The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/20/2019  2:23 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:Hold the phone..

The plot thickens. After Zion, this draft promises to be a must-see.

No way Griz does this, plus it seemed more like the Pels wanted to add a vet/star with their assets rather than RJ.

If it did look like it was going to happen (it won't) and I liked Garland more than Ja, I'd just call the Pels and take what they were offering the Griz

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/20/2019  7:42 AM
I can see that Nola trade happening. Nola May be intent on amping the excitement after losing AD and they now have assets. My question is who plays Sf and Sg Ingram and Barrett

As critical as I have been of FO I am glad they have done a lot of due diligence. It makes them better prepared for moments like this

I know Ja had surgery and thus no workouts but does anyone know if we met w him privately?

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/20/2019  8:42 AM
Chandler wrote:I can see that Nola trade happening. Nola May be intent on amping the excitement after losing AD and they now have assets. My question is who plays Sf and Sg Ingram and Barrett

As critical as I have been of FO I am glad they have done a lot of due diligence. It makes them better prepared for moments like this

I know Ja had surgery and thus no workouts but does anyone know if we met w him privately?

While top prospect Ja Morant remains the favorite to be selected No. 2 overall by the Grizzlies, he’s apparently taking no chances, as Jordan Schultz of ESPN reports that the 19-year-old Murray State product will meet with the Knicks in New York City on Thursday.

Morant, who recently underwent a preventative surgical procedure on his right knee, also met with the Grizzlies over the weekend. His two reported meetings fit with his projected draft position, as virtually nobody believes Morant will last past the Knicks’ pick at No. 3.

One of the reasons that Morant could feel that Memphis is not a sure thing may be a recent rumor that the Grizzlies are looking harder at other options with the No. 2 pick, primarily sparked by the team’s unsuccessful attempt(s) in trying to get RJ Barrett to come to Memphis for a private workout.

I hope the knicks make a trade to get rid of frank, that the only reason to watch.

But with this conservative FO, they normally just sit on their hands scared to death to take risk

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/20/2019  9:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2019  9:23 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:I can see that Nola trade happening. Nola May be intent on amping the excitement after losing AD and they now have assets. My question is who plays Sf and Sg Ingram and Barrett

While top prospect Ja Morant remains the favorite to be selected No. 2 overall by the Grizzlies, he’s apparently taking no chances, as Jordan Schultz of ESPN reports that the 19-year-old Murray State product will meet with the Knicks in New York City on Thursday.

Morant, who recently underwent a preventative surgical procedure on his right knee, also met with the Grizzlies over the weekend. His two reported meetings fit with his projected draft position, as virtually nobody believes Morant will last past the Knicks’ pick at No. 3.

One of the reasons that Morant could feel that Memphis is not a sure thing may be a recent rumor that the Grizzlies are looking harder at other options with the No. 2 pick, primarily sparked by the team’s unsuccessful attempt(s) in trying to get RJ Barrett to come to Memphis for a private workout.

I hope the knicks make a trade to get rid of frank, that the only reason to watch.

But with this conservative FO, they normally just sit on their hands scared to death to take risk

Yawn. Every draft day you are miserable and try to ruin it for the rest of us. We get it you dont believe in draft picks/youth lol
Chandler

6/20/2019  9:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2019  9:25 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

I have been very critical of FO but couldn’t disagree more.
Last year they took plenty of risk in selecting KK over players like bridges

I also think they should hold onto Frank. Let him defend the point and he has to earn his minutes
I don’t expect electricity from frank but think he is fully capable of hitting shots and keeping the other D honest

CS needs to calibrate expectations of him. He can contribute to winning basketball

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/20/2019  9:26 AM
KP trade was decisive. Rainman vs 1248. Jekyl be Hyde.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/20/2019  9:27 AM
Nalod wrote:KP trade was decisive. Rainman vs 1248. Jekyl be Hyde.
Absolutely lol
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2019  10:09 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
6/20/2019  10:30 AM
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/20/2019  10:35 AM
martin wrote:

Knicks_Fan
martin
USA
6/20/2019  10:36 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:

Exactly

smackeddog
6/20/2019  10:52 AM

Yes, we met with him privately, but no workout due to the surgery. Players at the top of the draft we've definitely met and or worked out:

RJ
Ja
Cam Reddish
Culver
Garland

smackeddog
6/20/2019  11:00 AM
martin wrote:

Hmmm, we're not in line for any trades (unless we move Frank), but teams that are likely:

-Pelicans (seem to want to move down, while Twolves and Bulls want to move up for Garland)
-Hawks (seem to want to move two of their picks to move up- people say for cutler, but Hawks are the only team DeAndre Hunter has worked out or interviewed for and would fit perfectly onto their team)
-OKC seem to want to give up their pick for cap relief
-Boston don't want to take 3 rookies so may move up

smackeddog
6/20/2019  11:03 AM
nbadraft.net were pretty accurate with their mock the past two years despite the site looking cheap as hell (also I think they lost their main writer to one of the big networks, so not sure if that happened recently or a few years ago:

https://www.nbadraft.net

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/20/2019  11:22 AM
Are WE onto something?

Basic due diligence, but could also mean we might be active dealing for another first or might be actually considering offers to trade down.

Knicks_Fan
Chandler

6/20/2019  11:28 AM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

Hmmm, we're not in line for any trades (unless we move Frank), but teams that are likely:

-Pelicans (seem to want to move down, while Twolves and Bulls want to move up for Garland)
-Hawks (seem to want to move two of their picks to move up- people say for cutler, but Hawks are the only team DeAndre Hunter has worked out or interviewed for and would fit perfectly onto their team)
-OKC seem to want to give up their pick for cap relief
-Boston don't want to take 3 rookies so may move up

Celtics should want to trade their picks; Ainge's drafting has been very suspect in the range of today's picks; on the other hand consider how he has fleeced teams in trades

2018, pick 27 , Robert Williams

2017, pick 3 (from BKN), Jayson Tatum

2016, pick 3 (from BKN), Jaylen Brown; pick 16 (from DAL) Guerschon Yabusele; pick 23 Ante Žižić

2015, pick 16 Terry Rozier; pick 28 (from LAC) R. J. Hunter

2014, pick 6, Marcus Smart; pick 17 James Young

2013, pick 16 Lucas Nogueira

2012, pick 21, Jared Sullinger, pick 22 Fab Melo

(5)(5)
martin
USA
6/20/2019  11:31 AM
Knicksfan wrote:Are WE onto something?

Basic due diligence, but could also mean we might be active dealing for another first or might be actually considering offers to trade down.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/20/2019  11:34 AM

I'm wondering if the Knicks are quietly shopping Smith jr, Frank and maybe the pick from Dallas to perhaps the Suns and are looking to grab Garland or White?

smackeddog
6/20/2019  11:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2019  11:44 AM
Uptown wrote:

I'm wondering if the Knicks are quietly shopping Smith jr, Frank and maybe the pick from Dallas to perhaps the Suns and are looking to grab Garland or White?

I suspect we're just covering our bases in the unlikely event the Pelicans make us a bedazzling offer. Just don't see it happening! Don't get why we've left these so late though.

smackeddog
6/20/2019  11:43 AM
So if Pelicans come calling and offer Ingram and the 4th for the 3rd would you say yes?

For me, while some people say they still believe in Ingram, his FT shooting and 3PT shooting is comparable to RJ's, who gets blasted and made out that he'll never improve.

The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy