[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I Think We Should Take A Chance On Markelle Fultz
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/20/2018  10:25 PM
Welpee wrote:People who want to tell us why someone will suck after a period of already playing poorly is essentially useless and a fraud.

What about people who want to tell us why someone WON'T SUCK after an ENTIRE CAREER of playing poorly?

What would you call that person?

Pick a side, you idiot. You are saying I'm merely stating the obvious that Mudiay will continue to suck after an entire career of sucking. Yet, everything else you say is that it's clearly not obvious at all. While I point out he's a **** defender, a low BBIQ player and doesn't offer a consistent league average three point shot, you offer.... What are you offering to show he can sustain what you feel is a new career arc for him?

Speaking of which, how is good old Trey Burke doing? The same player some people said was going to turn his career around and that he's only 25 back then and he's still got a future ahead of him in the NBA. How exactly is Burke lighting the league on fire now? Maybe I should dredge up some of those old posts.

So I say Mudiay doesn't play defense and can't consistently hit a three point shot, also he's sucked his entire NBA career and this means he will likely trend towards those outcomes, but you want to say I'm clearly wrong because I'm stating the obvious but that it's not so obvious, all because you expect me to predict the future for you? That's your reasoning. Along with your reasoning that "He's only 22" without any context as to how long he's actually played in the NBA before he got to age 22.

That's the ****ing best you can do?

You don't realize you are not arguing with me. HUNDREDS of NBA front office personnel, many of whom have spent their whole lives dedicated to this game, could have pushed to get Mudiay for nearly free and no other team wanted him. What does that say?

You are arguing against the ENTIRE NBA MARKETPLACE. You saying they are wrong for passing on a no defense/falls down while dribbling/no three point shooting/Low BBIQ/chronically out of shape journeyman player. Because a stretch of 5-8 games says something different than HIS ENTIRE NBA CAREER AS A WHOLE?

That's literally the ****ing best you can do?

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/21/2018  3:00 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/21/2018  1:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

that was a good read

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
USA
12/21/2018  4:24 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

that was a good read

It was. I tried to find other articles on his blog but didn't have any luck.
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/21/2018  8:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2018  8:17 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Welpee wrote:People who want to tell us why someone will suck after a period of already playing poorly is essentially useless and a fraud.

What about people who want to tell us why someone WON'T SUCK after an ENTIRE CAREER of playing poorly?

What would you call that person?

Pick a side, you idiot. You are saying I'm merely stating the obvious that Mudiay will continue to suck after an entire career of sucking. Yet, everything else you say is that it's clearly not obvious at all. While I point out he's a **** defender, a low BBIQ player and doesn't offer a consistent league average three point shot, you offer.... What are you offering to show he can sustain what you feel is a new career arc for him?

Speaking of which, how is good old Trey Burke doing? The same player some people said was going to turn his career around and that he's only 25 back then and he's still got a future ahead of him in the NBA. How exactly is Burke lighting the league on fire now? Maybe I should dredge up some of those old posts.

So I say Mudiay doesn't play defense and can't consistently hit a three point shot, also he's sucked his entire NBA career and this means he will likely trend towards those outcomes, but you want to say I'm clearly wrong because I'm stating the obvious but that it's not so obvious, all because you expect me to predict the future for you? That's your reasoning. Along with your reasoning that "He's only 22" without any context as to how long he's actually played in the NBA before he got to age 22.

That's the ****ing best you can do?

You don't realize you are not arguing with me. HUNDREDS of NBA front office personnel, many of whom have spent their whole lives dedicated to this game, could have pushed to get Mudiay for nearly free and no other team wanted him. What does that say?

You are arguing against the ENTIRE NBA MARKETPLACE. You saying they are wrong for passing on a no defense/falls down while dribbling/no three point shooting/Low BBIQ/chronically out of shape journeyman player. Because a stretch of 5-8 games says something different than HIS ENTIRE NBA CAREER AS A WHOLE?

That's literally the ****ing best you can do?

My, getting a little sensitive aren't we? People not co-signing on your 600 word essays getting under your skin? When people start name calling (on the internet no less) I have to ask is that the best YOU can do?
CrushAlot
USA
12/22/2018  10:50 AM
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/22/2018  11:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Before the year started, most fans had dismissed Mudiay an an NBA player let alone a rotational player...It was said that he didn't deserve minutes on this team and would be out of the league in a year. Not only has Mudiay shown that he belongs, but he is making a case that he should be in the discussion for the starting pg spot next year if he continues with his play.

Mudiay went from out of the rotation, to our best player during the month of December.....has scored 30, three times in a few weeks and he is starting to get recognition around the league. Dominique praised him last night saying he is a much different player than he remembered seeing last year. NBAtv commentators were showing him love too....Yet, we aren't seeing or hearing much on this board especially from the ones who were harshest on Mudiay at the beginning of the season.

I started a thread awhile ago, asking the question: Why can't Mudiay be Chauncey Billups? He's 22 and perhaps he is finding himself now...He is playing with supreme confidence and his game is soaring right now. Does he still have faults and things he can improve on? Absolutely!! But look at where he is now compared to where he was in October!!! And to think that we got this guy off the scrap heap!!!

If FRank was having a month like this, I have a feeling there would be multiple threads on him. But since it's Mudiay, we ain't hearing much. It's pretty obvious why!

TripleThreat

12/23/2018  5:31 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Before the year started, most fans had dismissed Mudiay an an NBA player let alone a rotational player...It was said that he didn't deserve minutes on this team and would be out of the league in a year. Not only has Mudiay shown that he belongs, but he is making a case that he should be in the discussion for the starting pg spot next year if he continues with his play.

Mudiay went from out of the rotation, to our best player during the month of December.....has scored 30, three times in a few weeks and he is starting to get recognition around the league. Dominique praised him last night saying he is a much different player than he remembered seeing last year. NBAtv commentators were showing him love too....Yet, we aren't seeing or hearing much on this board especially from the ones who were harshest on Mudiay at the beginning of the season.

I started a thread awhile ago, asking the question: Why can't Mudiay be Chauncey Billups? He's 22 and perhaps he is finding himself now...He is playing with supreme confidence and his game is soaring right now. Does he still have faults and things he can improve on? Absolutely!! But look at where he is now compared to where he was in October!!! And to think that we got this guy off the scrap heap!!!

If FRank was having a month like this, I have a feeling there would be multiple threads on him. But since it's Mudiay, we ain't hearing much. It's pretty obvious why!

People point out Billups without full context. He was traded in the middle of his rookie year. Unprecedented. Part of it was because he is/was, like his good buddy Mercer, a rapist. That clouded his first few years in the league. In his subsequent stops, he showed much better before he got to the Pistons.

So yes, if Mudiay got traded in the middle of his first year, had to deal with a psychotic egomaniac in Pitino and spend a long time wondering if he'd end up in jail for life while feuding with the then team franchise player, I suppose his career arc could take some more time too.

Even during this stretch, has Mudiay shown even a league average three point shot? No. For his career arc? No

Even during this stretch and during his entire career, how is his defense? It's complete ass. (He's trying a bit harder though, he wants that new contract)

Most of his career, how was his fitness? Not in elite shape.

How is his BBIQ? He's ****ing dumb. Poor court vision, when he's not falling down after running into air, and consistently shows he cannot read the floor and make his team mates around him better.

He's not better right now on the things HE NEEDS TO DO TO HAVE SUSTAINED VALUE IN THE LEAGUE. DEFENSE. THREE POINT SHOOTING. INTELLIGENT PLAY.

He's getting to the line more, doing better at the line, and hitting from mid range at a rate not in line with the rest of his career.

Is it more likely he changed his entire career?

Or he is having a good streak ( he's had them before) with VOLUME, and will eventually regress?

Why was he on the "scrap heap" in the first place? Why weren't other teams rushing to get this guy?

You'll notice that people who want to push Mudiay are going to ignore questions about his defense. His three point shooting. His general low BBIQ. They say he'll be better for the long haul.. because... yes guys, what exactly are strong indicators he can keep this up? You know what would be strong indicators?

IF HE COULD PLAY SOME MOTHERFUCKING DEFENSE

IF HE COULD HIT A MOTHERFUCKING THREE POINT SHOT CONSISTENTLY

IF HE PLAYED WITH EVEN AVERAGE BBIQ

For the people you think are "harsh" on Mudiay's play across his career arc, you think there are no reasons to criticize the entire span of his NBA career?

He's has a few bright spots this month. Good for him, good for the team. But don't blame anyone for looking at his entire career and thinking to themselves it's a little early for getting on their knees and start blowing the guy. But there won't be anything left for the others, since you and Welpee clearly have managed to drain his balls dry already.

Welpee

12/24/2018  1:07 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Billups in year four of his career:
10.9 ppg, 3.7 ast, 86 ft%, 34 3pt%, 39 fg%, 215 games/149 starts

Mudiay in year four of his career (so far):
11.3 ppg, 4.2 ast, 73 ft%, 32 3pt%, 39 fg%, 214 games/141 starts

Yep, can't understand what people are thinking comparing the two (sarcasm alert). And Mudiay is 2 years younger in year four of his career. Keep in mind, part of the game when comparing two players is if the two situations aren't EXACTLY the same (which is impossible) haters will attempt to discredit your comparison.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/24/2018  1:56 PM
Welpee wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yep, can't understand what people are thinking comparing the two (sarcasm alert). And Mudiay is 2 years younger in year four of his career. Keep in mind, part of the game when comparing two players is if the two situations aren't EXACTLY the same (which is impossible) haters will attempt to discredit your comparison.

point guard is definitely the position that takes the longest to master. I thought the genius in Perry's PG moves last year was just in creating the competition. I definitely would not have bet on Mudiay looking like the favorite but that's the case right now.

I think his academically ineligibility at SMU and his Chinese excursion was a mistake. I don't think he ever got showed how to work. You can work hard but work on the wrong things. I made worse mistakes at his age. People forget there were a lot of people that thought had Mudiay played for Larry Brown he probably would have been the #1 overall pick afterwards. This is definitely a unique case study and I'm glad we're taking our time

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Welpee

12/25/2018  8:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2018  8:45 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

point guard is definitely the position that takes the longest to master. I thought the genius in Perry's PG moves last year was just in creating the competition. I definitely would not have bet on Mudiay looking like the favorite but that's the case right now.

I think his academically ineligibility at SMU and his Chinese excursion was a mistake. I don't think he ever got showed how to work. You can work hard but work on the wrong things. I made worse mistakes at his age. People forget there were a lot of people that thought had Mudiay played for Larry Brown he probably would have been the #1 overall pick afterwards. This is definitely a unique case study and I'm glad we're taking our time

This is an interesting article on what happened in Denver: https://gazette.com/sports/paul-klee-what-went-wrong-for-emmanuel-mudiay-with-denver/article_55c29a9e-d5e5-5544-a717-f58f628533b5.html

Also, according to his manager, Mudiay's acceptance to SMU got held up by the NCAA because of accreditation issues with his Dallas high school, Prime Prep Academy. His manager claimed by the time the NCAA cleared Mudiay to play he would've missed half of the season. In hindsight Mudiay would've benefited staying at SMU at least though his sophomore season. But I remember also reading Mudiay saying something about wanting to financially help his family. Getting paid $1.2 million for what amounted to only a handful of games due to injury definitely didn't help his development as a player but is a hard situation to turn down as a 18 year old with NCAA uncertainty hanging over your head.

If anything, this illustrates the incompetence of the NCAA and its baffling why they can't get these matters cleared up in a more timely manner. It's also interesting how a certain poster offers up every excuse in the book to explain the slow start to Billups' career but won't give Mudiay similar consideration before trashing him.

CrushAlot
USA
12/25/2018  10:07 AM
Welpee wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is an interesting article on what happened in Denver: https://gazette.com/sports/paul-klee-what-went-wrong-for-emmanuel-mudiay-with-denver/article_55c29a9e-d5e5-5544-a717-f58f628533b5.html

Also, according to his manager, Mudiay's acceptance to SMU got held up by the NCAA because of accreditation issues with his Dallas high school, Prime Prep Academy. His manager claimed by the time the NCAA cleared Mudiay to play he would've missed half of the season. In hindsight Mudiay would've benefited staying at SMU at least though his sophomore season. But I remember also reading Mudiay saying something about wanting to financially help his family. Getting paid $1.2 million for what amounted to only a handful of games due to injury definitely didn't help his development as a player but is a hard situation to turn down as a 18 year old with NCAA uncertainty hanging over your head.

If anything, this illustrates the incompetence of the NCAA and its baffling why they can't get these matters cleared up in a more timely manner. It's also interesting how a certain poster offers up every excuse in the book to explain the slow start to Billups' career but won't give Mudiay similar consideration before trashing him.

Great article. Thanks for posting it. It was nice to read that the Nuggets thought so highly of Mudiay as a person.
TripleThreat

12/26/2018  4:24 PM
Welpee wrote:Billups in year four of his career:

......If anything, this illustrates the incompetence of the NCAA and its baffling why they can't get these matters cleared up in a more timely manner. It's also interesting how a certain poster offers up every excuse in the book to explain the slow start to Billups' career but won't give Mudiay similar consideration before trashing him.

Billups played for four different teams his first four years in the league.

He was traded midway through his rookie year, which is unprecedented. It also shows the level of dysfunction evident with Pitino ( But to be fair to Pitino, his two prize draftees were rapists) His third year was marred with injury, and only played 13 games. He got inconsistent playing time until he got to the TWolves. Even then, he needed an injury in front of him to get a real opportunity. He was always a plus defender. Unlike Mudiay, he had a strong college/tournament showing.

Mudiay got regular playing time ( Denver gave him a chance to show what he had) his first two years in the league. He got pulled as a starter by his third because he just couldn't produce.

Mudiay and Billup's situations are nothing alike.

Traded your ROOKIE YEAR, midway through, being tossed in a rape scandal then a major injury in your first three years in the league.

If Mudiay got limited to no playing time his first three years, got a major injury, was embroiled in scandal, and could play defense after showing two years of plus NCAA production, then you might have something.

You are asking the Knicks and everyone here to BET on Mudiay, to be an outlier, compared to Billups, a major outlier himself, when the two have nothing in common. Nothing. Billups never had the ugly shooting mechanics problems like Mudiay. He could play defense, unlike Mudiay. He was not brain dead in terms of BBIQ like Mudiay. He would not fall down after hitting air like Mudiay. He never had the fitness/conditioning problems of Mudiay.

Feel free to explain how anyone here is "trashing" or "hating" on Mudiay.

He can't hit a league average three point shot consistently. FACT.

He is a **** defender. FACT

He is a low BBIQ player who doesn't make his team mates around him better. FACT

He has had chronic problems with his conditioning. FACT

He got plenty of minutes and starts in his first two years to try to establish himself. FACT

He's suffered no major injuries during his rookie deal to mitigate his performance. FACT

What is he doing well? He's getting to the line more and converting better there now. He's hitting from mid range, but likely at a rate that unsustainable given his career arc ( much like Burke last year) He's generating counting stats with RAW VOLUME.

You refuse to acknowledge that being a chronically out of shape **** defender who can't hit a three point shot consistently is going to have problems sustaining in the NBA.

You ignore basic modern NBA value concepts if they don't fit your narrative. You seem to have no clear idea why Mudiay was on the trash heap in the first place. You compare him to an outlier ( ignoring all the other guys who didn't pan out) where the situations have nothing in common. But everyone else is clearly a hater or trashing the guy?

You think like a loser.

Let me clarify. Franchises with front offices who try to rationalize how they feel over what the marketplace is telling them will end up making bad decisions that compound and lose games. Mudiay offers no 3 And D value in a league that prioritizes 3 And D value in non pivots. He's a low BBIQ player outside of his prime developmental window in a league that prioritizes high BBIQ and players in their prime developmental/cost control window. Nothing you say changes this. You are arguing against the marketplace as a whole.

Thinking like a loser. Mudiay could have put himself in elite shape ( A choice) and worked on his three point shot relentlessly ( A choice, again) but did not. He thinks like a loser too. No wonder you support him, you both have something in common.

Welpee

12/26/2018  8:07 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

......If anything, this illustrates the incompetence of the NCAA and its baffling why they can't get these matters cleared up in a more timely manner. It's also interesting how a certain poster offers up every excuse in the book to explain the slow start to Billups' career but won't give Mudiay similar consideration before trashing him.

He was traded midway through his rookie year, which is unprecedented. It also shows the level of dysfunction evident with Pitino ( But to be fair to Pitino, his two prize draftees were rapists) His third year was marred with injury, and only played 13 games. He got inconsistent playing time until he got to the TWolves. Even then, he needed an injury in front of him to get a real opportunity. He was always a plus defender. Unlike Mudiay, he had a strong college/tournament showing.

Mudiay got regular playing time ( Denver gave him a chance to show what he had) his first two years in the league. He got pulled as a starter by his third because he just couldn't produce.

Traded your ROOKIE YEAR, midway through, being tossed in a rape scandal then a major injury in your first three years in the league.

If Mudiay got limited to no playing time his first three years, got a major injury, was embroiled in scandal, and could play defense after showing two years of plus NCAA production, then you might have something.

You are asking the Knicks and everyone here to BET on Mudiay, to be an outlier, compared to Billups, a major outlier himself, when the two have nothing in common. Nothing. Billups never had the ugly shooting mechanics problems like Mudiay. He could play defense, unlike Mudiay. He was not brain dead in terms of BBIQ like Mudiay. He would not fall down after hitting air like Mudiay. He never had the fitness/conditioning problems of Mudiay.

He got plenty of minutes and starts in his first two years to try to establish himself. FACT

He's suffered no major injuries during his rookie deal to mitigate his performance. FACT

What is he doing well? He's getting to the line more and converting better there now. He's hitting from mid range, but likely at a rate that unsustainable given his career arc ( much like Burke last year) He's generating counting stats with RAW VOLUME.

You refuse to acknowledge that being a chronically out of shape **** defender who can't hit a three point shot consistently is going to have problems sustaining in the NBA.

You ignore basic modern NBA value concepts if they don't fit your narrative. You seem to have no clear idea why Mudiay was on the trash heap in the first place. You compare him to an outlier ( ignoring all the other guys who didn't pan out) where the situations have nothing in common. But everyone else is clearly a hater or trashing the guy?

You think like a loser.

Let me clarify. Franchises with front offices who try to rationalize how they feel over what the marketplace is telling them will end up making bad decisions that compound and lose games. Mudiay offers no 3 And D value in a league that prioritizes 3 And D value in non pivots. He's a low BBIQ player outside of his prime developmental window in a league that prioritizes high BBIQ and players in their prime developmental/cost control window. Nothing you say changes this. You are arguing against the marketplace as a whole.

Thinking like a loser. Mudiay could have put himself in elite shape ( A choice) and worked on his three point shot relentlessly ( A choice, again) but did not. He thinks like a loser too. No wonder you support him, you both have something in common.

Of course no two players are ever going to have the exact same circumstances that led to their careers getting off to a slow start. Every player has their own individual reasons/excuses/circumstances etc.

But I hope you really don't expect anybody to believe if you were a Timberwolves fan in 2000 or a Pistons fan in 2002 you wouldn't have been posting similar 600 word dissertations on their message boards trashing Billups and proclaiming how awful a signing it was. Of course I expect that you'll now post some revisionist essay on how you predicted greatest for Billups in spite of how his career got started.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
12/26/2018  11:56 PM
JUST SAY NO. I happen to think that Fultz has a chance to salvage his NBA career. The kid is silky smooth driving to the lane. It is just his jumper is broken. That being said, unless Philly is willing to trade him for a second round pick, I would not give up assets for him. As the first pick, this kid is making like $10 mill, and he is still probably 2 years away from turning himself into a solid player, assuming he can work out the issues with his shoulder. That is a lot of risks for a guy that has shown so little thus far.
Trust the Process
TripleThreat

12/27/2018  10:04 PM

Welpee wrote:Of course no two players are ever going to have the exact same circumstances that led to their careers getting off to a slow start. Every player has their own individual reasons/excuses/circumstances etc.

Then why are YOU comparing the two players then? ( Every player is different! But look at how much they have in common! Jesus, pick a side)

They have NOTHING in common. NOTHING. Forget "exactly the same", it's not even close.

You seem to not get this simple point - Out of 100 times you run into a Billups situation, after his third year, how often is he going to pan out in a different career direction? 5 times out a 100?

You are comparing two players who have NOTHING in common but still miss the part where the odds of Mudiay turning it around is extremely low. That's the opportunity cost for cap space, roster spot and minutes.

Even if Mudiay could turn it around, the odds are minuscule. And since he's low BBIQ, can't hit a league average three point shot and is a **** defender, what exactly is pushing those odds up right now?

I discredit your "comparison" because it makes no ****ing sense.

Post after post, you refuse to discuss the issues I keep bringing up.

Can Mudiay hit a league average three point shot? ( No)

Can Mudiay offer even league average defense? (No)

Can Mudiay make the players around him with even moderate BBIQ? (No)

Has Mudiay shown through his entire NBA career arc of being in top/elite physical condition? (No)

This is NOT A SLOW MOTHERFUCKING START. HE'S JUST NOT VERY GOOD. He had several years of heavy minutes and starting and opportunity to show he could be a starting PG in this league. How ****ing slow are we talking here?

I could back off here. But you had to come and start talking some **** to me. So now I'm just gonna keep ****ing with you.

Bye Felicia.

Welpee

12/28/2018  2:56 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Welpee wrote:Of course no two players are ever going to have the exact same circumstances that led to their careers getting off to a slow start. Every player has their own individual reasons/excuses/circumstances etc.

Then why are YOU comparing the two players then? ( Every player is different! But look at how much they have in common! Jesus, pick a side)

They have NOTHING in common. NOTHING. Forget "exactly the same", it's not even close.

You seem to not get this simple point - Out of 100 times you run into a Billups situation, after his third year, how often is he going to pan out in a different career direction? 5 times out a 100?

You are comparing two players who have NOTHING in common but still miss the part where the odds of Mudiay turning it around is extremely low. That's the opportunity cost for cap space, roster spot and minutes.

Even if Mudiay could turn it around, the odds are minuscule. And since he's low BBIQ, can't hit a league average three point shot and is a **** defender, what exactly is pushing those odds up right now?

I discredit your "comparison" because it makes no ****ing sense.

Post after post, you refuse to discuss the issues I keep bringing up.

Can Mudiay hit a league average three point shot? ( No)

Can Mudiay offer even league average defense? (No)

Can Mudiay make the players around him with even moderate BBIQ? (No)

Has Mudiay shown through his entire NBA career arc of being in top/elite physical condition? (No)

This is NOT A SLOW MOTHERFUCKING START. HE'S JUST NOT VERY GOOD. He had several years of heavy minutes and starting and opportunity to show he could be a starting PG in this league. How ****ing slow are we talking here?

I could back off here. But you had to come and start talking some **** to me. So now I'm just gonna keep ****ing with you.

Bye Felicia.

Let me try this one more time really slowly for you: the point is to illustrate the risk in giving up on young players too soon. That's why people are comparing Billups and Mudiay. The fact that their stats four years into their careers are virtually identical further validates the point. And I don't need a high volume/low information word salad to make the point.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/28/2018  11:53 PM
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

You think like a loser.

Of course no two players are ever going to have the exact same circumstances that led to their careers getting off to a slow start. Every player has their own individual reasons/excuses/circumstances etc.

But I hope you really don't expect anybody to believe if you were a Timberwolves fan in 2000 or a Pistons fan in 2002 you wouldn't have been posting similar 600 word dissertations on their message boards trashing Billups and proclaiming how awful a signing it was. Of course I expect that you'll now post some revisionist essay on how you predicted greatest for Billups in spite of how his career got started.

This is so typical of the Mudiay fans. Triple threat posted a bunch of reasons that make Mudiay different from Billups in response to a quote that directy compared them. Instead of responding to that you use hyperbole about 600 page dissertation to attack the poster. Everytime someone points out Mudiay's lack of defense, IQ and basketball savvy this happens. You guys need to understand that while you worship these low IQ chuckers like they are the best thing since sliced bread a lot of fans don't give a flying **** about his shooting percentage unless he can also play defense. So let me boil it down for you again Billups played defense and had an IQ higher than Grorge W Bush. Mudiay is a shoot first chucker who is below average in everything.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat

12/29/2018  3:38 AM
Welpee wrote:Let me try this one more time really slowly for you: the point is to illustrate the risk in giving up on young players too soon. That's why people are comparing Billups and Mudiay. The fact that their stats four years into their careers are virtually identical further validates the point. And I don't need a high volume/low information word salad to make the point.

"Better let a player go a year too early compared to a year too late" - Bill Walsh

The argument you are making might fly with Billups in that he was traded in the middle of his rookie year ( unprecedented) and he shuttled by Pitino into both PG and SG roles. By the start of his 2nd season, he was with his THIRD TEAM. In his third season, he only played THIRTEEN GAMES due to injury. Inconsistent playing time and injury could mitigate Billups' situation. A team might bet longer because he was a good defender.

What is the risk with Mudiay? He got plenty of starts in his first two seasons to prove himself. Denver WANTED HIM TO WIN THE JOB. They wanted him to KEEP THE JOB. He played his way out of the job. He can't hit a three point shot consistently. He's a **** defender. He's chronically out of shape. He's a low BBIQ player. What is the risk here of "giving up on him too soon" What is showing , outside of a handful of volume counting stats games, to show he has a skill set that shows longevity in the league?

You mean four years when one of those players lost his third year to injury and was traded his rookie year in a different era of play and predating the modern "space and pace" game format?

IF Mudiay had an elite three point shot at plus range, then you could say maybe it's time to give him more time.

IF Mudiay could play strong defense, then you could say maybe its time to give him more time.

IF Mudiay was a high BBIQ player who made players around him better but had something like injuries in his early years, then you could say maybe it's time to give him more time.

What are the Knicks giving up on here? A low BBIQ chronically out of shape **** defender who can't hit a consistent three ball?

You are comparing stats WITHOUT ANY CONTEXT. Mudiay got volume his first two years even with ****ty play because Denver really wanted to give him every chance to take hold of the PG job. Billups had to drive up his stats missing nearly all of his third year and after a rocky first year where he got traded. You don't see the difference?

You are desperately trying to defend a position that makes zero basketball sense.

Can Mudiay hit a league average three point shot? ( No, you need to look at HIS FOURTH YEAR IN THE LEAGUE for a player who has nothing in common with him and playing in entirely different era without any kind of ****ing context whatsoever! )

Can Mudiay offer even league average defense? ( No, you need to look at HIS FOURTH YEAR IN THE LEAGUE for a player who has nothing in common with him and playing in entirely different era without any kind of ****ing context whatsoever! )

Can Mudiay make the players around him with even moderate BBIQ? ( No, you need to look at HIS FOURTH YEAR IN THE LEAGUE for a player who has nothing in common with him and playing in entirely different era without any kind of ****ing context whatsoever! )

Has Mudiay shown through his entire NBA career arc of being in top/elite physical condition? ( No, you need to look at HIS FOURTH YEAR IN THE LEAGUE for a player who has nothing in common with him and playing in entirely different era without any kind of ****ing context whatsoever! )

If people here want to know why some franchises stay completely ****ed forever, look at Welpee's behavior. No matter what is shown or said, he's going to hold onto something that makes no ****ing sense because he won't admit he's either wrong, or doesn't understand some basic concepts or doesn't understand the concept of sunk costs or would rather be ruled by how he feels about a subject compared to what the actual marketplace is saying. What Welpee is doing is how teams lose and stay losers.

Welpee

12/29/2018  2:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2018  2:36 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

You think like a loser.

This is so typical of the Mudiay fans. Triple threat posted a bunch of reasons that make Mudiay different from Billups in response to a quote that directy compared them. Instead of responding to that you use hyperbole about 600 page dissertation to attack the poster. Everytime someone points out Mudiay's lack of defense, IQ and basketball savvy this happens. You guys need to understand that while you worship these low IQ chuckers like they are the best thing since sliced bread a lot of fans don't give a flying **** about his shooting percentage unless he can also play defense. So let me boil it down for you again Billups played defense and had an IQ higher than Grorge W Bush. Mudiay is a shoot first chucker who is below average in everything.
First back off your own hyperbole. Nobody is "worshiping" Mudiay. The only point that has been made by most in his defense (for the 1000th time) is giving up on the guy at age 22 is too soon. Nobody is predicting stardom so there's nothing to respond to. The guy didn't produce his first few years in the league. It doesn't take writing the same short story 100 times to convey that.

And regarding Billups, all of this is hindsight. None of you guys would've posted any of that about Billups at the time of his struggles. Now, 10 years after he got with the right coaches in the right systems and under the right circumstances and he flourished you can post all of these superlatives about him as if you knew this about him in year four of his career. Ironically, I would bet anything Billups himself would use his own experience to justify not closing the book on Mudiay just yet.

Edit - in fact, this from Billups himself:

Coach Fizdale is doing a really good job, but you’re just trying to set a culture there. It’s tough to do it without your best player on the floor, but he’s doing it, and doing it as good as he could do. I’m really liking the development of Emmanuel Mudiay. I’ve been a fan of his since he’s been in the league. Obviously, he’s taken a rough little path. It reminds me of my path, a little bit, being given up on early in his career, but he’s starting to find himself. He’s doing a good job.
https://uproxx.com/dimemag/nba-christmas-day-schedule-preview-matchups-analysis/2/

The good thing about all of this is time will tell and I would have no problem saying you told us so (just like you were right about Melo). What I suspect is Mudiay could become the next Chris Paul and you guys still wouldn't give it up to him.

I Think We Should Take A Chance On Markelle Fultz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy