[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's our Record with KP? And KD?
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/20/2018  9:55 PM
Everyone is complaining about everyone. Mudiay is garbage, Frank is garbage, why are we wasting development resources on these players.

Fiz is a horrible coach, he's aweful, he has no system.

Yet I have watched a fantastic game of basketball. We tried, and when we do, we're in games.

The talent is lacking. Add KP back, add maybe KD- and what does that roster do next year?

Tonight, we'd likely have beaten Portland with KP. Add KD, and we probably blow them out 20 points.

I know, theoreticals.

But honest, folks need to chill. For once in the Dolan era, they're all on the same page and working to build something- not try to magically create a winner on paper.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/20/2018  10:24 PM
I think this is probably a 37-40 win team with KP right now. Obviously the rotations and roles of players changes completely if KP is in the picture. Hardaway is proving what he can do and would be an excellent #2. He would take pressure off of KP. Vonleh would be an amazing paring with KP. In terms of fit he would probably be better than anyone KP has ever played with in the front court. Right now i would start KP, Vonleh, Knox, Hardaway, and Mudiay and i think it could win some games. Add KD to the mix next year and this is probably a 48 win team or so. Next year with improvements from Knox, Robinson, Trier, and Ntilikina this would probable be a 50+ win team with KD and a healthy KP. Likely starting lineup would be KP, KD, Knox, Hardaway, and Ntilikina (who would just be able to focus on defense and open shots) but i can see plenty of bigger lineups with Robinson/Vonleh at the 5, KP, KD, Hardaway, and Ntilikina. 1st round pick in 2019 and Trier in the mix too and it would be a nice looking group.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/20/2018  11:00 PM
We still lost so 1248 will not be impressed..
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/21/2018  2:39 AM
franco12 wrote:The talent is lacking. Add KP back, add maybe KD- and what does that roster do next year?

Durant would never sign with the Knicks. For the sake of discussion, if he did, he could drag this team to the Eastern Conference Finals by himself. The team would lose in the ECF, but he could get them there.

Something to consider is that Durant, over his next long term deal, will eventually have to transition to playing center. It's the natural progression that Garnett and Dirk (SF to PF to C) had and this won't be too much different.

They won't get Durant, but if the Knicks did, they should trade Zinger. Danny Ainge is still apparently in love with Zinger and Horford is as good as gone. Ainge would move Tatum for Zinger.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/21/2018  7:29 AM
When this team played well last year and were in the playoff hunt, KP was dominant MVP level scorer with elite interior D.

Then he slowed down, became more of an all star level, and the team wasn’t able to stay in the playoffs but were competitive.

I think same case now in that with a 22 point a night KP we are able to win 30 games a season, with a 27 pint a night MVP level KP we are a playoff team.

Talent simply lacks here. I only think KP and Frank are longterm assets to this franchise as they can impact the game on both sides of the ball. Frank will not be a star, however he can be an asset on a team that has KP and another star, where Frank can then focus on défense, shooting open 3s etc

Knox I don’t really know man, I think he will be a good scorer in the league but he’s a dime a dozen wing, nothing special about his talent. I’d trade him and THj for an established all star guard who is 26 or younger like Bradley Beal without hesitation.

Knixkik
USA
11/21/2018  8:38 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
franco12 wrote:The talent is lacking. Add KP back, add maybe KD- and what does that roster do next year?

Durant would never sign with the Knicks. For the sake of discussion, if he did, he could drag this team to the Eastern Conference Finals by himself. The team would lose in the ECF, but he could get them there.

Something to consider is that Durant, over his next long term deal, will eventually have to transition to playing center. It's the natural progression that Garnett and Dirk (SF to PF to C) had and this won't be too much different.

They won't get Durant, but if the Knicks did, they should trade Zinger. Danny Ainge is still apparently in love with Zinger and Horford is as good as gone. Ainge would move Tatum for Zinger.

Whether or not he would sign with the Knicks is up for discussion. He's not KG or Dirk, he's a true SF while those guys were PFs eventually moving to the 5. His progression would be to the PF position. KP at the 5, KD at the 4, and Knox hopefully developing at the 3 is the ideal positionless frontcourt for the NBA today. Our SG position is set with Hardaway and maybe eventually Trier. PG would be the position that needs to be addressed before turning this group into a contender.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/21/2018  9:49 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:When this team played well last year and were in the playoff hunt, KP was dominant MVP level scorer with elite interior D.

Then he slowed down, became more of an all star level, and the team wasn’t able to stay in the playoffs but were competitive.

I think same case now in that with a 22 point a night KP we are able to win 30 games a season, with a 27 pint a night MVP level KP we are a playoff team.

Talent simply lacks here. I only think KP and Frank are longterm assets to this franchise as they can impact the game on both sides of the ball. Frank will not be a star, however he can be an asset on a team that has KP and another star, where Frank can then focus on défense, shooting open 3s etc

Knox I don’t really know man, I think he will be a good scorer in the league but he’s a dime a dozen wing, nothing special about his talent. I’d trade him and THj for an established all star guard who is 26 or younger like Bradley Beal without hesitation.

That 2-10 run that started right before Christmas buried them. The same thing happened the previous season. In regards to Frank, I am hoping for good things but enjoying the good play of the other young guys and not focusing on Frank as much. I think the franchise hit a home run with the 18 draft. Robinson, Knox and Trier are all a part of the future. I think Dotson, Vonleh and maybe Mudiay will be a part of the future as well. If Frank ends up being Andre Roberston light on d but with a bit more offense that wouldn't be horrible. One good sign with Frank is he is hitting the free throws that he takes (small sample size) at a higher rate and sometimes that leads to a better shooting percentage.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/21/2018  9:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2018  9:57 AM
arkrud wrote:We still lost so 1248 will not be impressed..

You know who I'm impress with, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, he was a pg that was pick @ 11, who's the same age and height as frank but, 10x better on both ends. He has taken more FT in 3 wks, than frank HAS IN 6 MONTHS....lol, did the knicks even work him out...oh wait, they wanted to put all their attn to frank and mudiay (kudos for mudiay who is playing much much better)

Shai is playing better than Knox as well, but i'll hold my judgement on knox for now, but the concerns coming into the draft for him, yeah, their showing it's head.

The Mills and Perry show is starting to look like reruns from the Phil jackson and MILLS show..were are headed for a 17 win season, only THJ is the NEW melo, a one man show that tries to carry the team.

your telling your fans that knox, frank, trier, and mitch will be good 4 yrs from now (but no guaranties) that's what your telling the OWNER, FA.

ES
Knixkik
USA
11/21/2018  9:59 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

You know who I'm impress with, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, he was a pg that was pick @ 11, who's the same age and height as frank but, 10x better on both ends. He has taken more FT in 3 wks, than frank HAS IN 6 MONTHS....lol, did the knicks even work him out...oh wait, they wanted to put all their attn to frank and mudiay (kudos for mudiay who is playing much much better)

Shai is playing better than Knox as well, but i'll hold my judgement on knox for now, but the concerns coming into the draft for him, yeah, their showing it's head.

The Mills and Perry show is starting to look like reruns from the Phil jackson and MILLS show..were are headed for a 17 win season, only THJ is the NEW melo, a one man show that tries to carry the team.

your telling your fans that knox, frank, trier, and mitch will be good 4 yrs from now (but no guaranties) that's what your telling the OWNER, FA.

SGA has been good but don't go crazy. He's a better offensive player than Frank, and better overall, but nowhere near the defender. I like him a lot, and a lot better than Frank, but you're not being realistic.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/21/2018  9:59 AM
Knox hasn't shown anything at all. I find it amazing people amount him part of the future.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knixkik
USA
11/21/2018  10:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:When this team played well last year and were in the playoff hunt, KP was dominant MVP level scorer with elite interior D.

That 2-10 run that started right before Christmas buried them. The same thing happened the previous season. In regards to Frank, I am hoping for good things but enjoying the good play of the other young guys and not focusing on Frank as much. I think the franchise hit a home run with the 18 draft. Robinson, Knox and Trier are all a part of the future. I think Dotson, Vonleh and maybe Mudiay will be a part of the future as well. If Frank ends up being Andre Roberston light on d but with a bit more offense that wouldn't be horrible. One good sign with Frank is he is hitting the free throws that he takes (small sample size) at a higher rate and sometimes that leads to a better shooting percentage.

Yeah i agree. I am down on Frank but we know at least what he is in the league. A roberson-type defensive player. This draft class could be the saving grace here. 3 guys who have real NBA talent and all look the part of a great supporting cast to KP. We just need a 2nd star.

Knixkik
USA
11/21/2018  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2018  10:05 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:Knox hasn't shown anything at all. I find it amazing people amount him part of the future.

He just turned 19 (should be a college freshman) and has shown signs of NBA scoring ability. He's big and a smooth athlete. Dominated his age in SL. He's all potential, and little production right now. It is more about his approach than his talent. He shows the talent, no one can deny that. You can see what he's capable of in flashes. But remember he's 19. It won't happen very often yet.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/21/2018  10:08 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

We are playing without our stud player and you think his play doesn't pick others up as well when he's back? come on. THJ is the new melo....? Dude is playing D right now and rebounding and assisting and for the most part taking good shots and has shown the strong desire to be an all star.

Mills n Perry look NOTHING like Phil show. Phil signed Noah to a 4 yr contract meanwhile Perry and Mills have shown that with the youngest club they're moving to player development rather than win-now phase. It doesn't matter if KD doesn't sign here. The long term future of this team is finally headed in the right direction. When you focus your NBA and G-League teams on player development, good things are bound to happen. Yoots baby!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/21/2018  10:15 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

17 will be supper great. We will have a shot on exceptional talent. Really exiting!!!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
USA
11/21/2018  10:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2018  10:27 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

We are playing without our stud player and you think his play doesn't pick others up as well when he's back? come on. THJ is the new melo....? Dude is playing D right now and rebounding and assisting and for the most part taking good shots and has shown the strong desire to be an all star.

Mills n Perry look NOTHING like Phil show. Phil signed Noah to a 4 yr contract meanwhile Perry and Mills have shown that with the youngest club they're moving to player development rather than win-now phase. It doesn't matter if KD doesn't sign here. The long term future of this team is finally headed in the right direction. When you focus your NBA and G-League teams on player development, good things are bound to happen. Yoots baby!

Knicks1248's post is exactly why they say you can't rebuild in NY.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/21/2018  10:54 AM
You guys acting like KD is a shoe in and KP is going to as good as before. We are in the territory of the unknowns. We had Melo, KP, Rose and Noah and we sucked. It doesn’t matter the team never has shown consistency.

Right now you guys are entertained by effort. Effort should be a given. What you guys need to worry about is the developmental regression of the young players. Knox has regressed as has Frank. We are enthusiastic about Trier but he is a one on one player. System be damned. Another concern is Fizz has no system and he is relying on one on one play. It won’t get the team anywhere and you know it won’t.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/21/2018  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2018  11:31 AM
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Knox hasn't shown anything at all. I find it amazing people amount him part of the future.

He just turned 19 (should be a college freshman) and has shown signs of NBA scoring ability. He's big and a smooth athlete. Dominated his age in SL. He's all potential, and little production right now. It is more about his approach than his talent. He shows the talent, no one can deny that. You can see what he's capable of in flashes. But remember he's 19. It won't happen very often yet.

Agreed...I mentioned in a another post that Knox is a year older than HS seniors!!! And after 18 games in the NBA (actually less than that since he was hurt) some are ready to write him off as being a part of our future? SMH...This is the mentality that makes it impossible for this fanbase to accept a rebuild. How about we give his body time to grow and get stronger...Give him time to adjust to the speed of the game...Give him a couple of summers to do some film work and work on his weaknesses and add on to his strengths....Remember, we are the same franchise that had a coach walk the sidelines and call a 19-20 year old Trevor Ariza delusional and force us to trade him away before he could develop into the champion and elite talent he became.

Knixkik
USA
11/21/2018  11:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2018  11:36 AM
Vmart wrote:You guys acting like KD is a shoe in and KP is going to as good as before. We are in the territory of the unknowns. We had Melo, KP, Rose and Noah and we sucked. It doesn’t matter the team never has shown consistency.

Right now you guys are entertained by effort. Effort should be a given. What you guys need to worry about is the developmental regression of the young players. Knox has regressed as has Frank. We are enthusiastic about Trier but he is a one on one player. System be damned. Another concern is Fizz has no system and he is relying on one on one play. It won’t get the team anywhere and you know it won’t.

I don't think anyone thinks KD is a shoe-in. As for KP, he tore his ACL and today players return just as good. He's 23 years old. No reason to think he won't be the same player. As far as future injuries, that's a different story, but the ACL is no concern. Also, he had no other ligament damage, it was a clean ACL tear. Best case scenario.
CrushAlot
USA
11/21/2018  11:41 AM
Uptown wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Agreed...I mentioned in a another post that Knox is a year older than HS seniors!!! And after 18 games in the NBA (actually less than that since he was hurt) some are ready to write him off as being a part of our future? SMH...This is the mentality that makes it impossible for this fanbase to accept a rebuild. How about we give his body time to grow and get stronger...Give him time to adjust to the speed of the game...Give him a couple of summers to do some film work and work on his weaknesses and add on to his strengths....Remember, we are the same franchise that had a coach walk the sidelines and call a 19-20 year old Trevor Ariza delusional and force us to trade him away before he could develop into the champion and elite talent he became.

This. After the summer league publications were touting him as a candidate for roy. He has talked about trying to get his conditioning back after being out so long. You can't preach patience for Frank and have your mind made up on Knox. Knox entered the nba at a younger age then Frank.
CrushAlot
USA
11/21/2018  11:44 AM
Vmart wrote:You guys acting like KD is a shoe in and KP is going to as good as before. We are in the territory of the unknowns. We had Melo, KP, Rose and Noah and we sucked. It doesn’t matter the team never has shown consistency.

Knox was injured and is coming back from that. What place was Frank at that he regressed from? I don't think anyone thinks KD is a shoe in but the rumors out there are similar to LBJ to the Lakers.
What's our Record with KP? And KD?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy