[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What the Phuck is Fiz doing with our crazy linups.......!
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/6/2018  10:43 AM
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:I’m a Frank fan more because I hope. I’m not happy with his play and what looked like a bit of a statistically evident melt down. Part of the process is let a kid sit and then “reboot” it seems to be working with others.
Will it with frank? We’ll find out.
Will knicks do someting stupid? Won’t know until we get hindsight.
For what it’s worth, and it’s very little, Magic are actually decent on have a future. But I’m not going to pin that on Perry or the new assistant GM that replace him. Regarding Olidipo, they did not want to pay him.

I agree with a lot of this except the lame statement about Oladipo. The reality is they didn't know what they had, didn't develop and let him leave early, same with Tobias

If they had a chance of a do-over they'd keep Oladipo in a nanosecond

Clifford has essentially the same team as last year but is doing much, much better than Vogel (who I wanted here, yikes)
Budenholzer has the same Bucks team minus Jabari and has them playing phenomenally well (Yay Knicks for beating them anyway)

Coaches can make a huge difference even in a talent-driven league (See S.Kerr versus Mark Jackson as well)

they have an extremely difficult job. Xs and Os, player development, managing egos etc.

So far I give Fizz big credit in having the team play with passion. Yes, he has a bunch of young vets playing for their profession careers (they either turn it on now or play in EP, turkey, China etc) and a young of hungry rookies, but we have seen other coaches fail in the same context. Guys are playing hard and seem to genuinely like one another.

I also give him credit for doing a much better job of connecting with the players than Hornacek did. This doesn't mean you have to kiss player's ass; it means you need to be honest but respectful.

Having said that, I still see big problems with the team and the way he has them play. Honestly, at times, I think he's operating on a secret missive to intentionally lose

All the Olidipo stuff is debatable. perhaps they did not want to pay on potential and they did not know what they had via the metric of what to pay him? Perhaps they did not want to find out via free agency and risk losing him or have to match a contrct they were not comfortable with. If they knew what they had, they might have paid him. Perhaps a defined timeline would clarify this. But who has that kind of time??

at the end of the day, Oladipo is not an indictment on Fizz (topic of this thread); to the extent it's an indictment it's on Oralndo FO (which included Perry)

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Chandler

12/6/2018  10:46 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Anyone that thinks this year is about lineups, should stick to watching cricket.

Fiz has done a great job giving EVERYONE a look and fair shake thus far. He has done so and stayed competitive. Lets see the armchair geniuses suggest better lineups. For those mad that Frank is sitting, guess you were not listening at the beginning of the year when he said he will roll the ball out and let the best players play. What kind of respect would he have if he now changed the rules!!

Thank you. As I posted earlier- what is our record with KP? We're probably 500 or just a smidge over.

Add KD, and we're in first.

I love Fiz- I think he has done a great job of getting guys to overachieve.

What clear cut starter has he benched?

Before you fall too deeply in love consider the stats.

The team is playing worse on offense (passing and shooting) than last year (even though Fizz is rooted as a pg). We are dead last as a team in most passing stats. Mudiay is shooting better but passing worse (fewer assist more TOs). Yes he can look good here and there but he's averaging 3 assists and 2 TO a game roughly -- egads. that's our savior, our best passer? and he's not developing as a passer --he's regressing

More embarassing, we're far worse on defense (when Hornacek coached! let that sink in) This is so, even though this year we have Dot, Vonleh, and Mitch bring significantly more defensive energy than some of their predecessors

It's easy to like Fizz's passion (I do at least); and it's easy to see a lot of players playing hard for him (that's great). I am actually pulling for him, but that's because I'm a fan not because of the evidence in front of us.
the evidence suggests some very concerning aspects -- much more than lineups

His old GM said he couldn't close games; and we've seen that -- hopefully things improve

He alienated his best player in Memphis; Fizz said he learned from that, but KP has already called BS on him in a tweet, and Frank is probably not sending him any XMAS cards this year. ANd no, this isn't complaining about losing a starting role; i get that; Mud is playing better. This is about retarded DNPs when they could have used Frank's defense at least situationally (e.g., against Beale and the like) reinforcing and building Frank's confidence as a defensive stopper if nothing else. (How many games are we going to lose with THJ guarding the opponents best wing to end a game). And yes, I still think Fizz intended to humiliate Frank by gluing Frank to pine after 6 minutes when Frank did what coach wanted him to do --- attack the paint (albeit Frank could have done that better).

Whether it's KP or Frank, players have choices. The retreads will come here because we'll pay them. If we don't get some semblance of a system, culture, and real accountability the good guys are going to walk or find a way to force a trade.

Anyone who judges a new coach after 25 games and with a roster full of projects is an idiot! Anyone who thinks culture is developed in 25 games is a moron. We have a few on here.

As for accountability, Fiz has done nothing but hold players accountable.

Speak for yourself

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/6/2018  12:27 PM
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Anyone that thinks this year is about lineups, should stick to watching cricket.

Fiz has done a great job giving EVERYONE a look and fair shake thus far. He has done so and stayed competitive. Lets see the armchair geniuses suggest better lineups. For those mad that Frank is sitting, guess you were not listening at the beginning of the year when he said he will roll the ball out and let the best players play. What kind of respect would he have if he now changed the rules!!

Thank you. As I posted earlier- what is our record with KP? We're probably 500 or just a smidge over.

The team is playing worse on offense (passing and shooting) than last year (even though Fizz is rooted as a pg). We are dead last as a team in most passing stats. Mudiay is shooting better but passing worse (fewer assist more TOs). Yes he can look good here and there but he's averaging 3 assists and 2 TO a game roughly -- egads. that's our savior, our best passer? and he's not developing as a passer --he's regressing

More embarassing, we're far worse on defense (when Hornacek coached! let that sink in) This is so, even though this year we have Dot, Vonleh, and Mitch bring significantly more defensive energy than some of their predecessors

It's easy to like Fizz's passion (I do at least); and it's easy to see a lot of players playing hard for him (that's great). I am actually pulling for him, but that's because I'm a fan not because of the evidence in front of us.

His old GM said he couldn't close games; and we've seen that -- hopefully things improve

He alienated his best player in Memphis; Fizz said he learned from that, but KP has already called BS on him in a tweet, and Frank is probably not sending him any XMAS cards this year. ANd no, this isn't complaining about losing a starting role; i get that; Mud is playing better. This is about retarded DNPs when they could have used Frank's defense at least situationally (e.g., against Beale and the like) reinforcing and building Frank's confidence as a defensive stopper if nothing else. (How many games are we going to lose with THJ guarding the opponents best wing to end a game). And yes, I still think Fizz intended to humiliate Frank by gluing Frank to pine after 6 minutes when Frank did what coach wanted him to do --- attack the paint (albeit Frank could have done that better).

Whether it's KP or Frank, players have choices. The retreads will come here because we'll pay them. If we don't get some semblance of a system, culture, and real accountability the good guys are going to walk or find a way to force a trade.

Anyone who judges a new coach after 25 games and with a roster full of projects is an idiot! Anyone who thinks culture is developed in 25 games is a moron. We have a few on here.

Speak for yourself

Yeah, it's not just the 25 games here. These are some of the same issues Griz fans had, Gasol drama aside. Is it too early to call for his head? Yes. Is it too early too judge? No. He took the job knowing that he would be held accountable from Day 1.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/6/2018  1:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2018  4:37 PM
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Speak for yourself

Not one. Are you? Im not the one labeling him as a bad ccoach or a good one and showing stats to support the great theory at the 25 game mark. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though. Besides Only real morons on here are the ones still blaming the Knicks for not matching Jeremy Lin's ridiculous contract.

As stated, think he has done a good job giving everyone a shot. The ones that have their panties in a wad about benching Frank are the ones that pronounced Frank as the second coming and are mad he has not played well before his 20th bday. Think he will still be a very good player and will continue to improve.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG

12/6/2018  3:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2018  3:51 PM
I agree that there has to be more than meets the eye with Hezonja. It's baffling. Whatever, I hope things are stabilized soon.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/6/2018  3:54 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I agree that there has to be more than meets the eye with Hezonja. It's baffling. Whatever, I hope things are stabilized soon.

I think at this point it's safe to say Clarence Gaines is ANTI KNICK

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/6/2018  4:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I agree that there has to be more than meets the eye with Hezonja. It's baffling. Whatever, I hope things are stabilized soon.

He definitely is bitter. Seemed like he had a sweet thing going there when he and Mills were laughing at Melo's workout video right after Phil got canned. Berman reported that it appears Gaines was behind the pursuing and signing of Joakim.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/6/2018  4:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He definitely is bitter. Seemed like he had a sweet thing going there when he and Mills were laughing at Melo's workout video right after Phil got canned. Berman reported that it appears Gaines was behind the pursuing and signing of Joakim.

So i'm just wondering, did Mill just have the title GM, because his role back then is starting to look like he was more of a flunky..

sitting there with phil every game in those seats designated for Gm and prez, I don't see them sitting there much anymore..

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/6/2018  4:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Bitter? How did you land on bitter? How about straight forward?

And Anti Knick is just stupid.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/6/2018  5:04 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I follow him on twitter. Just based on a few things I have read. You could take it differently.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG

12/6/2018  5:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I follow him on twitter. Just based on a few things I have read. You could take it differently.

He might have an agenda. Who knows? Doesn't mean to disregard what he says. As a scout who's had success in the league, I think he has better insight that 99% of the poster's on this board, excluding possible burner accounts.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/6/2018  5:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The signing of Noah wouldn't have been bad, if it was a one year deal.

Was that actually confirmed they were laughing at Melo's workout? I thought that was a edited meme?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Chandler

12/6/2018  6:05 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Speak for yourself

Not one. Are you? Im not the one labeling him as a bad ccoach or a good one and showing stats to support the great theory at the 25 game mark. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though. Besides Only real morons on here are the ones still blaming the Knicks for not matching Jeremy Lin's ridiculous contract.

As stated, think he has done a good job giving everyone a shot. The ones that have their panties in a wad about benching Frank are the ones that pronounced Frank as the second coming and are mad he has not played well before his 20th bday. Think he will still be a very good player and will continue to improve.

Not sure where the Jeremy Lin contract stuff is coming from, not me. I wasn't on the board for that drama

on the flip side i do recall you calling every and anyone an idiot for questioning Melo's skills -- i.e., the guy who got kicked out of Okl in 1 year, and out of Houston in a heart beat

I've been wrong very often and admit to it when i am, but have never been that wrong

(5)(5)
Chandler

12/6/2018  6:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Yikes. Definitely bad blood and super surprised to see this playing out in a Twitter feud

I don't know if anyone saw the post article where Fizz was saying FO supported him regarding Frank. Somehow I think Frank is being caught in the middle of some hissy-fit ****

(5)(5)
Chandler

12/6/2018  6:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2018  6:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

is it anti Knick, or anti Perry/Fiz

Gaines got canned this year right (not at same moment as Phil, right?)

Wondering if there were snarky comments about how the roster was assembled that Gaines too personally, and perhaps disrespected considering he has played roles in assembling championship rosters and probably was the only one capable of saying that in such a situation.

Man this looks ugly (would say fun if it were a different team)

And Gaines is chiming in on a tweet that wasn't even about Hezonja. Must be some **** like you signed Joachim, and the retort is you signed (and resigned) hezonja

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG

12/6/2018  7:15 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wondering if there were snarky comments about how the roster was assembled that Gaines too personally, and perhaps disrespected considering he has played roles in assembling championship rosters and probably was the only one capable of saying that in such a situation.

And Gaines is chiming in on a tweet that wasn't even about Hezonja. Must be some **** like you signed Joachim, and the retort is you signed (and resigned) hezonja

No, the narrative of the tweets was centered on Hezonja's D. Film School argued that Mario made small improvements and Gaines, after rewatching game tape, responded with the tweet linked to above.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/6/2018  8:43 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

agreed
Chandler

12/6/2018  9:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

No, the narrative of the tweets was centered on Hezonja's D. Film School argued that Mario made small improvements and Gaines, after rewatching game tape, responded with the tweet linked to above.

Ahh thanks. I saw mention of mudiay and thought that was what was being discussed and then Gaines
Chimes in. Anyway Gaines clearly has a hair across his ass, as my mother used to say. He and Perry or mills or fizz have some bad blood

(5)(5)
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

12/6/2018  10:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I won't say anti Knicks. I think he's sensitive to being second guessed. I've heard this Hezonja conversation before.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/6/2018  10:56 PM
Fiz can’t get fired fast enough for my liking and Perry too. They trying to show up Young kids just because Phil picked them.
What the Phuck is Fiz doing with our crazy linups.......!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy