martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/13/2019  12:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:The Post is reporting Kanter is not expected to play tomorrow.

Coupled with the fact he's not going to London, I presume the team have decided to keep him out these past few games while they try and work on a trade- likely if we don't get it done by the time they get back from London, it ain't happening. Wise decision- I still remember that time we were working on a (Shump?) deal at the trade deadline, decided to play him that night and they got injured that game, destroying the deal

Never understood not relying on the easier reason: Kanter sat last game with flu, probably still sick?

He looked fine and dandy in the cheeseburger video, when fiz said he'd been having flu symptoms for a few days, also he's been tweeting just fine, even photos of himself looking in fine health

top notch sleuthing over here

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/13/2019  1:10 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:The Post is reporting Kanter is not expected to play tomorrow.

Coupled with the fact he's not going to London, I presume the team have decided to keep him out these past few games while they try and work on a trade- likely if we don't get it done by the time they get back from London, it ain't happening. Wise decision- I still remember that time we were working on a (Shump?) deal at the trade deadline, decided to play him that night and they got injured that game, destroying the deal

Never understood not relying on the easier reason: Kanter sat last game with flu, probably still sick?

He looked fine and dandy in the cheeseburger video, when fiz said he'd been having flu symptoms for a few days, also he's been tweeting just fine, even photos of himself looking in fine health

top notch sleuthing over here

I used to watch lots of Murder, She Wrote, Jessica Fletcher taught me everything I know

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/13/2019  7:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:New bball index article on the Knicks highlights the rebounding woes since Kanter went to the bench. I believe the Knicks dropped from 13th in rebounding to 27th. Kornet grades out as a very bad rebounder. If I recall correctly, Bropez was the only center rebounding at a worse rate then Kornet. The guards are all below average except for Dotson. Interesting stat that Burke has boxed out twice this season. The two guys that were spoken about positively were Vonleh and Dotson. I will try to post the link but having some technology issues.

Kanter has inflated rebounding numbers because he is not tasked with any rim protection responsibilities. He also has no responsibility to quarterback the defense. He also does not space the floor. And he's a blackhole. Basically he camps around the rim on both ends because the team has given up on him being able to contribute anything else. While getting an offensive rebound is a good thing, when you go for one and miss, the other team will try to jump start their offense by pushing the ball the other way immediately. Then you have to operate in transition on the other end. This is something Hornacek tried to do that Fizdale does not. Push the ball after a defensive rebound. When Kanter gets a defensive rebound, the Knicks could apply this, but he's a low BBIQ player and he's not a great passer.

Since other bigs are under orders to get back defensively, some of Kanters defensive rebounds occur from other teams intentionally shading away from the glass. Given the score, quarter, matchup, circumstance, it might shift when going for the rebound or getting back on D is the more efficient strategy. Kanters is low BBIQ and doesn't make that distinction ever.

Given more teams are shooting from longer ranges to space the floor, you'll see a wider variance in rebound opportunities, ball path and who is getting said rebounds.

Like anything else, rebounds are great when you get them, but when you go for them ( this is more of a critical issue for trying to go for offensive rebounds) and miss, you create tradeoffs on the other end of the floor.

There also tends to be a natural inverse relationship between pivot rebounding and effective rim protection.

Rebounding has value, of course, but in the modern space and pace game, it's down the list relative to other issues on the court.

In short, the rebounds Kanter gives a team in value is far outweighed by his other flaws ( zero defense, no rim protection, no floor spacing, no passing, massive cap hold, off court distractions etc, etc)

Kanter not doing well with new role 'quote'

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy