[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/9/2019  11:24 AM
Just saying though

David Fizdale said in training camp that he was impressed by Emmanuel Mudiay's ability to protect the ball. That's showed itself on this road trip. Mudiay has 33 assists and just five turnovers in the last five games, the second-best assist-to-turnover rate in the league in that span.

If he had higher IQ players around him,think of the posibilities

ES
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/9/2019  11:40 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Just saying though

David Fizdale said in training camp that he was impressed by Emmanuel Mudiay's ability to protect the ball. That's showed itself on this road trip. Mudiay has 33 assists and just five turnovers in the last five games, the second-best assist-to-turnover rate in the league in that span.

I love the idea of having Mudiay, Kawhi, Knox, KP and Zion next season. Like really love it.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

1/9/2019  11:57 AM
Cherry picking data is pointless. Last game he had 4 dimes and 3TOs. So what?
Focus on a season, not 5 games.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
1/9/2019  11:59 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

I love the idea of having Mudiay, Kawhi, Knox, KP and Zion next season. Like really love it.

that would be a nice athletic line up, but kawhi, knox, and zion play the same position

brogdon
trier
thj
vonleh

is a nice bench to

ES
knicks1248
1/9/2019  12:03 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Cherry picking data is pointless. Last game he had 4 dimes and 3TOs. So what?

dude if that was frank, you would be leading the parade

every NBA commentator (even on opposing teams)have stated mudiay is the Most improve player on the knicks roster, HANDS DOWN

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/9/2019  12:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

that would be a nice athletic line up, but kawhi, knox, and zion play the same position

brogdon
trier
thj
vonleh

is a nice bench to

Kawhi can play the 2 and 3. Knox and Zion can switch between the 3 and 4. KP can play the 4 and 5. IMO, it works well. How they are defensively? That may be a mystery.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/9/2019  1:06 PM
X out kanter hezonja Thjr burke altogether and it's a huge improvement.
We need knock down shooters that you can pass the ball to. We have only one that is relevant of being in the rotation...Dotson.

Mudiay passes the ball routinely to THJr who is below 40% on shooting and is a black hole, but what choice does he have...Fiz is not playing Mud, Dot, THJr, Knox, Mitch in any lineup ever. If he benches THJr, there will be uproar.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/9/2019  5:10 PM
Mudiay doesnt come off as a needle mover. He isn't actively "making his teammates better". But he has held a quality TS% earlier in the year which has dipped a bit. If he can hold a high TS% with low TOs, FTs, and quality %s. He can be a contributing piece in a rotation preferably off the bench to a higher quality PG on a winning team.

We have to think KP and our top 3 draft pick(since Zion, Barret, Morant can all create and will probably be naturally more talented) will probably be our featured players with Knox pushing Timmy for that 3rd spot. Not to mention if we sign a big time FA. Pushing multiple people down the people king order. Then there is Trier who is a natural scorer. Low usage high TS% players who defend are nessesary to compliment that. So if Mudiay can hold high TS% as a lower usage player then he would be of value.

If your a featured player you either need to be able to make others better or have crazy high TS%. If not then as a lower option player you have to offer utility like Vonleh does which his ability to rebound, defend, shoot the 3, bang down low while not being a go to guy.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2019  5:59 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Cherry picking data is pointless. Last game he had 4 dimes and 3TOs. So what?

That means for the rest of the road trip he averaged 7 assists and .5 turnovers a game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

1/9/2019  6:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

every NBA commentator (even on opposing teams)have stated mudiay is the Most improve player on the knicks roster, HANDS DOWN

Awww. Well DUDE if you actually read my posts I am asking to get Rubio as the starting PG. There's a right way to play basketball and a wrong way and Mudiay exemplifies the wrong way. I know the trolls have painted this picture of me hating everyone but Frank, but that's their problem not mine. I want real high IQ point guards that play real defense.

meloshouldgo

1/9/2019  6:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

That means for the rest of the road trip he averaged 7 assists and .5 turnovers a game.

I can do that math genius, I posted about a road trip being too small a sample size.

meloshouldgo

1/9/2019  6:36 PM
Cartman718 wrote:X out kanter hezonja Thjr burke altogether and it's a huge improvement.
We need knock down shooters that you can pass the ball to. We have only one that is relevant of being in the rotation...Dotson.

Mudiay passes the ball routinely to THJr who is below 40% on shooting and is a black hole, but what choice does he have...Fiz is not playing Mud, Dot, THJr, Knox, Mitch in any lineup ever. If he benches THJr, there will be uproar.

Yes, I know. Melo NEVER had anybody to pass the ball to either. The poor guys are really expected to carry the offense all buy themselves. such sacrifice.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2019  6:53 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I can do that math genius, I posted about a road trip being too small a sample size.

Good to hear about your math skills. Had the impression you might need some help.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

1/9/2019  6:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Good to hear about your math skills. Had the impression you might need some help.

Amazing comeback, you should be in the UK Hall of Fame.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/10/2019  12:16 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:X out kanter hezonja Thjr burke altogether and it's a huge improvement.

Yes, I know. Melo NEVER had anybody to pass the ball to either. The poor guys are really expected to carry the offense all buy themselves. such sacrifice.

Troll you are.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/10/2019  10:34 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Awww. Well DUDE if you actually read my posts I am asking to get Rubio as the starting PG. There's a right way to play basketball and a wrong way and Mudiay exemplifies the wrong way. I know the trolls have painted this picture of me hating everyone but Frank, but that's their problem not mine. I want real high IQ point guards that play real defense.

I think it's the wrong time to get Rubio. He's 28 and probably looking for a major pay day.

But even if you can get Rubio this off season - and I would be depressed if he was our marquee acquisition- you need someone to back him up - and I think Mudiay would be great in that role.

meloshouldgo

1/10/2019  10:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2019  10:54 AM
franco12 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I think it's the wrong time to get Rubio. He's 28 and probably looking for a major pay day.

But even if you can get Rubio this off season - and I would be depressed if he was our marquee acquisition- you need someone to back him up - and I think Mudiay would be great in that role.

Disagree, Frank should be backing him up and learning how to play the right way. That would be one of the main reasons for getting Rubio
Age is not the only criteria, we can't act like our team is KP or bust, we need to draft well and acquire the right types of players. But Rubio will absolutely maximize KPs and Spice's value as finishers. It's upto KP to also add being a ball mover to his game. Never said anything about Rubio being Marquee, but I would rather have him over most "marquee" chuckers. Now KD or Klay would be different, but want nothing to do with Kyrie etc.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/10/2019  11:26 AM
I don't know if mudiay is sticking beyond but the fact is we took a kid and improved him. Same for Vonleh.
Kornet is starting in the NBA. Mario is mixed and perhaps done going forward. Burke has not really broken out with Fiz.
Dotson is improving. THe bottom line is never to have expected all the Fiz kids to excel. The fact some are means the team's special sauce is working.

Knox and Frank are blue chip adolescent keepers and not part of this restoration. Knox is an inconsistent rookie which is to be expected and Frank is playing for his second coach in second season and I'd dare to say not exactly been a good stable situation to bring in a young rookie let alone an 18 year old pass first euro.

Losing sucks. But I doubt good decisions are made from reacting to it. I think losing was part of the equation.

knicks1248
1/10/2019  12:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2019  12:42 PM
we had a chance at rubio for rose, and not too many were on board with it because of the extra yr on his contract.

This FO doesn't want to make trades for anyone with additional $$ after this yr, the same thinking
that back fired because the cap space went to THJ, and what has he done to move the needle..

Perhaps rubio would have saved KP because he would have set him up for an easier shot

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/10/2019  12:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:we had a chance at rubio for rose, and not too many were on board with it because of the extra yr on his contract.

This FO doesn't want to make trades for anyone with additional $$ after this yr, the same thinking
that back fired because the cap space went to THJ, and what has he done to move the needle..

Perhaps rubio would have saved KP because he would have set him up for an easier shot

.....and Rubio would be playing in place of Frank, so basically its Franks fault?? LOL
Ok, so you wanted Rubio for Rose when he was in Minny. Two years ago.
I'll give you this. Seeing how Rose has been playing it really was not crazy what Phil was trying to do. He was off by a year. Rose did come back. Rubio himself was shaking rust from his ACL.
I like Rubio and hoped he play here. He'd be feeding Melo and KP in your world. Not sure how that would have worked. Melo by now would cooked and Rubio would be dishing to who? While I have no doubt a playmaker is needed, we don't have really anything that a playmaker can work with.
Putting it kindly, insinuationg we could have avoided injury to KP by having Rubio is very assumptive.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy