[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How bout a trade for Marquiea Chriss? Another former top 10
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/5/2018  7:34 AM
Houston needs a wing and has already cleard a spot by releasing House. We know how much Perry likes former lotto picks. Kid is only 21 and can get lots of minutes here to learn. We have plenty of wings. Maybe get another draft pick in return for Lee and ? Of course would have to make salaries work.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
12/5/2018  8:08 AM
Since you want to collect all the top 10 bust....This guy was cut by the nets.....4th team since he was drafted. Only 24yrs old.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/while-cavs-roll-former-no-1-pick-anthony-bennett-says-hell-have-the-last-laugh/

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
HofstraBBall

12/5/2018  9:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2018  9:59 AM
blkexec wrote:Since you want to collect all the top 10 bust....This guy was cut by the nets.....4th team since he was drafted. Only 24yrs old.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/while-cavs-roll-former-no-1-pick-anthony-bennett-says-hell-have-the-last-laugh/

Perry is on the phone with his agent, as we speak. Kid has definitely been a disappointment. Hey, bring him in to Westchester. Who would have thought Vonleh would be ballin as he is.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2018  10:08 AM
If potential is the measure, I'd trade him straight up for Dotson. Don't get me wrong, I like Dot a lot. Just getting crowded here.
CLee is not going to be easy to move because knicks won't want to take back any more salary beyond this year.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/5/2018  10:43 AM
Why dont we just wait for houston to cut him at deadline and then we can sign him to W-Knicks. Perry did the smart thing by doing all his work in the off-season so he can sit pretty and let the chips fall where they may during the regular season. Only other 'required' move for him is the Trier signing and resulting cut of Baker
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
12/5/2018  12:16 PM
I'd strongly pass on Chriss - while talented, he really struggled to be a good teammate in Phx, and was really inconsistent. He should go to a team like the Spurs where everyone around him is disciplined and won't be competing for his minutes.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/5/2018  12:31 PM
How about this guy?

I know he was a bust during his first run with the organization, but I think we can resurrect his career. I definitely see exec of the year potential here. We don't even have to trade for him!

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/5/2018  1:31 PM
He and KP would have to kiss and make-up

Pass

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/5/2018  1:36 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:Since you want to collect all the top 10 bust....This guy was cut by the nets.....4th team since he was drafted. Only 24yrs old.

Perry is on the phone with his agent, as we speak. Kid has definitely been a disappointment. Hey, bring him in to Westchester. Who would have thought Vonleh would be ballin as he is.

I feel our front court rotation is pretty much locked in. Vonleh at this point is the better project. To trade for him I don't feel would be a good choice. To sign him as a FA ala Burke, Vonleh, Herzonia etc... Sure.

We need better forward depth though. We only really have Knox there. Lance and Herzonia aren't long term options and we lack defense and length here.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/5/2018  4:35 PM
I really don't want him because it will take away from Robinson, Vonleh, eventually KP, and even Knox who will see minutes at the 4. Seems like we have enough young talent here to develop without cramping it up.
HofstraBBall

12/5/2018  4:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:How about this guy?

I know he was a bust during his first run with the organization, but I think we can resurrect his career. I definitely see exec of the year potential here. We don't even have to trade for him!

Is he 21? Sign him up.

HofstraBBall

12/5/2018  4:39 PM
Nalod wrote:If potential is the measure, I'd trade him straight up for Dotson. Don't get me wrong, I like Dot a lot. Just getting crowded here.
CLee is not going to be easy to move because knicks won't want to take back any more salary beyond this year.

Think CLee definitely gets traded/ Lots of playoff teams need guys like Lee. But your right, has to be with a team that has an expiring.

HofstraBBall

12/5/2018  4:41 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I feel our front court rotation is pretty much locked in. Vonleh at this point is the better project. To trade for him I don't feel would be a good choice. To sign him as a FA ala Burke, Vonleh, Herzonia etc... Sure.

We need better forward depth though. We only really have Knox there. Lance and Herzonia aren't long term options and we lack defense and length here.

Good points. Who do you see as a lock for our front court rotation? But agree, would be best if we picked him up off waivers but think the talk in Houston is he will be traded this week.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/5/2018  4:43 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:How about this guy?

Is he 21? Sign him up.

Thats too old

ES
Nalod
USA
12/6/2018  10:56 AM
Philly: Wilson chander (expiring) for CLee. JJ has not missed a game this year. Wilson at 6-9 is a SF.
The money works and Wilson is an expiring. I can't tell you what else Philly needs to round them out. If they are to make a run
They need experienced half court players. Lance would give them that. But he makes 7mmish. Can take Baker and cut him. Gets you almost there.
Rockets really don't have the contracts that's friendly to trade. Chriss for Baker? That doe not really help them. Chriss is just under 4mm salary.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/6/2018  2:55 PM
Nalod wrote:Philly: Wilson chander (expiring) for CLee. JJ has not missed a game this year. Wilson at 6-9 is a SF.
The money works and Wilson is an expiring. I can't tell you what else Philly needs to round them out. If they are to make a run.
They need experienced half court players. Lance would give them that. But he makes 7mmish. Can take Baker and cut him. Gets you almost there.
Rockets really don't have the contracts that's friendly to trade. Chriss for Baker? That doe not really help them. Chriss is just under 4mm salary.

I'm not sure Philly is desperate enough to do that deal.gh It would help them, but I think think they brought Chandler in to have better cap flexibility this summer. Would you sacrifice that for Lee?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
12/6/2018  9:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:Philly: Wilson chander (expiring) for CLee. JJ has not missed a game this year. Wilson at 6-9 is a SF.
The money works and Wilson is an expiring. I can't tell you what else Philly needs to round them out. If they are to make a run.

I'm not sure Philly is desperate enough to do that deal.gh It would help them, but I think think they brought Chandler in to have better cap flexibility this summer. Would you sacrifice that for Lee?

TO make a run to the finals? They Might.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

12/8/2018  1:22 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:If potential is the measure, I'd trade him straight up for Dotson. Don't get me wrong, I like Dot a lot. Just getting crowded here.

Think CLee definitely gets traded/ Lots of playoff teams need guys like Lee. But your right, has to be with a team that has an expiring.

Chriss is a low BBIQ player. He makes bad decisions routinely. He's lazy and a ****ty teammate. He has not developed at all since he was drafted. His team mates hate him and the refs particularly hate him. (Suns have had bad luck that, when they had the Morris Twins, the refs just outright ****ed them every night and even the league administration couldn't stop it)

Morey didn't want to trade for him, but Fertitta wanted Ryan Anderson's contract off the books. That they lost Melton in the deal makes this even worse.

Do you want a dumb lazy jerk who is universally hated to get anywhere near Trier, Knox and MRob?

No team wants Lee's age 34 year while choking out their future cap flexibility and giving up a positive asset to do it. Knicks have tried to trade Lee since they signed him and clearly no one wants him at his current contract/AAV. He is useful at times, but not against his current contract.

If the Knicks trade for Chriss, it is NOT trading for a lottery ticket. It's trading for a fresh steaming piece of ****. You could not ask for a worst possible NBA player to put near your rookies.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/8/2018  1:39 PM
Chriss isn't good.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
How bout a trade for Marquiea Chriss? Another former top 10

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy