[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What happened to BRIGGS?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/13/2018  9:29 AM
Briggs is posting on 2 other knick forums and he doesn't get killed over there like he does over here
ES
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/13/2018  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2018  10:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Briggs is posting on 2 other knick forums and he doesn't get killed over there like he does over here

It was quite a few posters here who were great in pushing his buttons to get the worst out of him.
So in different environment and with different posters group he will act differently.
As in real life in the Internet space people alike gravitate to each other or to the forums they are comfortable in.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/13/2018  10:40 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:What comments are we referring to with Briggs? Has he made racist remarks?

Oh, he only wanted to nuke the entire middle east and also south Korea 'to protect his family', but yeah, he's the real victim in all this because he got banned from a basketball forum after multiple warnings. I guess it's all about perspective.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
12/13/2018  12:19 PM
Don't miss BRIGGS. Dude was just spouting plainly racist stuff at the end. It was like FOX news took over his mind.

Now we do need NIXLUVA. His positivity in the face of continued Knick futility is always refreshing.

Trust the Process
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/13/2018  12:24 PM
TheGame wrote:Don't miss BRIGGS. Dude was just spouting plainly racist stuff at the end. It was like FOX news took over his mind.

Now we do need NIXLUVA. His positivity in the face of continued Knick futility is always refreshing.

he only pops in on the game thread..

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/13/2018  1:10 PM
arkrud wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:He probably had enough. I had a similar breakdown. It's a different vibe out there in knick fanville. Briggs is not just some guy. He's an all time great in here. He paid for a bunch of us to a knick game for free many moons ago. Put some respect on his name
Respect for his prejudiced thoughts?

His politics sucked, his basketball fandom didn't.

agree. but life trumps basketball fandom. and his life views were very prejudiced

You can say that about most people. His prejudice went against the majority opinion. That was it.

lol yes that should have been a sign when it comes to topics like racism, humanity, respect for women.

Do not see intentions behind other people mistakes...
Briggs has opinions which are not in line with majority of posters here people in the country.
So he have to shut up or leave. So he letf.
Others decided to shut up and continue to discuss Knicks.
Free country.

corrected

So do you mean he should get out of US or shut up?
Looks like you are a big Democrat...

He shouldn't get out of US or shut up, but he shouldn't use the typical Republican...I am not a scientist but...I am not a racist but...etc..
Talk logically and people will hear you.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/13/2018  3:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:He probably had enough. I had a similar breakdown. It's a different vibe out there in knick fanville. Briggs is not just some guy. He's an all time great in here. He paid for a bunch of us to a knick game for free many moons ago. Put some respect on his name

Some people are easily bought.

Chill...

Maybe I missed what he said. I know he's said some stuff in the past. Did he go off the deep end?

Trust the process. nobody denied him his opinions as he is entitled to them like anyone else.
This is first and foremost a place to discuss basketball.

Does it really matter what my personal views are? If I start voicing some hardline stuff that is factually incorrect and morally objectionable some of you will push back. If I defend such a stance its offensive.
If you had a drunk uncle spouting ignorant offense crap and your friends were offended then you'd ask him to cut it out. If he said no, you'd ask him to leave.
Briggs made his choice to leave. Buying tickets once upon a time does not excuse certain things.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/13/2018  3:47 PM
Nalod wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Some people are easily bought.

Chill...

Maybe I missed what he said. I know he's said some stuff in the past. Did he go off the deep end?

Trust the process. nobody denied him his opinions as he is entitled to them like anyone else.
This is first and foremost a place to discuss basketball.

Does it really matter what my personal views are? If I start voicing some hardline stuff that is factually incorrect and morally objectionable some of you will push back. If I defend such a stance its offensive.
If you had a drunk uncle spouting ignorant offense crap and your friends were offended then you'd ask him to cut it out. If he said no, you'd ask him to leave.
Briggs made his choice to leave.
Buying tickets once upon a time does not excuse certain things.

Pretty good summary. Thanks.

Nix posts but I am assuming work and life is a priority.

Don't know where GustavBahler has been and I hope he is well.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/13/2018  4:36 PM
This team no doubt will test the meddle of any fan. Nixluva is one ardent positive fan!!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/13/2018  5:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TheGame wrote:Don't miss BRIGGS. Dude was just spouting plainly racist stuff at the end. It was like FOX news took over his mind.

I think he is a big twitter guy now.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
12/13/2018  10:08 PM

Wow I forgot about that!

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
12/13/2018  10:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I think he is a big twitter guy now.

Didn't even realize he's not posting here, but yeah I see him too liking statuses on both the Knicks and politics on Twitter.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/13/2018  10:20 PM
smackeddog wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:What comments are we referring to with Briggs? Has he made racist remarks?

Oh, he only wanted to nuke the entire middle east and also south Korea 'to protect his family', but yeah, he's the real victim in all this because he got banned from a basketball forum after multiple warnings. I guess it's all about perspective.

I never got the impression that Briggs was a racist or a bigot. Im sure he doesn't think so. And really the important thing is whether he hates people based on their race. Some of the posts were incendiary for sure though.

The problem is people are very quick to pile on people with different opinions to make themselves feel better about them about themselves and gain approval of others. The end result is that this just reinforces everyone's opinions they hold and solves nothing.

arkrud
USA
12/13/2018  10:44 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I never got the impression that Briggs was a racist or a bigot. Im sure he doesn't think so. And really the important thing is whether he hates people based on their race. Some of the posts were incendiary for sure though.

The problem is people are very quick to pile on people with different opinions to make themselves feel better about them about themselves and gain approval of others. The end result is that this just reinforces everyone's opinions they hold and solves nothing.

Briggs was a minority here as far as his political views go. So he was eradicated.
This how democracy works without checks and balances of Republic and rule of Law.
Minorities are getting eradicated and power of the crowd rules.
Until it creates chaos and society called for strong man, tyranny brings order with violence and oppression.
We see this over and over again around the world like Groundhog day with Arab Spring and Russia as recent textbook examples.
But people still not taking notice.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/14/2018  2:15 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Well, I suppose if you don't think wanting to nuke someone off the face of the earth based on their race is a hateful act or racist, then you probably won't think Briggs comes across as racist.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/14/2018  7:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Well, I suppose if you don't think wanting to nuke someone off the face of the earth based on their race is a hateful act or racist, then you probably won't think Briggs comes across as racist.

Correct, some of the stuff he posted was downright hurtful and bat**** crazy. He did sound completely unstable and in serious need of mental help at times. He couldn't keep his hate pointed towards the politics of an issue. He really honestly believed inner city kids are evil and so on.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
arkrud
USA
12/14/2018  8:14 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Correct, some of the stuff he posted was downright hurtful and bat**** crazy. He did sound completely unstable and in serious need of mental help at times. He couldn't keep his hate pointed towards the politics of an issue. He really honestly believed inner city kids are evil and so on.

So this were some thought passed in his mind at a moment which he put on paper instead of letting them go.
Why people were so worked out about other dude uncontrolled thoughts?
Billions of thoughts passing through the minds of the people every moment and disappear next moment.
Why we should care about this?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/14/2018  9:42 AM
I will miss his passion an commitment
I won't miss the endless threads about prospects. 93246701 threads on prospects and yes a handful panned out. martin, when the Knicks are mathematically eliminated, can we just get one prospect thread stickied?
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/14/2018  9:51 AM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

So this were some thought passed in his mind at a moment which he put on paper instead of letting them go.
Why people were so worked out about other dude uncontrolled thoughts?
Billions of thoughts passing through the minds of the people every moment and disappear next moment.
Why we should care about this?

from martin's perspective: one dude driving away ten is bad for business
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2018  10:54 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
blkexec wrote:He slowly turned this site into a racial discussion or debate on every political agenda, almost on a daily discussion thread. He also adds fuel to the fire on certain current events. Since he refused to keep the topics on knicks

Are you actually asking why someone would say things people won't like in a THREAD ABOUT POLITICS that was LEFT UP IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA and HAD ZERO TO DO WITH THE NY KNICKS on a board designed to TALK ABOUT THE NY KNICKS?

You wanted Briggs to talk about the Knicks, in a thread having nothing to do with the Knicks, left on a board's main area designed to actually talk about the NY Knicks.

While I think Briggs is one of the the dumbest people I've ever met regarding anything about the NBA, that is some serious ****ing horse**** you are spewing.

What the **** did anyone here think would happen when you leave up a thread about politics in a general area designed to talk about an NBA team?

Crazy idea. Really nutty idea here. DON'T GIVE ANYONE A PATHWAY TO TALK POLITICS IN THE GENERAL AREAS DESIGNED TO TALK ABOUT THE KNICKS. Crazy thought right? That NO ONE would have an opportunity to say **** no one wants to hear if there are no open pathways sanctioned to talk topics that only incite people and start **** with people.

Let's just get this down one more ****ing time.

You wanted Briggs to keep the topic on the Knicks IN A POLITICAL THREAD THAT HAD JACK SHIT TO DO WITH THE NY KNICKS. It's on Briggs for the **** he says. How people feel about that is up to them. That Briggs had an open pathway to piss people off, you want to clearly lay that on him too. But you gotta lay a **** load of road down to lay that part on him.

This is an appeal to Andrew, whomever he is and wherever he is right now - If you don't want your board members feuding each other over about clearly polarizing topics like politics, then don't allow those kind of topics to float in the general discussion area.

Something Chuck Daly used to say, and he wasn't the first -

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

PLAY STUPID GAMES. WIN STUPID PRIZES.

PLAY

STUPID

GAMES

WIN

STUPID

PRIZES

You are dead ****ing wrong on this. Politics is not an excuse for people to go bat**** crazy. End of story.

It's the laziest excuse I've ever heard.

And if you can't handle it and think it's OK to spew multiple levels of stupid, this is not the site for you.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
What happened to BRIGGS?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy