[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks @ Cavs 7 pm ET Game Thread
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

12/11/2018  9:03 AM
Tristan Thompson: “We’re still 4-time Eastern Conference champions, so until you take us down from that, teams ain’t got much to say. Boston, Philly, they ain’t got much to say. Boston had homecourt Game 7 and lost. Philly, you guys almost got swept. Toronto - we know that story”

Well we are at least 2 wins better than this team so maybe we can come back with a win.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/11/2018  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018  11:10 AM
Please explain to me, OP, why you are hoping for wins this season.

Do you care about the future of the franchise?

Tell me what some meaningless wins to get to 30 wins instead of 25 will do for you.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/11/2018  4:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018  4:02 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:Please explain to me, OP, why you are hoping for wins this season.

Tell me what some meaningless wins to get to 30 wins instead of 25 will do for you.

Why not tell us why are you posting on a Knicks fan site if all you're worried about is ping pong balls?

Why not go play bingo and forget about the Knicks possibly annoying you by winning meaningless basketball games?

Why not spend your time looking at old clips of MCW, Nerlens Noel and OK4?

JamesKPolk

12/11/2018  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018  4:27 PM
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:Please explain to me, OP, why you are hoping for wins this season.

Why not tell us why are you posting on a Knicks fan site if all you're worried about is ping pong balls?

Why not go play bingo and forget about the Knicks possibly annoying you by winning meaningless basketball games?

Yes, you're right. Only busts in the top 5!

Not like every single great team in recent memory hasn't drafted their star players.

No, we need to win 29 games instead of 25 to satisfy...what, exactly? Ego? Self worth? Will you feel better to see a few more wins at the expense of drafting a potential superstar? we've missed out on everyone from Curry to Doncic to Durant and everyone in between due to our inability to simply take for a year or two and actually build the right way. The one time we did - aka the highest we picked in the draft since Patrick - we got Kristaps Porzingis. So, yeah, I'll take a few more losses over cheering some useless victory over a terrible Cavs team in December if it means I can have an opportunity to get myself a great player.

We've lost for 20 years and we've done it the wrong way. Time to try it a different way, aka the way the rest of the NBA does it and succeeds doing it.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
jrodmc
USA
12/11/2018  4:28 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Not like every single great team in recent memory hasn't drafted their star players.

No, we need to win 29 games instead of 25 to satisfy...what, exactly? Ego? Self worth? Will you feel better to see a few more wins at the expense of drafting a potential superstar? we've missed out on everyone from Curry to Doncic to Durant and everyone in between due to our inability to simply take for a year or two and actually build the right way. The one time we did - aka the highest we picked in the draft since Patrick - we got Kristaps Porzingis. So, yeah, I'll take a few more losses over cheering some useless victory over a terrible Cavs team in December if it means I can have an opportunity to get myself a great player.

We've lost for 20 years and we've done it the wrong way. Time to try it a different way, aka the way the rest of the NBA does it and succeeds doing it.

Ummm, dude.

You're posting in a game thread that you hope to lose.

Think about that.

JamesKPolk

12/11/2018  4:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018  4:32 PM
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Ummm, dude.

Think about that.

Good. And so is every rational Knick fan on social media, forums, etc.

We're not a good team. We're not going anywhere. Winning a few extra games doesn't help us. Losing a few extra games helps us in the long run. This team needs another stud player and they can get one in this draft. Simple math.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/11/2018  5:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018  5:10 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Ummm, dude.

Think about that.

We're not a good team. We're not going anywhere. Winning a few extra games doesn't help us. Losing a few extra games helps us in the long run. This team needs another stud player and they can get one in this draft. Simple math.

You don't judge a team in development by wins and loses. I know it's hard to understand, because we never had an official rebuild, so this is all new to us. But me personally, I'm looking at coaching and player development during against NBA level talent. This way I can see and project how the youngsters will look in the future. See if Fitz is the right coach for this team. There's lots of reasons to watch these knicks, without focusing on wins/loses.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/11/2018  6:19 PM
well... i like wins. we have enough young players that if we look at their development vs draft position ..it balances out. If they develop well and win in the season, then there's less of a need for a top 5 pick.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/11/2018  7:28 PM
I’ll take the losses but want them to play the right way

Right now they’re playing horrible defense (really inexplicable when u consider they added Mitch, Vonleh and Dotson to the mix) and no-passing offense

Almost makes u conclude the plan to be bad is quite intentional

(5)(5)
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/11/2018  8:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018  8:09 PM
blkexec wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Ummm, dude.

Think about that.

You don't judge a team in development by wins and loses. I know it's hard to understand, because we never had an official rebuild, so this is all new to us. But me personally, I'm looking at coaching and player development during against NBA level talent. This way I can see and project how the youngsters will look in the future. See if Fitz is the right coach for this team. There's lots of reasons to watch these knicks, without focusing on wins/loses.

I watch the game to see how players we developing are progressing.
I will be satisfied with win because it is fan when you team win.
And I will be satisfied with lose because we will get a better position in the lottery.
This is win-win watching. Great year when every game is a success.
Juts enjoy it while it last.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jrodmc
USA
12/12/2018  7:32 AM
arkrud wrote:
blkexec wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Ummm, dude.

Think about that.

And I will be satisfied with lose because we will get a better position in the lottery.

No, no, NOOOOO!
Despite the change in the lottery system, we must root for losses.
Enjoying or experiencing satisfaction with your team winning a game that is meaningless (which, of course, you need not think about as a concept), is a sign of irrationality.
JamesKPolk

12/12/2018  8:18 AM
If you’re not in the top 5 then the mention of a change in the lottery system is irrelevant. The change only dramatically affects the top 5 in the lottery.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/12/2018  10:29 AM
I’d rather go on a run and make the playoffs. We make the playoffs without kp. Durant or another top free agent is probably going to sign... I’d take Durant over Zion any day of the week.
JamesKPolk

12/12/2018  10:46 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I’d rather go on a run and make the playoffs. We make the playoffs without kp. Durant or another top free agent is probably going to sign... I’d take Durant over Zion any day of the week.

First of all, we aren't making the playoffs.

Second of all, stop chasing after free agent miracles and start wanting to build a team on your own. All these teams build a great team and then add the missing piece in free agency. You and people of your ilk try to build the entire core of the team through free agency. That's never going to happen. Worry about building your talent here first before looking at pipe dreams. The Knicks - even with Durant and KP, hypothetically speaking - wouldn't be a title contender. They still need more talent. The draft is where you get that talent.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/12/2018  12:09 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:If you’re not in the top 5 then the mention of a change in the lottery system is irrelevant. The change only dramatically affects the top 5 in the lottery.

Odds wise yes, but positioning is still important, as in the worst case scenario, 4 teams can leap ahead of you (as the top 4 rather than the top 3 are selected by the lottery). The odds of falling more slots are higher this year. So essentially if you finished with the 5th worst record you could fall all the way to 9th (just our luck!)

arkrud
USA
12/12/2018  2:12 PM
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
blkexec wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Ummm, dude.

Think about that.

No, no, NOOOOO!
Despite the change in the lottery system, we must root for losses.
Enjoying or experiencing satisfaction with your team winning a game that is meaningless (which, of course, you need not think about as a concept), is a sign of irrationality.

This very rational to be happy no matter what.
It is hard of course but there is no other goal in life.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/12/2018  2:49 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I’d rather go on a run and make the playoffs. We make the playoffs without kp. Durant or another top free agent is probably going to sign... I’d take Durant over Zion any day of the week.

Second of all, stop chasing after free agent miracles and start wanting to build a team on your own. All these teams build a great team and then add the missing piece in free agency. You and people of your ilk try to build the entire core of the team through free agency. That's never going to happen. Worry about building your talent here first before looking at pipe dreams. The Knicks - even with Durant and KP, hypothetically speaking - wouldn't be a title contender. They still need more talent. The draft is where you get that talent.

How long have we been a lottery team ever since the Ewing trade curse? Minus the 2 good years we got from melo era. How’s that been working out for us? Crickets crickets man if we can find players like Mitch, dot, and Undrafted gems like ZO.

Zion Williamson an’t winning a chip anytime soon... these kids coming out need years to develop.... I love home grown Talent. But..

Kp, Mitch
Durant,NV 32
Knox,dot
Timmy,zo
Frank,Mudiay

That’s a top 3 team in the east contending for the chip

Replace Durant with Zion and we are a 8th in the east at best. More likely lottery team again. Zion has a lot of work to do to become a starter in the nba. Same goes for the rest of the top 10 in this years draft. No lebrons or Jordan’s in this draft, why suck for a rotation player and a miss on free agents.

arkrud
USA
12/12/2018  3:04 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

How long have we been a lottery team ever since the Ewing trade curse? Minus the 2 good years we got from melo era. How’s that been working out for us? Crickets crickets man if we can find players like Mitch, dot, and Undrafted gems like ZO.

Zion Williamson an’t winning a chip anytime soon... these kids coming out need years to develop.... I love home grown Talent. But..

Kp, Mitch
Durant,NV 32
Knox,dot
Timmy,zo
Frank,Mudiay

That’s a top 3 team in the east contending for the chip

Replace Durant with Zion and we are a 8th in the east at best. More likely lottery team again. Zion has a lot of work to do to become a starter in the nba. Same goes for the rest of the top 10 in this years draft. No lebrons or Jordan’s in this draft, why suck for a rotation player and a miss on free agents.

We suck not because we try to suck but because we are a bad team.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/12/2018  4:40 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/12/2018  4:45 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicks @ Cavs 7 pm ET Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy