Member: #599
USA
12/15/2018  4:54 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:^

NDA's are now common when dealing with celebrities and celebrity athletes. I'm not sure what the big deal about that is except the average person in the public is likely unaware that NDA's are pretty standard now.

You could simply walk their dog and you'll have to sign one or they'll hire someone who will. You could walk the dog for the players mom or sister and you'll have to sign one or they'll hire someone else. Gardener, housekeeper, nanny, personal trainer, chef, nutritionist, math tutors for the kids who come to the house, etc, etc.

Camera set ups are pretty common as well. While it backfires some instances like Aaron Hernandez, it usually offers a shield against liability in many other instances.

Here's something they teach at various rookie symposiums, if you are driving and you have a problem with someone in the car with you ( likely a woman, but could be anyone), then you stop in a well lit public place. You use the ATM there and get some cash out. You walk into a store and you buy something. You introduce yourself to the manager or clerk, if they recognize you, sign an autograph and take a picture. Ask the employee for the time. Repeat the time you are given out loud. Ask for todays date and day of the week. Repeat what you are given out loud. Wait in the parking lot, and then call a car service to pick up the person and take them home.

In many conflicts, esp with women, several guys were only cleared because they happened to use the ATM to get some cash and the time stamps contradicted the narrative presented against them. This contradicts what many athletes do, which is pay for everything in cash ( Every CC stub you sign is now your autograph and there are plenty of guys who don't want anyone tracking them by using a card )

Likely teams interested in getting Fultz at a low trade price are releasing this. No different than teams wanting a certain QB will release his low Wonderlic score privately to a journalist to scare off other teams.

Guys I've trained for the Combine, who I know would end up as first round picks, I've told them to hire a full time personal driver. You want to end up like Donte Stallworth and kill someone on the road? Even if it's a minor fender bender, once someone realizes you have fat cash in your pocket, how fast do you think their back is now shot up from the incident?

Professional athletes are not paranoid, some people are out to get them. The classic symposium story is about a player who banged a random thot and realized she was locked in a bathroom, using a plunger and rolled the used condom inside out and was jamming it inside her while he was trying to break down the door. Agents push for their high profile guys to get a vasectomy and put their swimmers on ice and storage in a professional facility. I suspect many people don't get why a guy would have an "entourage" In many cases, it's having more eyes to watch your back. It's having hands to get dirty so you don't have to ruin your career in one night.

During Linsanity, people would follow Lin's relatives all day in other countries. During the aftermath of OJ getting caught, tabloid guys would hang out by his daughter's school to try to get her to talk and say anything. They tried to pay cash and give gifts to his daughters classmates to lure her out towards them. Cameras aren't crazy, guys in the NBA/NFL/MLB who don't have them are crazy.

Fultz has a crazy mother. Who gives a ****. Everyone has someone insane in their family. Someone here probably has a grandmother who is a coke dealer and is bi-polar while talking to her pet donkey named Peaches Divine.

So...can we get a 600+ word essay on Mudiay? You had no hesitation posting super-sized word salad dissertations trashing him. Now that he's playing well, crickets. Funny how people don't have the credibility to admit that maybe sometimes they're wrong.

Mudiay has always been a streaky player. He might be on something of a high at the moment, but the fall-off will happen soon thereafter. And to be honest, he looked doughy to me earlier in the season, which didn't surprise me. I think the dude doesn't love the game and is only doing it for a check. After all, there is a reason no other team tried besting an offer of middling 2nd round picks when we got him.

This is kinda insulting. Maybe Mudiay has started to figure things out. He is young, and most NBA pgs take a while to figure things out.

He's always shown flashes, and now is starting to put together some consistent play.

I think he might be out PG for the future.

....you are taking a few games this month and acting as though the rest of his career is irrelevant. That would be a prime example of (selection) bias.

I'm not. I'm looking at how his play has developed this year. He's improved. He is becoming a leader for this team. He's been able to finish at the rim, something he couldn't do last year.

He was drafted based on his physical abilities. His problem has been between the ears. Fizdale has, I think, worked wonders and gotten him to start to realize his potential.

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/15/2018  5:17 PM
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

NDA's are now common when dealing with celebrities and celebrity athletes. I'm not sure what the big deal about that is except the average person in the public is likely unaware that NDA's are pretty standard now.

You could simply walk their dog and you'll have to sign one or they'll hire someone who will. You could walk the dog for the players mom or sister and you'll have to sign one or they'll hire someone else. Gardener, housekeeper, nanny, personal trainer, chef, nutritionist, math tutors for the kids who come to the house, etc, etc.

Camera set ups are pretty common as well. While it backfires some instances like Aaron Hernandez, it usually offers a shield against liability in many other instances.

Here's something they teach at various rookie symposiums, if you are driving and you have a problem with someone in the car with you ( likely a woman, but could be anyone), then you stop in a well lit public place. You use the ATM there and get some cash out. You walk into a store and you buy something. You introduce yourself to the manager or clerk, if they recognize you, sign an autograph and take a picture. Ask the employee for the time. Repeat the time you are given out loud. Ask for todays date and day of the week. Repeat what you are given out loud. Wait in the parking lot, and then call a car service to pick up the person and take them home.

In many conflicts, esp with women, several guys were only cleared because they happened to use the ATM to get some cash and the time stamps contradicted the narrative presented against them. This contradicts what many athletes do, which is pay for everything in cash ( Every CC stub you sign is now your autograph and there are plenty of guys who don't want anyone tracking them by using a card )

Likely teams interested in getting Fultz at a low trade price are releasing this. No different than teams wanting a certain QB will release his low Wonderlic score privately to a journalist to scare off other teams.

Guys I've trained for the Combine, who I know would end up as first round picks, I've told them to hire a full time personal driver. You want to end up like Donte Stallworth and kill someone on the road? Even if it's a minor fender bender, once someone realizes you have fat cash in your pocket, how fast do you think their back is now shot up from the incident?

Professional athletes are not paranoid, some people are out to get them. The classic symposium story is about a player who banged a random thot and realized she was locked in a bathroom, using a plunger and rolled the used condom inside out and was jamming it inside her while he was trying to break down the door. Agents push for their high profile guys to get a vasectomy and put their swimmers on ice and storage in a professional facility. I suspect many people don't get why a guy would have an "entourage" In many cases, it's having more eyes to watch your back. It's having hands to get dirty so you don't have to ruin your career in one night.

During Linsanity, people would follow Lin's relatives all day in other countries. During the aftermath of OJ getting caught, tabloid guys would hang out by his daughter's school to try to get her to talk and say anything. They tried to pay cash and give gifts to his daughters classmates to lure her out towards them. Cameras aren't crazy, guys in the NBA/NFL/MLB who don't have them are crazy.

Fultz has a crazy mother. Who gives a ****. Everyone has someone insane in their family. Someone here probably has a grandmother who is a coke dealer and is bi-polar while talking to her pet donkey named Peaches Divine.

So...can we get a 600+ word essay on Mudiay? You had no hesitation posting super-sized word salad dissertations trashing him. Now that he's playing well, crickets. Funny how people don't have the credibility to admit that maybe sometimes they're wrong.

Mudiay has always been a streaky player. He might be on something of a high at the moment, but the fall-off will happen soon thereafter. And to be honest, he looked doughy to me earlier in the season, which didn't surprise me. I think the dude doesn't love the game and is only doing it for a check. After all, there is a reason no other team tried besting an offer of middling 2nd round picks when we got him.

This is kinda insulting. Maybe Mudiay has started to figure things out. He is young, and most NBA pgs take a while to figure things out.

He's always shown flashes, and now is starting to put together some consistent play.

....you are taking a few games this month and acting as though the rest of his career is irrelevant. That would be a prime example of (selection) bias.

I'm not. I'm looking at how his play has developed this year. He's improved. He is becoming a leader for this team. He's been able to finish at the rim, something he couldn't do last year.

He was drafted based on his physical abilities. His problem has been between the ears. Fizdale has, I think, worked wonders and gotten him to start to realize his potential.

None of his stats show anything but marginal improvement, be it advanced or simple when you compare this season to his career.
You guys are so hell bent on proving he has improved that you keep making these claims that's are not borne out by data. Now if you take a 4 game sample here and the any player can look greatly improved. I hope we don't waste money giving this kid a contract, he isn't worth it. He isn't even an average NBA player.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/15/2018  5:46 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

None of his stats show anything but marginal improvement, be it advanced or simple when you compare this season to his career.
You guys are so hell bent on proving he has improved that you keep making these claims that's are not borne out by data. Now if you take a 4 game sample here and the any player can look greatly improved. I hope we don't waste money giving this kid a contract, he isn't worth it. He isn't even an average NBA player.
Huh? What stats are you looking at in comparing this year to his career numbers?
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mudiaem01.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/15/2018  6:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Huh? What stats are you looking at in comparing this year to his career numbers?

Your confusing things with facts. Fyi..You can't talk to Meloshouldgo when he is staring at Jeremy Lin's poster. Which is most timea except 8am to 830am and 5:30 to 6pm(Commute tumes) He just can't function.

Funny how so many preach patience yet cast off a kid with just a couple of years experience. Specially at the PG position. Im sure these armchair GMs know the first thing about how hard it is to play the PG position. Kid is doing well. Perry did a good job realizing its stupid to give up on a 22 year old. And Fiz has done a good job developing him. Hopefully he continues to improve.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
meloshouldgo

12/15/2018  6:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

He is making one extra field goal, per 10.6 attempts, his rebounds are the same and his assists have gone down. What are you looking at?

CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2018  7:04 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

He is making one extra field goal, per 10.6 attempts, his rebounds are the same and his assists have gone down. What are you looking at?

Field goal percentage, free throw percentage, 3 pt field goal percentage, 2 pt field goal percentage, effective field goal percentage, PER, and win shares.
meloshouldgo

12/15/2018  10:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Field goal percentage, free throw percentage, 3 pt field goal percentage, 2 pt field goal percentage, effective field goal percentage, PER, and win shares.

Yup all that's covered in the precious 1 extra bucket he is making. Except win shares, which isn't really improved, unless you consider fluctuations within half a standard deviation as "significant" improvement. This dude had shown zero improvement and I haven't even started on defense.

CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2018  11:24 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Yup all that's covered in the precious 1 extra bucket he is making. Except win shares, which isn't really improved, unless you consider fluctuations within half a standard deviation as "significant" improvement. This dude had shown zero improvement and I haven't even started on defense.

ok.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/15/2018  11:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

ok.

Thanks for this post....what's amazing to me is we have a young pg who seems to be finding himself and reaching the potential some foresaw in him when he was drafted, yet we have people who refuse to acknowledge this because of who it is...if Frank put up the same numbers Mudiay has put up in December, he be dubbed the 2nd coming of Clyde....

meloshouldgo

12/16/2018  12:33 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

ok.

Yes, we are back to looking at a cherry picked set of 4-5 games. Try not to hijack conversations, or try to read the context first.

CrushAlot
USA
12/16/2018  8:19 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

ok.

Yes, we are back to looking at a cherry picked set of 4-5 games. Try not to hijack conversations, or try to read the context first.

Earlier you said it was 4 games. It is the last 7. Remember that he was hurt at the beginning of the season and Fiz said that Mudiay has to get back into game shape. He seems to be there now. Sseven games is almost a third of his season because of the injury. I Have been reading the thread. What I am confused about is why is it so important to you that a 22 year old On the team you follow fail? Why are stats, in game play and the coach and analysts comments ignored when they talk about Mudiay?
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/16/2018  8:31 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

marginal improvement? Don't talk about stats unless you've looked at them. He's shooting 46.3% this season up from a career of 38.4%. His 3 pt% FT% and scoring are all up.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/16/2018  8:33 AM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

ok.

Thanks for this post....what's amazing to me is we have a young pg who seems to be finding himself and reaching the potential some foresaw in him when he was drafted, yet we have people who refuse to acknowledge this because of who it is...if Frank put up the same numbers Mudiay has put up in December, he be dubbed the 2nd coming of Clyde....

There's a bunch of people who were in love with Phil Jackson when he was here. They worshipped every move he made. They are too deep in now to turn back, so anything that threatens the perceived awesomeness of those moves is criticized.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/16/2018  5:07 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

marginal improvement? Don't talk about stats unless you've looked at them. He's shooting 46.3% this season up from a career of 38.4%. His 3 pt% FT% and scoring are all up.

Yeah, his finishing at the rim has gone from horrible to mediocre, but his shot from mid-range and long twos has been really impressive. His assists are down, but so are his turnovers. I wonder if that has more to do with the offense overall. Mudiay has definitely stepped it up. Am I skeptical? A little, but I hope he prove me wrong.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/16/2018  11:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Earlier you said it was 4 games. It is the last 7.

"Do what you did this Sunday all season long. Then I'll decide if I want to shake your hand." - Tom Landry

No one is "hating" on Mudiay. Do it all year long. Do it when defenses are game planning specifically for you. Do it consistently. While tired, hurt, in foul trouble, having a bad shooting night, with the flu, with team mates injured or dogging it. Do it when the team needs you. Do it when the team doesn't need you.

You don't buy an engagement ring after one good blowjob. Well, it's more like one good blowjob and a few half hearted tugs.

Some of you guys are some desperate ass thirsty mother****ers. Bust a nut once and you start planning the wedding. He's had a few nice games, good for him. He's also had a longer body of work where he's not given a ****, been out of shape and hasn't shown progress in his game. When his back is to the wall and he realizes his career is soon to be over, then he tries. You want to give a big contract to that kind of guy?

"Well he got into shape!" It is his MOTHERFUCKING JOB to be in SHAPE ALREADY.

"You take care of your kids? You bragging about taking care of your kids? You are supposed to take care of your kids, you low expectations having mother****er!" - Chris Rock

Let's see Mudiay do it ALL YEAR LONG, then everyone can talk.

Already looking up florists in the phone book after one mediocre hand job. Some of you sell out real cheap.

CrushAlot
USA
12/17/2018  6:19 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

"Do what you did this Sunday all season long. Then I'll decide if I want to shake your hand." - Tom Landry

No one is "hating" on Mudiay. Do it all year long. Do it when defenses are game planning specifically for you. Do it consistently. While tired, hurt, in foul trouble, having a bad shooting night, with the flu, with team mates injured or dogging it. Do it when the team needs you. Do it when the team doesn't need you.

You don't buy an engagement ring after one good blowjob. Well, it's more like one good blowjob and a few half hearted tugs.

Some of you guys are some desperate ass thirsty mother****ers. Bust a nut once and you start planning the wedding. He's had a few nice games, good for him. He's also had a longer body of work where he's not given a ****, been out of shape and hasn't shown progress in his game. When his back is to the wall and he realizes his career is soon to be over, then he tries. You want to give a big contract to that kind of guy?

"You take care of your kids? You bragging about taking care of your kids? You are supposed to take care of your kids, you low expectations having mother****er!" - Chris Rock

Already looking up florists in the phone book after one mediocre hand job. Some of you sell out real cheap.

Fun thread to check out of no hate on Mudiay. Nice to see the old material back in your posts.
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=58654&page=1
meloshouldgo

12/17/2018  7:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

ok.

Earlier you said it was 4 games. It is the last 7. Remember that he was hurt at the beginning of the season and Fiz said that Mudiay has to get back into game shape. He seems to be there now. Sseven games is almost a third of his season because of the injury. I Have been reading the thread. What I am confused about is why is it so important to you that a 22 year old On the team you follow fail? Why are stats, in game play and the coach and analysts comments ignored when they talk about Mudiay?

So 7 games makes it real? That's your argument?

What I am confused about is why you keep pushing this utter garbage about me everytime you engage? Every person who has asked me why I don't like Mudiay has had the same consistent response he doesn't play defense. This isn't rocket science, I like players who play defense and don't look for their own shot first. I am also not invested in the "success" of every lottery bust in the history of the NBA and I don't want to see them take playing time away from the rookies we invested in. Mudiay and Burke are rentals and they are not part of our future, I don't care about seeing rentals go from way below average to barely below average and making it sound like success. Especially if hey do become suucessful they'll basically either leave or end uop being another overpriced contract. That doesn't mean I haete them. I have zero interest in resurrecting Mudiay's career, and no lack of interest doesn't equal hate, neither does pointing out that he doesn't play defense. Because he doesn't. If he consistently played defense and showed above average IQ -I would feel very different about resurrecting his career. check out my comments on vonleh if you need proof of that.

meloshouldgo

12/17/2018  7:51 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
franco12 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Don't respond to my posts unless you read and understood what I said.

Welpee
Member: #6239

12/17/2018  9:24 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
12/17/2018  9:34 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Can we have another 600 word essay on Ron Baker being a starting PG but Mudiay sucks.
#nflfrontofficewannabeknowitallpompousassdoesntknow****

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
I Think We Should Take A Chance On Markelle Fultz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy