Freeing Frank......
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

12/22/2018  12:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:I said in another thread...he has until next season trading deadline to show progress. FO is not going to be that patient with him unless we score bigtime in free agency AND the draft. If both of those things happen, pressure's off.
I don't know why the trade deadline would be a sort of deadline but I agreee what ever is blocking him he has to break thru. The game is there. It's either a strength issue or confidence or likely a combination of both.
I'm impressed with the numbers Mudiay is putting up but the the games are getting worse. We have injuries.
No pick and roll game with Kanter and the ball movement is not good.
Dark days.
Mudiay and Knox have been the bright spots recently. The team really misses Mitch and Zo. Kanter and Kornet are not cutting it on defense and there is no scoring with the second unit. Sitting Trey to free Frank hasn't helped either.
Im hopeful when KP returns it will help him because I think they would make a good tandem. I know KP has said good things about it so hopefully evetything works out
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/22/2018  12:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:I said in another thread...he has until next season trading deadline to show progress. FO is not going to be that patient with him unless we score bigtime in free agency AND the draft. If both of those things happen, pressure's off.
I don't know why the trade deadline would be a sort of deadline but I agreee what ever is blocking him he has to break thru. The game is there. It's either a strength issue or confidence or likely a combination of both.
I'm impressed with the numbers Mudiay is putting up but the the games are getting worse. We have injuries.
Dark days.
Mudiay and Knox have been the bright spots recently. The team really misses Mitch and Zo. Kanter and Kornet are not cutting it on defense and there is no scoring with the second unit. Sitting Trey to free Frank hasn't helped either.

We are not losing because were missing our 2nd rnd pick, and a undrafted rookie, are you kidding me?

we are losing because, mario has not stepped up, frank sucks, trey is buried on the bench, kanter can't stretch the floor, the knicks are mute on defense, zero leadership, and only about 2 players have a define role (thj, mudiay), winning is not a priority, losing doesn't hurt one bit, and that mentality is the worse.

ES
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/22/2018  1:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Dark days.

We are not losing because were missing our 2nd rnd pick, and a undrafted rookie, are you kidding me?

we are losing because, mario has not stepped up, frank sucks, trey is buried on the bench, kanter can't stretch the floor, the knicks are mute on defense, zero leadership, and only about 2 players have a define role (thj, mudiay), winning is not a priority, losing doesn't hurt one bit, and that mentality is the worse.

We're also losing because thj is a checker who doesnt contribute in any other way besides chucking. Kanter is a close to basket player but the worst thing about him besides the defense is hot by at once he gets the ball he's always going to put up a shot.
knicks1248
12/22/2018  3:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2018  3:57 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Dark days.

We're also losing because thj is a checker who doesnt contribute in any other way besides chucking. Kanter is a close to basket player but the worst thing about him besides the defense is hot by at once he gets the ball he's always going to put up a shot.

Oh really, how is he chucking when he's only avg about 15 shots per game, and he didn't asked to be the leader or goto guy, they told him that he would be his role(the wrong role for a player of his caliber), he is avg 3 to 4 assist, which is avg for a SG, he leads the team in FTA and makes.

To make matters worse, you got so many offensively challenges players(who have zero point games ) frank, mario, lance who pass up a ton of open shots, or never get to the FT line, and we're still top 5 in the league in mid range shots.

The coach said it best yesterday.."I DON'T PUT NO PRESSURE ON THESE GUYS TO WIN GAMES"

If you go to work everyday with no expectations to do any work once you get there, what kind of habits will you develop?

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/22/2018  4:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
Dark days.

I am not sure what you are talking about regarding no PNR. Kanter is not a hard cutting big and PNR when available...Mudiay is taking it with Kanter.

The trade deadline next season is a sort of deadline for 2 reasons...
#1... 3 full seasons in the NBA to show some sort of consistent impact
#2... Many youngsters available in the first round based on current FO's eye for talent.

They found Mitch and Trier out of nowhere. I am sure they can find someone consistent and useful in the first round.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

12/22/2018  4:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Dark days.

Oh really, how is he chucking when he's only avg about 15 shots per game, and he didn't asked to be the leader or goto guy, they told him that he would be his role(the wrong role for a player of his caliber), he is avg 3 to 4 assist, which is avg for a SG, he leads the team in FTA and makes.

To make matters worse, you got so many offensively challenges players(who have zero point games ) frank, mario, lance who pass up a ton of open shots, or never get to the FT line, and we're still top 5 in the league in mid range shots.

The coach said it best yesterday.."I DON'T PUT NO PRESSURE ON THESE GUYS TO WIN GAMES"

If you go to work everyday with no expectations to do any work once you get there, what kind of habits will you develop?

stop reading THJr stats and just look at his shot selection every game. I haven't seen a single game in December where he hasn't take bad shots 50% of the time. His assist numbers are up and of course as usual he is trying to take charges, but barely succeeding since people drive by him so much.

I am convinced that barring miracles, he's not going to be a net positive player, unless he's a bench player where his primary role is to score. He's also at an age where habits set in and they are very very hard to change. Its not like he's 19,20,21,22.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1

12/22/2018  4:21 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Dark days.

stop reading THJr stats and just look at his shot selection every game. I haven't seen a single game in December where he hasn't take bad shots 50% of the time. His assist numbers are up and of course as usual he is trying to take charges, but barely succeeding since people drive by him so much.

I am convinced that barring miracles, he's not going to be a net positive player, unless he's a bench player where his primary role is to score. He's also at an age where habits set in and they are very very hard to change. Its not like he's 19,20,21,22.

Thats totally fair. Ive said many times I've been a fan of Timmy since we drafted him and I give him a ton of credit for picking up the slack with KP injured but he is a very streaky player. He does tend to take a lot of bad shots from the 3 point line instead of mixing it up
knicks1248
12/22/2018  5:56 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Dark days.

Thats totally fair. Ive said many times I've been a fan of Timmy since we drafted him and I give him a ton of credit for picking up the slack with KP injured but he is a very streaky player. He does tend to take a lot of bad shots from the 3 point line instead of mixing it up

I have watch THJ since College, and his shot selection is the same as it was in college. His shot selection is the same as it was in ATL.

If we had 2 max players, TH would be open a lot more than he is now. Our spacing is the worse in the NBA, its sooooooooooooooooooo bad, or pick & roll offense is horrible, we have no shooter, very little penetration outside of Mudiay, and THJ.

ES
StarksEwing1

12/22/2018  6:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2018  6:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Dark days.

I have watch THJ since College, and his shot selection is the same as it was in college. His shot selection is the same as it was in ATL.

If we had 2 max players, TH would be open a lot more than he is now. Our spacing is the worse in the NBA, its sooooooooooooooooooo bad, or pick & roll offense is horrible, we have no shooter, very little penetration outside of Mudiay, and THJ.

I’ve watched Timmy since college as have many on here. Timmy has always had issues with shot selection and it has nothing to do with spacing. Many times he has settled for threes instead of driving or using a fake and hitting a shot from inside the line. I love Timmy but I have accepted what he is at this point
Cartman718

12/23/2018  7:08 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Dark days.

AgendaBoy...you dont even watch the games so be quiet. If you did, you'd notice all kinds of terrible shots that he was taking when he is open. The fact of the matter is that he's only a good player in ANY NBA GAME IF AND ONLY IF he consistently drives to the basket.

Spacing has a little bit to do with it, but his shot selection is so bad, he'd rather stand outside the arc and continually launch 3s. If you cannot see that, you are blind

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/23/2018  4:57 PM
AgendaRainMan, I actually agree with you about Hardaway but you can point fingers all day and boast how. You forsaw this, but the fact is nobody gives two shots and a Phuch about your prognostications.
Burke is buried but Frank sucks? Burke sucks too. Thing is Trey is 26 and Little Frankie Wonder is just a pup at 20 with the tools to be a player. Trey is trying and I like the kid but he is soon gone I believe. It’s. Shyt show for now.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/24/2018  10:25 AM
I want Frank to succeed but he has got want to succeed. The biggest problem with Frank is stamina. He plays tired and simply it’s getting boring trying to coax this guy to shoot and be aggressive. You see glimpses but glimpses don’t mean much if he can’t do it consistently. The reason for lack of consistency is a lack of stamina. I have never seen a player walk the ball up the court be so tired. I would suggest the Knicks do away with their strength and conditioning guy and bring in someone with accomplishments. Some will say he is 20 and all that but aggressive play doesn’t know age limitations. Either you play aggressive of you don’t. Right now Frank is very unaggressive. This going to hold his development back. We will be make the same damn excuse next year when he is 21, 22, 23 and so on.

He doesn’t play an attacking style which is a big negative in today’s game. He doesn’t shoot another negative in today’s game where shots are flying up at a ridiculous rate. Now he doesn’t even pass well another negative, at 6,6 he doesn’t even rebound well. WTF is this guy doing does he want it or does want to go back to Europe. You can’t say he has a typical Euro attitude because no Euros are coming in shooting look at Doncic, and KP they shoot it like nobody’s business.

I’m very disappointed in Frank’s play. This is a system where don’t have to worry about anything else but scoring and he isn’t even looking to do so or worse he doesn’t have the stamina for the speed of the game which is worse because the shots won’t fall without it.

knicks1248
12/24/2018  11:54 AM
Mills said the Knicks have periodic player-developmental meetings with 25 staffers on hand.

25 people(about the size of a small firm) focusing on development and this is the kind of progression you get.

Is nobody in that meeting stating the fckng obvious..WE NEED BETTER PLAYERS, who fit better with what the coach wants to do, some of these players(most) are who they re going to be....This roster is going to get people fired

First phil forces the triangle on "NON TRIANGLE players, now we have a free wheeling offense with more half court skill players, and the results are the same..

Forcing frank to play a at a certain pace is no different then forcing melo to play in the triangle, the struggle is real..

Melo is 3rd in MVP voting under WOODSON, Barely an All star in the triangle.

ES
Nalod
USA
12/24/2018  12:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Mills said the Knicks have periodic player-developmental meetings with 25 staffers on hand.

25 people(about the size of a small firm) focusing on development and this is the kind of progression you get.

Is nobody in that meeting stating the fckng obvious..WE NEED BETTER PLAYERS, who fit better with what the coach wants to do, some of these players(most) are who they re going to be....This roster is going to get people fired

First phil forces the triangle on "NON TRIANGLE players, now we have a free wheeling offense with more half court skill players, and the results are the same..

Forcing frank to play a at a certain pace is no different then forcing melo to play in the triangle, the struggle is real..

Melo, Woodson and The Triangle are all gone. Im sure in your mind this made sense at some level.
"We need better players". NO phuching shyt. There is not a person on the board that would disagree with you. You want people fired? We barely have this coaching staff a half a season and your wanting to fire everyone.

StarksEwing1

12/24/2018  9:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2018  9:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Look the 54 win season was fun BUT that team was completely dead by the end of the regular season. It was far too old and even then it wasn’t gonna go too far with those players. Secondly Phil is gone so not sure why you are even bringing up the triangle. The Knicks are finally building the right way
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/25/2018  3:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2018  1:20 PM
Ha, all you Dennis Smith Jr fans- would you do a Frank for him trade? I think the mavs would, I wouldn't- at least when Frank has a good game he seems to have a positive impact, Dennis Smith Jr seems to have a detrimental one.

The Dallas Mavericks are quietly gauging trade interest for Dennis Smith Jr.

Marc Stein originally reported that execs around the league are skeptical of Smith's backcourt chemistry with Luka Doncic and believe he will eventually be moved. And while the Mavs told Stein they aren't actively shopping Smith, scouts and general managers from other teams say that they are exploring opportunities.

Doncic and Smith are a minus-6.1 points per 100 possessions when played together, compared to an average of plus-1.5 points per 100 possessions on the whole.

Smith has only played three games in December due to a wrist injury. He's averaging 13 points, 4 assists, and 3 rebounds on the season.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/252033/Mavs-Gauging-Trade-Market-For-Dennis-Smith-Jr

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/25/2018  7:19 AM
smackeddog wrote:Ha, all you Dennis Smith Jr fans- would you do a Frank for him trade? I think the mass would, I wouldn't- at least when Frank has a good game he seems to have a positive impact, Dennis Smith Jr seems to have a detrimental one.

The Dallas Mavericks are quietly gauging trade interest for Dennis Smith Jr.

Marc Stein originally reported that execs around the league are skeptical of Smith's backcourt chemistry with Luka Doncic and believe he will eventually be moved. And while the Mavs told Stein they aren't actively shopping Smith, scouts and general managers from other teams say that they are exploring opportunities.

Doncic and Smith are a minus-6.1 points per 100 possessions when played together, compared to an average of plus-1.5 points per 100 possessions on the whole.

Smith has only played three games in December due to a wrist injury. He's averaging 13 points, 4 assists, and 3 rebounds on the season.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/252033/Mavs-Gauging-Trade-Market-For-Dennis-Smith-Jr

How bad did the kings and hawks mess up passing on Luka?

If the Knicks didn't have Mudiay I would strongly consider trading Frank for Smith. If the Knicks can bring back Mudiay on a reasonable 2 year deal they could be patient with Frank and hope he develops some offense. Interesting that both Smith and Frank are already the subject of trade rumors this early in their career, I would think Jackson and Monk will be as well soon.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
12/25/2018  10:42 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Melo, Woodson and The Triangle are all gone. Im sure in your mind this made sense at some level.
"We need better players". NO phuching shyt. There is not a person on the board that would disagree with you. You want people fired? We barely have this coaching staff a half a season and your wanting to fire everyone.

I never ever said I want people fired, that's actually the last thing i ever want to see, but look at this BULLSHT roster, it already got JH fired, and you bring in another coach as if he was a better option (with primarily the same roster)and the results are worse.

whenever you have a shty roster, and try and pass it over as developing/rebuilding..heads are going to role..(you have to see progress every game) it's only so much patients in sports..since kp went down,we are the worst team in the league for the second yr in a row, and you thought all these guys needed was a new voice..ha ha

Go look at the suns/magic/kings/lakers/bulls..how many coaches and GMS have they gone through...THE ONLY reason brown(sixers) made it through the process was because of injuries to BEN and EMBIID.

I like FIZ, but damn dude, no system, players don't know their roles, horrible defense, too many rotation changes, can't build chemistry that way, blowing a 15 point lead to the worst team in the league @ HOME is rock bottom..

ES
Nalod
USA
12/25/2018  10:54 AM
Ben and Embiid playing makes team better so why fire a good coach until you get our players on the court.
Fiz is not half thru his first season with a roster destined to again have big changes. Looking for keepers and who needs work.
There is “rebuild” which means in part a tear down. That’s been done. now its just building.
Your emotionally ranting and venting. It’s not a good look.
Perry is in year two. Fiz in year one. Your in Year 5.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
12/26/2018  7:08 AM
As I said in another thread, Frankie needs to be paired with a ball handling shooter..that’s where Alonzo Trier comes in. Have not seen this backcourt yet. Make Trier the primary ball handler and we might have something. If not then if the right deal came along, we would need to consider a deal.
Freeing Frank......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy