lee to go down to the g league
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/12/2018  10:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2018  10:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:I'm fine with Lee doing a stint there, especially since he's been out so long and really isn't part of this teams future, but the name calling of 1248 is pretty juvenile.

I agree. Not sure why this has continued. Saying something in the moment happens. This is different.

I could come back at them and and be as petty as them, but why waist my time,that would make me just as petty, juvenile and narrow minded as them.

My point is basically that the knicks don't seem to be utilizing the g league accordingly. It does take a mature vet to realize a stint in the G league might do him some good.

Your not going to hear no rookie or 2nd yr player volunteer to go down there, thats on management.

That's why the knicks are so far behind in the process of developing players, and our players progression is at a snails pace.

How long have the knicks had the luxury of a minor league team, and how many players from their minor league team made it on to the big league roster and went on to contribute... other than burke, 1 fcking player in over 10 yrs.

They need to sit down with Cashman and the steinbreinners

Who would you send down to G League?
Fiz did not send Lee to G League and does not seem to be in favor of sending guys to G league as a way to develop them. Why would he change his stance? And for who?
The idea that guys cannot be developed with the NBA team, even if they are not getting major minutes, is short sighted. Players have many lessons to learn and some of the most important are learned by observation or off the court. In terms of development timeline, one must realize that the Coaches and FO's time frame for a rookie is quite different than the impatient fan. This timeline is not always predicated on playing time. As Frank proved in his play in our last game, he gained from what Fiz was trying to get accross. The DNPs proved that important development moments, for a second year 20 year old, can be learned in different ways. Ways he may not expose to in the G League.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

12/12/2018  11:15 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:I'm fine with Lee doing a stint there, especially since he's been out so long and really isn't part of this teams future, but the name calling of 1248 is pretty juvenile.

I agree. Not sure why this has continued. Saying something in the moment happens. This is different.

I could come back at them and and be as petty as them, but why waist my time,that would make me just as petty, juvenile and narrow minded as them.

My point is basically that the knicks don't seem to be utilizing the g league accordingly. It does take a mature vet to realize a stint in the G league might do him some good.

Your not going to hear no rookie or 2nd yr player volunteer to go down there, thats on management.

That's why the knicks are so far behind in the process of developing players, and our players progression is at a snails pace.

How long have the knicks had the luxury of a minor league team, and how many players from their minor league team made it on to the big league roster and went on to contribute... other than burke, 1 fcking player in over 10 yrs.

Fiz did not send Lee to G League and does not seem to be in favor of sending guys to G league as a way to develop them. Why would he change his stance? And for who?
The idea that guys cannot be developed with the NBA team, even if they are not getting major minutes, is short sighted. Players have many lessons to learn and some of the most important are learned by observation or off the court. In terms of development timeline, one must realize that the Coaches and FO's time frame for a rookie is quite different than the impatient fan. This timeline is not always predicated on playing time. As Frank proved in his play in our last game, he gained from what Fiz was trying to get accross. The DNPs proved that important development moments, for a second year 20 year old, can be learned in different ways. Ways he may not expose to in the G League.

This
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/12/2018  1:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2018  1:26 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The most obvious.

18 points for frank was not impressive at all because i already seen him do that. He had no assist or rebounds. Let me see what he does for the next couple of weeks or for a 10 game stretch.

But overall, nobody can sit and debate the development process for the knicks, because so far the results have been weak at best for as long as i can remember. I like Fiz, but he's also learning as well,its not like has all this development experience we could look back on.

There are so many better players around the league that are a better fit for fiz system, that would take less time to develop, and that's how mudiay, mario, noah, and burkes prior teams felt about them

frank is a project because not only is he young and immature as far basketball Knowledge, he has to learn an entire different way to play then how he was taught 2 to 3 yrs ago.

It's like teaching somebody to run before they can walk good, instead of forcing the issue and benching him for 3 games, like that's going to magically flip a switch.

ES
StarksEwing1

12/12/2018  1:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The most obvious.

18 points for frank was not impressive at all because i already seen him do that. He had no assist or rebounds. Let me see what he does for the next couple of weeks or for a 10 game stretch.

But overall, nobody can sit and debate the development process for the knicks, because so far the results have been weak at best for as long as i can remember. I like Fiz, but he's also learning as well,its not like has all this development experience we could look back on.

There are so many better players around the league that are a better fit for fiz system, that would take less time to develop, and that's how mudiay, mario, noah, and burkes prior teams felt about them

frank is a project because not only is he young and immature as far basketball Knowledge, he has to learn an entire different way to play then how he was taught 2 to 3 yrs ago.

It's like teaching somebody to run before they can walk good, instead of forcing the issue and benching him for 3 games, like that's going to magically flip a switch.

Look like others have said if Fiz sent Frank down a week ago then i could understand it. However he chose not to. He wanted to let Frank sit and watch a few games and so far the results have been very good. So sending him down now after two good games where he looks much more confident helps how exactly?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/12/2018  1:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The most obvious.

Look like others have said if Fiz sent Frank down a week ago then i could understand it. However he chose not to. He wanted to let Frank sit and watch a few games and so far the results have been very good. So sending him down now after two good games where he looks much more confident helps how exactly?

Not only that but both Burke and Trier are injured at the moment. So unless he wants his favorite player Ron Baker the get all the backup PG mins. Would make even less sense to send him down right now.

Honestly his views are only entertained for entertainment and nothing more.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1

12/12/2018  2:00 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The most obvious.

Not only that but both Burke and Trier are injured at the moment. So unless he wants his favorite player Ron Baker the get all the backup PG mins. Would make even less sense to send him down right now.

Exactly. I mean just because I don’t agree that Frank is trash and is G League player that means I apparently have a “man crush “ on Frank lol. I mean KP and Mitch are probably my two favorites because of their potential and athleticism for big men. I have said many times I wanted Donovan Mitchell in 2017 but I was happy with Frank because I like defense and I see the potential in his offense. I agree he is raw and it may take time but I’m patient. If Fiz sent him down last week I may have not agreed but I would of understood it. Instead I think Fiz has done something better and has yielded real encouraging results so far
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/12/2018  2:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The most obvious.

Exactly. I mean just because I don’t agree that Frank is trash and is G League player that means I apparently have a “man crush “ on Frank lol. I mean KP and Mitch are probably my two favorites because of their potential and athleticism for big men. I have said many times I wanted Donovan Mitchell in 2017 but I was happy with Frank because I like defense and I see the potential in his offense. I agree he is raw and it may take time but I’m patient. If Fiz sent him down last week I may have not agreed but I would of understood it. Instead I think Fiz has done something better and has yielded real encouraging results so far

Apparently Franks 2 seasons as a pro when he was 17-18 built up unbreakable "habits". Forget the fact that he seemed to break those same "habits" during the U18 tournament when he won MVP. But I guess France doesnt teach ball skills etc just look at Tony Parker, oh wait. Parker was one of the best penetrating guards in the NBA during his time and was more of a scorer than pure PG.

So does France teach their players to be pass first gun shy PGs or do they teach them to be penetrating scoring guards like TP?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/12/2018  2:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Petty and juvenile maybe. Narrow minded? You lost me there.

How long have the knicks had the luxury of a minor league team, and how many players from their minor league team made it on to the big league roster and went on to contribute... other than burke, 1 fcking player in over 10 yrs

1. Westchester knicks started in 2014. They are in their 4th season. comparing Yankees or any baseball minor league system to NBA Gleague is comical for a variety of reasons. First of which is the sheer number of players on a baseball team vs. NBA team and the layers upon which players are "farmed".
2. On "fcking" player? Juvenile touch there. Factorially? Notable Alumni: Joakim Noah, Langston Galloway, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Jimmer Fredette, Chasson Randle, Trey Burke, Nigel Hayes, Marshall Plumlee, Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Devin Robinson, Ron Baker, Rashad Vaughn. Westchester has had four players named to All-NBA G League teams in Jimmer Fredette (Second Team), Jordan Bachynski (Third Team), Trey Burke (Third Team) and Luke Kornet (Third Team). Langston Galloway was the team’s first ever NBA Call-Up, while Thanasis Antetokoumpo was the Knicks’ second.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/12/2018  2:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The most obvious.

"The Fiz System"? What are those players and how do we get them?
Im not sure most fans were expecting Frank to flip a switch. I wasn't. I saw him not think as much. Sometimes that works for a lot of applications. We over think things. We get it. You don't like Frank

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/12/2018  4:33 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The most obvious.

Im not sure most fans were expecting Frank to flip a switch. I wasn't. I saw him not think as much. Sometimes that works for a lot of applications. We over think things. We get it. You don't like Frank

Dude I'm not bias in any way shape or from, I don't like players who play below avg at their respective position, and as you can tell by now more than anything in the world, I HATE FCKNG LOSING with a passion. I'm an extremely competitive person and the standards I have for players comes from the knicks of the 80's and 90's.

Some of these players play like they got it like that, and franks progression has been slow and almost non existence

Im not like Meloshouldgo or firehornacek..I couldn't careless who's on the team if we are winning.

you think I don't like frank because i dont have pity on him for his age and his BS game....when he plays well consistently, i'll change my tune about him and be clapping like a seal..

some of you on this board have accepted and welcome losing with open arms

ES
StarksEwing1

12/12/2018  4:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The most obvious.

Dude I'm not bias in any way shape or from, I don't like players who play below avg at their respective position, and as you can tell by now more than anything in the world, I HATE FCKNG LOSING with a passion. I'm an extremely competitive person and the standards I have for players comes from the knicks of the 80's and 90's.

Some of these players play like they got it like that, and franks progression has been slow and almost non existence

Im not like Meloshouldgo or firehornacek..I couldn't careless who's on the team if we are winning.

you think I don't like frank because i dont have pity on him for his age and his BS game....when he plays well consistently, i'll change my tune about him and be clapping like a seal..

some of you on this board have accepted and welcome losing with open arms

NOBODY has accepted losing so please stop spewing that Horsesh#t.
lee to go down to the g league

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy