[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Reasons to be cheerful pt. 4
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/17/2019  7:59 AM
What a sad lot we are. Our 19 year old still growing teenager hung 31 pets on 52% shooting and hardley a peep. A rookie.
Are there other troll’s on other teams not “damn, we should have taken knox over........”
Maybe?

Frank scored all his points going to the rim. Opened up the offense with penetration, blocked shots, made hustle plays and created the energy that bought the team back from big deficit.

In a year like this we look for these things. Two clear moments of play from players evolving.
I don’t know what Hornacek had Frank working on last year but its becoming more evident what Fiz wants him to do and we are patient (coaching staff) to give him the time to develop. All the things we talked about for years. some fans want evidence, this is it. Yoot is inconsistent no doubt.
Consistency has to start from that.

Add KP and the core is starting to form. Many changes to come. sometimes one has to look not at the grey sky but the small opening to remember the sky is blue.

We all saw the knicks lose a game to the Sixers. I saw Kevin knox hang 31pts on 52% and Frank scored 8 on drives. I saw a good game!!!

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/17/2019  8:21 AM
We all agree it will be hard. And it is.

Then on we sail
Never thinking that
The wind could ever fail
No-one gets to Heaven
Till they've lived a while in Hell
And even then it's rare
That you'll be going there

DIO Magica
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

1/17/2019  9:46 AM
Rainman aka AgendaBoy is sad that his timeline and the Knicks timeline don't coincide, as are some other fans I am sure.

The entire season is about developing yoots and getting that overall #1 pick...and it better be a good one.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
1/17/2019  10:39 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Rainman aka AgendaBoy is sad that his timeline and the Knicks timeline don't coincide, as are some other fans I am sure.

The entire season is about developing yoots and getting that overall #1 pick...and it better be a good one.

Soon we'll become reasonable about drafts and expectations. We have had so little experience the last 20 years. We boo the pick, exalt in summerleague then become despondent if not a rookie sensation and lament on picks we perceive to have been better.
Even While we are remorse about not drafting DMitchell, we are forgetting the names really in the mix were DSmith and Monk.
We caught a break with Mitchell Robinson. That's because of his draft position. If we took him at 15th we would label him a bust. Trier was a gift.
In one draft we broke most of norms for knick drafts!!! Yes, I hope it continues.
Knox is far from being a finished product, but halfway thru his rookie campaign he looks good.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/17/2019  12:38 PM
this is good news and thanks for reminding us

i'm greedy though and want to see more winning ways even if not winning. I worry we are reinforcing bad habits with a lot of ISO. And our defense is an epic mess in a literal sense -- some articles rating it among the worst since stats have been kept which is very worrisome given Fizzdale's supposed rep as a defense guy

It's darkest before the dawn -- so the saying goes

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/17/2019  12:42 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Rainman aka AgendaBoy is sad that his timeline and the Knicks timeline don't coincide, as are some other fans I am sure.

Soon we'll become reasonable about drafts and expectations. We have had so little experience the last 20 years. We boo the pick, exalt in summerleague then become despondent if not a rookie sensation and lament on picks we perceive to have been better.
Even While we are remorse about not drafting DMitchell, we are forgetting the names really in the mix were DSmith and Monk.
We caught a break with Mitchell Robinson. That's because of his draft position. If we took him at 15th we would label him a bust. Trier was a gift.
In one draft we broke most of norms for knick drafts!!! Yes, I hope it continues.
Knox is far from being a finished product, but halfway thru his rookie campaign he looks good.

Once again........
1. Phil is in Montana
2. No more F...king Tringle
3. We have a young good coach to help with a proper rebuild.
4. KP back next year.
5. Tank gets us another shot at the wishing well.
6. Knox showing to be a valid top 10 pick.
7. We have seen some good things from trial players. Maybe they stick.
8. Have some room to add a FA this summer.
9. Most important...Dolan focussing on jazz.

It will get better if we get some assets for Kanter, Lee or/and Vonleh and we clear some cap space by dealing Timmy and Lee.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
1/17/2019  12:50 PM
Chandler wrote:this is good news and thanks for reminding us

i'm greedy though and want to see more winning ways even if not winning. I worry we are reinforcing bad habits with a lot of ISO. And our defense is an epic mess in a literal sense -- some articles rating it among the worst since stats have been kept which is very worrisome given Fizzdale's supposed rep as a defense guy

It's darkest before the dawn -- so the saying goes

I agree with everything. But to not worry about current state and build from it is what we got.
League scoring is up across the board. It makes defense look epic negative. Iso thing one can hope is just the current state of development.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/17/2019  1:14 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Once again........
1. Phil is in Montana
4. KP back next year.

It will get better if we get some assets for Kanter, Lee or/and Vonleh and we clear some cap space by dealing Timmy and Lee.

10. And the current FO is slowly making sure we may even forget about #1 ever being here.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/18/2019  5:57 AM
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Once again........
1. Phil is in Montana
4. KP back next year.

10. And the current FO is slowly making sure we may even forget about #1 ever being here.

oh we have a reminder, we will be paying Noah for 2 more years

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/18/2019  9:01 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Once again........
1. Phil is in Montana
4. KP back next year.

And that's why we only have 16 wins since january of last yr..

I just the don't think any company can survive an owner that has no interest in his own company.

It's one thing if the owner stayed away and we were progressing real nicely..

The roster and the coaching staff has been a revolving door(like walmart on black friday) for the last 5 yrs. And this guy Steve Mills-AKA- HERB WILLIAMS, has survived every player, coach, gm, president, scout the knicks have employed and fired in the same time span.

Understand some of you are thrilled because he hasn't traded draft picks, but when thats the high light of your tenure..give me break

ES
Nalod
USA
1/18/2019  11:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2019  11:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Once again........
1. Phil is in Montana
4. KP back next year.

I just the don't think any company can survive an owner that has no interest in his own company.

The roster and the coaching staff has been a revolving door(like walmart on black friday) for the last 5 yrs. And this guy Steve Mills-AKA- HERB WILLIAMS, has survived every player, coach, gm, president, scout the knicks have employed and fired in the same time span.

Understand some of you are thrilled because he hasn't traded draft picks, but when thats the high light of your tenure..give me break

So you like where the knicks were in October of 2013?
Since your really indicting a bunch of posters here you should really say why?

"reasons to be cheerful"......The title of this thread. Until Rainman enters the room, pulls his pants down, takes a dump, then says....."It would be much better if it didn't stink in here".

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/18/2019  2:37 PM
Cause for concern...The motion on offense is non-existent.

I think its the players but I am wary of the scheme that Fiz has....because of what I am seeing.

Nalod
USA
1/18/2019  5:11 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Cause for concern...The motion on offense is non-existent.

I think its the players but I am wary of the scheme that Fiz has....because of what I am seeing.

10-34 there is the only evidence one needs to know there are many things wrong. Obviously.
Its shyt show for now.
There are more reasons for concern. You need a lot of things besides "Wins" to build on.
before you can build a team, chemistry and culture you need talent. That's all we are doing. In the talent acquisition stage.

Reasons to be cheerful? Maybe "reasons to not be toxic and miserable all the time" might be more like it.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/18/2019  7:22 PM
There are people here who want to trade Vonleh, but keep Mudiay. Can't fix stupid
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/18/2019  7:52 PM
People have to remember that the talent we do have is raw and thus flawed. Knox IS going to be an all star and his D will improve. If we can resign Vonleh we actually have a good defensive PF and C at all times on the court when KP comes back and good perimeter shooting at those spots. Dotson is coming on nicely. I still think Trier has potential to be scoring punch off the bench. Every team needs one of these to sub in when the second unit comes on or the team is in a scoring funk. Mudiay is showing value as a passer and scorer. He will probably be a very reasonable contract and may look better with KP to drop dimes to. We're going to have another good draft pick to build around that presumably will net us a starter.
nykshaknbake
1/18/2019  7:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Once again........
1. Phil is in Montana
4. KP back next year.

I don't think you understand how the NBA and especially salary cap works. In a nutshell big salaries rob you of flexability to make moves or sign marquee players. Sometimes you need a true restart before you can advance. The Knick way prior to this has been to take on ever increasing salary to fix bad signing after bad signing. This failed and always was going to fail.
nykshaknbake
1/18/2019  7:56 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:There are people here who want to trade Vonleh, but keep Mudiay. Can't fix stupid

What does this have to do with the OP, other than you want to insult people on this board?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/18/2019  9:28 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:There are people here who want to trade Vonleh, but keep Mudiay. Can't fix stupid

What does this have to do with the OP, other than you want to insult people on this board?

Also, the premise is wrong. No one that watches games would advocate for trading Vonleh if the Knicks could bring him back next year. But if you know his contract situation and what the Knicks can pay him versus other teams can pay him you would know that the Knicks almost surely lose him for nothing. Another good read from film school that explains the situation the Knicks are in https://knicksfilmschool.com/2019/01/17/why-the-knicks-should-trade-noah-vonleh/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

1/19/2019  1:56 AM
knicks1248 wrote:The roster and the coaching staff has been a revolving door(like walmart on black friday) for the last 5 yrs. And this guy Steve Mills-AKA- HERB WILLIAMS, has survived every player, coach, gm, president, scout the knicks have employed and fired in the same time span.

Steve Mills runs the business side of the Knicks franchise. This is an INSANELY hard job in professional sports.

Media
Marketing
Television
Sponsors
Brands
Agents
Players families
Relationships with big name college BB factories
Relationships with the networks.
Relationships with local politics
Advertising
PR damage control
Running interference between the GM and head coach and owner.

Mills became the de facto GM for a while because Phil Jackson had no clue on how to run a front office. Zero experience at it. At least Mills understood the nuances of the cap.

Sadly most losing teams are revolving doors, just how it works.

People really don't get why retreads or "legacies" are hard to move in professional sports. Because they have relationships in place. Many of you are still in the workforce. None of you have seen a legacy stay because of nepotism? Old ties? Old loyalties? Old favors owed?

Professional sports is run by men. Older men who have time invested in this sport. Loyalty is a huge ****ing deal here. The business side of any operation doesn't take the churn the same as the playing/coaching side.

You are not just asking to replace Mills, you are asking to replace EVERY RELATIONSHIP HE'S BUILT OVER THAT TIME.

Billy Beane started as a scout. Then he worked with Sandy Alderson who was generous enough to groom him. Much of that time was spent building relationships around the league.

Mills has the fortune of not running the Atlanta Hawks on the business side. That's an even tougher job. But Mills has it no easier than Brian Cashman ( even with massive resources, the expectations change, it's not any easier)

Nalod
USA
1/23/2019  4:48 PM
Part 4:
When Frank met Kris.....
Reasons to be cheerful pt. 4

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy