[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

4/3/2019  1:14 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/3/2019  2:20 PM
1st: Zion
2nd: Ja Morant
3rd: RJ Barrett/Jarrett Culver
4th: RJ Barrett/ Jarrett Culver
5th: Deandre Hunter

Assuming we can’t trade down if we can’t go at an top two pick

The Future is Bright!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/3/2019  5:35 PM
TPercy wrote:1st: Zion

Sounds about right. I get the feeling Ja can go number 3 if Cleveland has the 2nd pick. Are they really going to use their pick on another PG after they just drafted 1 a year ago? Sexton played pretty decent this year from everything I have seen too. I can see them drafting Barrett.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/3/2019  11:43 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

Sounds about right. I get the feeling Ja can go number 3 if Cleveland has the 2nd pick. Are they really going to use their pick on another PG after they just drafted 1 a year ago? Sexton played pretty decent this year from everything I have seen too. I can see them drafting Barrett.

Dont know what Cleveland is running, but Houston's success might get them interested in a 2 PG lineup. Or have Morant play off the ball.Would try the same thing with Smith jr. if we got Morant. Worth trying before a possible trade. Both on rookie contracts, little risk with potential for a big payoff down the road.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/4/2019  9:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Dont know what Cleveland is running, but Houston's success might get them interested in a 2 PG lineup. Or have Morant play off the ball.Would try the same thing with Smith jr. if we got Morant. Worth trying before a possible trade. Both on rookie contracts, little risk with potential for a big payoff down the road.

If we get Morant, I think Dennis comes off the be bench or gets traded. With no consistent shot and the fact that he wants to be the numero uno PG, there is no spot for him.

I would highly highly consider throwing as much as you can at Klay if we get either Morant or Zion.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718

4/5/2019  12:30 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

If we get Morant, I think Dennis comes off the be bench or gets traded. With no consistent shot and the fact that he wants to be the numero uno PG, there is no spot for him.

I would highly highly consider throwing as much as you can at Klay if we get either Morant or Zion.

Klay and KD would be the best haul...even better than KD and Kawhi.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/5/2019  9:54 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

For me, from a purely basketball perspective, I like KD/Kawhi.

Klay to me is a very good 1A player, where Kawhi can be your centerpiece for months on end during a season.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/5/2019  10:24 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Smith jr wanting to be the man, is a good thing. Thats what you want from a starting PG. He wants to be numero uno, but not to be a black hole on offense. Smith jr needs to work on his shooting, playing more efficiently, defense. Doesnt have to work on sharing the rock. That bears repeating.

If Smith jr. is still here, its likely that if anyone comes off the bench, it will be Morant. Because he is a rook.

Not sure why the rush to move him. DSJr had to carry his team in college, had to run a lottery team as a rook with a very demanding coach. Then the team quickly changed course after Doncic was drafted. Now on a lottery team where the starting lineup changes almost every night.

Want to see how Smith jr plays on a team good enough to make the playoffs, before possibly moving him.

We need one quality max player, should happen next season. Morant might not be a real factor for a season or two. Smith jr, could run the point until then. Wouldn't give up on DSjr until we're sure that anyone we draft is the real deal. Giving a max contract to a PG, is another matter.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/5/2019  4:31 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

I tend to agree. I think we could also make the case for Kawhi and Klay because of age and that group would fit with Zion or Ja and the rest of our youth

KD is great and the team would improve tremendously, but by the time we could be contenders he will be too old. We're likely to be mediocre at best next year even with two Max's and a number 1 pick. We have to improve 30 games just to get to a bit over 500 next year.

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/6/2019  10:09 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Member: #748
4/6/2019  10:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2019  10:24 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Smith jr wanting to be the man, is a good thing. Thats what you want from a starting PG. He wants to be numero uno, but not to be a black hole on offense. Smith jr needs to work on his shooting, playing more efficiently, defense.

What in the holy hell are you talking about?

It's fine to be a ball stopping shot jacker if you are EFFICIENT enough when teams are bracketing you defensively and you can CONSISTENTLY make them pay in all forms of matchups. This is insanely hard. We are talking Westbrook/Harden/Curry type of production. ( Curry is not a shot jacker, but he could be if he wanted to and get away with it)

Wanting to be "The Man" but not possessing the production or skill set to get that production is completely and totally ****ing stupid.

If you cannot dominate, you must play A ROLE. It's that mother****ing simple. You don't want a role player who thinks he's Oscar Robertson. That means the player is a FUCKING IDIOT.

So he needs to work on his shooting and his defense. And being efficient. Basically everything. Which is why his ass got traded in the first place, if he had true 3 And D value, he could play a ROLE, and Dallas would have use for him. Or countless teams would have fought to trade for him if he could do that. He can't.

He's a **** decision maker on the court. You can't fix that.

You start by saying it's good he wants to dominate and play that way. Then you come out and point out his flaws ( many of them) which show he can't dominate.

How about making it real ****ing simple. DSJr needs to work relentlessly on his three point shot and give 300 percent effort on defense all the time. That's a start. It's a start to BUILD A ROLE that has value in the league. Then build on that and see if he can do more/ give you more down the road.

"It's good to go out there and hero ball! Even if you don't have the skills to get away with that and keep your team from losing!"

What the **** are you even talking about

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
4/6/2019  10:25 AM
martin wrote:

WE CANT EVEN TANK RIGHT....LOL

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718

4/6/2019  2:49 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

For me, from a purely basketball perspective, I like KD/Kawhi.

Klay to me is a very good 1A player, where Kawhi can be your centerpiece for months on end during a season.

I understand, but Klay and KD have played together for some time, there's no chemistry building process to go through between them. KD / Kawhi...that would take time I think. Plus I like Klay's durability more.

Cartman718

4/6/2019  9:09 PM
auburn looked good, but barkley looked pained when they lost.
Cartman718

4/8/2019  10:17 PM
Jarrett Culver is sucking bad. After having a 5 of 19 game recently, he’s now 0 for 6 in the first half. No thanks, do not need another THJr shooting clone
Cartman718

4/8/2019  10:29 PM
Also last game Culver was 3 of 12. He had only 3 points until the last 2 mins of the game
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/9/2019  1:00 AM
Forget Culver. Give me DeAndre Hunter
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/9/2019  8:48 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:Sometimes a "weak draft" is really a very even one where ranking is more an art and like always time will tell.
This Zion is head above the rest and thus the next tier is more even. Ja Morant is the obvious flavor for no. 2.

Agree that the talent level has a big drop after Zion. Disagree that Ja should be number 2. Think Barrett can be elite and is still a better prospect. Specially when you look at the type of players Ja competed against. If we don't get the first two picks ,highly unlikely, I would not mind the Knicks trading it for quantity. Like Darius Garland, Deandre hunter,
kZ opala, Luguentz dort

Also curious to see what happens with Bol Bol. Forgotten due to injury but he was considered one of top players coming out of HS. Feeling is his stock will grow during workouts.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/9/2019  8:59 AM
I don't know how it happened, but i watched all of last nights game and it was tremendous. Both of those teams could probably beat the knicks!

I hope we end up finding talent with our picks. We need so much.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/9/2019  12:55 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Jarrett Culver is sucking bad. After having a 5 of 19 game recently, he's now 0 for 6 in the first half. No thanks, do not need another THJr shooting clone
his last two games were REALLY disappointing on offense. Still a great defensive player but Hunter really established himself as a tier above Culver IMO
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy