[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knox leading by example AKA MELO
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/13/2019  5:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2019  5:56 PM
Knox is the perfect example of a a team that is developing bad habits at an alarming rate,

In the last 6 games 80 shot attempts and just 5 assist..Today he played 44 minutes and didn't collect 1 assist.(he scored 31 points in a lost AKA melo)

This wasn't a case of his passing the ball and guys were missing shots (that happen once) this is straight tunnel vision.

I can't entirely blame knox either when your coach instructs you to be aggressive and look to score whenever you get the rock.

This is the kind of low IQ developing that's going on here. I never see him set screens for his teammates, in fact, he's not really engaged if the ball isn't coming to him, he gets rebounds and flies down court for a one on one every time.

the whole team has the same mind frame and this is one of the worst habits to pick up has a young player. Your not going to win that way, like ever, that's selfish hero basketball.

KLAY THOMAS SCORED 43 POINTS AND TOOK 4 FCKNG DRIBBLES THE ENTIRE GAME..there was a screen for him EVERYWHERE, from everyone,.. it was beautiful basketball...and on the other end of the court it was all one on one ISO's, quick "first open shot available" bricks..

How can you say FIZ is doing a good job when this type of play is pretty damn routine

ES
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/13/2019  6:04 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/13/2019  6:49 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Knox is the perfect example of a a team that is developing bad habits at an alarming rate,

In the last 6 games 80 shot attempts and just 5 assist..Today he played 44 minutes and didn't collect 1 assist.(he scored 31 points in a lost AKA melo)

This wasn't a case of his passing the ball and guys were missing shots (that happen once) this is straight tunnel vision.

I can't entirely blame knox either when your coach instructs you to be aggressive and look to score whenever you get the rock.

This is the kind of low IQ developing that's going on here. I never see him set screens for his teammates, in fact, he's not really engaged if the ball isn't coming to him, he gets rebounds and flies down court for a one on one every time.

the whole team has the same mind frame and this is one of the worst habits to pick up has a young player. Your not going to win that way, like ever, that's selfish hero basketball.

KLAY THOMAS SCORED 43 POINTS AND TOOK 4 FCKNG DRIBBLES THE ENTIRE GAME..there was a screen for him EVERYWHERE, from everyone,.. it was beautiful basketball...and on the other end of the court it was all one on one ISO's, quick "first open shot available" bricks..

How can you say FIZ is doing a good job when this type of play is pretty damn routine

Porzingis and Knox are black holes, better draft someone that can pass the ball

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/13/2019  7:09 PM
It’s all dependent on PG play. Sign Rubio this summer and it changes everything.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/13/2019  8:15 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Knox is the perfect example of a a team that is developing bad habits at an alarming rate,

Frank is the PG we need and have. He looks to setup his players.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/13/2019  9:50 PM

Frank could very well become the PG we want and today's game was an encouraging sign, but if we cannot ship out THJr...its all moot. Porzingis and Knox, yes definitely very few assists, would I rather have them shoot than THJr, absolutely. Knox is yet to fill out his frame and KP himself is getting stronger, I think the assists will come for both as they get told by coaching staff to pass out of double teams. Knox is very fast on the floor and typically leading the pack when he's going one on one...he doesn't have anyone to pass to. I do wish he would do a turn around and pass to someone on the arc.

THJr is the player who he is...I don't expect improvements. He's like a poor man's Eric Gordon, I'd rather have Gordon.

Coming back to Knox, he is inconsistent on the passing, but he definitely has the confidence to score. Last year, KP always had a consistent scorer next to him in Kanter, who's going to take up the scoring next year. Assuming we are able to get rid of THJr and Kanter is obviously gone, Knox will be able to help.

The ball-sharing...maybe a focal point of feedback during exit interview from coach and FO.

"the whole team has the same mind frame and this is one of the worst habits to pick up has a young player. Your not going to win that way, like ever, that's selfish hero basketball."

We had 24 assists with no Burke, no THJr, no Kanter in the game. If we play like this, I am ok with whatever losses we get. Your declaration about whole team having the same mind frame is completely wrong. Did you even watch the game?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/13/2019  9:58 PM
Hopefully Knox develops his handle enough to the point that the coaches decide to “torture him” by making him play PG... much like how Kidd did with the Greek Freak. Doing that in the summer league would be a great way to have him expand his game.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/14/2019  12:21 AM

One baby is criticizing another baby...
Don't cry, your toys will be fine. Parents will give you some new too...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2019  8:18 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

Frank could very well become the PG we want and today's game was an encouraging sign, but if we cannot ship out THJr...its all moot. Porzingis and Knox, yes definitely very few assists, would I rather have them shoot than THJr, absolutely. Knox is yet to fill out his frame and KP himself is getting stronger, I think the assists will come for both as they get told by coaching staff to pass out of double teams. Knox is very fast on the floor and typically leading the pack when he's going one on one...he doesn't have anyone to pass to. I do wish he would do a turn around and pass to someone on the arc.

THJr is the player who he is...I don't expect improvements. He's like a poor man's Eric Gordon, I'd rather have Gordon.

Coming back to Knox, he is inconsistent on the passing, but he definitely has the confidence to score. Last year, KP always had a consistent scorer next to him in Kanter, who's going to take up the scoring next year. Assuming we are able to get rid of THJr and Kanter is obviously gone, Knox will be able to help.

The ball-sharing...maybe a focal point of feedback during exit interview from coach and FO.

"the whole team has the same mind frame and this is one of the worst habits to pick up has a young player. Your not going to win that way, like ever, that's selfish hero basketball."

We had 24 assists with no Burke, no THJr, no Kanter in the game. If we play like this, I am ok with whatever losses we get. Your declaration about whole team having the same mind frame is completely wrong. Did you even watch the game?

I don’t expect Timmy to be much better but as I have said before I expect the knicks to be and if he is the 3rd or 4th option his efficiency should improve. Timmy is the best player on this team right now. That’s not saying much. He is not paid like a star either. Let’s not pretend he is preventing this team from being better. He makes 18mm, top FA’s will command 32mm.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/14/2019  9:05 AM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I don’t expect Timmy to be much better but as I have said before I expect the knicks to be and if he is the 3rd or 4th option his efficiency should improve. Timmy is the best player on this team right now. That’s not saying much. He is not paid like a star either. Let’s not pretend he is preventing this team from being better. He makes 18mm, top FA’s will command 32mm.

+1 this is exactly right.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/14/2019  10:56 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Wr did, but we would rather play Mudiay

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

1/14/2019  11:01 AM

BTW - I agree fully, Rainman

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/14/2019  11:08 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

the team isn't selfish, they all pass the ball, but the passes lead to ISO's, franks passes don't lead to easy buckets, they lead to a guys taking a tough one on one shots. The entire team does this..

There are times you shouldn't be passing, and this team has a hard time distinguishing that

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2019  11:10 AM
Klay plays with three other allstars. Two are going to the HOF. Klay might also.
If your trying to provide contrast to prove a point its kind of shot sighted.
Knox at age 19 is halfway thru his rookie campaign and plays with timmy, Mudiay, Vonleh and Enes/Kornet. Great comparison.
I either think Im smarter than the collective coaching staff of the knicks or as a fan try to understand what is going on. I tend to think the lack of talent and pending roster changes lend itself to not playing a disciplined system. It complicates the game and young players frustrate easy, especially those on very short term deals. This is what coaches do sometimes. They dumb it down. Its not pretty and I think Fiz did try to install something but it did not work.
So I either believe in the Knick coaches or Rainman.
meloshouldgo

1/14/2019  11:27 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

the team isn't selfish, they all pass the ball, but the passes lead to ISO's, franks passes don't lead to easy buckets, they lead to a guys taking a tough one on one shots. The entire team does this..

There are times you shouldn't be passing, and this team has a hard time distinguishing that

The passes led to ISOs and not to easy buckets because our players freeze when they don't have the ball in their hands and we don't have any plays drawn out. And our coach hasn't done jack **** to address that. Every time down the floor our main play is PG driving heads down to the hole and then sometimes kicking out when triple teamed. Where are the easy buckets going to come from if this is the offense you run?

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/14/2019  11:54 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

The passes led to ISOs and not to easy buckets because our players freeze when they don't have the ball in their hands and we don't have any plays drawn out. And our coach hasn't done jack **** to address that. Every time down the floor our main play is PG driving heads down to the hole and then sometimes kicking out when triple teamed. Where are the easy buckets going to come from if this is the offense you run?

This is not what I sow in Phily game when Kanter, TJR, and Burke out and Trier out of the floor.
We played more organized, executing, assisting, and moving the ball.
We should stop playing ball stoppers who will not be around next year Trier being an exception.
But even he need to be kept in check and benched if he is too-iso happy.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/14/2019  6:00 PM
Twenty four assists yesterday with Tim and Kanter out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

1/14/2019  7:09 PM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

This is not what I sow in Phily game when Kanter, TJR, and Burke out and Trier out of the floor.
We played more organized, executing, assisting, and moving the ball.
We should stop playing ball stoppers who will not be around next year Trier being an exception.
But even he need to be kept in check and benched if he is too-iso happy.

The comment was about how we played most of the season. So if you take 3 out of the 4 main offenders, chances are it will start looking big better.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/14/2019  9:13 PM
Nalod wrote:Klay plays with three other allstars. Two are going to the HOF. Klay might also.
If your trying to provide contrast to prove a point its kind of shot sighted.
Knox at age 19 is halfway thru his rookie campaign and plays with timmy, Mudiay, Vonleh and Enes/Kornet. Great comparison.
I either think Im smarter than the collective coaching staff of the knicks or as a fan try to understand what is going on. I tend to think the lack of talent and pending roster changes lend itself to not playing a disciplined system. It complicates the game and young players frustrate easy, especially those on very short term deals. This is what coaches do sometimes. They dumb it down. Its not pretty and I think Fiz did try to install something but it did not work.
So I either believe in the Knick coaches or Rainman.

The point he is making is there are 4 all stars and they run a system. Knicks have none and they are running no system.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/14/2019  9:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Timmy's a ball hog always trying to get his own shot off so yes he is preventing this team from being better. If Knicks1248 is right about one thing its how beautiful it is when Klay can shoot 43 points by taking only 4 dribbles, we only wish THJr could perform like that. And No, Timmy is NOT the best player on the team right now. At present, I would pick between Vonleh and Knox honestly. I would even pick Dotson ahead of THJr.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knox leading by example AKA MELO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy