[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Have to wonder if Noah was part of the problem with Hernangomez
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/14/2018  11:19 AM
Now that the details of Noah's banishment from the team have come out, it makes me wonder if Noah's influence had any effect on the lack of progress Hernnangomez had in his development. Pure speculation but, Willy had all the talent and remained glued to the bench until he was dealt to Charlotte for a couple of second round picks in February. Coincidentally Noah was banished from the team in January.

Did Hernangomez also fall victim to the NYC night life while being mentored by Noah?

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/12/14/18140367/on-joakim-noah-the-latest-knicks-free-agent-to-play-us-all-for-chumps

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2018  11:45 AM
Rookie wrote:Now that the details of Noah's banishment from the team have come out, it makes me wonder if Noah's influence had any effect on the lack of progress Hernnangomez had in his development. Pure speculation but, Willy had all the talent and remained glued to the bench until he was dealt to Charlotte for a couple of second round picks in February. Coincidentally Noah was banished from the team in January.

Did Hernangomez also fall victim to the NYC night life while being mentored by Noah?

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/12/14/18140367/on-joakim-noah-the-latest-knicks-free-agent-to-play-us-all-for-chumps

For me, thought Willy didn't know what to do on D, didn't make a noticeable change after first year. Maybe that was just on lack of offseason work, maybe it was also part of other things. Who know

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/14/2018  12:29 PM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:Now that the details of Noah's banishment from the team have come out, it makes me wonder if Noah's influence had any effect on the lack of progress Hernnangomez had in his development. Pure speculation but, Willy had all the talent and remained glued to the bench until he was dealt to Charlotte for a couple of second round picks in February. Coincidentally Noah was banished from the team in January.

For me, thought Willy didn't know what to do on D, didn't make a noticeable change after first year. Maybe that was just on lack of offseason work, maybe it was also part of other things. Who know

That was my frustration with him as well. Definitely seemed to lack the maturity to take the next step and strengthen his weaknesses. But your right, who knows. If KP couldn't imprint his work ethic on him, probably can't hang it on Noah either. Either you want it or you don't.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/14/2018  2:07 PM
He's glued to the bench getting 10 minutes a game. Who's to blame in Charlotte? MJ?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/14/2018  2:14 PM
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:

That was my frustration with him as well. Definitely seemed to lack the maturity to take the next step and strengthen his weaknesses. But your right, who knows. If KP couldn't imprint his work ethic on him, probably can't hang it on Noah either. Either you want it or you don't.

We did have KOQ, one of the hardest workers on the team, in the lineup, too. He's also another local product. Willy could have looked to him for guidance. I just think Willy was/is delusional about his impact on the game. That said, he looked like he was in better shape coming into the season. He's also hitting threes. Maybe he's taking things more seriously, but the Hornets just have a lot of centers

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/14/2018  2:23 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:

We did have KOQ, one of the hardest workers on the team, in the lineup, too. He's also another local product. Willy could have looked to him for guidance. I just think Willy was/is delusional about his impact on the game. That said, he looked like he was in better shape coming into the season. He's also hitting threes. Maybe he's taking things more seriously, but the Hornets just have a lot of centers

Alan Hahn insinuated back in the off season that there’re was a good reason we didn’t bring back KOQ (hinted at locker room issues)

smackeddog
12/14/2018  2:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2018  2:36 PM

Dudes a disgrace.

I do wonder if the damage done to KP is fixable- when he came here he had the same attitude and work ethic as Knox and Mitch, but we gave him melo and Noah as mentors- definitely impacted him for the worse.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2018  3:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Dudes a disgrace.

I do wonder if the damage done to KP is fixable- when he came here he had the same attitude and work ethic as Knox and Mitch, but we gave him melo and Noah as mentors- definitely impacted him for the worse.

It did? How? I didn't notice

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
12/14/2018  4:58 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Dudes a disgrace.

Remember Hahn talking about him working out less in his second season or something, and that he lost the fire in his belly in amongst all the Phil stuff. Then skipped his exit interview and became a bit diva-ish. Even his Instagram stunt this season that embarrassed Fiz (when fiz said he wasn’t sprinting yet to try and keep the attention off KPs return).

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/14/2018  5:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Dudes a disgrace.

Remember Hahn talking about him working out less in his second season or something, and that he lost the fire in his belly in amongst all the Phil stuff. Then skipped his exit interview and became a bit diva-ish. Even his Instagram stunt this season that embarrassed Fiz (when fiz said he wasn’t sprinting yet to try and keep the attention off KPs return).

Hooefully he appreciates what he had and the injury was a reset for him in terms of motivation. This team has shown some signs that it could be built to last if managed correctly. It is very early but this past draft class for the Knicks may have produced 3 starters. Frank turning the corner on offense.... There is a lot to be excited about.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/14/2018  5:37 PM
Rookie wrote:Did Hernangomez also fall victim to the NYC night life while being mentored by Noah?

When Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, he actually was the then 4th QB on his own roster. He was only selected because Tim Rattay was off the board by the time the Patriots drafted. ( Oddly enough, many 49ers scouts wanted local kid Brady instead...)

When he met owner Robert Kraft, he said, "Drafting me is the best decision you've ever made with this football team"

Then he proceeded to show up first every day and be the last to leave. There were times the staff and coaches had to tell the guy to just go home.

When the Colts were thinking about taking Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning, each were asked what they would do right now if the Colts drafted them. Manning said he wanted a copy of the playbook and would fly out immediately to meet and discuss strategy with the offensive coaches and wanted to make time to get to know his offensive linemen and skill position players right away.

When rookie WRs would come in, Manning was waiting for them. With playbooks and laptops and game film, and would break down film with them.

Hernangomez did not defend the rim. He could not space the floor. He did well to start but did not counter adjust when teams scouted him out. When he got on the court in his 2nd season, he gave little to no effort.

Noah's an *******, but Hernangomez had to want it. He has/had the talent for it. But no one makes you sit down with rookies, many of whom are gonna get cut anyway, and go over game film with them. No one makes Brady sit in the parking lot waiting for someone to unlock the damn doors, he's that early.

Watch Patrick Beverley. He plays like a gun is to his head. All the time.

Watch old video of Wayne Chrebet blazing down the field while MeShawn jogs it out like a bitch.

The problem with Hernangomez is he's not naturally talented enough to get away with being an *******.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/14/2018  7:21 PM

Noah is a complete *******. I used to like him but admitting partying ruinined his play when he is earning 18 million a year is disgusting

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/15/2018  6:36 AM

Then how do you explain Willy not getting any burn in Charlotte away from both Noah and NYC?
Swishfm3
Member: #392
12/16/2018  1:01 AM
How about you hold these "professional" GROWN men responsible for their own actions instead of looking for excuses as to why they haven't reached whatever ridiculous expectations you've set out for them.

The problem lays with Hernangomez and no one else.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/16/2018  8:38 AM
Willy is still a marginal contributor. Still a good offensive talent but just not a good player. Since he hasn't really broken out its hard to pin this on Noah.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/16/2018  11:25 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Rookie wrote:Did Hernangomez also fall victim to the NYC night life while being mentored by Noah?

When Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, he actually was the then 4th QB on his own roster. He was only selected because Tim Rattay was off the board by the time the Patriots drafted. ( Oddly enough, many 49ers scouts wanted local kid Brady instead...)

When he met owner Robert Kraft, he said, "Drafting me is the best decision you've ever made with this football team"

Then he proceeded to show up first every day and be the last to leave. There were times the staff and coaches had to tell the guy to just go home.

When the Colts were thinking about taking Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning, each were asked what they would do right now if the Colts drafted them. Manning said he wanted a copy of the playbook and would fly out immediately to meet and discuss strategy with the offensive coaches and wanted to make time to get to know his offensive linemen and skill position players right away.

When rookie WRs would come in, Manning was waiting for them. With playbooks and laptops and game film, and would break down film with them.

Hernangomez did not defend the rim. He could not space the floor. He did well to start but did not counter adjust when teams scouted him out. When he got on the court in his 2nd season, he gave little to no effort.

Noah's an *******, but Hernangomez had to want it. He has/had the talent for it. But no one makes you sit down with rookies, many of whom are gonna get cut anyway, and go over game film with them. No one makes Brady sit in the parking lot waiting for someone to unlock the damn doors, he's that early.

Watch Patrick Beverley. He plays like a gun is to his head. All the time.

Watch old video of Wayne Chrebet blazing down the field while MeShawn jogs it out like a bitch.

The problem with Hernangomez is he's not naturally talented enough to get away with being an *******.

Yup.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/16/2018  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2018  12:02 PM
How many players have we heard state that the NY nightlife was a distraction? We heard of players getting shot, robbed ,DUI's, strip club stories with both Marbury and Ewing. Most of our rookies 2nd season is always a disappointment

It's probably one of the reason Phil had those boot camp like training camps at WEST POINT, to instill discipline, focusness, and sacrifice.
Playing in NY requires a lot of that. When I lived in NY i partied at least 4 nights a wk and and would always run into NBA players, actors, rappers.

Absolutely never a dull moment

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/17/2018  2:33 PM
"You always take the weather with you"!!!
Shame that Noah totally blew us off like that. Blame lies in due diligence or therein the lack of!!
JR smith was a bone head which is why he was available after the strike was over and he came from China.
Noah got paid big money and perhaps had convinced Jax that he was not going to party out. He lied.
Melo was going to "Sacrifice my game". He might have tried. But he didn't.
As for blaming noah for Willy? Not buying that. I agree a pro has to be a pro no matter what. Willy always laughing. During warmups he was very animated Friday night. Some guys can do that, some can't. They have scowls.
KP seems to have a hard work ethic.
The proof is on the court.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/17/2018  3:05 PM
Welpee wrote:

Then how do you explain Willy not getting any burn in Charlotte away from both Noah and NYC?

I think it's more to do with Willy's development to this point. Maybe if he had better influences in NY, he would be a better player today. But too many variables to pin it all on Noah. I personally think his game is just not modern enough, and that is hurting him the most. He's like a really poor man's Kanter in terms of strengths and weaknesses.

FireHornacek
Member: #7584

12/17/2018  3:54 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
When the Colts were thinking about taking Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning...

There's another bit to that story that I've often heard. Good time to share it here.

Supposedly the Colts did give Manning and Leaf the playbook prior to draft day...but the Colts placed a $100 bill somewhere in amongst the final pages. The idea was only a guy who read through the entire playbook would notice the bill. Story goes Manning returned the bill to the club secretary, Ryan Leaf did not.

Whether true or not, great story.

Have to wonder if Noah was part of the problem with Hernangomez

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy