[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I would still target Klay, KD doesn't seem to be realistic, he'll probably stay in GS
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/30/2018  1:30 AM
KP
Vonleh
Spice
Klay
Frank

How is this a bad starting lineup? It has multiple ball handlers, multiple 20pt+ scores, will be one of the best starting 5 on defense in the league. Knox has to play defense, I am going her gets there.

Off the bench.

Trier
Mitch
Boobies

Add Zion and Boom!!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
12/30/2018  1:55 AM
I think Klay is definitely more likely to stay in GS than KD.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/30/2018  3:17 AM
BigRedDog wrote:I think Klay is definitely more likely to stay in GS than KD.

I agree- don't think there's a chance of either really, but there's no way GS lets Klay walk and there's no way he wants to walk.

meloshouldgo

12/30/2018  9:30 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I agree- don't think there's a chance of either really, but there's no way GS lets Klay walk and there's no way he wants to walk.

Klay is not going to take a discount. If KD wants to stay they'll have to make a decision.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/30/2018  12:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:

The issue will remain "Bird Rights"

GSW might move on past Durant and Thompson, maybe even Green, but they own the Bird Rights to all those players. Insanely difficult to build a team if you even have just one FA player signed to a relative max with no Bird Rights.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/31/2018  7:36 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Klay is not going to take a discount. If KD wants to stay they'll have to make a decision.

If you read and listen to interviews of both players, I think Klay is the one most likely to stay. Evryonr describes Klay as a West Coast guy and I think I may have even heard him say that he's not a cold weather guy. KD has been way more flaky when anwering questions about his status. But who knows? Money usually talks in the end.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/31/2018  11:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

If you read and listen to interviews of both players, I think Klay is the one most likely to stay. Evryonr describes Klay as a West Coast guy and I think I may have even heard him say that he's not a cold weather guy. KD has been way more flaky when anwering questions about his status. But who knows? Money usually talks in the end.

I think KD is done with GW.
But his future destination will depend on who will draft the top 2 this year.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/31/2018  11:16 PM
Klay isn't leaving the Warriors. The only question is if he takes less money. All reports including interviews with Klay and his father indicate he is returning to the Warriors. The guy rumored to be leaving and wanting to go to NY is Durant. It might not happen but there is a chance. No chance with Klay unless something changes in the future. Might as well target the guy that might actually sign here.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

1/1/2019  1:10 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Klay wants to stay, KD isn't sure. I get it. But it may not be up to Klay.
If GS wins, KD wil most likely look to stay put. If both want to stay and neither accepts a pay cut they can't keep both. I would personally keep Klay over KD, but GS won't be able to do that. That makes Klay available.

If Klay takes less money and lets GS slimeball him again, after paying Curry - then they both stay. I think Klay wanting to be paid is more likely than KD wanting to move. If that's true then Klay will be in play. We will see.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/1/2019  2:04 AM
I think KD gets his three peat I think more that he leaves. Three peats are the holy grail and legend.
KD has his MVP, his chips and has then more to seek other things. Winning is important but perhaps the pur joy of being part of a growing situation in NYC, a city starving for a winning culture should be very appealing. Maybe not a title but relevance is also a big step and if he team continues beyond his days that is good too!!!
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/1/2019  2:28 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

If GS wins, KD wil most likely look to stay put. If both want to stay and neither accepts a pay cut they can't keep both. I would personally keep Klay over KD, but GS won't be able to do that. That makes Klay available.

If Klay takes less money and lets GS slimeball him again, after paying Curry - then they both stay. I think Klay wanting to be paid is more likely than KD wanting to move. If that's true then Klay will be in play. We will see.

You couldn't be more wrong. Klay staying in GS is 90%. KD staying is best 50/50%
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/1/2019  9:04 AM
Klay is a great player, but he doesn't transform us the way KD would. So if Klay is available, I don't sign him unless maybe we land the top pick in this draft and we expect Zion to be the next LeBron/franchise transforming talent.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/1/2019  11:01 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Why is KD most likely to stay put if they win ? What else does he have to prove there ? It must get annoying winning so much and getting criticized as meaningless titles. I have to think there’s only so much tolerance there before he’s ready to do something new.

TripleThreat

1/1/2019  11:43 AM
Knixkik wrote:Why is KD most likely to stay put if they win ? What else does he have to prove there ? It must get annoying winning so much and getting criticized as meaningless titles. I have to think there’s only so much tolerance there before he’s ready to do something new.

GSW can offer max money across five years. They have his full Bird Rights this offseason. He would be playing for legit contender who shows no real signs of slowing down (They softpedal during the regular season to save for the playoffs)

Winning so much is never annoying.

His alternative is to go to another team, make less, on a shorter deal, to get curb stomped by the Warriors in the playoffs at some point. He could join Boston or LA Lakers or Philly, but it's not like those situations are all roses and sunshine either.

The GSW have a humble chill ass superstar in Curry. A good GM in Myers. A solid hands off owner in Lacob. A nice area to live in and very diverse with good weather and schools. The fans are pretty chill. Or Durant can go play with gigantic *******s like LBJ and Embiid, make less and get **** on in the press anyway once the Warriors hammer down on his new team.

If you take Durant off the Warriors, they are still contenders. That open cap space can buy a **** ton of help. Plenty of guys want to play with Curry and GSW and get a ring. Curry is the best long range shooter ever. Thompson is a historic level shooter himself. Even without Durant, they can bomb the **** out of any team in the NBA.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/1/2019  1:52 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Why is KD most likely to stay put if they win ? What else does he have to prove there ? It must get annoying winning so much and getting criticized as meaningless titles. I have to think there’s only so much tolerance there before he’s ready to do something new.

GSW can offer max money across five years. They have his full Bird Rights this offseason. He would be playing for legit contender who shows no real signs of slowing down (They softpedal during the regular season to save for the playoffs)

His alternative is to go to another team, make less, on a shorter deal, to get curb stomped by the Warriors in the playoffs at some point. He could join Boston or LA Lakers or Philly, but it's not like those situations are all roses and sunshine either.

The GSW have a humble chill ass superstar in Curry. A good GM in Myers. A solid hands off owner in Lacob. A nice area to live in and very diverse with good weather and schools. The fans are pretty chill. Or Durant can go play with gigantic *******s like LBJ and Embiid, make less and get **** on in the press anyway once the Warriors hammer down on his new team.

If you take Durant off the Warriors, they are still contenders. That open cap space can buy a **** ton of help. Plenty of guys want to play with Curry and GSW and get a ring. Curry is the best long range shooter ever. Thompson is a historic level shooter himself. Even without Durant, they can bomb the **** out of any team in the NBA.

What we have learned about KD is he cares what people think. Maybe more than any other star player right now. I understand the money advantage, but do you really see him staying in a place where he's not necessarily needed to win, where fans and media say every championship next to his name deserves an asterisk, where he gets into shouting matches with fans every game? He knows GS fans don't appreciate him like most fanbases would. He's clearly still an outsider where the original trio of Curry, Thompson, and Green run the show there. Having won 2 or 3 titles with GS, i think he will want to go wherever he feels most appreciated and most able to contribute. I'm not sure where he will end up, but i'll be shocked if he stays, because he has accomplished all he can there.

TripleThreat

1/1/2019  6:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

What we have learned about KD is he cares what people think. Maybe more than any other star player right now. I understand the money advantage, but do you really see him staying in a place where he's not necessarily needed to win, where fans and media say every championship next to his name deserves an asterisk, where he gets into shouting matches with fans every game? He knows GS fans don't appreciate him like most fanbases would. He's clearly still an outsider where the original trio of Curry, Thompson, and Green run the show there. Having won 2 or 3 titles with GS, i think he will want to go wherever he feels most appreciated and most able to contribute. I'm not sure where he will end up, but i'll be shocked if he stays, because he has accomplished all he can there.

Guys rumored to be willing to take a lot less to go to the Warriors this offseason ( and have made a decent chunk of career money already) if Durant walks and some space clears up

Brook Lopez
Al Horford
Marc Gasol ( though he would cost more than the minimum)
Rudy Gay
Eric Bledsoe
Paul Millsap
JJ Redick
Wilson Chandler

If Durant walks ( and it's entirely possible), I could see the GSW walking away with Gay, Millsap and BroLo this offseason at steep discounts.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/1/2019  6:16 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Guys rumored to be willing to take a lot less to go to the Warriors this offseason ( and have made a decent chunk of career money already) if Durant walks and some space clears up

Brook Lopez
Al Horford
Marc Gasol ( though he would cost more than the minimum)
Rudy Gay
Eric Bledsoe
Paul Millsap
JJ Redick
Wilson Chandler

If Durant walks ( and it's entirely possible), I could see the GSW walking away with Gay, Millsap and BroLo this offseason at steep discounts.

not sure what you mean by space clearing up. They will have vet mins and maybe 1 other slot? They are over cap even without Durant.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo

1/1/2019  7:52 PM
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Why is KD most likely to stay put if they win ? What else does he have to prove there ? It must get annoying winning so much and getting criticized as meaningless titles. I have to think there’s only so much tolerance there before he’s ready to do something new.

What is left to do? Overtake MJ in number of titles??
Build a dynasty? Put GS on the same page as the showtime Lakers? We're those meaningless titles too? Those teams were pretty loaded, just saying. There isn't s lot of rational reasons for him to leave. What it really comes down to is whether GS wil wasn't him more than Klay and whether Klay wil sign for pennies on the dollar. That's the bare bone basic of what all this hinges on. Everything else is noise.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/1/2019  8:09 PM
No Basketball Jesus is walking through the Garden door this summer.

Build from within.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/2/2019  6:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2019  7:01 AM
I think we draft someone like Kevin Porter. Zion would be a great dream, but no guarantee we get #1 or 2. Knowing our luck, we draft 5 or so. KP may be back in March/April and we may win some games then,

"Young" core

Porzingis
Knox
Porter
Frank
^ a free agent that can play with a group like that.

Don't think Klay would be it. Think we need a versatile big forward. KD not coming in my opinion.
We should look at Julius Randle. Young, good rebounding, can defend, versatile. Sign him to a 4/60M type of deal.
We should look at Ricky Rubio.

Porzingis
Randle
Knox
Porter (OR RJ Barrett if we draft at 2 or 3).
Frank/Rubio

Full rotation:

Randle/Robinson/Kornet
Porzingis/Thomas
Knox/Lee
Porter/Hardaway
Rubio/Frank/Trier

That lineup likely makes the playoffs in the East is KP is healthy. Most important, it's a competitive YET young team that can have many players still improve such as KP, Knox, Frank, Randle, Porter/Barrett.

I would still target Klay, KD doesn't seem to be realistic, he'll probably stay in GS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy