[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How Did Phil ruin Lebron being a knick?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/11/2018  10:28 AM
https://nypost.com/2018/12/11/interpreting-lebron-james-knicks-tease-which-phil-jackson-ruined/

"The Decision" was in the Walsh was a Patsy era.
Wade was already in Miami.
Lebron went back to Clev. I never saw him being a knick in 2014.
This year was post Phil, and I didn't see him being a knick either.
So when would they have met in "The Garden"? Wade as a knick?
Did they mean "Olive Garden"? "Boston Garden"?

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

12/11/2018  10:34 AM
LeBron was never coming here. Cant blame Phil for every little thing lol
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/11/2018  10:55 AM
yeah, that's what Melo is for!
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/11/2018  11:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018  11:36 AM
"Wade, who won three titles with James in South Beach."

Uh, no...he only won two rings with Lebron. He had one on his own with Shaq before Lebron arrived. Reporting gets more sloppy every day.

Nalod
USA
12/11/2018  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018  12:05 PM
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-lebron-james-dwyane-wade-garden-20181211-story.html
A better article to some degree. Blasts Jimmy again but he is deserving. As for the present, yes I do believe we are moving in the right direction. And yes I think KD would see this place as attractive. Not at the moment. But what can be.
1. Play with a unicorn in NYC.
2. Play with Zion/Barrett/Knox/Frank
If positions are redundant trades can be made. The future is not clear. Players and Agents are not stupid. They know what they want. Its either money, winning, an experience or a combo of each. Fans don't know what they want. Lebron didn't go to a ready made situation. Durant did to GSW. His next move? I don't know but if he wants NY and Money we have it. We have assets. Not ready made, but there could be a vision.
And yes, there is another team in NYC!! In fact. Nets are more "CITY" as the practice facility faces the Manhattan skyline and the arena is a short subway ride to the arena from manhattan. The stupidity of both franchises the last 10 years is notable!!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/11/2018  11:58 AM
On NBA Radio this morning they speculated that it was because of how Phil handled the Melo situation. I don't know tha Lebron was ever coming to NY but the speculation about the comment was that he was going to end his career either playing for the Knicks or the Lakers. Phil gave players a lot of reasons not to want to come to ny. I think Perry has spent a lot of his time restoring relationships with players, agents and front offices.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
12/11/2018  12:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:On NBA Radio this morning they speculated that it was because of how Phil handled the Melo situation. I don't know tha Lebron was ever coming to NY but the speculation about the comment was that he was going to end his career either playing for the Knicks or the Lakers. Phil gave players a lot of reasons not to want to come to ny. I think Perry has spent a lot of his time restoring relationships with players, agents and front offices.

Phil had to go. And he did!!! Melo must be chomping at the bit to play in Laker Land.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/11/2018  12:39 PM
Never want Bron to be a Knick.
Never want Melo to be a Knick.
Not sure if I want KD to be Knick.
I am not a fan of stolen winning.
I like the one which achieved by hard work, smart decisions, and big heart.
Then it is satisfying and sustainable.
Then your team is not a hostage of some supper-talented jerk ego.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
12/11/2018  2:04 PM
https://nypost.com/2018/12/11/behind-lebron-james-fantasy-talk-there-is-a-real-knicks-problem/

But there is another part of this rebuild that’s just as important. There’s more to building a legitimate franchise than patience. Mills and Perry have to change the way the Knicks are viewed by those who will make the most critical difference; eventually, they will need stars to come here. And they have to alter a generational attitude of players who love New York, revere the Garden and scoff at the Knicks.

Those may not have been the words LeBron chose late Monday night. But that was clearly, indisputably, the message./quote]

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/11/2018  2:22 PM
Nalod wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/12/11/behind-lebron-james-fantasy-talk-there-is-a-real-knicks-problem/

But there is another part of this rebuild that’s just as important. There’s more to building a legitimate franchise than patience. Mills and Perry have to change the way the Knicks are viewed by those who will make the most critical difference; eventually, they will need stars to come here. And they have to alter a generational attitude of players who love New York, revere the Garden and scoff at the Knicks.

Those may not have been the words LeBron chose late Monday night. But that was clearly, indisputably, the message./quote]

Yet, we've had guys like Lilliard, Kyrie, Butler and maybe a few others I'm forgetting rumored to have us as potential trade destinations over the past few years. There are also rumors that star guys do not want to play with LeBron. I'm sure there is truth to the article, but there are also other factors. Good, LeBron doesn't want to play in the Garden. Life moves on.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jrodmc
USA
12/11/2018  4:04 PM
arkrud wrote:Never want Bron to be a Knick.

supper-team is the new send closk

jrodmc
USA
12/11/2018  4:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:On NBA Radio this morning they speculated that it was because of how Phil handled the Melo situation. I don't know tha Lebron was ever coming to NY but the speculation about the comment was that he was going to end his career either playing for the Knicks or the Lakers. Phil gave players a lot of reasons not to want to come to ny. I think Perry has spent a lot of his time restoring relationships with players, agents and front offices.

Phil had to go. And he did!!! Melo must be chomping at the bit to play in Laker Land.

Melo's chomping at the bit to play anywhere at this point. But apparently the Laker FO is a little more powerful than this whims of their LeGM.

Nalod
USA
12/11/2018  5:23 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Melo's chomping at the bit to play anywhere at this point. But apparently the Laker FO is a little more powerful than this whims of their LeGM.

We don't know if LeGm even wants him.

CrushAlot
USA
12/11/2018  5:52 PM
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/11/2018  8:00 PM
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:Never want Bron to be a Knick.

supper-team is the new send closk

Not even close... What about supper-pupper-team?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/11/2018  9:20 PM
People are now resorting to speculative fantasies to grind their axe against Phil.
Goes a long way to show the type of "smart" basketball fans we have in NY
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
12/11/2018  11:14 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:People are now resorting to speculative fantasies to grind their axe against Phil.
Are you suggesting that Perry and Mills don't need to rebuild relationships with players, agents and league execs? I havent heard or read where anyone actually claimed to believe that Lebron would have came to ny if Phil wasn't here. But if you call yourself a 'smart' fan and think Phil didn't hurt the Knick organization's rep with players, agents and other league execs then I think you need to redefine yourself as a fan. Pretty sure you called your shot when you posted here before Playa got banned.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/12/2018  12:04 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:People are now resorting to speculative fantasies to grind their axe against Phil.
Are you suggesting that Perry and Mills don't need to rebuild relationships with players, agents and league execs? I havent heard or read where anyone actually claimed to believe that Lebron would have came to ny if Phil wasn't here. But if you call yourself a 'smart' fan and think Phil didn't hurt the Knick organization's rep with players, agents and other league execs then I think you need to redefine yourself as a fan. Pretty sure you called your shot when you posted here before Playa got banned.

Players pick highest AAV/longest deal/most financial security and best pathway to win/contend/start. That's pretty much it. I've seen you push this angle a thousand times Crush, that somehow Jackson tanked some players trade value. Well, the players trade value was sunk because he's a lousy player, or he's injured, or he's old, or his salary is a problem.

People keep citing how Doc Rivers was some kind of hero working for Donald Sterling and essentially running the team during a void when Sterling got ousted. What no one wants to talk about is EVERYONE knew Sterling's history and still worked for him, signed with the Clippers or signed an extension. It's not like it was some huge revelation.

Players say they give a **** about this kind of stuff because most of them are idiots. I loved Ewing as a player. But during a major labor war, he said " We make a lot of money, but we spend a lot money too" Which is one of the ****ing dumbest piece of **** things you can say in public to anyone. ( Not much better than Rip Hamilton ****ting on everyone for years in Detroit and bitching about his "job" when the city he played in was basically being financially gutted and destroyed and abandoned in front of the entire nation)

They don't. Chris Webber and Don Nelson had a reunion. LBJ and Dan Gilbert had a reunion. Matt Barnes **** all over Blake Griffin and then played with him not so long after. Melo and Pringles had a short reunion.

The best the GSW could do years ago was Corey Maggette. No one else wanted to take their money. On a bad roster. Later they got Kevin Durant. They had a lot of open money and they had a strong roster. Do you think it was some reputation buzz that got Durant there?

No one is going to turn down max money and max years because Phil Jackson did or did not do something to player X in the past. If said player has options, he's going to go to his best option, which is not the Knicks. Lance Thomas took out a full page ad blowing Melo in the press. You think a guy like him was going to turn down a 4 year deal over what slights he might have thought Jackson did or did not do to some player?

Your narrative MAKES NO SENSE TO HOW THE NBA MARKETPLACE ACTUALLY OPERATES.

What's the proof? Something LBJ said? You mean the same guy who sent Rich Paul to buy his drugs for him WITH A FUCKING CHECK? A MOTHERFUCKING CHECK? Are you kidding me? The same guy who spent a half hour on TV ****ting on his home city? The same guy who ran multiple rosters into the ground as LeGM? The same guy who tried to get the best coach in the NBA, Spolestra, fired for the crime of telling him that LBJ would need to actually play a different style of offense if they wanted to beat the prototypical Western Finals teams?

You want to believe a ****head who mocked Dirk in the Finals on national TV? Who PAID FOR HIS DRUGS WITH A FUCKING CHECK?

Think about how ****ing stupid you have to be, to pay for your PEDS by sending your guy ( not just some mule) to pay for your ****, WITH A FUCKING CHECK. Does LBJ need Stringer Bell and Avon Barksdale to join his entourage to explain this **** to him?

Yes, it was Phil Jackson. Not the ****ty roster and no money issues.

"What the **** are you doing, man?" - Stringer Bell

"I'm taking notes" - Shamrock, holding Robert's Rules Of Orders in his hands as a guide

"Mother****er, are you taking notes ABOUT A CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY?" - Stringer Bell

Let's fix it a little,

"Mother****er, did you send your straight up homie to pay for your drugs WITH A CHECK?" - Stringer Bell

Yes, yes, LeBron James can't shut up and think it's a 40 degree day because of Zen Master. Fuck him.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/12/2018  8:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Pretty much...phil had to go.

jrodmc
USA
12/12/2018  9:10 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:

We don't know if LeGm even wants him.

We do now; or at least LeGM will be "happy" if Me70 is signed:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/lebron-james-reportedly-wants-carmelo-anthony-to-join-the-lakers/ar-BBQQ1a9

Not sure if "happy" meant he would happen to pee, or maybe he meant to say hey, pee, or maybe...

How Did Phil ruin Lebron being a knick?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy