[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Say it loud! Shandon Anderson Sucks!!!!
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/19/2004  10:51 AM
Let's make a sticky about how wack Shandon Anderson is!!!!!

With Penny, Crawford, Marbs, Timmy, Houston, Brewer, Ariza.....there should be no reason for Shandon to ever put on a Knick uniform ever again!

He shouldn't even get a seat on the bench.....They should make him sell Beers and Cracker Jacks.

Sticky Me!!!!

Here 's one good reason to get forget that Shandon is on the roster: Through 4 playoff games......4.2pts in 29.3 minutes!!!! lets not mention the 2 rebs and 2 assists......he only averages 4pts and had the nerve to only hit 28% from the field!

If he ever suits up at MSG wearing a Knicks uniform.....I don't care fi it's a Willis Reed throw back!!! He better not play a single new york minute.

[Edited by - enyspree on 09/19/2004 10:52:36]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/19/2004  11:10 AM
I know we all don't really like Shandon, and we all would like to see him gone, but this may be taking it a little bit too far.

Yes, he is overpaid, and Yes, I feel sick to my stomach everytime I watch him dribble the ball off his foot on a fast break, but he is an OK defender, and if we live him out of any and all offensive plays, and don't let him take away too many minutes from our young guys, he is ok on this team.

...OMG, I think I just defended Shandon...I'm gonna go take my temp or something.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
9/19/2004  11:15 AM
Im going to frame the article that announces his trade
matt
Member: #487
USA
9/19/2004  12:03 PM
I don't know, this is going a little too far I think. I mean there has definetly been worse players for the Knicks, and Lenny isn't dumb to play him over everybody we have so I would worry about him.
EnySpree

9/19/2004  12:16 PM
This isn't Football or Baseball....you don't sub someone in a basketball game just because he is a o.k. defender. Shandon isn't that great of a defender.

Shandon isn't Bruce Bowen. Bruce Bowen at least is money from the three point line and he is a smart player. Shandon is one of the dumbest players I've seen. Trenton Hassell is a bum too but he has actually locked more people up reciently when it counted than Shandon has ever done in his career. Plus Hassell is smart.

He always finds a way to slow the Knicks momentum and he is simply wack. How many times does he hit the side of the back board on a corner three pointer?

I'll give you this though....he does try. Trying doesn't win games. His skill level is sub-par to warrent a spot in the rotation.

I agree he can be good in spurts like 2 minutes here and there but not to over 20 minutes. I would rather see Ariza play if more than one player out the rotation is hurt.

Shandon is a Bum!!!!!

To say Nazr is wack is too harsh. Shandon is a freakin idiot.

[Edited by - enyspree on 09/19/2004 12:19:19]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
9/19/2004  12:48 PM
This isn't Football or Baseball....you don't sub someone in a basketball game just because he is a o.k. defender. Shandon isn't that great of a defender.
Shandon isn't Bruce Bowen. Bruce Bowen at least is money from the three point line and he is a smart player. Shandon is one of the dumbest players I've seen. Trenton Hassell is a bum too but he has actually locked more people up reciently when it counted than Shandon has ever done in his career. Plus Hassell is smart.

I agree that Shandon isn't as good of a defender as Bowen or Hassel, but unfortunately this Knicks team has it's share of sub-average defenders. At the end of the game, if we need a defensive stop, I would put Shandon out there over Houston, and I haven't seen Craw play enough to know how good his D is.

With that said, I do feel that Shandon's negatives outweigh his positives, and should hopefully spend most of his time on the IR. Ariza definately deserves more of a shot at the PT than him.
mattinNH
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #695
9/19/2004  1:27 PM
I agree Shandon isnt a great player, not really even a good player.
And on the current knicks team, I dont think he should get any mins at all.

But in the last couple years, with the crappy teams we've had, he was the source (at times) for boundless energy off the bench. He's kinda the VERY poor man's ginobli, who runs out and tries and always speeds down from end to end, and sometimes does stupid things, but is also sometimes effective in spurts.

So, even tho ariza should probably get any mins left over this year instead of shandon, shandon isn't the most horrible player to have. He could probably fit in somewhere. It's his horrible contract that has kept him off the trading block.
EnySpree

9/19/2004  6:38 PM
Posted by mattinNH:

shandon isn't the most horrible player to have. He could probably fit in somewhere. It's his horrible contract that has kept him off the trading block.

Yeah....he could fit on a team that has a dominant scorer on it where he doesn't have to actually make plays on his own. If he could get on Miami, Houston, Detroit, Indiana, or some team already established.....he would be ok in a 15 minute stint.

By no means does he step foot on a Knicks court!
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
9/19/2004  7:30 PM
Even Rick Brunson is a better player than Shandon IMO.
matt
Member: #487
USA
9/19/2004  8:25 PM
Anderson is not the Knicks problem, and getting rid of him wouldn't propel us into the the finals so I don't see the problem
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
9/19/2004  10:00 PM
Posted by matt:

Anderson is not the Knicks problem, and getting rid of him wouldn't propel us into the the finals so I don't see the problem
i disagree. he IS our problem. thanks scott!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/19/2004  10:39 PM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by matt:

LOL.. Shandon is even worse than Allan Houston. He has to be one of the most worthless players in the league.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
9/19/2004  11:10 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by matt:

LOL.. Shandon is even worse than Allan Houston. He has to be one of the most worthless players in the league.
don't say that silver, apparently he's worth about 35mil to our beloved scott layden.

35 MILLION! WOW!
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

9/19/2004  11:17 PM
SHANDON ANDERSON SUCKS!!!!!!!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/20/2004  3:29 AM
Amen
Silverfuel
USA
9/20/2004  7:44 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Amen
Say it out loud Guns. SHANDON ANDERSON SUCKS!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/20/2004  8:30 AM

Shandon was never the root of our problems. They went deeper than him.

THe system that overpaid players for many years, thru many GM's is still in place.

No doubt we have a better roster this year, but one fact remains, we have some over paid, underachievers on this team. We just have younger more athletic ones this time around.

Im not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet. This team could come together, and it could just go "thud".

But I am looking forward with interest to the start of the season!
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
9/20/2004  9:05 AM
Now, this right here is an insane statement. You must not be a real Knick fan. Anderson is worst than horrible. Because of him, we got our tail killed by many teams in the NBA. Get rid of him and play the young kid ( Ariza).

Posted by matt:

The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/20/2004  9:37 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Now, this right here is an insane statement. You must not be a real Knick fan. Anderson is worst than horrible. Because of him, we got our tail killed by many teams in the NBA. Get rid of him and play the young kid ( Ariza).

Posted by matt:

Its not insane, Shandon is a by product of bad decision making. Change the thinking, you change the team. Ok, while the team is younger and more athletic, the only way to do that was go out longer in spending commitment. Thats ok so long as we hold onto guys like Azira and Sweets.
But its also a little out there to give the job to Azira based on summer league play. The kid is very young, and not yet a pro. He needs to earn it.

When Shandon was traded for he was promising player whom had nice upside and looked ready to break out. Before we anoint Craw the keys to the city, lets hope he also steps it up too and not go the way of Shandon.

ANd don't tell me Im hating on the team, I just don't drink the same Kool Aid you do. This team for 32 years is about smoke and mirrors to create a buzz enough to fill the building and drive up revenue. Don't be so naive otherwise.

I long have promoted a youth movement and growing our own stars. Would a real fan not be willing to be patient to do that? OR is a real fan just jump on the latest buzz and elevate a players status in the offseason out of lack of anything better to do?

Silverfuel
USA
9/20/2004  10:26 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Its not insane, Shandon is a by product of bad decision making. Change the thinking, you change the team.
Either way, Shandon is a problem on the team that needs to be addressed. You have to clean from the bottom up. The team philosophy in picking players has changed from "players of good character" to "players with skill" and Isiah's own, "long and athletic" players. Just because Shandon is not the root cause of he problem does not mean he cannot be blamed.

We are changing the thinking and of course changing the team but in the process we are hating on Shandon too. He really is a tragedy to watch.
When Shandon was traded for he was promising player whom had nice upside and looked ready to break out. Before we anoint Craw the keys to the city, lets hope he also steps it up too and not go the way of Shandon.
Shandon never looked ready to break out, he looked like and alien who did not belong. He was traded for RICE! He never was more than a role player.
ANd don't tell me Im hating on the team, I just don't drink the same Kool Aid you do. This team for 32 years is about smoke and mirrors to create a buzz enough to fill the building and drive up revenue. Don't be so naive otherwise.

I long have promoted a youth movement and growing our own stars. Would a real fan not be willing to be patient to do that? OR is a real fan just jump on the latest buzz and elevate a players status in the offseason out of lack of anything better to do?
No way guy. You are a Knick fan and you have every right to rant about something you dislike about the team. No personal attacks and no one will ask you to prove your loyalty.

I will ask you to verify something though: Are defending Shandon Anderson!? Casue if you are,

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 09/20/2004 10:27:54]
Say it loud! Shandon Anderson Sucks!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy