[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Now I definitely don’t want Kyrie on the Knicks.
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/19/2019  6:11 AM
After he had the nerve to announce that he called LeBron to apologize because he claims he knows how he feels. First and foremost, he just threw his entire team under the bus. I hope every Celtic legend walks up to his face and gives him a piece of their mind for that as well as his teammates and coaches. He needs to be humbled for that. Secondly, he does not know how LeBron feels. LeBron had a lousy team surrounding him! Hell, they were lousy before LeBron came when Kyrie was leading! Yet the Celtics made the ECF without Kyrie and Gordon Hayward!

This child has it ass-backwards right now, living on a different planet, and I’m not talking about how he’s better than everyone. He’s not.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
1/19/2019  1:14 PM
I don't want Kyrie either, but think it's ok he appeared to learn something about leadership. Apologizing is actually a good thing, even though he didn't handle things well with his teammates. Maybe this helps him become a good leader. Either way, he's injury-prone, defensively limited and doesn't "pass first" so hope we don't go after him no matter what...
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/19/2019  3:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2019  3:03 PM
I see this differently Allanfan...

I didn't see much BS in what he was saying. I think Brown and Tatum probably have growing up to do and I'm sure Rozier isn't having an easy time this season. I think kyrie grew up some but obviously not a lot. Yes, privacy is important, but the dude basically apologized for not doing enough after a 25+ and 18 assists... The Celtics are this weird blend of veteran and young and I think the roster struggles because it is too deep. But basically I saw a lot of truth to what he was saying. I prefer leaders who lead by example instead of flapping their yapper but I don't have a problem with that if what is said is true

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/19/2019  3:10 PM
if he wanted to apologize to Lebron so be it but should have kept it private

guy is throwing a pity party. Poor Kyrie got what he asked for to be the lead dog; he's having a tough time doing that and juggling his crappy acting career

pass...

we need guys who are all about winning and this team

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/19/2019  4:12 PM
I don't want nothing to do with Kyrie or anyone else who doesn't play defense and had low IQ. I think Boston is better without him though, most teams would be. Her can apologize to LeBron all he wants but he should rather focus on learning from LeBron, about how to make others on the team better and how to take losing personally. Now, he has gotten better than before, but he ain't no leader.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/19/2019  10:13 PM
Anyone who has traveled internationally for career as well as personal trips and feels the Earth is flat should not be on the Knicks radar
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/20/2019  7:22 AM
He is an incredibly talented player. He says some things in public that he shouldn’t. The only reason I wouldn’t want him on the Knicks is because of his health issues. He is going to get a max deal, is getting older, and he already has a bad history with injuries. He would be a huge get for any team in free agency willing to bet on his health.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/20/2019  9:46 AM
CrushAlot wrote:He is an incredibly talented player. He says some things in public that he shouldn’t. The only reason I wouldn’t want him on the Knicks is because of his health issues. He is going to get a max deal, is getting older, and he already has a bad history with injuries. He would be a huge get for any team in free agency willing to bet on his health.

But your willing to Max out KP who hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy or the stamina to play more than 2 months without complaining of fatigue.

Some of You guys seem to call out other players for their short comings and flaws, but seem to make an excuse when it comes to knick players (the ones we drafted) for their same flaws and shortcomings.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/20/2019  9:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:He is an incredibly talented player. He says some things in public that he shouldn’t. The only reason I wouldn’t want him on the Knicks is because of his health issues. He is going to get a max deal, is getting older, and he already has a bad history with injuries. He would be a huge get for any team in free agency willing to bet on his health.

But your willing to Max out KP who hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy or the stamina to play more than 2 months without complaining of fatigue.

Some of You guys seem to call out other players for their short comings and flaws, but seem to make an excuse when it comes to knick players (the ones we drafted) for their same flaws and shortcomings.

26 year old max potential free agents vs. 19-20 year olds on rookie contracts.
Also if reference to KP we do know his flaws and short comings but so does every other GM and thus there is no magic trade to make.
Some of us also understand Knick management have tough decisions to make and our job easy. We get to second guess them.
They understand better that trading KP does not guarantee success also.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/20/2019  9:54 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

If they had the opportunity to sign Kyrie I think the Knicks would and should. His health is the risk, not stupid stuff he says. The Knicks have to resign KP as well. What would you do?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/20/2019  10:09 AM
Does Kyrie take us over the top? His offensive numbers are great especially this season. It's a little concerning to me that Boston hasn't taken a leap forward, perhaps a step in the opposite direction. With the injury risk, it's hard to say it's worth handing out the max. I wouldn't be upset if we did land him but it's far from a home run.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/20/2019  10:25 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

If they had the opportunity to sign Kyrie I think the Knicks would and should. His health is the risk, not stupid stuff he says. The Knicks have to resign KP as well. What would you do?

I would sign KP, and forget about bringing in KD or Irving, the roster has way too many holes for you to sign one player with all your cap space.

You Can't sign a super star(especially those who have won rings) with this roster and think your not going to get the same kind of talk

I would sign legit starters who FIT whatever style FIZ wants to play

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/20/2019  11:54 AM
Kyrie wouldn't be my first pick in UFA but I will be fine if he's the choice. He might have the best handle in the league, he's 26, he's already left his team once, and we need to commit to a point
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/21/2019  10:04 AM
I don’t love my stars on a personal level. My respect for Lebron or Jordan was only what they did on the court. I have not bought basketball shoes in 3 decades. I don’t and never bought another mans jersey.
KP has acted like. Petulant child at times but drafted rookies (This is for you Rainman)are like kids and you give them more room to grow. Kyrie is not my favorite but he is passionate about winning and has the talent.
Nalod as not a Melo fan before he became a knick but the man’s talent was there and I had my hopes. My biggest issue with Melo was how the fans held him to an impossible standard given the talent around him and he did little to back up his statements. Kyrie would make all around him better. Who we draft might be telling.
Kyrie might be an ass, Durant might be stand offish, Melo’s pubic marriage was a sham.......Namath was a womanizer, Ewing was selfish, Bernard King was a drunk........But what they did on the court mattered as a knick. True for any player not just stars.
Rookies get time to grow up. Stars need to create “moments”. If the team is to unable to suppport a star then its a starphuch. That’s been our history. Things seem different this time.
Now I definitely don’t want Kyrie on the Knicks.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy