[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lebitch "Millenial" James
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

1/15/2019  4:07 PM
GOAT he said? Maybe on a farm!

KAJ, Bill Russell, Jordan, Kobe, Duncan and maybe even Bird would beg to differ.
Which GOAT on which basketball team ever got swept in the NBA finals?

Hell even Allen Iverson got a win against the loaded Lakers Team back in 2000, 2001.
And the audacity of calling yourself the GOAT? That is more of a LAMB move (Lame Antsy Millenial Baller).

Even in the video where he said it you can see the dude to his left shaking his head incredulously like "this mf right here"

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/15/2019  4:50 PM
Jordan had retrospective after he retired. He also was very polished to protect his brand and not create controversy.
Lebron don't play that.
Lebron after 8 or nine straight finals and what he did to what was perhaps the best team of all time?
GSW had won 73 games and broke the record. Lebron was amazing that series. Sorry if it bothers anyone. Im not a LeBron "fan" per se but that series was straight up amazing. Russell with celts was perhaps the best "Team". Wilt was statistically off the charts. Jordan as 6 in and out with a top deputy Pippen is on the mt rushmore.
Lebron in that moment, in that series after all those trips to the finals he said at that time he felt like he was the GOAT. Just saying it without humility will attract heat. If you hate him, you push back. If you love him, you agree. If like me your on the fence I don't have a problem with it when I hear the context of the interview and how it was presented. I know what I saw that series and who GSW was at that time. they had just had the best record of ALLTIME. Lebron was by far the difference maker in that series. Lakers had Kareem, and Magic, and HOF worthy......
Lebron had Kyrie and Love. I guess Love was healthy that series?
Kudo's to LeBron for his "Shut up and Dribble" and his pushback on status quo. It was another time and place but Jordan once said "republicans also buy sneakers". He is an NBA owner and has to keep things in line as not to upset his southern conservative fan base. Politics and Arenas owned with public funding are not so easy to manage!
And phuch isiah Thomas!!!!! That snake charmer lousy sac of shyt got no cred in my book. Dude needed an ambulance after trying to off himself on pills then said it was his daughter that needed it. What kind of sorry ass man does that?
Lebron is not perfect. Guys like him, Jordan, kobe have superiority complexes and damn good reasons for them!!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/15/2019  8:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2019  8:55 PM
I don't understand the problem....he said, at that moment he felt like he was the GOAT....Lebron, unlike Kobe and Jordan is playing in the all-access generation...He is giving the viewers a look inside of his mind at the time...I'm sure Kobe and Jordan have told friends that they believe they are the GOAT...
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/15/2019  9:01 PM
Cartman718 wrote:GOAT he said? Maybe on a farm!

KAJ, Bill Russell, Jordan, Kobe, Duncan and maybe even Bird would beg to differ.
Which GOAT on which basketball team ever got swept in the NBA finals?

Hell even Allen Iverson got a win against the loaded Lakers Team back in 2000, 2001.
And the audacity of calling yourself the GOAT? That is more of a LAMB move (Lame Antsy Millenial Baller).

Even in the video where he said it you can see the dude to his left shaking his head incredulously like "this mf right here"

Not sure why you'd care or feel this strongly about this either way.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/15/2019  9:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2019  9:39 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Not sure why you'd care or feel this strongly about this either way.

I think the objection (if i may put it in my terms) was that "LeBitch" (Who i believe the author is using as an allegory for LeBron James) was putting himself into context in a similar fashion to the majority of millenials (defined loosely as those in born between the mid 1990s and the early 2000s) always trying to put themselves into situations before they have accomplished all of the hard work required to get there.

Perhaps the author has had outside interactions with millenials to help to prove his assertion. Two or three examples would suffice. But we aren't here to grade his exposition. I believe the spirit of his post was simply that .... well... LeBron is a bitch.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/16/2019  12:33 AM
Labron is not a Knick so I do not care who he is.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/16/2019  10:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2019  10:26 AM
You don't have to love or hate Lebron. Just state facts. Not just one great Finals.

Russell: 11 ****ing rings. 8 IN A ROW. He stepped into the league and won immediately with a Celtics team (including Bob Cousy) that couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs. He made everyone on his team better. Debate that. Better yet, read anything his teammates actually wrote about him. And while you're at it, explain how LeQ could coach his way out of an AAU tournament.

Jordan: Gets to Finals, wins Finals. He ever flop? MOFO won in big spots looking like he was dying from the flue. Please spare me the Scottie Pippen crutch argument. What did Scottie HOF accomplish without MJ? Fake migraines on the bench? LeQ orchestrates teams with DWade, Uncle Drew, etc and still loses. MJ wins with the likes of the Worm and Bill Cartwright.

Bird: Somewhere, he's laughing at LeQ's jumper.

Kobe: wins with Shaq, wins without Shaq. What's the LeQ's comparison? Wins with DWade, wins with Kyrie and Love.

GOAT the Fuck OUT. This is laughable.

He is a great player. Maybe he's slightly greater than Wilt.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/16/2019  10:28 AM
Lebron James is a great player. There are many on here that like to hate on any great players not a Knick. Fair enough. Fact is, LBJ is probably the best all around basketball player of all time. When it comes to GOAT, that can be argued all day. Think there is Plenty of support for MJ and even Kobe. Not a fan of putting Wilt or Russel up there. They played in an era with a whole bunch of average guys in tight shorts who had side gigs at the local factories.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/16/2019  10:55 AM
He's definitely in the running, but he's also a particularly insecure egomaniac and extroverted about such (which is a real turn off "The King" c,mon man grow up)

I'm also convinced he's on PEDs including HGH (waist and jaw are definitely consistent with that, as are side delts)

I would place Russell, Bird and Magic before him. Only saw clips of Russell but got my fill of Bird and Magic. though it sucked seeing them on other teams that was truly beautiful basketball with guys consistently making their teammates better (and not insecure bitches)

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/16/2019  11:20 AM
Chandler wrote:He's definitely in the running, but he's also a particularly insecure egomaniac and extroverted about such (which is a real turn off "The King" c,mon man grow up)

I'm also convinced he's on PEDs including HGH (waist and jaw are definitely consistent with that, as are side delts)

I would place Russell, Bird and Magic before him. Only saw clips of Russell but got my fill of Bird and Magic. though it sucked seeing them on other teams that was truly beautiful basketball with guys consistently making their teammates better (and not insecure bitches)

Russell was great but hard to quantify his individual talent because he was part of great teams. Talent and coaching all were amazing and he was at the epicenter of it. Two NCAA chips and what he did as a black man in a hateful world was amazing. Magic was blessed to also have two HOF players with him and great array of role players. Bird too. I firmly believe each generation has their goats and with time each generation is bigger and stronger. Wilt had a crazy vertical leap at his height! He was a track star and amazing athlete. Statistically from the mean the greatest player of all time. Stats are not everything. Kareem transformed the game as well. All these guys are firm on MT rushmore of greatness.
Pistol Pete might be the greatest fundamental player ever. But he did play on great teams.
In the modern era if Lebron is roided so was Jordan. To me Lebron is a better individual force. He carried his teams and did it longer. That's not taking anything away from Jordan. he won 6 chips in 8 years. Lebron carried a larger load and thus does not have the chips. I also think Bulls did not have an adversary to compete with them at the time. They walked thru most of their runs. Knicks gave them a hard time. Out west they blew it out. Lakers and Celtics were worthy rivals. Some teams like the knicks were just unfortunate to have the bulls in their way. GSW in the is era to me has not had a rival.
Makes what Lebron did in Clev very special. Self anointment is rarely seen as a good thing and thus his comment drew ire. No doubt if not a fan of Lebron saying that does not endear him!!!
Jordan has a dark side we don't know about. His sabbatical about Roids? Gambling? Nervous breakdown? Weird. The second coming of him with and winning 72 games was impressive as hell. HOF Rodman was very beneficial and they way that team conducted itself was awesome.
Nalod respects both Jordan and Lebron. As a fan I learned to enjoy their greatness.

My rushmore has Wilt, Russ, Kareem, Jordan and Lebron. Bird and Magic are close with Oscar, kobe and Shaq as my next five. Some how Jerry West deserves to be on that next tier. The man even before wilt came to LA carried the Lakers to the finals were the Celtics awaited them.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

1/16/2019  1:51 PM
Nalod wrote:Jordan had retrospective after he retired. He also was very polished to protect his brand and not create controversy.
Lebron don't play that.

A celebrity's "Q Rating" is a measure of his brand value to the public given the current time and place. It also measures the name reach of said person. I.E. many people in the world have no idea about boxing or basketball, but know the names Michael Jordan or Muhammad Ali.

One strategy to keep your rating up is to strategically release things that will generate press buzz at intervals. Since LBJ won't be going to the Finals anytime soon, he doesn't have that anymore to use. Also he can't backdoor **** on his front office like the Cavs for press because he would be ****ing with Magic Johnson and that won't happen ever in the NBA.

No secret, he wants Klutch Sports to be a fully rounded representation agency. Actors, writers, musicians, athletes, etc. This is the negative fallout of Roc Nation. Everyone wants to be the next Jay Z. This is why he won't shut up. Ever. To prove he can keep the marketing machine rolling. The problem though is internally, in various other entertainment industries, they know Rich Paul is a total ****ing idiot. They also know LBJ is pretty much brain dead. He's just really stupid. He is however protected by the networks and brands, which exhaustively have to clean up his ****.

LBJ wants you to talk about him about anything other than winning rings, since he's not going to likely win those anytime soon.

Wannabe Jay Z dumbass.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/16/2019  2:12 PM
I think he's a victim of semantic over-analysis.
Consider that the comment was in a live interview.

What if he said instead: "In that finals series, with the same team around me, I don't think ANYONE [in the history of the NBA] could have played better. Not Michael, not Kobe, not Duncan, Wilt, no-one."

I think that's the gist of it. He felt he had reached the pinnacle - that no one could do basketball better. No self-doubt about making the right plays or making missing shots. No one to answer to (at least when it comes to basketball!). That's the feeling of pure self-confidence and being in the moment.

This probably changed him as a man - hasn't he been more outspoken publicly since then?

This is what John Coltrane would have described as being in the pocket or in the flow state.
https://books.google.com/books?id=Pa1cDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA231&lpg=PA231&dq=what+is+the+alpha+state+john+coltrane&source=bl&ots=yqPNFLdNeX&sig=wYmNmCKfFzrTpyBs4VQjUhtQ8_k&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi07oHX__LfAhURwlkKHc_4DScQ6AEwA3oECAQQAQ#v=onepage&q=what%20is%20the%20alpha%20state%20john%20coltrane&f=false

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/16/2019  2:36 PM
If you have to tell everyone that you are the GOAT. You're not.
Cartman718

1/16/2019  4:39 PM
Sambakick wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Not sure why you'd care or feel this strongly about this either way.

I think the objection (if i may put it in my terms) was that "LeBitch" (Who i believe the author is using as an allegory for LeBron James) was putting himself into context in a similar fashion to the majority of millenials (defined loosely as those in born between the mid 1990s and the early 2000s) always trying to put themselves into situations before they have accomplished all of the hard work required to get there.

Perhaps the author has had outside interactions with millenials to help to prove his assertion. Two or three examples would suffice. But we aren't here to grade his exposition. I believe the spirit of his post was simply that .... well... LeBron is a bitch.

Exactly, not sure about majority, but definitely a substantial number.
LeBitch is such a crybaby, as other posters have referenced...insecure as well. Do you guys remember him threatening Cleveland to make some moves in the season right after they beat the 73 win team?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

1/16/2019  4:40 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:If you have to tell everyone that you are the GOAT. You're not.

Bingo

Cartman718

1/16/2019  4:43 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Lebron James is a great player. There are many on here that like to hate on any great players not a Knick. Fair enough. Fact is, LBJ is probably the best all around basketball player of all time. When it comes to GOAT, that can be argued all day. Think there is Plenty of support for MJ and even Kobe. Not a fan of putting Wilt or Russel up there. They played in an era with a whole bunch of average guys in tight shorts who had side gigs at the local factories.

GOATs have absolutely ruthless killer instinct that shines in clutch finals moments...Lebron...fades away. How many attempts at winning rings and how many successes again?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/16/2019  7:07 PM
Sambakick wrote:

R O F L

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/16/2019  7:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2019  7:14 PM
Sambakick wrote:

I don't particularly care about any of that. I just think that it is ridiculous to see people get so emotional about something that has no real impact on anyone's life. If you object to LeBron's comment, present a counterargument. But to go out of your way to demonize the man and make derogatory comments about someone you don't personally know, seems to be...immature- to put it mildly. Laws and the comfort of sitting behind a computer screen are the only reasons any of you feel bold enough to unjustly call a 6"8' and 250lbs physical specimen out of his name because you disagree with him. Keep that in mind.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/16/2019  8:13 PM
There will be other great players. It’s a generational thing.
Cartman718

1/16/2019  10:51 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

I don't particularly care about any of that. I just think that it is ridiculous to see people get so emotional about something that has no real impact on anyone's life. If you object to LeBron's comment, present a counterargument. But to go out of your way to demonize the man and make derogatory comments about someone you don't personally know, seems to be...immature- to put it mildly. Laws and the comfort of sitting behind a computer screen are the only reasons any of you feel bold enough to unjustly call a 6"8' and 250lbs physical specimen out of his name because you disagree with him. Keep that in mind.

You don't have to get emotional if you don't want to. I think it's ridiculous that you felt the need to question me on why I felt strongly. Don't worry about my motives. I did present a counterargument which was evident from the videos and the follow up posts, but if you couldn't fathom the counterargument, then best to stay away lol

Demonize....? Pray tell WHERE I demonized him. Sounds like you are trying to demonize me by using words like demonize. He's a bitch, calling him a bitch doesn't demonize him. Ballers who do lots of good things in life can still be bitches because of their egomaniacal ways.

I honestly don't care if he is 6'8 250, 7'8 350 or 5'8 150...he's still Lebitch "Millenial" James. As far as any of us feeling bold enough to say things about him because we are behind a computer screen or because of laws...the computer screen...dont care...would say it to his face not that he'd care about my opinion. As far as laws...well duh yeah this is America, not 1940s Gestapo Poland. I am sure he expresses his thoughts with the same freedom as opposed to how he would in oppressed Poland. As do you, unless you don't live in this country?

More importantly, why do you care about my feeling strongly or mildly about someone who's not close to you, or is he?

Lebitch "Millenial" James

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy