[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks at Jazz
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/30/2018  7:25 PM
Come draft time, we will be glad we rebuilt instead of trying to be mediocre.

The young talent is there. Some of it is recovering (Porzingis is huge to this team) and most is still learning (Knox, Robinson, Trier, Frank, Mudiay, Vonleh). We’ve had nights like this one even with our best teams (which haven’t been good but surely better than our young team).

Management is finally doing what they had: rebuild through the draft and the second chance market. Wanna analyze these players like they are finished products so they fit your sad cry? Knock yourself out, but you will not be paying any attention to that when the rebuilding ends and the Knicks are contenders again.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/30/2018  11:26 PM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:So when does Fizdale get benched? This is the worst coach the Knicks have had in many years.

Yeah...lets bring back Hornacek..oh wait, I mean Fisher...This is a players league...cant win without talent

Its not like the front office thinks they assembled a roster that will compete for a playoff berth. This isn't an accidental tank.

No doubt...But when fans make comments like "Bench the coach" or complain about losses, its a reminder hat most Knick fans aint patient enough to rebuild in NY

I don’t think you guys really care to see how bad a coach Fizdale is. You guys have blinders on its okay. If you watch the Knicks you will see how poorly they play. They have no system if you have a young team they need a system. Right now they are running a shyt show of who can get theirs.

Fizdale is a horrendous coach. Perry and Mills have to go also. People are gonna say you can’t rebuild in NY and all that jazz. But the truth is rebuilding has to do with teaching and having a system of play that put the team in a good position to win or learn something. They aren’t learning jack out there but how to get their butt kicked.

Exactly. Some fans are more interested in seeing the same type of selfish me first players being rehabbed as long as they can wrap some bull **** about a rebuild into their arguments. These people have zero intention of growing though the draft. They are still following the short term fix and still rooting for the same style of failed basketball the Melo represented.

Who are These People!!! Two posts up I mention my support for the front office and their vision to rebuild the right way and have praised Perry and Mills for their patients...

You just want Knicks to build the way you see fit and only with the players you like....when Frank got benched, and Mudiay was playing well, you vanished from the game threads...your the one that gets upset when the "wrong Knick" plays well...its all about the front if the jersey for me, but it seems like you care more about the names on the back
..you are last person on this board that should be accusing anyone of having an agenda!!

Thank you, thank you thank you...

some these dudes embrace losing with a passion, and will not admit that THE FO has not done anything to upgrade the roster on bit.

This roster is one of the most unattractive rosters in all of the NBA, heading into an off season where 20 teams have cap space, and the pool of top tier players is very small..

ES
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

12/31/2018  1:41 AM
Some on here saying this team is just trash would think that one player cannot by themselves positively or negatively impact a team's play, but this is not true.

Ben Wallace comes to mind as a guy who routinely impacted games singlehandedly with his defense.
If you look at Nixluva's posts from last season or search KnicksFilmSchool tweets for Frank's defense, you will see something similar. Granted he's not like absolutely lock down on D, and had a very poor showing in this regard against the Jazz, but when you have players playing average D and one playing great D...the overall defense WILL be impacted positively.

Similarly, if you have Knox who is poor defensively but expected to grow in all aspects, and Kanter AND Hardaway in the starting lineup, the overall D is going to be terrible, nothing you can do about it.

And its not like Kornet is the epitome of defense at center so switching personnel there doesn't make a big difference to overall team D.

Mudiay has been sucking a bit at D the past few games. I feel that both Mudiay and Knox somehow now feel that PG and SF are their positions to lose for the rest of the season. I wouldn't mind Fiz doing another pull of both of them to keep them on their toes.

It's clear that Fiz is not interested in continuity and winning games this season as much as he is interested in them playing the right way and seeing which personnel fit best with which ones so he can determine the starting lineups for NEXT season.

So to start this season, Burke got the PG spot, failed miserably on D.
Then Frank got the start, failed miserably on O.
Then Mudiay got the start and suddenly for a few games, it looked like there was an actual balance on O and D.

What is Fiz supposed to do now that Mudiay has regressed a bit...go back to Frank or Burke who still haven't shown to be consistent 2 way players? One plays the right way on D and the other doesn't play the right way at all. What are Fiz's options here?

Knox and Hezonja and Dotson...to me, someone who has been in the league for a few years like Hezonja..he's expected to perform from the get go, but he's been so bad. Knox, I wasn't expecting this level of performance on offense in the first year, but I'll take it. I wasn't expecting the best D, I'd say a little bit below expectation there right now. Dotson...thats one dude who plays hard on O and D and is undersized for SF, so it means starting him at SG, but wouldn't that mean FO has to agree to allow Fiz to bench Chuckaway after Mills signed him for $70mill and also, didn't Chuckaway ask Fiz to take him to the next level?

Head Coach is quite a juggling act between FO and Players and Fiz is keeping both happy for the most part for now and keeping players accountable....except for Hardaway. But what is he supposed to do with a flawed roster, our best shot blocker in this year's lineup Mitch is still MIA, so post defense would obviously take a hit.

Anyone who thinks that this team's play automatically doesn't improve on D with both KP and Mitch in the lineup...and instead thinking this poor play is all on the coach...exit to stage right please. There is reason for optimism. We can see that Burke and Hezonja will probably be gone, Vonleh will probably stick around in a backup role. No D Kanter will be gone. Now if we could only add picks by trading THJr and Lee, we might be able to find more talent like Knox, Mitch and Trier.

FO is clear about not mortgaging the future to satisfy fans screaming "win now". KP is our marquee player who probably won't play this season. We have 2 options...either we develop another one or we sign another one in FA in July. Every winning team has at least 2.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GameThread: Knicks at Jazz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy