top tier FA. And in the history of modern NBA FA, you can count on one hand the number of impact players who have actually moved teams. ( Durant, Nash, LBJ, Shaq)

Like most NBA teams, the Knicks are limited by who they can actually sign. Many FAs aren't going to the Knicks. Then there are the cap limits, all teams are forced to sign who will actually sign and only for what the team can afford/pay.

You could blame Mills. And you might be right. But the ****storm the Knicks are in now are legacies from moves made 2-3 seasons ago.

You want the team to get better but the only mechanism to get better is to tank and make good cap decisions and build through the draft. You'll say the draft is very miss more than hit, and you are right. But what other choice is there?

WHAT OTHER CHOICE IS THERE?

You've been asked his by me like 100 times in the last two years and you have no answer.

You'll say it sucks. And you are right, it does suck. But there are few to no other mechanisms for change.

You'll say trades, but I've seen you propose trades that have market based reality. That's the polite way to say it. The real way to say it is your life and livelihood depended on running an NBA team, they'd throw you out of the building.

You are right in that the Knicks need to get better.

You are right in that it has been too long to lose like this for the good of the team, fans and franchise as a whole.

You are wrong in how to go about it. Because you have no conceptual basic understanding of how the NBA marketplace works.

You see alternatives because you see things that don't exist in the current marketplace. It is that simple.

When some mouth breather demands the team give Mudiay or Kanter an extension and I say No, that's a bad idea and they start giving me ****, the reason I say it is to avoid the kind of long term mess you see today. Today's Mudiay and Kanter is yesterdays Lance Thomas and Noah.

Get smarter first, then get angry. But if you took a smarter approach to this, you'd see there is no point to being angry. The system in the NBA for resource management is horribly flawed, but you must do the best you can anyway.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2019  4:41 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:You know the problem with some of you, you press the reset button every off season, and you know why you do that, because either the roster, coach, or president is new, and then you preach the patience BS.

You guys accept the losing because your so fixated on the draft, NEVER MIND THAT THE LOSING IS BRINGING MAJOR CHANGES EVERY OFF SEASON that kills continuity

We kept 75% of the roster, same GM, same president from last season, and we have gotten worse by a mile, mills(FA SPENDING) has netted us Mario and THJ, and no ones really looking at them as a part of the future.. A yr after his signing he's on everyone's trade proposals...and now your looking forward to his next FA signing as if you were impress with the previous

Somebody said they like the moves mills is making..What fkng moves is he making, signing "yes men like perry and handcuffing him, or maybe you enjoy the selfish brain dead G league roster that needs a minimum of 4yrs to make a slight difference

This ass hole hasn't landed a top tier FA since he's gotten here 5+ yrs ago , As GM, or PREZ..He hasn't made any block buster trades, and hasn't leveled up a single position on the roster....GET FCKNG REAL...I HAVE NO LOVE FOR MILLS AND IT ALL STARTED WHEN HE SIGNED JR SMITHS BROTHER.

He's a fck boy with ulteria motives, like being a princeton alumni with a president title...what does he know about building a NBA championship team...where in his past has he shown you he is capable of anything but the spinning wheels BS he's showing you...

Please someone tell me something that this guy has done that gives you hope, the roster is total trash

Continuity and Stability are important things. But ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE A CERTAIN BASELINE OF TALENT.

What moves can they make? They are asset gutted and have a lot of bad contracts. Unlike some other sports, in the NBA, it takes a long time to rid your roster of contract problems.

Nearly all NBA teams have no chance at a top tier FA. And in the history of modern NBA FA, you can count on one hand the number of impact players who have actually moved teams. ( Durant, Nash, LBJ, Shaq)

Like most NBA teams, the Knicks are limited by who they can actually sign. Many FAs aren't going to the Knicks. Then there are the cap limits, all teams are forced to sign who will actually sign and only for what the team can afford/pay.

You could blame Mills. And you might be right. But the ****storm the Knicks are in now are legacies from moves made 2-3 seasons ago.

You want the team to get better but the only mechanism to get better is to tank and make good cap decisions and build through the draft. You'll say the draft is very miss more than hit, and you are right. But what other choice is there?

You've been asked his by me like 100 times in the last two years and you have no answer.

You'll say it sucks. And you are right, it does suck. But there are few to no other mechanisms for change.

You'll say trades, but I've seen you propose trades that have market based reality. That's the polite way to say it. The real way to say it is your life and livelihood depended on running an NBA team, they'd throw you out of the building.

You are right in that it has been too long to lose like this for the good of the team, fans and franchise as a whole.

You are wrong in how to go about it. Because you have no conceptual basic understanding of how the NBA marketplace works.

You see alternatives because you see things that don't exist in the current marketplace. It is that simple.

When some mouth breather demands the team give Mudiay or Kanter an extension and I say No, that's a bad idea and they start giving me ****, the reason I say it is to avoid the kind of long term mess you see today. Today's Mudiay and Kanter is yesterdays Lance Thomas and Noah.

Get smarter first, then get angry. But if you took a smarter approach to this, you'd see there is no point to being angry. The system in the NBA for resource management is horribly flawed, but you must do the best you can anyway.

Well done without (Nalodian)insults to Knicks1248.

meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

1/23/2019  4:47 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Best post you've made in a while

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
mlby1215
Member: #6486

1/24/2019  2:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2019  2:29 PM
there are something I can think of.

1. Steve Mills regrets it. He now thinks he stabbed Phil Jackson too soon. He thought Phil Jackson was Hinkie, but it turns out he IS Hinkie.

2. He is always protected by local media, probably because he may be a leaker in secret. He gives media what they want, and they would not burn him in return.

3. In the middle of second year Phil got blamed not talk to media everyday, but Mills is okay not to be most talkative person in the world currently.

4. Steve Mills is not a stupid boy. The world will know he is not. Next off-season he will has caps, and he will buy a lot of good players, so the world will no longer laugh on him.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/25/2019  10:10 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

What about self-hyping, overly self-important mouthbreathing posters who recommend the MARKET-BASED REALITY OF RON BAKER STARTING AT PG? IS IT THAT SIMPLE?

So the ONLY mechanism is to tank, don't sign bad free agents, build through the draft (which is repeating your first point, but why bother keeping track).

Mills' life and livelihood depend on running an NBA team. Why is he still in the building?

Tanking is for losers. Literally. It's like deciding to suck so you can possibly win a coin toss that more than likely will land you with an overhyped pile of ****, so that you can suck some more. Which point you concede.

How about something I read that actually made a whole hell of alot of sense once:
PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES. PLAY STUPID TANKING LOSER GAMES, WIN STUPID TANKING LOSER PRIZES.

This franchise in particular has drafted (with the exception of a broken unicorn) pure horse**** since 1986. Despite 20 win seasons, 17 win seasons. So what in that historical lesson provides the basis for tanking as the lead step as the only mechanism for change?

1) How about hire a FO with some sort of track record that exceeds "Don't do what Phil did"?
2) Hire a ****ing real coach. Celtics did it. Bucks did it. Is this ****ing brain surgery?
3) Take said coach and try to win the ****ing games. Play the games. Don't play ****ing tanking loser bull****. Stop this constant development of young guys horse**** in the big boy league. There's a ****ing NDBL Gatorade Gleague horse**** league for that crap.
4) Win games with what whatever actual ****, actual NBA players you have. Stop the ****ing race to win ping pong balls. STUPID PRIZES.

Nalod
USA
1/25/2019  11:17 AM
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

What about self-hyping, overly self-important mouthbreathing posters who recommend the MARKET-BASED REALITY OF RON BAKER STARTING AT PG? IS IT THAT SIMPLE?

So the ONLY mechanism is to tank, don't sign bad free agents, build through the draft (which is repeating your first point, but why bother keeping track).

Mills' life and livelihood depend on running an NBA team. Why is he still in the building?

Tanking is for losers. Literally. It's like deciding to suck so you can possibly win a coin toss that more than likely will land you with an overhyped pile of ****, so that you can suck some more. Which point you concede.

How about something I read that actually made a whole hell of alot of sense once:
PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES. PLAY STUPID TANKING LOSER GAMES, WIN STUPID TANKING LOSER PRIZES.

This franchise in particular has drafted (with the exception of a broken unicorn) pure horse**** since 1986. Despite 20 win seasons, 17 win seasons. So what in that historical lesson provides the basis for tanking as the lead step as the only mechanism for change?

1) How about hire a FO with some sort of track record that exceeds "Don't do what Phil did"?
2) Hire a ****ing real coach. Celtics did it. Bucks did it. Is this ****ing brain surgery?
3) Take said coach and try to win the ****ing games. Play the games. Don't play ****ing tanking loser bull****. Stop this constant development of young guys horse**** in the big boy league. There's a ****ing NDBL Gatorade Gleague horse**** league for that crap.
4) Win games with what whatever actual ****, actual NBA players you have. Stop the ****ing race to win ping pong balls. STUPID PRIZES.

1)Easy to hire but hard to duplicate past success. But I understand.
2)Brad stevens sucked his first year. Fizz has cred thru Miami and it appears Memphis was not all on him. Stevens learned from mistakes, So will Fizz.
3) Just try to win. Your ranting on this one. "Young guys horsehit" What is that?
4) WIn games with actual Shit. Tried with actual Enes, actual Lance and Actual Clee. Actual Hardaway actually played good with ATL and actually looked good with KP. This year they actually don't win. So we go with stupid prizes plan B.

Not sure where your going with this. We tried to supplement with Noah and Rose with KP a Hybrid rebuild but that sucked. Baker looked good his rookie year. We tried. Last year we had Lance, Clee, hardaway KP and Jack. That was pretty good for a while. Frank had nice PnR thing with KP. Then KP went down.
We rebooted this year with new coaching staff. Halfway thru you want to get a "real" coach.

You venting or what? Emotionally you can't handle the rebuild? I know, its been bad for years. We tried the band aid thing and made it worse and worse. When you pay chris smith to make JR smith happy that should be a moment you send up the flairs and the NBA commish should take over by eminent domain!!!
When you give everything to Melo because you don't have two of the next three no. 1 picks you are in trouble.
When Dolan takes a goodthing, by getting out and hires Mills to over see a rebuild of front office but get seduced by Phil because Irving Azoff wants it, and you demote Mills to make room for Phil, your in deep trouble.

All the above sucks. It happened and nothing undoes it. No shortcuts. All Mills has done is sign Hardaway and draft Knox. Hardaway has not ruined the franchise. Clee has not ruined the franchise. The rest of the **** is old stale phuch ups. He cleaned out the coaches and hired the most indemand young coach. And 46 games in your freaking out.

"No one is accountable". Thing is, the architects of this mess are no longer here. It took years to make it. It will take more than one season to fix it. And it had to happen. We are paying for the sins of the past. Amen.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/25/2019  11:38 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

2)Brad stevens sucked his first year. Fizz has cred thru Miami and it appears Memphis was not all on him. Stevens learned from mistakes, So will Fizz.
3) Just try to win. Your ranting on this one. "Young guys horsehit" What is that?
4) WIn games with actual Shit. Tried with actual Enes, actual Lance and Actual Clee. Actual Hardaway actually played good with ATL and actually looked good with KP. This year they actually don't win. So we go with stupid prizes plan B.

Not sure where your going with this. We tried to supplement with Noah and Rose with KP a Hybrid rebuild but that sucked. Baker looked good his rookie year. We tried. Last year we had Lance, Clee, hardaway KP and Jack. That was pretty good for a while. Frank had nice PnR thing with KP. Then KP went down.
We rebooted this year with new coaching staff. Halfway thru you want to get a "real" coach.

You venting or what? Emotionally you can't handle the rebuild? I know, its been bad for years. We tried the band aid thing and made it worse and worse. When you pay chris smith to make JR smith happy that should be a moment you send up the flairs and the NBA commish should take over by eminent domain!!!
When you give everything to Melo because you don't have two of the next three no. 1 picks you are in trouble.
When Dolan takes a goodthing, by getting out and hires Mills to over see a rebuild of front office but get seduced by Phil because Irving Azoff wants it, and you demote Mills to make room for Phil, your in deep trouble.

All the above sucks. It happened and nothing undoes it. No shortcuts. All Mills has done is sign Hardaway and draft Knox. Hardaway has not ruined the franchise. Clee has not ruined the franchise. The rest of the **** is old stale phuch ups. He cleaned out the coaches and hired the most indemand young coach. And 46 games in your freaking out.

"No one is accountable". Thing is, the architects of this mess are no longer here. It took years to make it. It will take more than one season to fix it. And it had to happen. We are paying for the sins of the past. Amen.

Love him or hate him, but Woodson was the last coach we had. What have we had since?
You don't think watching a Brad Stevens or Burkholzer lose would be better than this?
I realize your deep and abiding love for Frenchie, but this constant development horse**** approach with real NBA games (start them, bench them, start them, play them but hope they don't get hurt...) is just that. Horse****. Play and start the vets. Fucking Knox's skull hasn't closed yet. What's he learning by starting and losing when it's apparent he's not capable yet? Same for Trier, same for MitchRob. Bring them in sparingly off the bench. Like you're supposed to do with littel kids playing with men.
Trying to win with people you're actually paying big boy money for makes a whole hell of a lot more sense then hoping teenagers don't get greenstick breaks playing NBA starter minutes against the real thing every night. Atkinson's playing everyone including the water boys over in Brooklyn trying to keep injuries down. Holy ****, I'm talking about the Nyets! Damn you Nalod! Look what you've done to me!

Not debating that the sins of the past need to be repented and redeemed. I'd have to look back, but I truly thought Phil trading away half of the best interior D in the league for an injured washed out Bulls duo was not a try at anything. Other than a patent example of a Prez who had next to no idea what he was doing.

Just overly tired of the debilitating outlook that sucking on purpose leads to anything more than more sucking.

Salvation lies within. Hallelujah.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/25/2019  12:21 PM
jrodmc wrote:Love him or hate him, but Woodson was the last coach we had. What have we had since?

Woodson was hardly a coach...iso Melo was his only play, very similar to iso Harden, but with very different results.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
1/25/2019  12:34 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Love him or hate him, but Woodson was the last coach we had. What have we had since?
You don't think watching a Brad Stevens or Burkholzer lose would be better than this?
I realize your deep and abiding love for Frenchie, but this constant development horse**** approach with real NBA games (start them, bench them, start them, play them but hope they don't get hurt...) is just that. Horse****. Play and start the vets. Fucking Knox's skull hasn't closed yet. What's he learning by starting and losing when it's apparent he's not capable yet? Same for Trier, same for MitchRob. Bring them in sparingly off the bench. Like you're supposed to do with littel kids playing with men.
Trying to win with people you're actually paying big boy money for makes a whole hell of a lot more sense then hoping teenagers don't get greenstick breaks playing NBA starter minutes against the real thing every night. Atkinson's playing everyone including the water boys over in Brooklyn trying to keep injuries down. Holy ****, I'm talking about the Nyets! Damn you Nalod! Look what you've done to me!

Not debating that the sins of the past need to be repented and redeemed. I'd have to look back, but I truly thought Phil trading away half of the best interior D in the league for an injured washed out Bulls duo was not a try at anything. Other than a patent example of a Prez who had next to no idea what he was doing.

Just overly tired of the debilitating outlook that sucking on purpose leads to anything more than more sucking.

Salvation lies within. Hallelujah.

We all need a hug. Bring it in......
Then I tell you all the things from above and tell you "its ok, its going to be ok....."
Nyets if anyting kind of did this two years ago and got Russell with Expiring BroPez so the lakes could get Lebron. Your looking at Nets this year, not last.
Woodson had the team that was old and was overachieved. Your down the path knicks1248 goes down.
Melo's near MVP season. Instead of blowing it up then, we got Bargs. 39 wins.
Its ugly. It has to be.

So nobody is accountable

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy