[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Twitter trade rumor - Frank & Tim for Dennis Smith & Wes Matthers
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/16/2019  2:48 PM
Who besides fans has said THjr contract is awful? Im not saying I am happy with his play but as I have said many times its not on him to carry the team. I think he would benefit from being on a better team. Dumb statement, what player isn't?

Triple makes a good point and does emphasize "IF". That is a logical scenario.
Nalod offers anyone not named Knox, Frank or KP to dallas with THjr's contract.

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

1/16/2019  3:46 PM
Nalod wrote:Who besides fans has said THjr contract is awful? Im not saying I am happy with his play but as I have said many times its not on him to carry the team. I think he would benefit from being on a better team. Dumb statement, what player isn't?

For THJ it's not the contract IMO; it's the position. Knox is supposed to be our SF. I think Timmy can play SG and I actually think the criticism against him at either position is way overblown. He's not option 1, and not paid to be option 1, and when we get more options on the floor he will be that much better

this deal won't happen without Frank though. Carlisle is looking for another defender. He already has at least two euros on his team and likes smart players

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/16/2019  3:59 PM
Nalod wrote:Who besides fans has said THjr contract is awful? Im not saying I am happy with his play but as I have said many times its not on him to carry the team. I think he would benefit from being on a better team. Dumb statement, what player isn't?

I've read quite a few "pundits" who think THJs is not good, for various reasons. I take most of their opinions with a grain of salt, but I generally agree with them. I don't think we should've splurged in a third or fourth option player when we have so many holes to fill. I agree that Timmy's deal may not be that bad compared to other deals, but it wasn't good for us. Heck, we still have Lee on the roster and cheaper, slightly more versatile free agent in Holiday we could bring back. The signing didn't even make sense from a roster construction standpoint.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/16/2019  6:46 PM
Awful trade for bull**** players, may just go through. Another one dimensional, low IQ no defense chucker. Has Fizdale wet his pants already?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/16/2019  8:05 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Why would the Knicks want DSmith Jr? He is not that good. He plays no D and does not pass.

Shipping out Hardaway makes sense and should be done if possible. Dotson and Trier can take over.

Because it might not boil down to actually wanting DSJr.

If and it's a BIG IF, the Knicks assess that they won't resign Frank N after his 4th year, then the worst option tree is letting DSJr walk after his 4th year ( with the upside he might do something more in a change of scenery) PLUS getting out of THJrs unpleasant contract. Versus letting Frank N walk and still having to deal with THJrs contract.

It's less about wanting DSJr ( though there is some prospect fatigue that the front office might work around) and more about their assessment long term of Frank N.

My take is Frank N just doesn't want to be a Knick and is intentionally grinding his game down to a near halt to get traded. He's a Euro player and this is how Euro players show their discontentment to move on.

DSJr has talent upside ( he can play above the rim, quite a bit so) in a raw sense but is sort of a bonehead. He's got a lot of bad seed to him which is why I suspect Dallas wants to move on. Also if Carlisle can't fix you, then you've got too much ******* in you to be fixed. Carlisle found a way to civilize Farouq Aminu without using medieval torture, so that's a feat of coaching there.

The "push" here is how much Carlisle thinks he can get Frank N going. Dallas is rumored to always have liked Frank N.

One consolation is at least DSJr can sometimes get to the rim without falling down.

Interesting theory on Frank. I do think he has looked better and more aggressive on offense in recent games. I saw a stat that said he had the most drives to the rim in his nba career against the Sixers on Sunday. Hopefully the Knicks are patient with Frank.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
1/16/2019  8:58 PM
Somebody asked who lives in dallas??? Me...me...me

Who said they wouldve picked Dennis Smith jr in the draft? me. me. me

Would I do this trade?.....mmmmm yes

I'm not a big fan of THj.....I dont think Frank's value would ever reach knick fans expectations. At least I wont hear anymore crying about frank. I think this city needs a motivated Dennis Smith jr who plays above the rim....Reminds me of marbury...and Mathews who understands his vet backup role.

But I think we should get more than what dallas is asking. THj is a young star. Frank still has loads of potential. But this makes room for a big free agent.. And removes some of the glut at the guard positions. Mathews is a bench player.....Dennis Smith is also a bench player. This is another reset move....

Smith is still young and plays as much defense as THj. But hes younger with upside. And still has trade value. Hes the face of dallas all over these posters at the gym I play at.

It's not a huge trade. Feels like something to do to get fans excited again. or to set up for a future trade package. It's a low risk move....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
wargames
Member: #6053

1/16/2019  9:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Why would the Knicks want DSmith Jr? He is not that good. He plays no D and does not pass.

Shipping out Hardaway makes sense and should be done if possible. Dotson and Trier can take over.

If and it's a BIG IF, the Knicks assess that they won't resign Frank N after his 4th year, then the worst option tree is letting DSJr walk after his 4th year ( with the upside he might do something more in a change of scenery) PLUS getting out of THJrs unpleasant contract. Versus letting Frank N walk and still having to deal with THJrs contract.

It's less about wanting DSJr ( though there is some prospect fatigue that the front office might work around) and more about their assessment long term of Frank N.

My take is Frank N just doesn't want to be a Knick and is intentionally grinding his game down to a near halt to get traded. He's a Euro player and this is how Euro players show their discontentment to move on.

DSJr has talent upside ( he can play above the rim, quite a bit so) in a raw sense but is sort of a bonehead. He's got a lot of bad seed to him which is why I suspect Dallas wants to move on. Also if Carlisle can't fix you, then you've got too much ******* in you to be fixed. Carlisle found a way to civilize Farouq Aminu without using medieval torture, so that's a feat of coaching there.

The "push" here is how much Carlisle thinks he can get Frank N going. Dallas is rumored to always have liked Frank N.

One consolation is at least DSJr can sometimes get to the rim without falling down.

Interesting theory on Frank. I do think he has looked better and more aggressive on offense in recent games. I saw a stat that said he had the most drives to the rim in his nba career against the Sixers on Sunday. Hopefully the Knicks are patient with Frank.

He looked pretty damn good in that 76er game. He was more aggressive and had some great dimes.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/16/2019  10:54 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Frank intentionally sabotaging his game to get off the Knicks! Conspiracy theory of the month!

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/16/2019  10:55 PM
well it's a twitter trade rumor...fact is that to get rid of THJr's contract to make room for July, we are going to have to trade one asset, unless Perry pulls another rabbit out of the hat.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
1/17/2019  7:36 AM
Frank scored all his points going to the rim. First time I have seen that all year.
IT opened up more passes.
First game back in like 10 days due to injury.
That grinding to get traded?
Is that really a euro thing or what many players do?
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/17/2019  8:18 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Frank intentionally sabotaging his game to get off the Knicks! Conspiracy theory of the month!

Triplefraud strikes again!

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/17/2019  9:30 AM
Perry and Fiz does not look to me as a people who easily give up.
So expect Frank to be a Knicks for next season.
This will make it definite on what he is as an NBA player.
Timmy will became expiring after next season and this is a good timing for us.
So I am not sure why anyone will be concern on moving him.
This and next season are meaningless as far as win/loss results so why bother about moving exceptional tank commander?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/17/2019  9:48 AM
arkrud wrote:Perry and Fiz does not look to me as a people who easily give up.
This and next season are meaningless as far as win/loss results so why bother about moving exceptional tank commander?

copyright arkrud

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/17/2019  10:15 AM
I feel DSJ has just as much potential as Frank and a lower floor. Frank's value right now is a 2nd rounder or very late 1st rounder. About what you would pay to ditch an albatross contract like THJ who is a net minus player. So this is a great deal for us. Unlikely Dallas sees it as a great deal for them.
Nalod
USA
1/17/2019  10:30 AM
arkrud wrote:Perry and Fiz does not look to me as a people who easily give up.

We are about 7 mm short of ability to sign Durant. Lets pretend that this is a high probability.
My first choice is to trade Whose deal is smaller and one year beyond this and a sweetner not a pick or anyone named Frank, Kevin or Kris. Might even say IsoZo.
As a fan I don't have the value pegged on Timmy. Seems we feed off each other and in disgust will trde frank because "he I not doing much now anyway". This might make the average or below average fan happy at the moment given we are prone to instant gradification.
While Frank is not what we have hoped thus far I didn't suffer all these years to not trade picks to give up on a kid that really has NBA ability and feel for the game but physically was undeveloped to take on the development. We drafted him and can't undo that. Thus, what is he as an asset in his second season with a second coach at age 20 at this very moment and going forward.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/17/2019  10:51 AM
blkexec wrote:Somebody asked who lives in dallas??? Me...me...me

Who said they wouldve picked Dennis Smith jr in the draft? me. me. me

Would I do this trade?.....mmmmm yes

I'm not a big fan of THj.....I dont think Frank's value would ever reach knick fans expectations. At least I wont hear anymore crying about frank. I think this city needs a motivated Dennis Smith jr who plays above the rim....Reminds me of marbury...and Mathews who understands his vet backup role.

That doesn't get me excited. Also, I think Marbury had a better understanding of the PG position at the same age and was a better defender. DSJ, as he is now is not a winning player on a contending team. He will need just as much patience as Frank, albeit for different reasons.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
1/17/2019  12:03 PM
I think the expectation of DSmith was his offensive game was more polished and NBA ready.
Smith might see his trajectory as a starting NBA player and since shyt happens, like Luka, he is best to request a trade as well.
Luka is special, Smith has yet to show that. Kid is good and might blossom under a different scenario.
Might be under Fiz. Who knows.
We don't know are knicks still high on Frank or just trying to make the best of the situation for now?
If im a coach, im feeling pretty good about Franks game sunday vs. the sixers. Not a breakout "angels sing" moment but all his points on penetrations and high energy defense some hustle. That has to be gratifying for any coach.
Mavs and Knicks, frank and smith are really hard to contrast and compare.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/17/2019  4:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2019  4:55 PM

"Tim MacMahon: “Dennis Smith Jr., the Mavericks are trying hard to trade him, and the problem is, everybody in the league knows that they’re desperately trying to move him, and it’s really hard to get value–“ Brian Windhorst: “And [teams] have known for weeks. You’ve had a couple of stories about it recently, but you knew before that, too.” MacMahon: “It was just kind of known around the league, ‘Hey, the Mavs are shopping Dennis Smith Jr.’ And it’s intensified. But clearly, there’s not an offer they like, because he’s still on the roster, just not at the arena. His mysterious back injury healed, and now he’s ‘sick’.”
– via ESPN

Top Rumors, Trade, Dennis Smith, Dallas Mavericks
Storyline: Dennis Smith Trade?
Tim MacMahon: “This is not a situation–[Dennis Smith Jr.] has not been banished from the Mavericks. This is not a case of the Mavericks saying, ‘Hey, stay home, we’re trying to trade you, we don’t want you to get hurt.’ This is a case of Dennis Smith Jr. deciding, ‘I’m done here, let’s get a trade going, I don’t want to play.'”
– via ESPN

Trade, Dennis Smith, Dallas Mavericks "

The league knows the Mavs want to trade Smith. No way do you give up Frankie for him. Low ball the Mavs and hope you get him on the cheap.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Nalod
USA
1/17/2019  5:15 PM
If true he put the Mav's in a bind. Must be Mills fault
Not very professional but if you going to sulk and put the towel on your head then maybe best to stay home.
Other than he being drafted 9th I don't know about his value in the present tense. We don't know what Dallas wants/needs in return. Im sure they want a first rounder.
Boston should swoop in and grab him for a late first rounder. That's might be his value. Pair him on a strong team might be how you pull him up. They want Timmy? How about Mudiay? For Matthews and Ssmith?
Throwing pasta on the wall here. That's all.
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

1/18/2019  5:23 AM
Interesting, Now it is being reported that DSJ will not be with the Mavs on their 2 game road trip. I think Dallas is out of the 8th spot right now.
How can Dallas not find a place for 2nd year DSJ, just because the rookie Luka is great with the ball? To me, this is making DSJ look like a very poor piece.
An out of the playoffs (most likely) young team, who can't find a place for a ball dominant guard. Oh wait
I MUCH prefer Frank on this team.
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
Twitter trade rumor - Frank & Tim for Dennis Smith & Wes Matthers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy