Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/18/2019  9:22 PM
Second sentence is BS.

VCoug wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
VCoug wrote:I understand that these guys are young players and are not finished products. That doesn't mean we can't evaluate their play and judge what they're doing on the court. Being young doesn't mean that they aren't currently terrible and need to make major leaps just to be average. Knox has been terrible, one of the worst players in the NBA. He's not shooting well from any area of the floor and is terrible on drives to the basket only shooting 38.6% on layups: https://stats.nba.com/player/1628995/shooting/. And, until he gets that FT% up from a mediocre 71% his outside shot should be considered very suspect.

Even more concerning is that shooting/scoring is his best skill by far. He does absolutely nothing else on the court. His defense is basically non-existent, his rebounding is terrible for a guy his size, and his passing/playmaking is atrocious averaging 0.9 assists to 1.5 TOs per game.

Knox is trying high difficulty takes to the rim. He has the green light, thats how you get good at it. Repetition. During a season made for players like Knox to work on being a threat.

Knox is trying to beat smaller,faster,defenders off the dribble. Was good enough to win Rookie of the month. Has apparently been on the top 5 rookie ladder 5 times this half season.

Is showing enough to make a case that Knox isnt one of the worst players in the NBA. He's a tall kid (growing) who is trying to play like a smaller player. Knox is learning. Maybe not as fast as you'd like.

Anyone can take high difficulty shots, let me know when he starts making them. Rookie of the month and being on the rookie ladder are completely meaningless.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/18/2019  9:34 PM
VCoug wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
VCoug wrote:I understand that these guys are young players and are not finished products. That doesn't mean we can't evaluate their play and judge what they're doing on the court. Being young doesn't mean that they aren't currently terrible and need to make major leaps just to be average. Knox has been terrible, one of the worst players in the NBA. He's not shooting well from any area of the floor and is terrible on drives to the basket only shooting 38.6% on layups: https://stats.nba.com/player/1628995/shooting/. And, until he gets that FT% up from a mediocre 71% his outside shot should be considered very suspect.

Even more concerning is that shooting/scoring is his best skill by far. He does absolutely nothing else on the court. His defense is basically non-existent, his rebounding is terrible for a guy his size, and his passing/playmaking is atrocious averaging 0.9 assists to 1.5 TOs per game.

Knox is trying high difficulty takes to the rim. He has the green light, thats how you get good at it. Repetition. During a season made for players like Knox to work on being a threat.

Knox is trying to beat smaller,faster,defenders off the dribble. Was good enough to win Rookie of the month. Has apparently been on the top 5 rookie ladder 5 times this half season.

Is showing enough to make a case that Knox isnt one of the worst players in the NBA. He's a tall kid (growing) who is trying to play like a smaller player. Knox is learning. Maybe not as fast as you'd like.

Anyone can take high difficulty shots, let me know when he starts making them. Rookie of the month and being on the rookie ladder are completely meaningless.

They mean something if you're suggesting that Knox is one of the worst players in the league. The rookie ladder tracks rookies by week. The ones near the top have good games not just for rookies, but also for vets. Thats why it means something. Means you are expecting Knox to be a lot further in half a season. For some reason.

Knox has made his share of high difficulty shots, but being a rookie, he still has some learning to do. Did you believe thst Knox should have just skipped that part? Fizdale wants Knox get better at attacking the rim, thats how you do it. Not shying away when your coach gives you the green light.

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/19/2019  12:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
VCoug wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

They mean something if you're suggesting that Knox is one of the worst players in the league. The rookie ladder tracks rookies by week. The ones near the top have good games not just for rookies, but also for vets. Thats why it means something. Means you are expecting Knox to be a lot further in half a season. For some reason.

Knox has made his share of high difficulty shots, but being a rookie, he still has some learning to do. Did you believe thst Knox should have just skipped that part? Fizdale wants Knox get better at attacking the rim, thats how you do it. Not shying away when your coach gives you the green light.

No, they really don't mean anything. Rookie awards in general don't mean anything but the rookie ladder is particularly meaningless. And he isn't even listed on it and I can't find the last time he was. I expect Knox to show some NBA skills that justifies his drafting. How many rookies can you think of that have been as bad as Knox has this year? How many players can you think of that have shown a complete lack of secondary skills like Knox has?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/20/2019  8:55 PM
UNC vs Duke tonight at 9 pm on ESPN 3
Average price ticket $3300.00
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

2/20/2019  9:08 PM
Damn its a star studded courtside......Obama, Spike, etc
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

2/20/2019  9:09 PM
36 seconds into game, Zion blew out his shoe...yes you heard me...BLEW OUT HIS SHOE....like wtf Nike...can you not do better??
Cartman718

2/20/2019  9:10 PM
Zion heading back to locker room already
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/20/2019  9:11 PM
Cartman718 wrote:36 seconds into game, Zion blew out his shoe...yes you heard me...BLEW OUT HIS SHOE....like wtf Nike...can you not do better??

Worst Nike ad ever...

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/20/2019  9:38 PM
Wow, Zion is out for the game. I really hope he’s okay for his sake. NIKE looks horrible.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718

2/20/2019  9:46 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Wow, Zion is out for the game. I really hope he’s okay for his sake. NIKE looks horrible.

let me just say that if this is a bad injury...draft time its gonna look bleak for nike
Also...I like Cam Reddish's game, but Barrett's defense may be more open to grooming

Allanfan20
USA
2/20/2019  10:01 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Wow, Zion is out for the game. I really hope he’s okay for his sake. NIKE looks horrible.

let me just say that if this is a bad injury...draft time its gonna look bleak for nike
Also...I like Cam Reddish's game, but Barrett's defense may be more open to grooming

I like Barrett 100% more. While his 3 point shot sucks, and that is important, the rest of his game is very controlled, unselfish and deliberate. He uses his athleticism very well. If Zion wasn’t available and we got RJ, I would be happy. He still desperately needs to improve his 3 though.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718

2/20/2019  10:13 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I like Barrett 100% more. While his 3 point shot sucks, and that is important, the rest of his game is very controlled, unselfish and deliberate. He uses his athleticism very well. If Zion wasn’t available and we got RJ, I would be happy. He still desperately needs to improve his 3 though.

If we cannot get Zion, and we are not trading the pick, as of today, I prefer Reddish, but need to see what happens after March 15

Cartman718

2/20/2019  10:39 PM
Duke looks like ass without Zion
Cartman718

2/20/2019  10:55 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/21/2019  11:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Its Rainman finding out Steve Mills is 2020 exec of the year!

Allanfan20
USA
2/23/2019  3:17 AM
Just heard that Zion has been wearing the same shoe all season! Is this normal for college athletes? NBA players change their shoes every 1-3 games!
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2019  3:37 AM
Cavs win again, Bulls win again, Suns lose again.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/27/2019  11:35 AM
smackeddog wrote:Cavs win again, Bulls win again, Suns lose again.

I hope these guys continue to play at a high level, I'd would rather see that knowing there building good habits and a solid foundation as oppose to playing like a lost case..

ES
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/28/2019  1:11 PM
Confidence gained around this time of the year is fools gold.

Bad teams (particularly the Knicks) go on winning streaks around this time of the year. They'll upset a number of playoff teams along the way. Makes you think that a .500 record is achievable with the same ragtag cast of players, and even better if you just add a draft pick or marquee FA.

If we're going to lose against anyone, definitely lose against the other "worst-record" contenders. Lose all games to the Suns (they already beat us at home in December, so we're in the driver's seat!), Cavs, and Bulls the rest of the way. Missing out on a draft pick due to a tie breaker is the worst.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Cartman718

2/28/2019  10:10 PM
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy