[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Say it loud! Shandon Anderson Sucks!!!!
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
9/20/2004  10:34 AM
Remember when Shandon was asking to have his contract paid off because he wasnt getting enough PT? The guy is one of the most overpaid players in the NBA,isnt worth a quarter of his contract and he was whining about minutes!He deserves to be called out.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/20/2004  11:32 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Im not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet. This team could come together, and it could just go "thud".

But I am looking forward with interest to the start of the season!

What bandwagon?

You are not a Knicks fan if you aren't on the bandwagon. I'm a die hard buddy.....If the Knicks had a team full of Shandon Andersons I'd still be rooting for them.

The fact is Shandon is now the worse option the Knicks have at swingman. The best thing Shandon Anderson ever did was dunk on Gerald Wallace. If that is the highlight of your Knick career then you are worthless.

Moochie has at least hit some meaningful jumpers down the stretch of games during the season. DeMarr hit some clutch three pointers a few times.

I think Shandon had a stretch of 3 games where he was scoring well but if you are getting starters minutes you have to do more than 4.3 pts in 29.3 minutes in 4 playoff games. 4!!!! 1, 2, 3.....4!

Geez Louis rice and peas, macaroni and cheese desease.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/20/2004  12:04 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

What is that, some kind of Laverne and Shirley rant??
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/20/2004  12:33 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Can I use this in the Houston thread for all the Houston apologists to see?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/20/2004  2:00 PM
I ain't loving on shandon, he sucks just as much last year as he did the year before.

I hope he is taking 300 jump shots a day and give Vin a run for the money in comeback player of the year.

Im not hating on any of our players. Moochie, Penny, Shandon are just pieces we need to keep because of money. Thats all. But Im not hating on shandon, not while he is a knick. I hope he contributes!.

Bandwagon? Some treat Isiah like a cartoon hero or somthing. IM not going there.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
9/20/2004  2:17 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by diderotn:

Now, this right here is an insane statement. You must not be a real Knick fan. Anderson is worst than horrible. Because of him, we got our tail killed by many teams in the NBA. Get rid of him and play the young kid ( Ariza).
Posted by matt:

Anderson is not the Knicks problem, and getting rid of him wouldn't propel us into the the finals so I don't see the problem

Its not insane, Shandon is a by product of bad decision making. Change the thinking, you change the team. Ok, while the team is younger and more athletic, the only way to do that was go out longer in spending commitment. Thats ok so long as we hold onto guys like Azira and Sweets.
But its also a little out there to give the job to Azira based on summer league play. The kid is very young, and not yet a pro. He needs to earn it.

When Shandon was traded for he was promising player whom had nice upside and looked ready to break out. Before we anoint Craw the keys to the city, lets hope he also steps it up too and not go the way of Shandon.

ANd don't tell me Im hating on the team, I just don't drink the same Kool Aid you do. This team for 32 years is about smoke and mirrors to create a buzz enough to fill the building and drive up revenue. Don't be so naive otherwise.

I long have promoted a youth movement and growing our own stars. Would a real fan not be willing to be patient to do that? OR is a real fan just jump on the latest buzz and elevate a players status in the offseason out of lack of anything better to do?

I agree with Nalod. The problem is not Shandon. He is a good defender and he is relatively fast and can finish on the break. He has no outside shot, which the Nets series exposed, but in reality he should be a slashing backup SF, not a jumpshooting SG. He was playing out of position due to injury.

But again, none of that is the problem. The problem is the guy who signed him to a 6-year $48 million dollar deal (Layden for those who forget). Having Shan around isn't the end of the world, but people get confused into thinking that way purely because of his salary. Does anyone remember the two games against Boston early in the year that the Knicks won? Allan was out and Shandon played extremely well, I believe he had 25 pts in one game and 16 in the other as well as great D on Pierce. Without those two wins, the Knicks don't make the playoffs. So give Shan a break. The key now is we have Isiah signing people with a much different philosophy than Layden used. Time will tell if the end results are different, or just the playing style.

All you Shan haters sound like you didn't watch a single Knicks game in between Camby leaving and Marbury coming. People need to calm down and give Shan credit for playing hard during the Dark Years.
¿ △ ?
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
9/20/2004  2:44 PM
I'm not a fan of Shandon, but he is a product of a horribe Layden decision. If his contract were expiring this year, imagine how much you would not care. Imagine Layden had been sane in his signings of Weatherspoon, Eisley, Anderson, and Houston and how much more we could have done. Ahhhh. Coulda Shoulda.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
9/20/2004  2:48 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Now, this right here is an insane statement. You must not be a real Knick fan. Anderson is worst than horrible. Because of him, we got our tail killed by many teams in the NBA. Get rid of him and play the young kid ( Ariza).

Posted by matt:

Anderson is not the Knicks problem, and getting rid of him wouldn't propel us into the the finals so I don't see the problem

Insane = realistic right?

So let me make sure I understand. According to your respose to my "insane statement" you're saying the Knicks would get into the finals if Anderson was released tomorrow? Is "the young kid" the answer to every problem the Knicks will have? I know he has potential but he hasn't played an NBA game yet, how do we know that he is much better to Anderson.

It's not like Anderson is going to be starting either; the only time I remember him starting is when Houston had an injury, and now there is Crawford and Penny for that along with the young kid....

[Edited by - MATT on 09/20/2004 14:50:34]
Say it loud! Shandon Anderson Sucks!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy