[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Vonleh the answer when Porzingis returns?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/27/2018  4:33 PM
Vonleh at the 4 is almost the perfect compliment to Porzingis when you think about it. Most people agree that Porzingis will be best at the 5, but they don't want him to deal with too much physicality. Vonleh allows the best of both worlds, a PF who can defend both positions, rebounds well, and can knock down the open 3, which is the key to it all.

If the Knicks make a major free agent acquisition at the SF, such as Durant, Knox will likely be coming off the bench until he really develops, he's still the 2nd youngest player in the league. If there are no major free agent acquisitions, or if the addition is at PG (Irving, Walker, Rozier, Brogdon, Bledsoe, etc) then Knox will likely eventually grab that SF slot. Robinson is impressing, but still extremely raw and may take a few years before he is a starting caliber center on a playoff team.

We become a win-now team starting next year, and i expect Vonleh to be resigned due to his ability to do all of the little things up front. As far as role players, i don't think there is a much better compliment out there to Porzingis. Thoughts?

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/27/2018  4:35 PM
Vonleh has been a great project and I expect him to be resigned in some capacity
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/27/2018  6:02 PM
I would rather have Vonleh than Kanter, Vonleh is a two way player af long as he can sustain it for the season. But he will need to build chemistry with KP
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knixkik
USA
11/27/2018  6:07 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I would rather have Vonleh than Kanter, Vonleh is a two way player af long as he can sustain it for the season. But he will need to build chemistry with KP

Absolutely. He’s much more valuable than Kanter. He’s a great complimentary piece alongside scorers.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/27/2018  11:22 PM
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I would rather have Vonleh than Kanter, Vonleh is a two way player af long as he can sustain it for the season. But he will need to build chemistry with KP

Absolutely. He’s much more valuable than Kanter. He’s a great complimentary piece alongside scorers.

kanter is a traditional Canter, noah is a PF, im not sure why compare the 2

ES
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/28/2018  7:25 AM
I want to see this lineup in a few months if all are healthy

Porzingis
Knox
Hardaway
Trier
Ntilikina

Knixkik
USA
11/28/2018  7:28 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Positions matter less today. Vonleh can guard both 4/5. He can play both.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/28/2018  8:14 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

really

Raptors center Valanciunas lit us up for 19 in 20 min off the bench, the next night Adams drops 19 on like 70% shooting, all in the paint, the next knight Vucevic drop 28 in 32 min on 70% shooting, soft ass mile leonard had 15 points in 17 mins off the bench.

If we had any good big man defenders this wouldn't happen on a regular basis, we would have a particular defender to send after these dudes.

In today's NBA it's all about defensive schemes as oppose to individual defense, you can't get physical and body ppl up anymore.

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/28/2018  10:28 AM

plus he can shoot the 3, handle the ball, defend inside or out. I was so down on this guy when they signed him, and was soooo wrong

I hope he continues to develop here

(5)(5)
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/28/2018  11:17 AM
Yes he is
Knixkik
USA
11/28/2018  11:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2018  11:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

really

Raptors center Valanciunas lit us up for 19 in 20 min off the bench, the next night Adams drops 19 on like 70% shooting, all in the paint, the next knight Vucevic drop 28 in 32 min on 70% shooting, soft ass mile leonard had 15 points in 17 mins off the bench.

If we had any good big man defenders this wouldn't happen on a regular basis, we would have a particular defender to send after these dudes.

In today's NBA it's all about defensive schemes as oppose to individual defense, you can't get physical and body ppl up anymore.

Kanter can't defend 4s, so Vonleh has to. That leave Kanter getting killed by these guys you mentioned, all centers. With Porzingis in the mix, you can switch everything up front. Porzingis and Vonleh are both interchangeable. That's my point. With Kanter you are limited where these things will happen. He's on an island every time on D.

JamaicanJetFan
Member: #2297
USA
11/28/2018  11:53 AM
2019 Dream

KP
Vonleh
KD
Trier
Frank

With [Random Vet PG], Dotson, THJ, Knox, Mitch as the 2nd Unit + 2019 Draft Pick

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/28/2018  11:58 AM
At some point Kanter is waived or traded. I can see us bringing up Hicks. Enes is a monster and a good guy. I like him but at a price and off the bench. His ceiling is set. Vonleh I see as hopefully the third Morris Twin. Good glue guy off the bench can fill various needs.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/28/2018  2:06 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I want to see this lineup in a few months if all are healthy

Porzingis
Knox
Hardaway
Trier
Ntilikina

The only shoe-in for that line-up is Timmy. Trier can still get overwhelmed, Knox hasn’t earned a dime yet and Frank has become non-existant on offense. Plus it’s looking like KP will be gone for the season.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/28/2018  2:45 PM
I think Noah is the perfect piece next to KP if the plan is to shift KP to the 5. I hope that is the plan but I don't necessarily think it is.

I think the lineup that I am leaning towards mid to long term is:
Mudiay
THJ
Knox
Vonleh
KP

and, if I can dream, I would love to see a trade for Beal (THJ and Frank)

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/28/2018  3:11 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I think Noah is the perfect piece next to KP if the plan is to shift KP to the 5. I hope that is the plan but I don't necessarily think it is.

Mudiay
THJ
Knox
Vonleh
KP

I still get twitching side effects cause I'm thinking Joakim instead of Vonleh.

But yes, Vonleh has been eye opening. I bigs rotation of KP, Vonleh, Mitch, Kanter would be nice but I don't think salary cap could hold all. IF the Knicks were able to sign a big name, I'd guess Vonleh would get the nod for the MLE.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
11/28/2018  3:27 PM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I think Noah is the perfect piece next to KP if the plan is to shift KP to the 5. I hope that is the plan but I don't necessarily think it is.

Mudiay
THJ
Knox
Vonleh
KP

But yes, Vonleh has been eye opening. I bigs rotation of KP, Vonleh, Mitch, Kanter would be nice but I don't think salary cap could hold all. IF the Knicks were able to sign a big name, I'd guess Vonleh would get the nod for the MLE.

I think the plan will be to play KP 50/50 between positions. PLay him at the 5 next to Vonleh and at the 4 next to Robinson.

And i think when the Knicks use up their cap space, Vonleh will be the obvious candidate for the room exception, which runs about 2 years 10 mil.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/28/2018  3:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2018  3:29 PM
martin wrote:

Mudiay
THJ
Knox
Vonleh
KP

Marv would be perfect piece next Joakim, when the latter gets put out to pasture

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/3/2018  6:30 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2018  7:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

saw this tweet and meant to post, thanks Crush.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Is Vonleh the answer when Porzingis returns?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy