[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Poll: who will be the best rookie on our team by the All-star break?

Author Poll
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
So after pre-season, the majority of the buzz was on Knox, with Robinson a close second and Trier a distant third. Then things changed in the pre-season leading into the regular season, where Trier has established himself as an all-rookie first team candidate, Robinson has shown flashes of brilliance (and some solid defensive advanced stats), and Knox struggled mightly until a recent hot stretch and promotion to the starting lineup.

Who's going to own it over the next 20 games?
Knox has the momentum now - summer league superstar Knox has re-emerged. Looks bigger, longer, and faster than the competition. The motor is back. Perhaps the difference is that he's matched up with more 4's. The key for him is to simply make a higher percentage of his shots. If he can drag his season average over 40% and start drawing fouls again, he'll be in good shape to take over Trier.

Trier has been altogether the most complete rookie. Scores like a seasoned pro, shoots high percentages, plays surprisingly solid D. He has dazzled much like rookie TH Jr (even better!). But now he's dealing with an injury.

Robinson - leads the Knick rookies with an ESPN PER of 17+(Allonzo is around 13, Knox is under 10). He is a defensive force, - at 3.8bpg per 36 - but his per 36 8.2rpg and 9.8ppg numbers are less than what I expected. He'll be judged on whether he can control his foul rate and stay in games more.

I'm really pleased with our rookies this year. They've shown some pretty good upside and potential. I won't even get into who I think will be the best of 'em long term (okay, I will... I can envision Robinson earning all-defensive team consideration sooner than later and being talked about in the same breath as Rudy Gobert and Clint Capela).

Kevin Knox has it locked up
Iso-Zo Trier does it all
Mitchell Robinson blocks the rest to the top spot
View Results

Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/14/2018  2:04 PM
Voted for Iso-zo...
He is most improved as expectations were low to non.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/14/2018  2:07 PM
Not sure how serious Trier's "injury" is. It bought the team time negotiate a new deal. That said, I expect Trier to have the best rookie campaign going forward. Of course, that's dependent on the line up Fiz lands on when he spins his daily wheel of misfortune. As far as upside, I expect Mitchell to continue showing the most intrigue. Knox probably has the clearest path, assuming the Hezonja experiments are over.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Poll: who will be the best rookie on our team by the All-star break?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy