AUTOADVERT
PresIke
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #33
USA
1/11/2019  5:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2019  5:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I think it's been quite noticeable.

Funny as some still say he's an "elite defender" but he also gets beat off the dribble quite a bit.

I hope its a confidence thing as it's quite an interesting drop off.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/11/2019  6:04 PM
PresIke wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Funny as some still say he's an "elite defender" but he also gets beat off the dribble quite a bit.

There was another tweet about KP being ranked 14th? as a big defending the pick and roll last year so that plays a roll in his ranking. I agree that it his decline has been noticeable.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/11/2019  6:04 PM
PresIke wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Frank is a good defender. He is more a victim of Knicks being tragic. Horny was simply a better coach than Fizdale. Your comparing an actual NBA player turned coach to the shyt show Fizdale is. All the young Knicks are doing is learning bad habits. He can blame free agency or ropa dope some fans but truth is he sucks at coaching.

Pretty soon these young players are going to forget that past systems that brought them to the NBA. Knox will forget Calapari teachings. Frank will lose his team play taught in Euro league and so in and so forth.

To point out Frank when every single Knicks player sucks azz is ridiculous to me. This team isn’t learning anything but how to suck. No system, know nothings that is what Fizz is creating.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/11/2019  6:21 PM
Vmart wrote:
PresIke wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Frank is a good defender. He is more a victim of Knicks being tragic. Horny was simply a better coach than Fizdale. Your comparing an actual NBA player turned coach to the shyt show Fizdale is. All the young Knicks are doing is learning bad habits. He can blame free agency or ropa dope some fans but truth is he sucks at coaching.

Pretty soon these young players are going to forget that past systems that brought them to the NBA. Knox will forget Calapari teachings. Frank will lose his team play taught in Euro league and so in and so forth.

To point out Frank when every single Knicks player sucks azz is ridiculous to me. This team isn’t learning anything but how to suck. No system, know nothings that is what Fizz is creating.

He creating Zionportunity. The rest is gibberish.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/11/2019  6:26 PM
Vmart wrote:
PresIke wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

If you follow the two guys that created filmschool you would know that they are huge Frank fans. I am having some technology issues and tweets are hard for me to post. The follow up tweet talks about Frank's rating when he was playing at least part of the time with KP and the difference playing with an elite defensive big makes. Fiz is very respected around the league as a coach and developmental guy. He wasn't the guy Phil hired so that might burn a bit but I think he was the right hire.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/11/2019  6:32 PM
arkrud wrote:
Vmart wrote:
PresIke wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That might be his best attribute.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/11/2019  11:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2019  11:33 PM
Vmart wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Vmart wrote:
PresIke wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That might be his best attribute.

Best attribute of the professional is to do the right things at the right time.
So far I see the right things being done. Not pretty things and may be not honest things.
But to win one need to explore every avenue available.
I will judge Fiz coaching when he will actually have some team to coach.
For now he has a bunch of spare parts to evaluate and put together with the main pieces which are not there yet.
Then we will see what he is made of as a coach.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/12/2019  3:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2019  3:25 PM
Without elite pick and roll defense he is literally competing to be the worst player in the nba. Guy is so frustrating he could be a legit rotation player if he could add a 3 point shot to last years defense. Now I wonder if we could of included him in a trade to dump Noah. Saving us cap space maybe where he could of provided his highest value
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/12/2019  3:56 PM
Vmart wrote:
PresIke wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I'm starting to sour on Fiz, the more this team plays, the worse they look, there is just no direction on the floor. I can't bare to watch for more than a few minutes. It's the most selfish, clueless, defenseless, leadershipless, pointless piece of sht play i ever seen.

YOU CAN HIRE any joe blow to coach a tank, or any joe blow GM/prez to buyout or waive players/assets.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/12/2019  5:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
PresIke wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I'm starting to sour on Fiz, the more this team plays, the worse they look, there is just no direction on the floor. I can't bare to watch for more than a few minutes. It's the most selfish, clueless, defenseless, leadershipless, pointless piece of sht play i ever seen.

YOU CAN HIRE any joe blow to coach a tank, or any joe blow GM/prez to buyout or waive players/assets.

10 wins. You don' have to watch to know.
The proof will be what happens in the ensuing seasons. No guarantees but if your fixated on present then thats your choice.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/14/2019  12:10 PM
I think a lot of this has to do with tape
and that other teams know they don't have to defend Frank, so the guys Frank guards give more on offense than they may have otherwise
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/14/2019  1:20 PM
I wonder how much of this data is the the PnR situation involves Kanter.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/14/2019  1:27 PM
Fiz is the new default answer when posters don't want to place the blame where it belongs....
knicks1248
1/14/2019  1:30 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I wonder how much of this data is the the PnR situation involves Kanter.

what you really mean is, HOW CAN YOU SHIFT THE BLAME TO OTHER PLAYERS as the reason for his suspect play.

The truth of the matter is, these players don't fit with each other, they don't complement each other on either end, so they essentially make each other worse on both ends

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/14/2019  1:32 PM
Here are some quotes fro Fiz...“We struggle with the concepts right now, we really do, and the biggest one is the weak side of our defense and understanding how to scramble out of coverage, which is typical,” Fizdale said.

“In my conversations with other coaches that have coached similar type teams, that was always their biggest issue, was ball movement, getting them to share the ball and getting them to understand how to defend on the weak side.”

All young teams that lack experience and haven't put in enough time together (it can take years) will struggle with the concepts in bold....But its difficult to see that when your agenda is blinding your vision...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/14/2019  1:36 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I wonder how much of this data is the the PnR situation involves Kanter.

Yes. PnR involves 2 different players from each team, I was thinking the big involved is not KP any more.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/14/2019  1:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

what you really mean is, HOW CAN YOU SHIFT THE BLAME TO OTHER PLAYERS as the reason for his suspect play.

The truth of the matter is, these players don't fit with each other, they don't complement each other on either end, so they essentially make each other worse on both ends

Naw, I remember seeing somewhere that our best defensive lineups have Frank and Dotson in them. No doubt, Frank's been sub-par, but there's more than meets the eye with this. Could it be Kanter's clueless positioning? A young Mitchell's inexperience? A mixture of both everything? Who knows? At least coach is settling on line-ups. One step at a time, I guess.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
1/14/2019  3:15 PM
Uptown wrote:Here are some quotes fro Fiz...“We struggle with the concepts right now, we really do, and the biggest one is the weak side of our defense and understanding how to scramble out of coverage, which is typical,” Fizdale said.

“In my conversations with other coaches that have coached similar type teams, that was always their biggest issue, was ball movement, getting them to share the ball and getting them to understand how to defend on the weak side.”

All young teams that lack experience and haven't put in enough time together (it can take years) will struggle with the concepts in bold....But its difficult to see that when your agenda is blinding your vision...

which is why nobody but bottom feeders put a roster full of young in experience players together, because they will all look bad. It only takes one guy to miss an assignment, and its a domino effect.

Hopefully The young FO is seeing the problems and will completely dismantle this entire roster.

ES
knicks1248
1/14/2019  3:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Naw, I remember seeing somewhere that our best defensive lineups have Frank and Dotson in them. No doubt, Frank's been sub-par, but there's more than meets the eye with this. Could it be Kanter's clueless positioning? A young Mitchell's inexperience? A mixture of both everything? Who knows? At least coach is settling on line-ups. One step at a time, I guess.

being best defensive line up, but the worst offensive line up, doesn't solve the problem now does it?

ES
Frank no longer defending pick and roll at an elite level

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy