[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So nobody is accountable
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/21/2019  7:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2019  8:01 PM
10 wins, and knicks fans should live with it.

Did they really assemble a team that could only win 12 games?

Did they really decide to tank in the first year of the draft changes where the only thing your are assured of is a top 5 pick.

Did they Interview 12 coaches and decided on one that is going to have the most losses in the franchise 50+ yrs.

Every projection had us at 29 to 32 wins (without kp)

They can't trade Lee or THJ, because there's no way in hell anyone will take them without a 1st rnd pick or their own long term contract.

can't trade frank because you still can't determine WTF you have on your hands, he teases you enough to have you on the fence (he's the most talked about player since Melo, Houston, marbury, ewing LJ)and he's not 1/10th the talent.

Phil jackson told Mills he wanted to trade shumpert and JR smith, that was the best trade he found, and phil pulled the trigger. This should not surprise anyone considering what mills has done in the last 18 months he has been at the helm.

More than half the season has come and gone, and there isn't a single player that is a 100% lock (other than knox) to be here, the team looks as lost as they did with JH, actually worse, no Identity, No defense, no team ball.

Mills has put together a coaching staff that has been completely exposed, and looks like pure trash, by handing them one of the worse rosters imaginable.

Mills has devalued every player on the roster to the point he can't even get 2nd round picks, so he just eats contracts by waiving or cutting players.

STEVE MILLS (imo) IS CURRENTLY, BY FAR THE WORST PRESIDENT IN ALL OF SPORTS, because his plan is about as generic as as vanilla ice cream

Please give me one thing you have been impress with WHEN it comes to STEVE MILLS..

ANY knicks fan could sit on their hands, waive players, wait for the draft and over pay THJ.

The fcker isnt even in the seats at the games like our president and GM has been for the last 20+ yrs.

Fiz and PERRY were hired because of the communication skills...not because of their successful experience in their respectful positions...

DOLAN PUT OUT AN AD..HELP WANTED "NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY" Will pay millions...lol

ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/21/2019  7:55 PM
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."
--Benjamin Franklin

"You can say any foolish thing to do to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'"
Dave Barry

"A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat."
--Louis L'Amour

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/22/2019  10:19 AM
knicks1248 is accountable.
He is a Voodoo who brought this misery on us.
He will be dammed!!!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/22/2019  10:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2019  10:23 AM
You want to tank but want to win more than 10 game. Which is it? Without KP, we are that bad! And he is that good.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/22/2019  11:00 AM
Please see Sixers 2013 to 2017. It's an example of a full rebuild. Then see Sixers 2017 to present to see the possible outcome. You can also look at the Celtics before they got better.
knicks1248
1/22/2019  11:23 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Please see Sixers 2013 to 2017. It's an example of a full rebuild. Then see Sixers 2017 to present to see the possible outcome. You can also look at the Celtics before they got better.

Honestly, the sixers would have been this good 2 yrs ago if not for season ending injuries to both embiid and simmons before the set foot on an nba floor.

And are comparing knox and frank(our 2 high picks) to embiid and simmons..imagine if they would have drafted tatum instead of fultz

They drafted NBA ready players, we drafted 4 yr projects, and continue to do so..most NBA rosters dont last for 4 yrs

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/22/2019  11:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Please see Sixers 2013 to 2017. It's an example of a full rebuild. Then see Sixers 2017 to present to see the possible outcome. You can also look at the Celtics before they got better.

Honestly, the sixers would have been this good 2 yrs ago if not for season ending injuries to both embiid and simmons before the set foot on an nba floor.

And are comparing knox and frank(our 2 high picks) to embiid and simmons..imagine if they would have drafted tatum instead of fultz

They drafted NBA ready players, we drafted 4 yr projects, and continue to do so..most NBA rosters dont last for 4 yrs

Philly has been lucky to have 2 #1 picks and a #3 pick over the span of three years (and a #10 pick the following year).

Why are you comparing that to having the #4 pick and then the #8 pick (and a #9 pick the following year) over the same time span?

Yours is an insane response

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
1/22/2019  12:00 PM
OP is complaining that Frank shows flashes.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/22/2019  12:25 PM
I normally would be really pissed about the Knicks record...BUT...having had the opportunity to watch Zion Williamson play LIVE and on TV a handful of times already, I hope the Knicks lose every game for the rest of the season.

I won't be mad with Barrett (Reminds me of Tracey McGrady) but Williamson can be the next Lebron James.

*not trying to hijack the thread but all this misery can potentially be worth it in the end*

Nalod
USA
1/22/2019  12:41 PM
Rainman is a good example of why you don’t show a fool a job half done, since halfway through it looks even worse than in the beginning. It’s similar to how pieces of material appear before they are sown together into a suit, or a car that has been disassembled into parts, or a patient’s body in the middle of an operation. We are unable to understand the final result since we must first develop the desires and qualities necessary for seeing this. Since a sports team is an abstract work in progress and no two are a like it fails those with little imagination that until the desired result is accomplished it can be verified.
Embiid and Simmons are the best two picks. Sixers wiffed on Carter Williams, Okafor, Nerlens Noel and thus far Fultz. The depths thru 5 seasons included picking Embiid who sat for a year and Simmons unfortunate injury.
more important was small moves like Saric and Covington that delivered Butler.
"Imagine if they drafted Tatum". They didn't. They actually burned a pick to move up two spots to grab Fultz. The point is teams make mistakes enroute to success. Boston big moves were based on damn good trades getting Crowder and Issiah Thomas. Drafting Rozier was good but he needed time to develop. Like Two years! Moving Avery Bradley was very good. Kid can play but good teams push good players via trades and keep moving up. We are not there yet. Whining won't get it done sooner either.

Rainman, its obvious your not going to change and while you might not agree with many of us you might refrain from your snarky attitude. I think most respond with their opinions and if you don't agree that's ok but be polite.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/22/2019  12:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2019  12:53 PM
Nalod wrote:Rainman is a good example of why you don’t show a fool a job half done, since halfway through it looks even worse than in the beginning. It’s similar to how pieces of material appear before they are sown together into a suit, or a car that has been disassembled into parts, or a patient’s body in the middle of an operation. We are unable to understand the final result since we must first develop the desires and qualities necessary for seeing this. Since a sports team is an abstract work in progress and no two are a like it fails those with little imagination that until the desired result is accomplished it can be verified.
Embiid and Simmons are the best two picks. Sixers wiffed on Carter Williams, Okafor, Nerlens Noel and thus far Fultz. The depths thru 5 seasons included picking Embiid who sat for a year and Simmons unfortunate injury.
"Imagine if they drafted Tatum". They didn't. They actually burned a pick to move up two spots to grab Fultz. The point is teams make mistakes enroute to success. Boston big moves were based on damn good trades getting Crowder and Issiah Thomas. Drafting Rozier was good but he needed time to develop. Like Two years! Moving Avery Bradley was very good. Kid can play but good teams push good players via trades and keep moving up. We are not there yet. Whining won't get it done sooner either.

Rainman, its obvious your not going to change and while you might not agree with many of us you might refrain from your snarky attitude. I think most respond with their opinions and if you don't agree that's ok but be polite.

Knicks1248 posts symbolizes the impatient fan that most talk about when they say its impossible to rebuild in NY....I tend to disagree with most of his posts and your analogies are on point and make a ton of sense....

However, isn't it ironic that you are telling him to be Polite, yet, you continue to chase this man from one thread to another, and post to post to repeatedly call this man "Rainman"?

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/22/2019  1:12 PM
I don’t think anyone here realize that the Knicks are running a shut show. If your going to lose lose but do it trying to learn something. They aren’t learning defense they aren’t learning offensive execution. Youth movement doesn’t have to mean lose and lose some more they have to have a learning curve. Can anyone honestly say this group is learning team basketball?
Nalod
USA
1/22/2019  1:20 PM
Uptown wrote:
Nalod wrote:Rainman is a good example of why you don’t show a fool a job half done, since halfway through it looks even worse than in the beginning. It’s similar to how pieces of material appear before they are sown together into a suit, or a car that has been disassembled into parts, or a patient’s body in the middle of an operation. We are unable to understand the final result since we must first develop the desires and qualities necessary for seeing this. Since a sports team is an abstract work in progress and no two are a like it fails those with little imagination that until the desired result is accomplished it can be verified.

Knicks1248 posts symbolizes the impatient fan that most talk about when they say its impossible to rebuild in NY....I tend to disagree with most of his posts and your analogies are on point and make a ton of sense....

However, isn't it ironic that you are telling him to be Polite, yet, you continue to chase this man from one thread to another, and post to post to repeatedly call this man "Rainman"?

Your right. I had edited out a statement I should have left in basically saying its ok to go after me.
I was mostly implying to be more polite to others. I see how that did not clarify that.
He is redundant and not matter how much you post facts he kind of goes off on the same stuff over and over. Like Rainman did in the movies. Im not saying he is an idiot savant not capable of listening.
He is.

Nalod
USA
1/22/2019  1:31 PM
Vmart wrote:I don’t think anyone here realize that the Knicks are running a shut show. If your going to lose lose but do it trying to learn something. They aren’t learning defense they aren’t learning offensive execution. Youth movement doesn’t have to mean lose and lose some more they have to have a learning curve. Can anyone honestly say this group is learning team basketball?

I agree. What I question is not what we think they should be learning, but when? Also while we think its perfectly logical to think they should, perhaps they are on a different task?
I remember when MDA kinda thru in the towel and "Dumbed down" the defense. They could not do it. Since the roster was in such a state of flux it might not have made sense to do it.
Maybe Fiz is trying to just get Mudiay and frank to "Be themselves" then build on it. Some games we see frank be very aggressive on offense and not really care about missing shots. once he can gain some confidence in that, then let him build on that but bring back his unselfish game. Trier looks like he does not a green light when ever. Knox is still very young and his future is as a scorer. Let him acclimate to that at this level then bring in "team concepts". This is not SAS or any established team.
For that matter what will we ask of KP? Go out and just do what your comfortable doing and gain your confidence back?
Im not saying anyone is wrong, im just speculating and perhaps that makes some sense of it and if so it does not indict Fiz as being an idiot as some suggest. This guy won chips as assistant in Miami. He has seen it and been a part of it.

Sometimes you have to coach to what you got. I know its the NBA and should be more ready. Frank was drafted by one regime and coach and now has his second in two seasons. Knox has had gone from High school, then Calipari and now Fiz. That's a lot of change. if Knox or drafted on SAS they'd sit for a year or two.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
1/22/2019  1:38 PM
Vmart wrote:I don’t think anyone here realize that the Knicks are running a shut show. If your going to lose lose but do it trying to learn something. They aren’t learning defense they aren’t learning offensive execution. Youth movement doesn’t have to mean lose and lose some more they have to have a learning curve. Can anyone honestly say this group is learning team basketball?

do you care if Timmy, Mudiay, Hezonjia, Kanter, Vonleh, Burke are learning? Part of the problem is these guys get minutes. Major ball dominating minutes from the first two.

Dotson, Kornet, Frank, Mitch, Knox, Trier ... if only those six would get/could get big run with some unselfish vets around like Thomas and Lee.

Vmart
USA
1/22/2019  1:40 PM
Nalod wrote:

I agree. What I question is not what we think they should be learning, but when? Also while we think its perfectly logical to think they should, perhaps they are on a different task?
I remember when MDA kinda thru in the towel and "Dumbed down" the defense. They could not do it. Since the roster was in such a state of flux it might not have made sense to do it.
Maybe Fiz is trying to just get Mudiay and frank to "Be themselves" then build on it. Some games we see frank be very aggressive on offense and not really care about missing shots. once he can gain some confidence in that, then let him build on that but bring back his unselfish game. Trier looks like he does not a green light when ever. Knox is still very young and his future is as a scorer. Let him acclimate to that at this level then bring in "team concepts". This is not SAS or any established team.
For that matter what will we ask of KP? Go out and just do what your comfortable doing and gain your confidence back?
Im not saying anyone is wrong, im just speculating and perhaps that makes some sense of it and if so it does not indict Fiz as being an idiot as some suggest. This guy won chips as assistant in Miami. He has seen it and been a part of it.

Sometimes you have to coach to what you got. I know its the NBA and should be more ready. Frank was drafted by one regime and coach and now has his second in two seasons. Knox has had gone from High school, then Calipari and now Fiz. That's a lot of change. if Knox or drafted on SAS they'd sit for a year or two.

Do you think in High School they tell the kids to find themselves? Hell no the coach has a tight grip on schemes and style of play. What Fiz is doing is creating very bad habits. They become harder and harder to break away from once the become ingrained. Melo is probably the prime example of unable to adjust his game. This is going to happen to these young players. They need to be told what and how.

Vmart
USA
1/22/2019  1:44 PM
anrst wrote:

do you care if Timmy, Mudiay, Hezonjia, Kanter, Vonleh, Burke are learning? Part of the problem is these guys get minutes. Major ball dominating minutes from the first two.

Dotson, Kornet, Frank, Mitch, Knox, Trier ... if only those six would get/could get big run with some unselfish vets around like Thomas and Lee.

You make a solid point about players not for the long run. But it isn’t about them learning as much as it’s about those that will be on the Knicks. Next year will be wasted again because maybe they decide to implement a system. At least get the ones your going forward familiar with a possible system that might be implemented.

knicks1248
1/22/2019  1:45 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:I normally would be really pissed about the Knicks record...BUT...having had the opportunity to watch Zion Williamson play LIVE and on TV a handful of times already, I hope the Knicks lose every game for the rest of the season.

I won't be mad with Barrett (Reminds me of Tracey McGrady) but Williamson can be the next Lebron James.

*not trying to hijack the thread but all this misery can potentially be worth it in the end*

Yeah I like him to, but losing takes a serious toll on your current crop of young players to the point they lose a boat load of confidence, and their development is almost non existent (as you are witnessing with certain players we have now.

It also makes your coach look foolish, AND THE ROSTER LOOK TOTALLY suspect.

ESPN showed the highlights of the Cavs, Bulls, and Knicks this morning, they Highlighted the atrocious defense, the horrendous passes that ended up in the crowd, the terrible shooting, the brutal decision making..

you sacrifice so much for one player that you have a 14% chance of landing, and truth be told..ZION IS NOT THE POSITION WE NEED FILLING..

More importantly, look at our development, are you impress by it?

You know what else this losing brings, 7 to 10 new players, that leads to another development season in 2019/20..when do you stop the damn bleeding

ES
knicks1248
1/22/2019  1:51 PM
Uptown wrote:

No one really responds to him,

Rainman...lol...needs to save that stupid name for MILLs who's been raining bull sht on this franchise for 6 straight lottery season..

People are patient when they see progress, do you see any progress from last season..

ES
knicks1248
1/22/2019  1:59 PM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Do you think in High School they tell the kids to find themselves? Hell no the coach has a tight grip on schemes and style of play. What Fiz is doing is creating very bad habits. They become harder and harder to break away from once the become ingrained. Melo is probably the prime example of unable to adjust his game. This is going to happen to these young players. They need to be told what and how.

And FIZ said this himself, he specifically stated that these young guys are developing bad habits and they will be hard to break, and he has said this more than once or twice..IMO it was a shot a management

When he said I'm just going to let frank be frank and do whatever he is comfortable doing, In other words, im done trying to teach him how to be something he doesn't want to be, and i feel JH felt the same way..

ES
So nobody is accountable

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy