[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Freeing Frank......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/20/2018  1:01 PM
Its obvious Fiz sees something in Frank and wants him to play thru it and "Be Free"......
Im rooting for my rookie! Im rooting for the knicks! Im rooting for his career!!!
https://nypost.com/2018/12/20/frank-ntilikinas-offense-has-disappeared-and-fizdale-knows-why/
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/20/2018  1:43 PM
Uhhh, I think he was your rookie last year
sidsanders
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2426

12/20/2018  1:52 PM
<1248 bat signal>
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/20/2018  1:54 PM
sidsanders wrote:<1248 bat signal>

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/20/2018  1:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/20/2018  1:55 PM
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/20/2018  2:31 PM

lol
its not even a debate anymore,

he sucks

ES
jrodmc
USA
12/20/2018  2:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

lol
its not even a debate anymore,

he sucks

a debate? ...I thought this was Nalod's "Trade Frank For Free" thread...

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/20/2018  3:29 PM
I am with you Nalod. There are quite a few examples of players sticking in the NBA simply on defense alone. Since I only follow the Knicks I'll go with Jared "Fishlips " Jeffries. Frank is a better defender already and a better offensive player. That quote of being 2 years away from being 2 years away might prove to be prophetic. Perhaps our cap will be in terrible shape by then and we could only sign Frank to a small contract only to see him finally blossom in year 5. Thus rounding off the roster on a super team friendly deal. Other teams have enquired about him so it looks like other GMs have similar ideas about him
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
USA
12/20/2018  3:46 PM
No debate, just an article that no doubt some reporter asked Fiz about Frank as he has not had a good string of games.
What is there to debate? The team is not playing well. Frank is part of that group.
Fiz spoke. We read. No tea leave prognostications. The game is played and speaks for itself.
Jrod, All knicks drafted are "my" rookies. I root for them. All of them. Emotional rants are welcome. Just not respected.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/20/2018  4:27 PM
Frank is gonna be Michael Cooper one day if he can ever find some confidence and drive. That's all I can give him.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
12/20/2018  4:46 PM
EnySpree wrote:Frank is gonna be Michael Cooper one day if he can ever find some confidence and drive. That's all I can give him.

Eny, I really don't know what this kid is going to be quite "frankly"......
I saw the team live in charlotte last week and was surprised in person how slight Frank is. Knox too.
Since Drafted frank has grown at least another inch and really he looks tall next to others. Both of them have good frames and should fill out. Frank physically looks younger than Knox. what does that mean? When frank is hitting shots and driving he is smooth and calculated. To me, and just observation is he lacks the strength. Pin head fans who rather be "right" than anyting else are lazy and just figure it will never happen.
We have gone from drafting ready made guys like Jordan Hill, Channing Fry and shump who really did not have much upside to now drafting "kids". Frank and Knox have game. Mitch Robinson is also way under developed but you see glimpses into what they can be. They are young and physically under developed. I applaud the knicks approach. We have three guys that are really young.
Looking at KP, he is very wide at the hips and shoulders and if his slight anemic condition is not a problem he too will be a big problem for the league to contend with.
This season we are trending down and should have another young blue chip talent to draft.

Teams don't hit a high percentage of draft picks so it might be Frank is a bust and we move on. Happens to other teams. That is no reason to stop drafting and building thru the draft. At the same time lady luck appears and you get Mitch and Trier. They are not just players for the future but also trade assets to complete a team. This is why adding Durant is not a crazy idea and think that in his tenure (not year one) this team really can blossom into something special. Free agents, Draft core, Trades........All three.

I can't see the future, but it don't mean there is not one.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/20/2018  5:58 PM
Nalod wrote:No debate, just an article that no doubt some reporter asked Fiz about Frank as he has not had a good string of games.
What is there to debate? The team is not playing well. Frank is part of that group.
Fiz spoke. We read. No tea leave prognostications. The game is played and speaks for itself.
Jrod, All knicks drafted are "my" rookies. I root for them. All of them. Emotional rants are welcome. Just not respected.
Great Post. As knick fans we should root for our kids to succeed. Now that doesnt mean they all will. In regards to Frank its possible it doesnt work out here, not the first or last time that will happen to a lottery pick. I just dont see the point in giving up on a kid who has only been here a little over a year. We all knew from day 1 he was raw offensively. He has shown some good flashes but hasnt been able to keep it going for a long period yet. Doesnt mean he wont.
colorfl1
Member: #731
Canada
12/20/2018  7:11 PM
I really don't understand people being tough on Frank -- he is a kid -- once his body fills out he will penetrate with force and be a major matchup advantage.
His shot will improve with years of experience -- he is a great team oriented player with intangibles at a very early age.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

12/20/2018  8:16 PM
On a losing team a Franks intangibles don’t mean much....but put Frank on the Spurs or GS...you have a player that will look and play different in that environment
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/21/2018  8:10 AM
Frank needed to be in a system where he would be asked to bring the ball up, look for the first option scorer (Porzingis) or hot hand and then move off the ball to a spot up position. He would at times be a point guard, shooting guard and small forward. Not really a pure any particular position. Meanwhile be a defensive leader by stopping the ball and being aggressive on that end.

Fiz is trying to make him into a traditional point guard or aggressive scorer and attacker, which wasn't his game. It may work, as Frank has the physical tools to be able to overpower and scorer over smaller people inside the paint and in the midrange. I just don't know if that's who he is.

I think when Phil drafted him, he saw him as a swiss army knife type, who could play a Derek Fisher role right away. The Knicks then changed regimes, and coaching has changed a few times as well. Frank hasn't been allowed to play the way I thought we brought him in to play. With all the point guard and guard competition on the team, and most of these guys like Mudiay/Burke/Trier are all like Frank in regards to try and prove they can make it in the league, it's even tougher for a young player like Frank to develop because he's got players better at the skills Fiz values who are trying to make it in the league as well.

If the Knicks really were serious on developing Frank, they would do what they did with Porzingis, or what they are with Knox. You wouldn't have other young players trying to beat him out for playing time, and you would surround them with a veteran/veterans who can help the young player develop.

jrodmc
USA
12/21/2018  10:24 AM
Nalod wrote:No debate, just an article that no doubt some reporter asked Fiz about Frank as he has not had a good string of games.

Nalod, no emotional ranting intended.
Just pointing out that somewhere in the midst of your emotional attachment statement, you lost sight of the fact Frankie's not a rookie anymore....

For the record, I have no tampon-ing to do with Frank. I'm still pulling for him to be at least the defensive half of Clyde someday, maybe off the bench.

Nalod
USA
12/21/2018  11:51 AM
jrodmc wrote:

Nalod, no emotional ranting intended.
Just pointing out that somewhere in the midst of your emotional attachment statement, you lost sight of the fact Frankie's not a rookie anymore....

For the record, I have no tampon-ing to do with Frank. I'm still pulling for him to be at least the defensive half of Clyde someday, maybe off the bench.

I stand by what I said despite your anal retentive "gotchas", "All knicks drafted are MY rookies". I root for whom we draft more than guys we bring in via trade or free agents. Frank is not a rookie. He is 20 and Im in with the long view of potential. Call it what you want.
Maybe when he starts shaving I'll be more objective.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/21/2018  8:04 PM
I said in another thread...he has until next season trading deadline to show progress. FO is not going to be that patient with him unless we score bigtime in free agency AND the draft. If both of those things happen, pressure's off.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
12/22/2018  8:24 AM
Cartman718 wrote:I said in another thread...he has until next season trading deadline to show progress. FO is not going to be that patient with him unless we score bigtime in free agency AND the draft. If both of those things happen, pressure's off.
I don’t know why the trade deadline would be a sort of deadline but I agreee what ever is blocking him he has to break thru. The game is there. It’s either a strength issue or confidence or likely a combination of both.
I’m impressed with the numbers Mudiay is putting up but the the games are getting worse. We have injuries.
No pick and roll game with Kanter and the ball movement is not good.
Dark days.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/22/2018  9:22 AM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:I said in another thread...he has until next season trading deadline to show progress. FO is not going to be that patient with him unless we score bigtime in free agency AND the draft. If both of those things happen, pressure's off.
I don't know why the trade deadline would be a sort of deadline but I agreee what ever is blocking him he has to break thru. The game is there. It's either a strength issue or confidence or likely a combination of both.
I'm impressed with the numbers Mudiay is putting up but the the games are getting worse. We have injuries.
No pick and roll game with Kanter and the ball movement is not good.
Dark days.
Mudiay and Knox have been the bright spots recently. The team really misses Mitch and Zo. Kanter and Kornet are not cutting it on defense and there is no scoring with the second unit. Sitting Trey to free Frank hasn't helped either.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Freeing Frank......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy