AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/31/2018  9:13 AM
smackeddog wrote:Ha, someone posted this on another board:

I like the way he motions at the end like he's trying to blame his team mates

this is ridiculous in more than a few ways

first of all Harden does this to everyone in the league, 2), it's a big guarding a guard, so he has a right to look around for help, 3) look at nene, he doesn't have the ball, yet he is being guarded by 2 players.

I agree kanter is no Mutumbo, but the league is 75% offense right now, and everyone knows it.

ES
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/31/2018  9:17 AM
I'm fine with Kornet starting because i think Porzingis will just jump into that role once he's back. Vonleh has earned his role as the other starting big as he's been the most complete player on the team. Kanter can settle into a reserve role where he gets 20 mpg off the bench. This will likely be his best role for the remainder of his career.

For better or worse, our lineup next season likely looks like Porzingis, Vonleh, Knox, Hardaway, and Mudiay (or rookie Morant) unless a major free agent crashes the party. Which is fine either way, we will be much better and need to build some continuity.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/31/2018  9:54 AM
Knixkik wrote:I'm fine with Kornet starting because i think Porzingis will just jump into that role once he's back. Vonleh has earned his role as the other starting big as he's been the most complete player on the team. Kanter can settle into a reserve role where he gets 20 mpg off the bench. This will likely be his best role for the remainder of his career.

For better or worse, our lineup next season likely looks like Porzingis, Vonleh, Knox, Hardaway, and Mudiay (or rookie Morant) unless a major free agent crashes the party. Which is fine either way, we will be much better and need to build some continuity.

I am wondering what happens when Mitch comes back. If Kornet starts and Mitch gets the back up minutes do the Knicks buy out or waive Kanter?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/31/2018  10:41 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I'm fine with Kornet starting because i think Porzingis will just jump into that role once he's back. Vonleh has earned his role as the other starting big as he's been the most complete player on the team. Kanter can settle into a reserve role where he gets 20 mpg off the bench. This will likely be his best role for the remainder of his career.

I am wondering what happens when Mitch comes back. If Kornet starts and Mitch gets the back up minutes do the Knicks buy out or waive Kanter?

I think that's most likely. Or center by committee.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/31/2018  10:49 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I wonder who would actually sign Kanter if we do buy him out? Can't really think of any team where he makes much sense (especially if he wants to be a starter)

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/31/2018  11:03 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Saw this in the Posting and Toasting recap.

That is not even trying D.

WHo cares if you get 20/10 every game if you give up 30/20?

Kanter could be the best C in the league but he has to play D. He plays no D. Very awful. ITs time for him to go...

wargames
Member: #6053

12/31/2018  2:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:At this point he should be shut down, unless we have more injuries. Let Kornet, Vonleh etc. get extra minutes. Mitch Rob when he is back.
No need for empty stats that Kanter fights hard for.

We can't keep feuding with Vet players on the roster. Melo, Noah, now imagine benching Kanter...... It makes sense to trade him or since we're tanking and Mitch is injured, just give Kanter his minutes.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/31/2018  3:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I wonder who would actually sign Kanter if we do buy him out? Can't really think of any team where he makes much sense (especially if he wants to be a starter)

Teams would love to have him for the league min

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/31/2018  3:58 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fwk00
Member: #6048

12/31/2018  5:36 PM
Kanter and Hezonja for Randolph and Shumpert works for me. Buy them both out and create a couple of roster spots.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/31/2018  11:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Saw this on reddit and asked for a source. At this point I can't confirm if it is accurate but it makes things sound worse with Kanter.
ightwingx7
Score hidden
·
55 minutes ago
Overheard in Knicks locker room after Kanter read he was DNP for the next game: “He got me,” Kanter said of Fizdale's move to sit him. "That f***ing Fiz boomed me." Kanter added, “He thinks he's so good,” repeating it four times. He then said he wanted to add Fizdale to the list of coaches he never plays for again.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/abcczz/schmeelk_enes_kanter_does_not_help_knicks_win/

Kanter probably thinks he is at Gasol level... Mister delusional...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/1/2019  12:45 AM
wargames wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:At this point he should be shut down, unless we have more injuries. Let Kornet, Vonleh etc. get extra minutes. Mitch Rob when he is back.
No need for empty stats that Kanter fights hard for.

We can't keep feuding with Vet players on the roster. Melo, Noah, now imagine benching Kanter...... It makes sense to trade him or since we're tanking and Mitch is injured, just give Kanter his minutes.

Trade?? Who the hale is going to trade for him? Mitch isn't injured, he is ready to come back.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/1/2019  12:46 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Saw this in the Posting and Toasting recap.

That is not even trying D.

WHo cares if you get 20/10 every game if you give up 30/20?

Kanter could be the best C in the league but he has to play D. He plays no D. Very awful. ITs time for him to go...

Same argument for Mudiay.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/1/2019  11:19 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

1) MRob is a rookie and has never played NBA type attrition before, also with his predraft background, he's is more prone to hitting the rookie wall than most One And Dones. The Knicks need to shade his minutes across the entire season. You push him too far, you risk injuring him.

2) No one knows when Zinger will be back or how he will respond. Better not to push it.

3) Kornet is still very raw. Being a G leaguer stalwart to a NBA starting pivot is a big ask.

4) No one wants to hear this, but Vonleh might be traded. If the Knicks assess their odds of resigning him are low to none, they will move him. He's not making much and can help another team.

Knicks do not have the depth to cut Kanter now.

Also, while it might be a rare situation unlikely to happen, Kanters salary might be useful in a 3 or 4 team larger trade where he's a functional expiring salary match. It's hard to assess that right now. ( i.e. he would go to a gutted team that is taking in picks and needs a salary match to equalize outgoing salaries.)

Knicks have no incentive to do any favors for Kanter ( like they did for Ron Baker, who is well liked). He's been playing like a total ******* and complaining about it. Like I said, people should dig up all those Kanter are awesome threads and Kanter needs to get an extension with the Knicks threads and see how those busters feel about those views now.

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
1/1/2019  7:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyvector16 wrote:I hope he is traded by the deadline. It would be nice to get at least a 2nd rounder or to attach him with Lee for an expiring to a contender.

The bottom of the field will be so crowded this year that just a few wins will likely separate worst record and 6th worst record.

Once again we are faced with a question of lose and maximize opportunity to get a potential superstar in draft, or win a few extra meaningless games to appease idiots like Kanter or fans with a short-sided view of things. Clearly this year is done, we need to keep losing and keep KP away to recover.

A few things hurt the lose now this year effort and it is all related to individualism. Free agents want to win to maximize their summer deals. We need to worry about Knicks, not individuals. I love how Clevland can just tank and accrue 1st overall picks in multiple years the past decade and never get criticized for it. Clearly that strategy worked for them as they won a championship. We have one real "tank"/losing type season this year and it is article after article about the Knicks losing... how terrible they are, and just bash them in general.

This stupid pressure to win now doesn't help the Knicks long-term. Due to the amazing draft the new management executed this last off-season we are ahead of where we thought we would be, just a year ago. One more losing season is all we need and we are setup for a decade-long run... Lets not mess that up with cheering for meaningless wins.

Kanter needs to go...

I think the Knicks value the cap space from
His expiring deal more than they do what they could get back in a trade. If they gave up on the pursuit of a max free agent they probably could get back a pick if they took on a smaller, longer contract. He might get waived or bought out if the drama continues.

Pretty much no chance he's traded as far as I understand.

Maybe he dreams of a buyout.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
mlby1215
Member: #6486

1/2/2019  4:39 AM
I thought only low class players like Willy would complain about playing time. Higher class players like Kanter would never do it.
arkrud
USA
1/2/2019  12:28 PM
mlby1215 wrote:I thought only low class players like Willy would complain about playing time. Higher class players like Kanter would never do it.

This is not about the skill level and talent. This is about character.
Ability to accept your own deficiencies and work on them or surrender to you own inability to improve and accept limited role which comes with this.
Kanter is great dude with fan personality.
But he cannot look at himself in the mirror as a player that's why he is who he is. NBA center with great inside game and rebounding with atrocious defense, court vision, passing, play making, and inability to stretch the court.
He also is unable to put the team goals above his personal goals and priorities.
Hence he is out of place on rebuilding team. Waste of space and playing time.
Dude is irrelevant here. Let him be.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
mlby1215
Member: #6486

1/2/2019  8:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2019  5:53 AM
arkrud wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:I thought only low class players like Willy would complain about playing time. Higher class players like Kanter would never do it.

Ability to accept your own deficiencies and work on them or surrender to you own inability to improve and accept limited role which comes with this.
But he cannot look at himself in the mirror as a player that's why he is who he is. NBA center with great inside game and rebounding with atrocious defense, court vision, passing, play making, and inability to stretch the court.
He also is unable to put the team goals above his personal goals and priorities.

He is a great dude with fan personality because he had the chance to play. It is much easier to be a nice guy when things are on your side. Sometimes, people have similar "characters" because they are put into the same situation and they are humans. If you are a player under this management, why would you not look for yourself? Why would you give up your chance to earn more just to help the team long term? Willy needed playing time because he wanted to be established in this league. Kanter needs playing time because his contact is up. There is not one guy is good or another guy is bad, as local media wanted you to assume. We are all the creatures of the enirvonment surrounding us. Look, Willy are backup now, and he is pretty promising, and he doesn't complain. Probably it is because he trusts the management of the new team and/or he doesn't have any local media dude trying hardest to lead him to say something stupid.

It is sorry to say but sometimes I think Knicks fans are bunch of hypocrites. They believe every players should be accoundable for their actions except the superstars. If you are Melo ( or the further KP), you can do anything and a lot of dudes would defend you to no end. One dude could shot whenever he wants, and if the offense system/coach/management stop it then they are all wrong/outdated/stupid/cancer. If you want to bench a player to teach him something then haha see you at the office of Union and/or media/fans would try to ruin your life until you are gone (Rambis). And then we ask why a lot of knick players didn't behave?

I rarely posted any in a year and half, and it gave me a chance to look things differently. I never saw local media were so patient and supportive of the knicks managment as they are now, as if the managment have earned it and proved it. Deep inside, the media just had to because they knew they are the reason Phil Jackson got kicked away. So now what? The new one has to be good because the old one has to be bad.

But there is no new era. It is just another old era. Steve Mills doesn't turn in a genius just because he suddenly wants to. If he could change he would have changed many years ago. Now he has a lot of cards in his hand but money always depart from a fool and he will turn into the same guy as before. I am not here trashing him for no reason. He traded away 1 center, let another go away, then buyout the third one in full amount(so what is the benefit?), and at last he chose not to offer an extension for the last one. So, what is it in his mind? Let KP playing center all time and he actually has one or two secret promising centers to back him up? It is just one example. He has no plan. He didn't plan to tank. He just loses.

But it is off-topic. The point is that we build this team, mentally, just like every team before it. Local media asked us to bark at something, and we did it. We are just bitches.

arkrud
USA
1/3/2019  12:50 PM
mlby1215 wrote:
arkrud wrote:

He is a great dude with fan personality because he had the chance to play. It is much easier to be a nice guy when things are on your side. Sometimes, people have similar "characters" because they are put into the same situation and they are humans. If you are a player under this management, why would you not look for yourself? Why would you give up your chance to earn more just to help the team long term? Willy needed playing time because he wanted to be established in this league. Kanter needs playing time because his contact is up. There is not one guy is good or another guy is bad, as local media wanted you to assume. We are all the creatures of the enirvonment surrounding us. Look, Willy are backup now, and he is pretty promising, and he doesn't complain. Probably it is because he trusts the management of the new team and/or he doesn't have any local media dude trying hardest to lead him to say something stupid.

It is sorry to say but sometimes I think Knicks fans are bunch of hypocrites. They believe every players should be accoundable for their actions except the superstars. If you are Melo ( or the further KP), you can do anything and a lot of dudes would defend you to no end. One dude could shot whenever he wants, and if the offense system/coach/management stop it then they are all wrong/outdated/stupid/cancer. If you want to bench a player to teach him something then haha see you at the office of Union and/or media/fans would try to ruin your life until you are gone (Rambis). And then we ask why a lot of knick players didn't behave?

I rarely posted any in a year and half, and it gave me a chance to look things differently. I never saw local media were so patient and supportive of the knicks managment as they are now, as if the managment have earned it and proved it. Deep inside, the media just had to because they knew they are the reason Phil Jackson got kicked away. So now what? The new one has to be good because the old one has to be bad.

But there is no new era. It is just another old era. Steve Mills doesn't turn in a genius just because he suddenly wants to. If he could change he would have changed many years ago. Now he has a lot of cards in his hand but money always depart from a fool and he will turn into the same guy as before. I am not here trashing him for no reason. He traded away 1 center, let another go away, then buyout the third one in full amount(so what is the benefit?), and at last he chose not to offer an extension for the last one. So, what is it in his mind? Let KP playing center all time and he actually has one or two secret promising centers to back him up? It is just one example. He has no plan. He didn't plan to tank. He just loses.

But it is off-topic. The point is that we build this team, mentally, just like every team before it. Local media asked us to bark at something, and we did it. We are just bitches.

The center position is changing in NBA context.
Teams like Knicks which is in earlier stage of rebuilding can make advantage of this and assemble team more inline with current NBA trends.
Kanter is a piece we have by accident from Melo trade.
He never became a bonus and his time is ended this way or another.
On top of this he is not helpful in any way but his exceptional tanking ability which we do not need.
We are losing at good pace without even trying to lose.
So time to send dude to kick rocks.

As far as Mills and era it is all relative.
One can only see when era begins or ends after looking back in time.
And Mils is just a bureaucrat.
It all depends on who is running the bbal operations hands-on.
Perry/Fiz tandem are there very little time to make any judgments.

Kanter not doing well with new role 'quote'

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy