[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tankathon GameThread: Knicks host Phoenix
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/18/2018  6:21 AM
Who is to know or say that he has stopped progressing?
I’m not ready to give him a long term deal but props to the process!!
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/18/2018  10:54 AM
Chandler wrote:12 assists 11 TOs

Fugly. This is not good. Losing sucks. But this is much worse than the inconsistency of youth

We are clueless on both ends of the court

In a contest between two of the worst teams in the league, one played a team offense and credible defense the other played hero ball. Now there's a lot of fans who think hero ball is the way to go, no matter those scrubs never play a lick of defense. As long as your efg% has improved you are a "success". What bothers me is Fizdale seems to be assigned with that way of thinking or he is waiting for the players to show enough consistency before he teaches them any offense. Or we are trying to be the ultimate destination for lottery picks turned bust to come rehab their careers.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/18/2018  11:04 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Uptown wrote:Another 30 point game for Mudiay....Averaging 25pts, 7 asts, and 5 rbs over the last 4 games on 54% shooting!!

The issue with him is that he knows very little on how to actually run a team's offense.
He looks for his own shot, and his teammates don't know if he's going to pass even when they are open.

The Nuggets have gotten better without him by a lot.
The Knicks won't go anywhere with Mudiay.

I hope they can turn Kanter and Mudiay into another asset, neither should be re-signed beyond this season.
Does any good team in the league start Mudiay?

Knicks have two starting caliber players, IMO. One is obviously KP. The other is possibly Knox, if he keeps developing, Hardaway is a 6th man on a good team. This roster needs massive change.

If I'm Porzingis, why on earth do I sign my next 5 years to play with this crap?

You can tell by the excitement from the guys who loved the Melo style of hero ball, that's this is exactly the wrong type of player fir this team. It's what we were trying to get away from. Another shoot first ball handler who doesn't play defense.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/18/2018  11:31 AM
WP76 wrote:I know I'll get hate mail on this but when exactly is the expiration date on the "Frank is young" rationalization?

Nothing should have or should change the principals from when he was first drafted. If a deal you can't refuse is offered then take it because it's a deal you can't refuse. Other than that continue to develop him. One of the best case scenarios is that he hits his stride after he is retained for less value than he becomes. Or if he is a solid role player that he is paid with a value contract.

He only becomes an issue if his contract exceeds his value. If he doesn't turn into a quality player than he will eventually get beat out by the competition.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Tankathon GameThread: Knicks host Phoenix

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy